Raken Reviews

Raken

Reporting & field management app for construction

4.67/5 (168 reviews)

Pros
  • Our company loves this app its been great for the field guys and the fact it tracks hours is a plus. Customer service is great.michael f.Read the full review
  • Our owners love the effective communication that the daily report offers. I personally love how easy it is for our team to use.Josiah H.Read the full review
  • I was very pleased with the ease of use of this software and the time it saved us all.Josue F.Read the full review
Cons
  • That it does not work offline. We were told that is now capable of offline but it still doesn't work, unless my guys are doing something wrong.Chris M.Read the full review
  • We currently use a all in one project management software that has this option included so we have no use for a stand alone.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I do have a suggestion if you could make the workers to where if you made a mistake while inputting their information (name) to be able to edit instead of having to delete & redo.Joe M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Aneisha LeMonier

Do we love Raken? Yes, let me count the ways!

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Just amazing! It doesn't matter if it is billing, recommendations, walking a non-tech employee through logging on, assisting on feature access or training, this company is by far one of the best in customer service and the level of power for field reporting is superior to anything we have had in the past!

Pros
1. Cloud based (no expensive servers, no storage limits) 2. Extremely easy to use 3. Allows Foremen/Superintendents to have very detailed field reports 4. Can share photos, recordings, weather, and reports with a link vs. large emails 5. Can track jobs by crews, employee, and cost codes 6. Easily document weather delays 7. Voice recording allows for a LOT of flexibility and complete detail 8. Phone, ipad, tablets or desktop are part of the accessibility with just a logon 9. All this at an affordable price 10. If you need to go to mediation and/or court, this is quite the electronic storage 11. Allows for employee to sign the time/work performed and no accidents 12. Easily modify your daily field report for different jobs.

Cons
1. We started when it first launched and it didn't have all the features but they were listening and added new things constantly 2. Would like to see more gps functions later for time card validating

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your time writing this review and feedback, Aneisha! This is very exciting to hear. We have built Raken based on customer feedback and will continue to do so. Thank you!

Tim Boot

Best Software for Daily Reports

Reviewed 2019-12-30

We have been able to easily track many daily reports of our projects using Raken. Being able to have them all in one location is nice. Also, sending out daily reports to other people that need to see them is a great feature.

Pros
Using Raken for the past 3+ years, I have seen the software develop and continue to expand. Raken strives to be on the leading edge for keeping track of day to day activities on a construction site. Using the app on my phone or tablet has been very helpful in keeping track of jobsite Daily Reports. Being able to attach pictures to the report is great.

Cons
There has not been any issues or problems with the software that has stood out to me. Only thing I've had trouble with in the past has been pictures uploading sideways. This was corrected with an update to the app.

Response from RAKEN

Hey Tim, thank you for the review and feedback!

Gabrielle Huepenbecker

Professional Daily Reporting App

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-21

Effective and efficient way to keep track of data and information for construction and contracting companies. This software supports the growing interest in using new technology in the workplace, especially in construction.

Pros
Very basic and simple way to keep track of daily reports, time cards, and daily tasks while out on the job site. The app can be used on Apple or Android devices. Weekly and monthly summaries are automatically sent to your email from the app, which is very convenient and cuts time of actually having to enter data manually onto spread sheets. Updates through pictures and videos of projects and job sites from anyone is another great feature of the software. Time cards are automatically updated and can be edited as needed by the company or by the employee without the hassle of having to log into HR.

Cons
The app is meant to make daily tasks easier to keep track of, but that doesn't mean that it will keep track of everything and won't have software issues along the way. Depending on the amount of system update tracking, older devices, especially smartphones, may not be supported at all or for very long. That is important to look into when looking for a safe and efficient app that deals with information that is vital to your company. There also is not a backup guarantee if something with the system crashes so always have another way of tracking your data!

