Buildxact Logo

Buildxact

Bid more, win more. Quote 5X faster with digital tools.

Buildxact Reviews - Page 2

Andre R.

Builder Review for Buildxact

It saves me lots of time and gives me security in my management of our company. Tried and tested and bullet proof.

Pros

To many to describe. The most i like is its layers of complexity. You don't have to use them but boy if you do. You can create material order lists from the takeoff. with in a few clicks and send that to your supplier. The support team and Buildxact are great. Very helpful and quick to respond.

Cons

Can't really complain its a 98% complete package with out the nonsense of needing other software. They also have been developing it for years with suggestions from the user.

Thanks for the great review Andre

LR

Lacey R.

Flexible product for Flexible Builders

Costing is much easier with the takeoff system and purchase orders are simple to create. Everything is more streamlined and working out final costs is simple.

Pros

Buildxact is very flexible and adaptable to most types of building. Their support department is amazing and very prompt with replies. They are constantly updating and adding new features and listen to suggestions from their users.

Cons

There is a bit of setup involved, but one it's done, the end result is worth it.

Thanks for such a positive review of Buildxact!

MJ

Matt J.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Completely overhauled our business model

It has been a great journey, wouldn't change a time. Buildxact team have been super helpful the entire journey.

Pros

The customizable templating and recipes building has streamlined our processes and estimating take offs, reducing time and improving accuracy.

Cons

Estimate costing screen needs margin and markup options, and showing the total exclusive of tax

Thanks for such a great review Matt!

JC

Jordan C.

Best band for you buck

Buildxact was exactly what I needed to run my business at a professional level without forking out tons of cash for features I don't need. Their team works to help you get exactly what you need out of the software. I highly recommend this to anyone from residential to high end commercial contractors of all trades.

Pros

Easy to setup and start using from day one regardless of your skill level. Intuitive setup and all the features one needs to professionally quote and manage a construction project. Lots of built in tools to help those just starting and tons of customization options to mold the platform to work with your specific business.

Cons

Time card application and RFI/submittal tracking would elevate this product beyond all others in the market.

Thanks for the really positive review Jordan!

HO

Harold O.

Construction, self-employed

My Buildxact review

Estimate writing is much easier, and more reliable than previously done. I just tried another software package for 6 weeks. Had thought of making the change on based on monthly Pricing. What I have here may be a bit more per month, but the overall savings on time, reliability, presentation organization, is worth much more.

Pros

The ease of Authoring the Quote. Being able to create and add Categories and line items keeps the quotes organized and easy to review. I like my quotes to be presented chronologically as the work will be progressed. The ability to Move categories, and or individual items is great. And simple as this sounds, being able to insert a line where ever I want, is priceless.

Cons

I have only used this software for the writing of quotes. After 1.5 years of use, the only shortfall I have is to be able to total out individual items throughout the quote such as labor, materials, equipment.

Thanks for such an awesome review Harold

GS

George S.

Continually Evolving

It has been a great product to help our company grow and is continually evolving and improving, the customer support is excellent. It was a little learning curve at the being but is definitely a case of short term pain for long term gain

Pros

It has systemised our quoting process, which speeds up our quote time, which leaves more time for project management and sales. We can produce extremely professional quotes now which include all the products we have allowed for so the clients and my team know exactly what they are getting

Cons

Integration with building suppliers in NZ isn't available yet but I believe this will come in due time. The client portal is quite cumbersome and I don't like the fact that we don't have control over this once it's set up. Manual inputting of supplier invoices can take some time The scheduling tool can be a bit of a pain to use and doesn't look very nice, an upgrade to this would be great

Thanks for the feedback George.

CJ

Craig J.

Buildxact Review

Two thumbs up! It has significantly increased my productivity through decreasing the estimation and job management process. I spend less time in the office and more time on the tools and having a clod beer after a hard day!

Pros

Buildxact is a simple but powerful estimating and job management tool. It has basic CRM functionality that enables the management of leads within the program. The ease take off tool is simple and when combined with the recipes makes the complex quite easy. Building recipes is easy to do and the supplied videos quide you through the process. The other huge time saver is the integration of the software with supplier catalogues. I don't spend anywhere near as much time manually entering items and prices and they are now always up to date.

Cons

There is nothing really diffcult withe the program. If they could improve one thing it is the ability to truly customise the quote cover in a simple manner. The advanced editing feature is a little too complex and even with the help of one of the trainers we couldn't get it to jump through the hoops we wanted. The cover still looks a million bucks - I would just like to tweak it a little more than the system allows.

