Roof Chief Logo

Roof Chief

Cloud-based CRM tool for businesses in the roofing industry

Roof Chief Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.17/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Love the product and customer service is great. I like that the company has taken the initiative and made changes in areas that needed to be addressed and continue to look at where they can improve.
Overall roof chief is a fantastic program for roofers. It helps keep everything so organized.
We like everything from customer database to sending professional looking estimates, to online contract approval to ordering material and invoicing and closing out each job.
Unfortunately in our area, there are many spots where we do not have internet connection, so on site use does not work, but that is a real minor complaint.
I would venture to say that most engineers do not even know why a box is there, and it does something because a customer a few years ago needed it and has no idea why.

HP

Herb P.

Game Changer!

Pros

The entire program is very user friendly. If you have any computer skills at all, you can be trained in a matter of less than a day. I self-taught and it was simple enough that I could fumble through and figure it out with very minimal effort.

Cons

The only functions that I fell needs improvement is it only integrates with QuickBooks Mobile and needs to with all types of the QB Formats or at least contractor editions. Also there needs to be a search box on main page for any inquiries and it should auto save any changes to documents without having to remember this function and loose data. It would be nice to have someone available for customer service on East Coast time.

IM

Ian M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

RoofChief review from an estimator's point of view.

I have to point out that we were very busy when I started using RC. I had very little training and I didn't have a lot of time to spend reading a manual. I became very frustrated with it. There are too many options of contracts. There should be a standard estimate sheet. You select what you want to include. It may be roofing or siding, or eaves or a combination of things. In pricing I would like to...

Pros

I like the measurement section at the start that allows for the many variations in size, slope, waste allowance, etc. I like that those measurements are carried forward into the materials, and finally into pricing. To do that manually would be very time consuming.

Cons

We are a small company. For me as an estimator, there is too much detail. Until 2 years ago I worked for a company where the owner had factored in all the costs. I had a price per square for class 2, 3 and 4 shingles, added in a waste allowance depending on slope, and the estimate was done. I didn't have to adjust my estimate for how much drip edge, ice and water, valleys, although I did have to track...

CP

Cynthia P.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Its for smaller companies in my opinion

Not great, definitely not looking to keep it

Pros

I like how its integrated with google. not many positive things I'm afraid I do like how you can attach pictures

Cons

Slow loading We have too many records for it to handle it doesn't save sometimes not dependable creates duplicates without indicating it is a duplicate Hard to get help when there is a problem. Customer service definitely needs work the reporting sucks and isn't reliable

JC

Joshua C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

That's all I have to say about that

The company has been very responsive to my emails and phone calls. I feel that they try to fix or address any concerns that I have. They are trying to keep up as well as innovate in the industry. I am proud to say that I use RC in my company.

Pros

I like that what it provides you or reports to you, is as simple of a display of information can be. Every screen is not loaded with all the crazy "clickbait links" within a system. Your menu is across the top, the submenus just under that. The system flows pretty smooth front to back.

Cons

The one thing that I have learned from talking to all the different companies looking at the how they do it and what they can provide, I have noticed none of them provide you with written instructions. I understand that this system is customizable and can do do way more than what is was intended for, however, they way is was designed and how all the components come together is never explained anywhere,...

JB

Jody B.

Review - Jody Banda

Really good, I am happy with the program and although it can't do everything we need it to do, it does most things well.

Pros

When we requested that Roof Chief be customized for our application the designers of Roof Chief accommitdated us with the changes we needed. We really appreciated that.

Cons

Once a contract is created the pricing is fixed. There is not an easy way to edit the pricing without doing it manually or creating a new contract. The program is more usefull (intuitive) with roofing than it is with exteriors.

SC

Sydney C.

Roof Chief Review

Overall roof chief is a fantastic program for roofers. It helps keep everything so organized!

Pros

I like that you can upload attatchments under a contact, it keeps you from having to have so much saved on your desktop and keeps things organized. It also has had many improvements over the last few months that allow much more organization as well as ability for more people to receive updates/

Cons

The thing I like least is that in order to edit a recurring event you have to edit the master event not on the recurring event on a specific day. event.

KR

Ken R.

We Love Roof Chief

Pros

Cons

When Roof Chief is used for just roofing it is almost perfect, but when you use it for entire insurance claims that include metals, windows, siding, it becomes slightly less convenient.

DL

David L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Roof Chief Review

Pros

This software has allow our multi-city company to consolidate our leads and customer, create and maintain professional estimate, order materials, and track our sales and profitability. I really appreciate the product and support. We made a wise choice going with Roof Chief

Cons

There are still some features that I would like to see implemented.

BR

Brett R.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Easy to learn and to use

Pros

We had some great training as we started using Roof Chief, and we to took it really quick. But I think even without training, we could have picked up in it.

AW

Amanda W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Pros

I like how easy it is to link everything together from the appointment to ordering material

Cons

I wish you could send email reminders about appointments and project management

EE

Erin E.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Overall a great way to manage construction projects

Overall, very good

Pros

Very easy to use and not cumbersome. I like that I can see what materials to order per job.

Cons

2 things - 1) It would be great if RC integrated with QuickBooks 2) It would be great if there was an app

Hi Erin! Great news as we do integrate with QuickBooks. Please send us a message to help@roofchief.com and we'll be happy to walk you through the process.

RD

Ryan D.

Great Product

Pros

Roof Chief is tailor made for roofing companies as opposed to most other CRM systems that try to be a 'one size fits all' solution.

Cons

The software lacks some integration features