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the review, Gabrielle! Glad to hear Raken is working out well for you. We have the ability to customize survey questions, which will help you keep track of your information, but if there¿s anything more specific you¿d like to see, please let us know! We¿re constantly working on developing new tools that will help improve you with your daily tasks, so feel free to reach out by email to help@rakenapp.com. Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Joe Morton

Super Easy & Effective

Reviewed 2019-03-13

Has been great. Customer support is excellent. They check in to make sure everything is OK frequent on the beginning while you are learning. After that they still occasionally check in & if you message them on the RAKEN site they are quick to respond.

Pros
The ease of tracking what is going on with my jobs & being able to hold others accountable by having record of the quality of work we are doing. We polish concrete so in the past without this program we would polish a floor & other trades would come in & abrade the floor with the grit & grime brought in & not cleaned up because the parking lots are rarely finished until the end. When the job was ready to turn over to the customer of course the shine was not as good & we would get the blame for not polishing well originally. Now we have documented readings of our shine & no issues. The GC's really like this as well as I email to them daily to show our progress & things we need them to do to operate.

Cons
I have no complaints. I do have a suggestion if you could make the workers to where if you made a mistake while inputting their information (name) to be able to edit instead of having to delete & redo. Not a big deal if that is not east to do.

Response from RAKEN

Hey Joe, thank you for the great feedback and review, we love hearing stories of how Raken helps our customers protect their work and communicate easily and effectively. As for editing worker information, we would love to assist in answering this request for you. Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or give us a call at 866-438-0646. Thanks Joe!

Chris Htt

Shaves 30-45 minutes off of our previous reporting system

Reviewed 2019-09-30

I use this application every work day that I have a project ongoing, love it...

Pros
This is a very easy to use application, the interaction with my phone makes life a lot easier and frees me up to focus on my job...

Cons
Not much to not like, I would like it if I was able to keep information to roll over (or copy to) the next days report, to save redundancy...

Response from RAKEN

Hey Chris! Thank you for the review! In Raken you do have the ability to rollover information. If you need any help figuring it out, email us at help@rakenapp.com or call us directly at 866-438-0646 and we'll be happy to show you how!

John A. Bergersen

Simple and Comprehensive Field Productivity App

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Our superintendents dreading writing out laborious daily reports. RAKEN makes field reporting far more efficient and allows our guys to spend more time doing what they need to do, to supervise and manage the work in the field.

Pros
It's easy for our supers to keep track of their daily field reports, click of a button, on their iPads. Couldn't be easier. The ability to view the reports in the office on our desktop is key. The email notifications are great.

Cons
none, it accomplishes all that we need it to do.

Response from RAKEN

Hey John, thank you for the awesome feedback! We are glad it works so well for your superintendents. If you ever have questions or are in need of assistance with Raken, please contact us at any time at 866-438-0646 or email us at help@rakenapp.com.

Robb Riley

Superintendent

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Excellent

Pros
Very user friendly. Great support network . Been using Raken for over four years . Wish I could my new firm to use it

Cons
Hoping they will do a software for QC and punch

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your feedback, Robb! As I¿m sure you¿ve noticed over the past few years, we¿re constantly building new tools to help you with your job. I¿ll let our team know you¿re looking for tools to assist with QC and punch lists. Thanks again!

Adrienne Dufina

Easy to use, awesome platform for reporting.

Reviewed 2019-01-30

I've been really happy with them. Customer service is great every single time I contact them with a question or suggestion.

Pros
Easy to navigate, love the amount of features available. Everything we need relating to jobsite tracking is contained in here!

Cons
I wish they had a build-out of subcontractor companies.. there are only timecards for individual workers right now.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your feedback, Dufina! Glad to hear that it¿s helping you track your jobs. We¿d love to get more information about what you¿re looking for in regards to the build out of subs as well as the time cards. Please email us at hello@rakenapp.com so we can discuss what you¿re looking for and share it with our Product team. Thanks again!

