CMiC Reviews

How would you rate CMiC?

Pros

CMIC is an impressive product with tons of features, functionality, scalable to a large number of users and stable. It also has the ability to integrate with a few of our key platforms.

KK

Kyle K.

Excellent tool for the administration of architectural projects, Great technical support in billing. It has very reliable and efficient integrated systems.

Delgado N.

The cost management portion is great and easy for the user to comprehend. CMiC also does a great job supporting their customers and have top-notch account reps.

DF

Dawn F.

Cons

The amount of information within each section can be a little overwhelming. Saving after each step can be a little irritating.

BP

Bhavin P.

Terrible IT support that can’t seem to calculate our payroll and report job costs accurately on a regular basis. We are almost a year into dealing with ongoing software issues.

JH

Josie H.

Very slow and some functions do not work properly which is frustrating when your brain works faster than the programs and reports.

CH

Christina H.

Good Value

Pros

CMiC is a great value pm/payroll software we have been using for many years. The connection with the software and our database is instant and never had a problem.

Cons

The software needs some time to get use to, once pass that phase, it will make everything you do with it much easier.

Exceeds needs

The CMiC support group is great. I can always count on getting my problem resolved

Pros

I have had about 2 1/2 years experience now and I feel things have come a long way even since then. The constant updating and making it easier to see everything you need while in the module.

CMiC has it's perks

Pros

Everything is cloud based. You can access you files/projects from anywhere. This allows work to be done at any time with no restrictions.

Cons

Can be slow at times due to the internet (not necessarily ours). The system still has bugs they're working out.

CMiC Review

I am using CMiC in a construction project manager role. I like that the system stacks submittals and RFIs and is easy to enter this information and track the status. I am also using CMiC to track PCIs and write change orders. I like that the costs can be entered as received from subcontractors, and the subcontractor costs as well as the owner costs can both be tracked within a single process. I don't need to track subcontractor changes separate from owner changes anymore.

Pros

Project data can be stored within a single system instead of using multiple systems.

Cmic review

Double check your data output.

Pros

Once you learn it, it is easy to navigate.

Cons

Custom reporting options are limited.

Jen's Review

Pros

It took awhile to get used to but I feel comfortable with it now.\ I like the logs, which are exportable to excel. I like that it runs at a good speed most of the time. I like that it seems to have plenty of room for data/doesn't get bogged down.

Cons

1099 module not useful. Lack of links to additional information within data points. Pay attention to the variable choices for reports.

Great product

Enjoy! It's a great program, glad I recommended it to Focus Construction.

Pros

Makes everything nice and easy to manage costs and submittals and everything in between! Three things I really like about CMiC: - Cost Reports - Submittal tracking - RFI tracking

Cons

- Some of the forms do not look good when printed - Need quicker resolution on issues - Meeting minutes could use some tweaking

Get rid of your filing cabinets!

Training was thorough and assisted me in getting my project setup and even followed up with me after I was using the program for several months. Initial learning curve is a little steep, but using the program daily helps, just like learning a foreign language -- usage creates more ease with the program. I used it mainly for communication with all of the project players and as a repository for all project documents.

Pros

It's reliability and unlimited storage capacity.

Project Management

We just started using the software a year ago and it is a continuous learning experience. There are so many options/opportunities for us to streamline our business. We have just begun to touch the surface of everything CMiC has to offer. I believe CMiC has already made our team more efficient in so many areas...ie; time management, communication, paperless and much more.

Pros

The ease of use.

Field operations

Pros

I am a Field Superintendent. Basic daily reports are easy to do and a great resource to go back to for history We also use CMiC submittal logs, very easy to use. Three things I like about the software: - History of events - Daily log is easy to use - I know how many men there where on the Job for each trade on any given day

Cons

No complaints

CMiC - new user review

Sop far there have been some growing pains with CMiC. The customer support is generally very good, but we have run into one of the training people who was very difficult to work with and we spent a lot of time and learned very little from him.

Pros

I like what the results can be once all the data is entered. We have only been using this software for 6 months or so and the data entry on the front end is a lot. We have gotten some good data so far, but it has been very time consuming.

Cons

We started using CmiC to take the place of Quick Books in our department. There are certain things we have had to ask CMiC to customize for us, like making estimates. I don't feel like this is a great replacement for things like estimates but we are making it work. There is talk of us bringing back QB for certain things.

My Thoughts as a constant user

Definitely take a look into it.

