TickTick Reviews

TickTick

Multi-platform task, to-do and productivity management

TickTick

Review Summary

Pros

Great functionality, you can build smart lists, the calendar view is great, the UI on the mobile app is getting better and better, you can assign tasks, create subtasks, and upload photos.

Kirk M.

Josué L.

Ajani A.

Cons

If you dismiss it, it can kinda gets lost in the UI.

Although it's a snap to backup and download your work, it was a little hard to find the link. Once found, problem solved.

Craig V.

My workflow was messy and I missed many tasks before I started using TickTick. The inclusion of Pomodoro timer helped me stayed focus during works.

Md S.

4.8

The best task management app

Extremely satisfied paying customer. Highly recommended for anyone especially android users

Pros

Beautiful, full-featured, intuitive task management platform. It has apps for Android, Windows, iOS, and web-based. Below are some of the features that make is it stand out for me: - Smart parsing of dates - Beautiful gadgets for Android users with plenty of display modes and colors available. - Tag and smart list support - the user interface is among the best I've used - Pomo timer support - Support multi-user teams even for free accounts - Constantly updated with new features - Drag and drop support - Price is reasonable

Cons

- Lack of Microsoft Outlook support would be nice - Fewer windows gadget options to choose from in comparison to Android. - Doesn't have the support that some of the older competitors have (Wunderlist for example(

One of the best

Quick, affordable (free), available (Android, Windows and Mac!) everywhere, good looking so it's easy to get other people in the company to use it and share the tasks. I rely on it daily and will continue to do so in the future. Please keep the software lean and usable.

Pros

This is the software which finally persuaded me to move away from carrying around physical, paper notebooks and start relying just on my phone and my computer as a to-do list. I like that TickTick is very powerful already in its free tier, I love that it's simple and polished, well designed and quick. It hasn't failed me once, unlike Wunderlist for example. It's great that I can find it on most of the platforms I use, as a standalone app, and not just a wrapped browser window - it shows skill and dedication by the developers which in turn makes me trust them more with my data.

Cons

The premium tier seems a bit too gamified for my taste. I don't need most of the premium features and I would like to remove all the nagging branding and icons. A better way, at least for me, would be to be able to have just a minimal free version and a separate premium one.

Customer service completely destroyed the experience

In the end, I decided the software wasn't for me. However, I still felt it was useful for others and would have happily recommended it to others. They offer a 14-day refund policy, so since I was within the 14 day window, I followed their steps to request a refund. Well after the 14-day window passed, they had not opened my emails or responded in any way. I had to open a dispute with Paypal, at which...

Pros

I liked the idea that I could use the software as a one-stop shopping for my calendar, to-do list, and more. The idea of combining a calendar for those tasks that had a due date and a to-do list for tasks that didn't was very appealing.

Cons

It didn't offer me reminders in the way that Google Calendar does, so it ended up being pretty ineffective for me. Without reminders, if I forgot to look at the calendar (which I often forgot), I'd end up missing things.

TickTick is a great replacement for Wunderlist

I was a devoted Wunderlist user, but when Microsoft bought Wunderlist then killed it in favor of its To Do app, I needed to find a replacement because To Do didn't have all the functionality of Wunderlist. I tried other list apps, but didn't like the way they looked (Todoist had too much white space and I didn't like the way subtasks looked) or worked and none seemed to have all the functions I wanted. TickTick had everything and then some!

Pros

I love that TickTick has smart lists, an inbox, and the ability to share lists. I also love the Pomodoro timer for productivity! Ability to set recurring tasks and reminders is key.

Cons

I'd love the Custom views to be visible right above Lists instead of in a separate tab.

I loved it, it helped me to stay organized and focused

Pros

It was amazing to have the full potential of this tool available, it has great features like the calendar view, integration with Google Calendar, you're able to add attachments, locations, etc. It's a really good product, the best part of it (I Think) is its Pomodoro timer, it's a great way to keep you focused on what's really important, and you will notice how productive you can be if you start using it.

Cons

The price, I was very reluctant to pay an annual subscription for a To-Do app, especially coming from something free like Microsoft's To-Do or Google Keep, but it was worth it... although I would love it if the price drops a little.

Super excited to see you like it! Will reevaluate the pricing with the product team asap.

A very comprehensive task management tool

Being probably my third to-do app/platform, TickTick was amazing with it's cross-platform availability and "just works" nature.