Jose Luis Encarnacion

Great Peoject Management tool

Reviewed 2019-01-10

I been used it for the past three years and is a great tool to gather, record, and keep the projects information

Pros
Easy to use, you can operated from anywhere

Cons
Adding an scheduling tools will be very helpful.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the feedback, Jose! We will pass that on to our product team. Stay tuned for new Raken features and big updates this year!

Daniel Hoefler

Construction Superintendent Review

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I use RAKEN Daily Reporting as a Industrial Construction Superintendent. I enjoy using this for jobsite daily reports because i can fill it all out on my mobile device.

Pros
I can easily upload time-stamped photos.

Cons
There is not export capability to Excel.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the review, Daniel! We have a couple of reports which allow you to export data into Excel. The Manpower Report contains all the work logs entered on your daily reports for all your projects, including hours and descriptions. Also, we have recently released a Time Card functionality which includes a Time Card and Cost Code report which are both exportable in Excel format. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you have any questions!

Anonymous

Construction is Hard, But Daily Reporting Does Not Have to Be

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Raken was the solution to our Daily Report Delema. Years of filing paper dailys left us with mountains of papers to file, lack of information, and inconsistent reporting. On the surface this is OK until something happens down the road that you need to look back. Sometimes a job that is over 5 years old needs to get dusted off and dredged out from the bowels of the filing cabinet. Raken solves that with its easy to use interface, cloud storage, and impressive looking reports. What sold us the most on the product was its ability to incorporate photos into our reports. It is well worth the upgrade in the account. Since our companies owner is not around all the time it allows him to log in at the beginning of each day and quickly get a visual feel for how each of our jobs are going. And we all know that a picture is worth a thousand words. This is paramount when an issue arises; photographic proof is money- be it going into your pocket, keeping it from coming out of your pocket, or in the monetary value of time. Although I would not say that Raken takes our employees less time in the field than our traditional reports (as their product promises) it does provide us with consistent reports that are easy for us to send to clients when needed, asses for subcontractor billing and most importantly: They guys USE it. Nothing is harder than getting your construction crew to follow a clerical procedure. Raken solves that with its easy to use mobile interface.

Pros
It is a software my guys in the field will and do use. It is simple as that.

Cons
Although constant updates are good, Raken does change their online site up relatively frequently as they roll out newer and better options for the product. Although the end result is good, for those who do not adapt to change in the technology world, or are not tech savvy it can be a bit frustrating.

Response from RAKEN

Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate this information as it helps with further development of Raken. If you need any assistance with using Raken in the most efficient way possible, please feel free to reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or give us a call at 866-438-0646. We would be happy to help. Thank you!

Jason Mead

The Barton Malow Review

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I can hold people accountable for there actions of projected dates vs delivered dates. I can log deliveries as well as the inventory sheets of these deliveries.

Pros
I like that I can update from my Ipad and it will generate to my desk top and phone in real time. I also like that you can customize the review questions/inspection questions. I also like that I can email the uploaded and signed report to anyone I need to.

Cons
I would like to see my subs reports prior to having to sign the report as it generates the signed report. I would also like to have an option to upload videos as well. I would like to be able to search the reports making it easier to look up documentation as we move through the project., Sometimes we are required to supply dates and times of activities and or documented issues. It makes it a long investigation period when searching an issues or log that was done 8months in the past. Maybe there can be a key word search added and or task, unless there already is one that I dont know about.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your review and feedback, Jason! Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com, we will be happy to assist you with the observations you¿ve described. Thank you!

Susan Wilston

Raken for construction reporting.