Thanks for the review Craig.

SW

Stephen W.

builder use

We absolutely love Build xact, it's not perfect for my individual desires but it sure does capture my needs in a massive way, we can't imagine operating without it now. there is nothing like being certain on your pricing when negotiating with clients and subbies, it puts you in such a more powerful position and takes away a lot of the stress

Pros

I love the take off tools and the ease of generating a quotation, it allows me to get ontop of pricing and take offs and the ability to calculate variations based off of subcontractors m2 rates without waiting for my subbies to get back to me is invaluable. also when entering the line items I love that it can allow me to add in a picture into the specifications so that my client knows exactly what products are included in my quote and it also gives me to option to nominate items as provisional costs or provisional sums at the click of a button further more, I can select if the item is a task in the schedule so I have the ease of generating a gannt chart as i go with little to no down time so when I submit my quote I know exactly how long I need to build.

Cons

overall they have captured everything well and the only items I dont like are some of the little bugs that come with developing such a great software such as: 1. I would like a little more functionality in the plan scaling section. 2. The RFQ's tie themselves to line items and can't be adjusted without deleting the RFQ's or overriding them manually 3. All RFQ's have to be tied to a Job, you can't...

Thanks for the awesome review Stephen!

JP

John P.

Best Estimating and Project Management program available

Its positively changed my entire business in every way.

Pros

Simple to use, accurate and every feature just seems to work flawlessly.

Cons

I have not found an attribute that is negative about the program.

Thanks for the awesome review John!

DH

Daniel H.

Residential building user

Overall been a great product and highly recommend

Pros

Easy to use product and very helpful team that get back to you with answers to your questions.Constantly upgrading and adding features, always happy to hear your feedbackTime-sheet integration saves huge amount of time for me from manual data entry previously

Cons

No dedicated app as of yet but understand that is coming this year so am looking forward to that

Thanks for the great review Daniel

JI

Jane I.

Time saving device!

I love this software system and use it daily to help run my building company. The more I use it the more I can see areas of my business that will benefit from the software. I love how the developers are always updating an fine tuning BuildXact.

Pros

It saves me so much time in my business and frees up my life to spend more time with my family. Love the take-off function when quoting. Love the project profit tracking and variation functions

Cons

I wish it was an al in one CRM and job management software system and had a great app to use and integrated with trades and homeowners

Thanks for such a great review Jane!

LP

Luke P.

Abroenet Constructions - BX review

It has been a great addition to my business with its integration to xero and deputy.

Pros

I love the estimating, the take off tool within the estimating section. Its easy to convert a quote to a project. It links to my suppliers pricing which means i should always have the most up to date pricing avaialble

Cons

Dont like that you pay per user, not just per account. Or have a residential package to suit up to 5 users say. The timeline scheduling, unless I'm not using correctly is difficult to edit and frustrating so i dont use it like i probably should. Love that it links to xero and Deputy

Thanks for the great review Luke!

NS

Nick S.

Residential Renovations building Company review

My experience with BuildXact has definitely been positive. It has streamlined and simplified our quoting and cost planning processes.

Pros

I find the estimating features to be easy to use and effective in generating accurate project estimates / quotations. Leading on to 'Job' stage the historical data and cost plan is essential for reviewing and maintaining project cost controls. The Variation portal is also very beneficial with submitting and tracking any changes as the project progresses

Cons

I dont find the Accounting Software integration to be beneficial as the communication between Xero and Build Xact is not 2-way.

Thanks for the great review Nick!

BG

Bruce G.

Construction, self-employed

Buildxact - Estimating Game Changer

Estimates are so much quicker. I have been an estimator for over 20years and this system makes my job so much easier and faster.

Pros

The digital take-off is by far the best part of this software in my opinion. When linked to Recipes I can complete a full estimate far quicker then I ever have using other systems. Very easy to use and set up.

Cons

It woud be great if you could have a report while still in estimating stage of all Cost Centres with Recipes allocated, not being able to add more than one item at a time is a pain.

Thanks for such great feedback Bruce!

RW

Rachel W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Amazing support and easy to use

Buildxact have a team that ACTUALLY care about your business and help find solutions.

Pros

The support is fantastic. Any issues we come across, whether user or system, we get super fast solutions or training advice. The system is cost effective.

Cons

Would be great to have more reports and timesheets (we hate having to use Deputy to sync as Deputy is super complex).

Thanks for the great review Rachel

GC

Geoff C.

Product Review

I can now keep up with all quotes & take offs, time is saved massively! Not too mention I can attach all my contracts and save all my templates from all my suppliers, I love it!!