Pros

- Unlimited, Reliable sync - Web App - Usability - Simple but comprehensive - Custom repeats - Multiple reminders - Task delegation - Lists, sub-tasks, priorities, notes & more - Looks good - Almost free

Cons

My use with TickTick increased beyond what I expected and there was always a limitation on how many lists and tasks within lists one could create with a free account, but they increased the limitation later on, which started to feel like a limitation to me. Sure I could upgrade to a premium subscription but I couldn't justify the price.

Cross-platform lightweight task manager that allows to stay focused and productive

Pros

1. Flexible, allows me to set up my task management flow. 2. App has timer allows me to set multiple work and break intervals depending on the size of my task. 3. Tags and subtags. 4. Smart tags. 5. Perfect calendar view.

Cons

1. Need more clear day tasks statistics for unfinished tasks (in hours). 2. The "Today" section related only to the calendar. Calendar-based tasks hard using practice. Calendar-based tasks in classic all activities in which minimum 2 participated or owner can't move cause tickets have bought, hotel has ordered etc. So I would like more flexibility so that I can include tasks without dates in "Today" section. By analogy with the MS ToDo and Things3

Focus your brain on whats in front of you, not what's in the future

It works, I prefer it to Todoist at the moment. If you're looking for a solution to offload your brain, this is it.

Pros

It's really a paradigm shift to go from juggling everything in your head to offloading things onto a software that's designed to remember things for you. A lot of the weight it's worth is in how you use it, but it's powerful enough to scale from a lightweight solution up to being able to support a entire life's worth of tasks to keep track of.

Cons

The Windows version of the application is buggy, with some bugs that have been present for the calendar year or longer and people still experience the issue. I prefer to access software like this directly through a program, so it was discouraging that I wasn't able to sign in through Google.

Economical & Love the Customizations

My husband and I needed a replacement for Wunderlist, which we've used for years. After MUCH research and comparison we chose TickTick and are both very happy with it. We upgraded to Premium to transfer our data from Wunderlist, which was super-easy to do. We like that we can each have our own accounts with personal lists as well as shared lists. I love that I can color-code lists and tags, and that created lists allow emojis.

Pros

The free version is great if you don't need all the bells and whistles. The premium version is very economical compared to similar products.

Cons

My complaints are trivial and cosmetic: I'd like to be able to upload a photo instead of choosing from their themes, and I wish the app would open to show all the lists, rather than a specific list, and that the .

Really nice GTD software

I am enjoying usage of this tool. It helps in every day task organization.

Pros

Easy to use. Clear design. Calendar and kanban view are great features not available in other software.

Cons

Lack of estimation feature. There is possibility to estimate task in no of pomodoros but it is really hidden.

This is the best minimalist app to keep a to-do list

Milimalist user interface Easy way to add notifications by just typing the day and the time, e.g. Thursday 15:00 I get timely notifications on my mobile phone It's really affordable to buy the premium plan. The premium plan gets you a calendar for the web version, which by the way you get access to on your phone even if you're on the free version. Thank you ticktick for that BUT I've repeatedly paid...

Pros

Cons

The app has never failed me although sometimes I feel a bit insecure about getting notified. In the end, I always get the right notifications. Also, when I accidentally complete or dismiss a notification on my Android phone it's difficult to seek and find the task in order to reset it back to "active".

Get things done efficiently with TickTick

Overall, TickTick has been very helpful for keeping smaller tasks organized and scheduled. While we prefer Jira for project/incident management, TickTick allows us to keep track of our daily to-do lists. TickTick also makes it straightforward to look back and see what was accomplished on any given day. The natural language parsing makes it easy to schedule tasks, and there are plenty of customization options that allow each user to work in the way that makes the most sense to them.

Pros

TickTick makes it easy to jot down quick reminders and to-do list items. It syncs between the desktop version and the mobile app version, so you can quickly add a task from your phone while in a meeting, and then add more detail on your computer when you get back to your office.

Cons

Occasionally, the sync process will fail without any clear indication of what happened, resulting in missing data. This is very rare, but there is definitely room for improvement in reliability.

I've been looking for an app like this all my smartphone-user-life!

I have a notes/lists app that I'm very happy with (Keep by Google), but its reminders feature is not a good fit for me. So for the last few years I've been plowing through various apps and the only one that worked didn't have the possibility to create account, so I've lost all my data when my phone bricked. This prompted me to start the research again, and I'm so glad that I've found TickTick. I don't think I'll look for another app anytime soon, it ticks all my needs.