Pros

CMiC has been very helpful in it's use. I like that it's constantly evolving and they're finding better ways to use it. The team has been responsive in any issues we may have.

Cons

Dashboard takes a while to load. A lot of places to do the same thing (or at least I think it's the same). Enterprise and Cloud are a little confusing.

Exceeds needs

Pros

Our accounts payable department utilizes CMIC as our only system.The system ensures we are accurate with our daily transactions. Very thorough information in the screens. We are able to customize what is available by associate need.

Cons

Construction accounting and management software that includes all aspects of the business

Pros

I like that this very simple looking software with an old school interface has virtually every feature you need to get the job done.

Cons

It often has these glitches where you input all of your necessary data and recalculate expecting to see the finished product but it doesn't save your information and you have to do it all over again.

Definitely see the potential in this product

Good job CMiC

Pros

I like the idea of the product and where it's going. When it links seamlessly, I believe this will be one of the best products out there. The ease of use is there.

Cons

It gets buggy at times and simple things that should work don't. I'm sure their tech. support team is swamped due to this, but this affect how I use the product now.

It is a software which is user friendly after you learn all the ins and outs of it.

Learn it from the beginning and ask questions if something is unclear.

Pros

1. Easy Navigation 2. Everything can be linked to each other 3. Reports can be customized.

Cons

1. Some functions which need to be customized cant be changed. 2. Some reports need to be improved.

There are MUCH better options out there.............. did someone say PROCORE ?

This software was in operation when i joined the company and the internal IT department messed with it on a weekly basis to try to modify a round peg into a square hole. It was a daily nightmare. Maybe if it was unmolested and used for what it was intended it may be useful but that was not my experience. I am no longer with that organization and thankfully no longer using Cmi C

Pros

Unfortunately I have nothing positive to say about this software based on four (4) years of using it on a daily basis.

Cons

Way too complicated for simple procedures Same info has to be manually entered on every line on the same project Way too many drop downs to enter a simple value Not remotely use friendly No cell were auto populated - everything had to be entered multiple times Excessive waste of time entering the same basic info multiple times

PMA Opinion

I am new to construction but from what I see with this software it is and will be very beneficial as we become more familiar with the process.

Pros

Helps keep everything organized and fairly easy to use. I also like the Workflow area. It is always nice to have an additional check and balance making sure I have completed all my tasks.

Highly Recommended

Pros

I love this software. Everything is super organized and the files are very easy to find. I like the layout and you can do with it.

Cons

The software can be overwhelming if you don't know what the purpose is. If you plan on using this software just make sure you get a rundown on how the functions work.

Overall satisfied with the CMiC experience

I have so far liked my general use of the software.

Pros

My favorite part of CMiC is that the whole project management and superintendent side of the job can be encapsulated into one easy to use software program.

Cons

redundancy in some of the functions and the inability to go back (like coding invoices) to prior activities after they have been finalized.

CMiC Review

I work a construction management company and use CMiC on a daily basis to track and document every step of the construction process. It has been very helpful to me as it has kept all project documents very organized and easily accessible.

Pros

Ease of access and user friendliness.

Excellent

For Project Management CMIC is excellent. For accounting - you really need to learn the software

Pros

I like the fact that everything is one place, and you can link things.

Cons

The reminders are not that good, need improvement. The compliances are not easy to update

PBI - Kimberly

The AR portion is much easier to use than our previous software. I really like the reports that can be generated once CMIC was able to customize them for PBI.

Pros

It's user friendly once I got used to it.

Project Manager Review

It is very easy to use, just becoming familiar with the tabs but the software itself is very helpful

Pros

I have been using the CMIC software for 3 months now and I do enjoy how it links all the components of my projects together. I am a Project Manager for a Real Estate Developer in South Florida. I like the cost status query option to input a change order and then have it show as pending in the query even if it's not posted yet. I also like how the log-in is secure and how I can link multiple projects to one dashboard. Lastly, I like the way we can attach back up to the change orders or subcontract tabs.

Cons

I really enjoy the software as a whole. It would be great if it could link to outlook so emails on my mac would upload immediately into the communications folder.

Satisfied with CMiC

Budget 8-12 months for implementation and training

Pros

We are still finishing implementation of the software, but we are satisfied with it so far. We are using it at a basic level and will continue to grow into more advanced features as we progress with it.

Cons

Viewing pictures from daily diaries is very cumbersome; there should be a native picture viewer and thumbnails to make the pictures sortable and easily viewable.