Reviewed 2017-03-24

We are steel erectors running 3 crews. We were going crazy trying to keep up with who was where doing what. None of our Forman are good with paper processing. We introduced them to Raken and we get more detail on a daily basis that we ever thought possible. They love it....what was burdensome communication is now bragging rights....the Forman take pride in their work and out-do each other with amazing photos of work completion and level of daily accomplishment. We are no longer chasing down fuel and charge card receipts as they just snap a picture of it, include it in the daily activity report and throw the paper away. No more Monday morning crisis calls from the office trying to sort payroll, either. We close everyday knowing how many hours each employee worked on each job. Payroll and cost accounting can now be processed daily and by Monday morning, payroll is all ready to go with the push of a button. The Daily Reports are also very professional in appearance. We are often treated like small potatoes by large General Contractors and now, with our Daily Reports, we no longer have long negotiation sessions over Change Order requests because our work is accurately and professionally documented along with photographs. Thanks, Raken. We are fans.

Pros
simplicity, affordability

Cons
limited search ability from the app.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the review Susan! Glad we could make your daily reporting process much simpler.

Ammar Al-Towaiji, BASc, E.I.T

Don't waste more time on daily reports and stay organized!

Reviewed 2019-03-13

Pros
1) Its both on the mobile and desktop 2) I added all work logs so that I am always reminded of what things I have to look into 3) It has a task list 4) Can easily navigate between days / work logs 5) You can add pictures directly to any work log 6) It reminds you if you missed a daily report and you can specify which days you work 7) When you have repetitive work logs every day, you can use the roll over button and it'll automatically copy your previous day's report into today, without the pictures! 8) There's a note section where you can add general site notes, safety notes and so on 9) There are 6 survey questions that helps you stay on track every day and remind you of stuff 10) You can add more members and you can all contribute 11) It automatically adds today's weather to the report and so much more! it helps you stay organized and is very user friendly.

Cons
1) I can not export all pictures or reports at once if i'm on the lowest plan 2) when you add a work log, its added to all future days ahead and will always show in the report even if it was empty and not added, this should change and raken should hide empty work logs from the report 3) work logs updates sometimes in a weird way and say you started with 10 work logs every day and if you delete some of the logs to not show in the report empty, raken will eventually update and delete that log from the upcoming days

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for all the great feedback, Ammar! We really appreciate it! Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com so we can help you with the work log rollover feature. We can turn it off so you can start fresh each day if that¿s preferable. Either way, it would be great to collect further feedback from you. Thank you!

Brian Wilber

Great keeper of information with Cloud based back up.

Reviewed 2018-10-19

The Raken has been a positive addition to our field. It has replaced the old school hard bound book used for daily reports. It has allowed us the ability to diversify the documents we upload, including daily equipment inspections and other paperwork that comes in every day. The additional benefit of uploading photos or project progress and potential issues on site have been a bonus to the project management team in that they can see details if issues without having to go to the field to see them.

Pros
It has been fairly easy for our field end users to operate. By self admittance, we are not the most tech savvy group, but it has proven to be easy to maneuver around and upload documents we find to be important to us.

Cons
Not necessarily a con, but more of a financial decision. We should have upgraded to the next level to really take advantage of the customization. That was our choice and we are working through whether we make the jump to the next level.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the review, Brian! It's great to hear that Raken is easy to use, especially for a non tech-savvy group, and that you find lots of importance in the app. We appreciate the feedback! Feel free to call our fantastic customer success team at 866-438-0646. They will be happy to help with any questions you may have regarding packages and capabilities.

Eduardo Martin

Raken reports

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Good and fast pace. I like baing able to mix computer and app updating depending on needs.

Pros
I can track delays easily with pictures going back to dates.

Cons
I would like to be able to see a list of one particular section of the survey throughout the whole project instead of looking day by day I.E. - (Oct23) Survey: Any delays today? Yes, rebar was not done on West wall... (Oct 14)Survey: Any delays today? Yes, rebar was not done on North wal... Etc.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for reaching out to us, Eduardo! We have a feature very similar to what you described. If you log on to our web app at app.rakenapp.com, you will be defaulted to our dashboard. From there, click on the search bar at the top. If you're looking for all delays that occurred during the life of a project, select the category 'delays' and the project name. The search results should appear chronologically. Alternatively, you can also use the 'Insights' tab under the 'Delays' graph. You can specify a time frame and a project to see a graph with all delays over time. Clicking on each bar of the graph lets you see each delay in detail. One more option to consider is running a Weekly/Monthly Summary Report. It will include the daily breakdown of delays. Let us know how we can help at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Robert Schuck

The very best daily reports!