Pros

It has a minimalist interface with lots of available features that are there if you need them, but hidden if you don't. Many complex apps have a clogged UI that's not very user-friendly if you only need to use it on "simple mode". It's been a pleasant surprise to discover that beneath TickTick's clean interface are lots of features that create powerful use flows. I highly recommend it! + bonus points for having a web version

Cons

When a reminder happens in a moment when you really can't deal with it, it can be complicated (in terms of mental bandwidth, not technically) to make an update on the spot. If you dismiss it, it can kinda gets lost in the UI.

Hi there, thank you for leaving us a review. Glad to hear that you find TickTick fits into your needs for task management. We've made several updates ever since then. If you still get trouble about the reminder, or have any suggestions to us, please feel free to reach out to us at support@appest.com at anytime. Happy to help out! Thanks!

My day to day trustworthy task manager

Better track of work, personal and home tasks. Freeing up my mind and being able to keep almost every aspect of my day to day life organized.

Pros

I love it's clean interface, it is really easy to see and to use. One of the features I use the most is smart date parsing, it is so easy to add tasks and due dates and repeating options this way, also, paired with Voice input mode, it is really powerful and easy to add tasks on the go. It's recent addition of pomodoro timer to the task is such a cool little feature I'm still getting used to, but it has been really helpful. Calendar integration and views are perfect for a weekly review and to see the big picture and your month/week at a glance. It has been my preferred task manager for quite a while now and will continue to be.

Cons

The only downside I have found is that in its iOS, the reminder notifications can get lost if you don't get to them on the spot, they disappear to the "Today earlier" part of notification center and they don't keep persistent in your first glance of the notifications. Other than that, I believe it is the most functional and powerful multi platform task manager around.

Tool for managing business... and life

Love at the first sight. Using this tool for three years or more. My job consists of a lot of small tasks that occur on daily basis, tool with more kabana feeling would be too complicated. I also summarize meeting or other stuff with list in e-mail and then I copy the list to the task description in TickTick, change task mode to checklist and vouila! Every new line is new item on the checklist. So amazing I can't even <3

Pros

+ ease of use + clever way to make any list from somewhere else to checklist by changing the mode of the task + easy way to add new items to the checklist or tasks overall + multiplatform integration (addons, website, apps) + multiple options for task repeating + tags, priorities and project sorting of tasks + smart lists + reasonable price for premium

Cons

- Limitation of tasks and items in free version, but it is enough to manage if you put effort. - Not being able to share projects with someone else in free version

Hello! Free users can also share a list with one person and receiving, editing shared projects without limits. You may find out more here https://ticktick.com/about/upgrade

Best Personal To-Do List

I use TickTick as my personal to-do list, keeping track of everything from when to pay bills to events on my calendar to random chores.

Pros

My favorite feature of TickTick, and the one that makes it stand out, is the way it handles recurring to-dos. I wanted a calendar-based to-do list where I could add monthly items like paying certain bills, recycling pick-up, etc., and TickTick was the only app I could find that allowed that. At least for free. TickTick lets me keep track of everything, big and small, without having to remember to put things on the to-do list over and over again. Plus, you get the satisfaction of actually checking things off as if they were on a paper to-do list.

Cons

There are sometimes minor glitches, such as with dragging the order of items each day. But it's nothing so big that has turned me off from TickTick yet.

Hey there! Thanks for your candid reviews! TickTick will keep improving in the future and make a more useful tool for you guys.

The Best Productivity Software, Hands Down!

TickTick takes the best parts of Todoist, Trello, ect and puts them together into one extremely easy to use platform. After switching task platforms for years, I've finally found the one that has EVERYTHING I've been looking for. Plus, the team there is great and they are constantly updating and improving the platform (unlike its competition). Use TickTick... trust me

Pros

Has every feature I've been looking for for years: - Calendar View - Easy to use Task system - Lists & tags - Pomodoro Timer - Kanban view - Premium version is so affordable!

Cons

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I'm obsessed with this software.

Hi Joshua, so glad to see your positive review! Your words are very encouraging to us. Most recently, we added some new features, such as Markdown, Time Zone, Google Assistant integration etc. Hope you like them! Thanks!

Great ToDo Application with Some Questions

TickTick is a very, very capable task manager with outstanding apps on all platforms. It's quick, syncs perfectly, and is very feature-rich. However, the Chinese ties and accompanying privacy and security policies may be a turnoff.

Pros

- Very fast and perfect sync - Cross-platform without a hitch - The Team develops and adds features very quickly - Calendar view is fantastic - Free version is already very capable and great value - iOS and Android versions are fantastic

Cons

- There's an iffy privacy and security policy, and the company is based in China. This feels very uncomfortable if you want to trust an application with private information. - Only really 2-3 levels deep when it comes to creating task lists - Support on the forum is very very limited, language barrier comes into play - Some parts and information feel poorly translated (from Chinese into English)

Hello! Currently, our team is based in Hong Kong but all the databases and servers are hosted by Amazon Web Services(AWS) in the U.S. and it's encrypted. You may find out more via https://ticktick.com/about/security

Awesome App but ...

