All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Commence Reviews

Pros

The flexibility to tailor things yourself is well above competitive products. The reliability of the product is outstanding and customer support has been very good, friendly knowledgeable staff.

Steve M.

Read the full review
This was very important to use as we did not want to hear that we have to spend a lot more money to tailor the system. They have provided excellent support with a knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Mike Pieretti

Read the full review
You can change the look and feel to what works for you. The Agents creation function (which is like a Macro function is quite strong and powerful, and so is the filtering and sorting capabilities.

Ozair E.

Read the full review

Cons

Inability to store files (docs, PDFs, etc) directly within the database. Lack of formatting options (highlighting, bullets) in text fields.

Randy R.

Read the full review
We have automated numerous departments and also SMB's with Commence and have yet to find a problem it will not bring a proper solution.

Hans W.

Read the full review
We have had employee complaints about redundancy and not as user friendly to navigate through.

Jenny R.

4.8

Recently I upgraded my Jurassic age version of Commence (standalone version) to RM 6.1

I use Commence for calendaring, contact management, task management and timekeeping. When it comes to personal and professional information management, I essentially "live" in Commence. I cannot imagine working life without it.

Pros

The upgrade process was efficient, professionally handled and seamless. Commence is extremely customizable. On startup, it loads almost instantly. I have a very small firm, and I use it constantly for calendaring, contact management, task managment and timekeeping. I've used Commence since the early 2000's, and Commence Corp. has consistently supported and improved its products.

Cons

I rated it tops in Ease of Use, although for a solo user like me there is a learning curve. The User Manual is very good (occasionally a bit technical).

Very intuitive. Easy to mold to your specific needs. Powerful CRM for multiple needs

Multiple. It has become my primarty Database and CRM software. For a small business with multiple needs, at an extremely reasonable cost per year.

Pros

Commence user for 15 yrs. As a marketing consultant and service provider to multiple non-profit clients, Commence is the primary Database/CRM software I use for all my needs. I have created multiple Commence Databases for multiple applications on my own to suit my specific and particular needs. I have created Commence Applications for Client Management, Inventory management and GTD (Getting Things...

Cons

I would like Commence to address in their future version of non web based standalone Commence: 1. Allow creation of some sort of Simple Spreadsheet into the DB. Spreadsheet format is something that we are all fond of and comfortable with, and it would be a great boost to have that functionality built in. If this exists already, and I am not aware of it, please let me know? 2. While adding text...

Thank you for your recommendations. You'll be pleased to learn we have a grid view that provides a spreadsheet view right in the product. We have also received suggestions about allowing formatted text in notes and will consider this for the future.

online document storing

Pros

Easy searchable fields are super helpful in looking up accounts and clients. Other than not, not much else.

Cons

There does not seem to be duplicate check feature. Meaning before we can create an account, if we type in the name, it should check to make sure there is not one already created. We have to do it manually our selves.

Jenny, there is a duplicate feature in the product. It is an option that can quickly be turned on by the system administrator. You can do this under the license settings tab. This will flag any duplicates that people try to enter into the system and address the redundancy issue you mentioned. Furthermore we would be happy to provide additional training for those that may not be as familiar with the product. They can also take advantage of our free training videos on the Commence web site.

Product flexibility and customizability are 2nd to none.

Cost effective, configurable, maintainable CRM.

Pros

As a Manufacturers Representative, we have created an implementation of Commence on which we run almost all of our business operations (Opportunity Management, Sales History, Quotations, Forecasts, Tracking overseas, Leads, Target customer, as well as the usual CRM contact info). We developed this in-house from the ground up to meet our specific needs....and so can you! Why shoe horn your data needs...

Cons

While spreadsheets are the best tool to analyze data, CRMs were never designed to do that. But, the ability to compile reports with totals/summaries is a challenge to implement in Commence RM Desktop (lots of scripting required which we choose not to do due to maintainability concerns). Manually filtering data within Commence (and using the summary button for totals and averages) works great for the most rudimentary tasks, and exporting as tab-delimited TXT takes a few easy steps to get into Excel.

Thank you for your review of Commence. Buyers of CRM software often overlook the need for a flexible solution that can change along with their business. Thank you for bringing this to the attention to others. Whether you are using our cloud based version or our desktop solution, this flexibility coupled with robust functionality and best in class customers service differentiate Commence CRM from competitors.

Cornerstone business product - Since 1994

I never loose a contact - backup automation to the cloud I never loose a document - access to all documents generated since 1994 I can generate document and letters rapidly It integrates our data right across all platforms It integrates all business activities seamlessly.

Pros

Excellent and readily customizable GUI. Enormous flexibility and ability to use "agents" to undertake otherwise complex tasks - no coding required. Agents can integrate with everything from Google Earth to Skype and automate backups to the cloud. MS Office integration allows document generation from within the product, seamlessly merging address data and word templates. Integration with Outlook...