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Due to the ease of use of this product, the entire team that now does Daily Reports does them quickly and easily and most important they do them DAILY because of this great product.

Pros
Started out with the free trail version on a single construction project, and after seeing how well it worked and how easy it is, we are implementing this program on several additional teams to get buy-in from more company members. It is extremely easy and QUICK to fill-out valuable daily information. I love the ability to quickly snap pictures right within the app and the final report timestamps the photos and formats them beautifully in the end product for distribution. Implementation of your company-specific logo is a great touch and it is very professional looking.

Cons
I wish we could add some fields / customize them a bit (for example, adding an Overtime and Double Time section to the hours). Also it would be great if we could search from within the iOS app - not just for days but also for content within reports in case we need to go back and look things up.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks Robert! Glad to see we're helping you out at Bayley. We're releasing some updates soon to address your concerns with time cards customization. Let us know if you have any other feedback!

John Bamburg

Raken Haves and Have nots

Reviewed 2019-03-13

Raken is good. But far from the best. It is expensive for what little it does. I think for what it offers. Others will soon come along and find it essy to do more for far less

Pros
Raken is for all intents and purposes a great software for daily reports. Weather is right there. Days can be pulled up and out when needed

Cons
There are many things that other software does, within their daily reporting capabilities that Raken simply doesn't. issue tracking and reporting is much better with other software. And the ability to customize the daily reports on a per job basis is better with other software

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your great feedback! We'd love to schedule time to go over Raken with you. Although we start out as a simple easy to use daily reporting app, there¿s a lot more that our software offers, including subcontractor collaboration, photo management, Time Cards, Summary Reports, Executive Dashboard, budgeting of hours, and more. We want to make sure that you get the most out of our solution so please email us at help@rakenapp.com to schedule a free (as always) training session with one of our team members. Thank you!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

nichole lake

Love Raken - Highly recommend

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Tracking and receiving daily reports is made possible. Without Raken it would be a paperwork nightmare for everyone.

Pros
The support is the best support out of all the software packages we use. The developers respond quickly to bigger issues and most importantly the software is incredibly intuitive and well designed. All spectrum of technical skills in our company can use it with ease.

Cons
I wish they had more functionalities that we could use. We really only use the Daily reporting function. I would love to be able to download everything into an excel file.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your feedback, Nichole! We have an Excel report called Manpower Summary which includes every work log ever entered into a daily report including the hours, the name of the contractor, and the description of the work performed. Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com and we will give you a rundown of this feature. Thank you!

Kyle Urrutia

Complete construction management tool

Reviewed 2019-03-12

My company used a different field management app a few years ago and it did not have anywhere near the same capabilities as Raken. Raken is a straightforward way to track the progress of your project. Clients who receive the Raken report are also very impressed.

Pros
The software is user friendly, generates clean reports, and allows for all the information needed to keep an accurate and detailed reporting of the day's work.

Cons
The only con that I can think of is I know the Raken administrator for my company has dealt with a couple of glitches. I haven't had any issues though and think the app is great!

Response from RAKEN

This is great feedback. If anyone in your organization experiences glitches or issues within Raken, please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or call us at 866-438-0646. We will be happy to get it straightened out for you. Thank you for the review, Kyle!

Chris Kaczkowski

Great time saver

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Pros
The time it saves. Ease of use. Great to use with pictures.

Cons
Lack of OneDrive interface. Inability to turn off photo saving. Lack of Caching.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for reaching out to us! Please note that we have recently rolled out an integration piece with OneDrive that lets you pick files directly from OneDrive. Photos get automatically saved and organized on your device for you. Photos are autosaved because most customers like to have a backup of the photos added to their reports but we will be sure to communicate with Product that you¿d prefer them not to.