Pros

Keeping up with all our take offs, sending invoices/quotes etc

Cons

No iPhone app, so we can access all costings and other areas that you can from a PC, I have bookmarked the site so I have easy access to some areas of Builxact from my iPhone, that’s the only improvement I can see what will make this software

Thanks for such a great review Geoff!

PB

Peter B.

Buildxact Review

Better platform than previous systems used, however is lacking in some areas

Pros

Cloud based system, modern system with a lot of potential to improve functionality. Really easy to measure and take off from plans

Cons

Communication regarding feedback on features to improve the system is lacking. It appears the easy features may be addressed while the harder ones are ignored. Cutting lists are not a current feature. Cannot put in future prices rises effective on a certain date

Thanks for sharing your Buildxact feedback.

LN

Leigh N.

Highly recommend

We can easily keep on-top of all variations, invoicing, and schedules - also keeping a track of job costs via purchase orders has been really beneficial.

Pros

Being able to upload all types of plans and the ease of measuring up complex projects.

Cons

The Variation forms would be much better if you could list/add 'Actual Cost' items after the variation has been made up. (if something was accidentally missed) Being unable to export screen shots to show trades certain areas of what we have allowed etc.

Thanks for using Buildxact Leigh!

SD

Scott D.

Making Life easier

Could not be happier with BuildXact and get really good feed back from clients and our accountant team

Pros

From tracking quotes, to take offs and organizing your quote in a professional way, to sending purchase orders and tracking your project to the cent, BuildXact is by far the best value for money estimating/project management software on the market.

Cons

The scheduling is a bit clunky in comparison to MS Project

Thanks for your great feedback.

LB

Lee B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Ive tried many but Buildxact always comes out on top

Buildxact helps me to manage and keep track of costings and scheduling, also leads

Pros

I find that Buildxact is the easiest software to learn from scratch, it is the most intuitive construction management software that i have found so far

Cons

In the early days there were a few limitations that led me to search for more comprehensive packages, but i came back after a year or so of try others and found that a lot of the issues had been addressed, such as customer portal.There are still things like mobile app with company skin that would be a great additionMore editable types of invoice and document templates Would be great and also ability to set up a job template for cost plus with different sections / categories would be fantastic

Thanks for such a great review Lee!

JD

Joshua D.

Construction management made easy

Pros

I love that i never have to worry "did i send that order or book that tradie?" It is so easy to issue price requests, purchase orders, work orders and program my jobs/subbies and if i ever need to check that a task has been done i have the reassurance that the systems are in place to control all that communication.

Cons

The invoicing when completing cost plus projects could have more options and be more customisable.

Thanks for the great feedback and for using Buildxact.

BA

Bill A.

Exceptional Customer Service

Great. Has really turned my business around.

Pros

I have now been in business as a builder since the beginning of 2020 (basically right at the start of COVID). For two years I was using a different platform, and for the past year BuildXact. I was constantly stuffing up my estimates and bleeding money using the old platform, but since changing over to BX and building up my own custom template, I've now done three major extension/renovations through...

Cons

Costs are high, takeoff features could do with some improvments, no plan annotation feature for use with tablet/ stylus

Thanks for choosing Buildxact Bill

AW

Andrew W.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great allrounder that keeps getting better

We are able to generate accurate reports + track the jobs a lot better

Pros

Buildxact has all the features we need to run and manage multiple building projects.

Cons

Take off function takes a while to get used to

Thanks for the great review!

GA

Gavin A.

Buildxact Review

Time is the main factor overall. Your advertising did say you would save time, I honestly didn't believe you, but this has saved me a considerable amount of time. Thank you

Pros

The estimating is easy to use and pilot through. The integration of our existing spreadsheet was also simple to implement.

Cons

It is a same that Reckon are not coming on board. Overall the program is great to work through, although the customise of quote is good but not being able to split the estimating amounts up, but do realise i can offer them in the PS sums.

Thanks for the awesome review Gavin

HB

Holly B.

Admin review from a Building/Construction Company

Our company is enjoying using Buildxact soo much that we have changed our Timesheet program to Deputy so everything can be linked together.

Pros

Once you start a lead it then follows all the way through to final invoice, its all streamlined. And the help/communication with the bots or experts is very quick, you can also set training meetings if you need a face to face chat.

Cons

We are starting to use the invoicing features more and have found some small annoyances, like changing the invoicing format. Another small issue is the app with a few bugs, but this is very new and changes/updtaes are consistently occurring.

Thanks for the positive review Holly!