Best App out there !! Can’t recommend enough

Pros

It’s just the most awesome app ever .. so user friendly and has saved the day throughout lockdown where our staff worked from home .

Cons

How do I know when someone who is collaborating with me has either put a new task or commented on a old task ?? It is very time consuming as I leave loads of comments and new tasks everyday for my PA to action , and she says she does not know which tasks have new comments on or which tasks are new , and needs to go through all the tasks ( which can be a lot , she has over 200 tasks at any time ) in order to work out which tasks are new or have new comments in.. this downside really lets this app down . Besides this point it’s the best App out there and I highly recommend this to anyone out there

a subscription based to do app with a lot of options and built in goal tracker, pomodoro, calendar.

productive! biggest competitor is todoist which has discounted price for students and educators.

Pros

TickTick app is the to-do app with most features of the available to-do apps. Product is easy to use but to use all the features, there is a learning curve, it took me few weeks to grasp most if not all the features. Integration with my workflow was easy as it has a web app, i was not able to download the software on work computer. It also has built in goal tracker, calendar, pomodoro app. setting reminder has alot of options to set recurring reminders.

Cons

TickTick needs monthly or yearly subscription, a learning curve to understand the app well. integrates with google calendar but sync with the calendar takes almost a day to show new tasks.

The best to-do app I've used

Very happy overall. I am not requesting any feature but maybe some advice as how to use it to its fullest potential.

Pros

I tried them all but always come back to TickTick. I like the fact that they also include a habit tracker and a Pomodoro feature. I think that's the only to-do software with this.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this tool. I just wish they would create guide and best practice guides to help us take the most out of this tool.

Fantastic software tool to stay organized and productive

TickTick works great for us because it acts as both a to-do list and workflow manager. It helps our work team with organization, productivity and transparency around tasks and workflow. I love that it has a mobile app as well as a web app so it's really always at hand.

Pros

TickTick has been a fantastic way of managing my tasks and to-do lists at work. It's easy to use on both the mobile and web app and syncs up instantly. Any time I think of something I need to remember or do later I can add it on the go. From there I can organize and sort my tasks and to-do items in custom columns. It's also incredibly useful to be able to set dates and times, add tags or assign something to a specific person on your team or within your company. Reminders are very effective and easy to manage.

Cons

I think the design of the mobile app could be improved as it is not the most intuitive set-up and lay-out takes some initial navigation in order to familiarize yourself with it.

Well worth the migration from Wunderlist

I have been on the search for a simple app to track my tasks. I work almost solo, handle two hobs and several projects and it is simply brilliant. The way it automatically translates your written instructions to dates and reminders works well. Its integration with google assistant is also very handy I just go like "Ok Google, Note to self" then narrate the task and it gets added. There UI is very intuitive and the addition of a small calendar underneath the task names is brilliant as you can simply drag and drop tasks at certain dates. I used to love Wunderlist and I still think it's a quality platform but it falls short of TickTick. Highly recommended

Pros

- Quality user interface and the greate Android widgets - The calendar on the web version which supports dragging and dropping - Hashtags and smart lists support - Integration with google assistant - Cross-platform - Frequent updates and new features

Cons

- at the moment 13/10/2018 nothing! it just works well

Hey there! Thanks a lot for the support. Glad you've enjoyed TickTick.

My favorite APP for a task list

Aside from thier faults I still use this product everyday. I have tried a few times to get away so I could get sub folders but I always come back.

Pros

I use this every day. My favorite feature Is the smart list. You can build a list based on criteria or conditions, which when you start going can create a very useful context-based list.

Cons

Support is not the best, they do get to you eventually. Also there has been a long standing request for sub folders, (right now limited to two level sub folder) and they have still not obliged thier audience. I've been waiting for that feature for about 2 years if not more.

Best simple task manager available

I've been using ticktick for over a year now and I use it daily. My partner and I use it to ensure we are on the same page with our daily tasks, chores, taking care of the dog, etc. It's been a life changer and has increased my productivity drastically.

Pros

Cons

The only thing missing is a native time tracking feature within Ticktick. You can integrate with at least one app, but you have to log in to that app to access the data. It would be better to be able to access everything within ticktick. Aside from that, ticktick is great.

Hey there! The "Pomo Timer" feature might be helpful?