For more info in the OneDrive integration, check out this post: https://www.rakenapp.com/blog/announcing-new-raken-integration-with-onedrive

As for caching, please stay tuned. We¿re releasing a new version of the app next month which will allow for offline work. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you have any questions. Thank you!

Dianna Taylor

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-03-12

The crews can do their daily report on time, fast and accurately and can do job in progress photos and videos, step by step, enabling us to keep accurate records which are easily accessible to other team members and management.

Pros
Our field crews are experts in their roles, but not everyone is an expert with software and computer skills. Raken has made it so easy for our crews to be an expert using this program and are able to do their reports on their phones in the field every day and load photos of their work in progress.

Cons
Not everyone needs access to all the advanced features but to upgrade we need to pay per user, regardless if they use them or not.

Response from RAKEN

We love hearing how easy it is for your field crews to use Raken on a daily basis. Thank you for the review and feedback, Dianna!

Rachel Castro

Raken is easy to use

Reviewed 2019-03-12

We are a large construction company with many Foremen and Superintendents, and this software has made it very easy for everyone to complete their dailies. We have one Superintendent who handwrites his daily report, and he just takes a picture of that and submits it. I have needed to call customer service several times, and Raken has probably the best customer service I have ever encountered.

Pros
It is really easy to do dailies. We like the ability to be able to submit pictures with the daily reports.

Cons
This software runs much better on mobile and tablet devices as an app than it does on a desktop computer. On the desktop, we frequently got error messages saying an internal error has occurred. This never happened once on mobiles.

Response from RAKEN

Glad to hear Raken is working out well for you, Rachel! We¿re constantly working on developing new tools that will help improve you with your daily tasks, so feel free to reach out by email to help@rakenapp.com. It would be great to address the web issues you¿ve encountered. Thanks!

Isauro Gomez, MBA

Raken Review

Reviewed 2019-01-10

We have been using the Raken app now for almost 8 months. We have found that this greatly cuts on paper waste, and improves response time by having uploads available in real time.

Pros
We are a commercial wood framing company. The best feature of this app is the ease of use for all of our foremen. The speak-to-text works great, and uploading pictures are simple. This gives us plenty of real-tie information.

Cons
Once you have multiple projects going, sometimes it is difficult to find a specific log that mentions a key item you are looking for from a month or two ago. A keyword search feature to sort through the daily logs would be nice.

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for the feedback, Isauro! Really glad to hear that Raken has been working out well. In regards to the keyword search, you can actually use the 'Dashboard' tool from the app to search through all your old reports. Once in the 'Dashboard', there's a search icon in the top right, feel free to contact our support if you need any help@rakenapp.com if you need assistance. Thanks again!

skip smith

Construction Technology Trends 2018

Reviewed 2018-10-26

I have not been using it that log and am just getting started on a new project, so not that many subs are on board. I think it is adequate but could have a few more features where you can customize tabs. It doesn't seem like it is not that easy to filter and search topics (but i'm not completely familiar with all features).

Pros
Raken is fairly simple to use. Its feature are not complex or convoluted, and it covers enough to reflect accurate daley activities. I use the software mostly through my phone, but you have the option to do it from a PC.

Cons
Depending on network coverage using from your phone can be negative. When you go into the photo app you can't see the dates photos were taking making it difficult to select correct date range. If sub contractors are inputting info, it would be nice if it showed within specific area (subs work log) real time, so that it can be integrated within licensed users Log (not separate)

Response from RAKEN

Thanks for your feedback, Skip! Please stay tuned as we're about to release an app version which supports offline. We will be sure to discuss your feedback regarding subcontractor data inputs with our Product team. For the meantime, feel free to use the 'Dashboard' functionality from either the mobile or web app. It includes a newsfeed of activities from inputs from the field - GC and subcontractor alike. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you need assistance. Thank you!