Cons

John, thank you for taking the time to articulate the merits of Commence CRM. We are happy that you are realizing so much value from the product and have taken the time to inform others of the unique capabilities we can bring to their business. We appreciate your support.

The most flexible of any CRM I've used ... and that has been several!

Overall... haven't found anything to compare to allow me to continuously (over 30 years) build relationships with people and business's. I could show you meetings I had with people back in 2001 if you wanted to. The support group have all been very helpful even for a small consulting company like my own.

Pros

I started using Commence in 1996 when the president of our hotel management company needed something to help him track more than 100 hotels, their brands, their owners, and their asset values. Since a hotel could change brands and owners throughout it's life cycle, the need for a many to many relationship capability was critical. Commence's architecture makes this effortless. The inherent flexibility is absolutely amazing. Still use it to this day to maintain relationships with thousands of business's in Outdoor Hospitality. Thank you!!

Cons

For what I use it for, I really don't have any negatives. Anytime I need to track a new area of our industry it is easy enough to add and link a new database and build a new relationship.

Jerome, thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience with Commence CRM Software. We are pleased that you have realized as much value from our product as you have. We look forward to working with you to ensure we address your future business requirements as well.

Excellant Value for the Investment!

We would not have stayed with Commence for so many years if they did not stand behind their product! Their support team are prompt, polite and willling to help, always! MPS tracks just about everything in our Products and Services business with Commence and we are looking to add new capabilites soon, as well!

Pros

Commence is by far the best and most flexible CRM I have used over the years. We have been a user of the desktop version of Commence since the mid-90's and still find it a relevant and speedy solution. (The search capability is SO FAST!) Being a bit of a techy type Commence allows me to customize where and when I need to in order to manage my company's unique data requirements. As we've grown over the years, so hasn't Commence with expanding features and easy solutions.

Cons

In the original product, the synchronization of the desktop database could sometimes hiccup, although with the web version, this is no longer a problem.

Commence - Powerful, Customizable and Reliable

Commence's capability, flexibility and support has made working with Commence a great experience for us.

Pros

Commence allows us to customize our critical CRM applications to automate our business processes for efficiency, ease of use and quality control. Also, the ability to deploy custom improvements to our system as needed seamlessly without user interruption is a key feature.

Cons

Commence offers good balance of features and capability that we rely on to grow our business. It does take determined effort implement a customized solution (with Commence or any other application) but it is worth the investment and critical to our success.

The Sierra Superior Court finds the Commence time management tools invaluable.

Grant fund accounting, employee time management, court case management, drug court case management and superior historic record retrieval.

Pros

Customization, unlimited data management and excellent customer support. After years of modification of business practices in the California court system, the Commence product has allowed up to keep up with a changing court culture and legislation.

Cons

A bit difficult to learn, but well worth the effort. Changing templates after updates to the products has presented us with unique challenges which were overcome through customer support.

Lee, thank you for discussing the extensive value you have realized with Commence CRM over the years. We are pleased that the products flexibility has enabled you to continue to enhance it to address your changing business requirements. This is clearly the strength of Commence. We look forward to continue to work with you in the years ahead.

Great Software

We looked at many CRM programs and we felt that Commence gave us the best bang for the buck for what we needed it to go. Happy with what the program allows us to do and the reports it allows us to create.

Pros

The customer service that we receive is tremendous. When we started using the program, we did not go through any formal training so we have questions on a regular basis. The service we get is courteous, prompt and always helpful. Especially when we have Flo helping us, she always helps to simply, explain and resolve the issue.

Cons

If you do not pay for training, you can only get support online. You do not have the ability to speak with someone.

Very happy with software and support; tremendous value!

Pros

(1) Tremendous value (2) Really, really flexible, and builtin design tools have allowed us to easily enhance the app to meet our (very unique) needs. (3) Easy to use, with excellent performance.

Cons

(1) Inability to store files (docs, PDFs, etc) directly within the database (2) Lack of formatting options (highlighting, bullets) in text fields (3) Search capability is limited; must understand (and build) complex Boolean queries to perform advanced searches instead of use of form-driven approach

Thank you for your review of our desktop edition. Our cloud edition does offer document storage, formatting options and more filtered search by individual application, i.e. account or leads or sales for example. Perhaps you would consider a migration to this version of the product.

I've been a Commence user for over 20 years. No other software has matched it's usefulness.

I can access so much custom data. The software is quick, customizable, and efficient. Cost per user if very affordable. It's not a huge risk to dive in and get something going.

Pros

Ease of use and speed. It's simple yet effective. It's not overdesigned. You do not have to click multiple times to get to the information you need. Customization is a breeze. The overall speed of the system is great. Basically no lag time.

Cons

I can't really come up with anything of substance but a better custom report write would be a benefit.

Thank you for your review of Commence CRM. You will be happy to know that while the product does have a very capable report writer we have just released an updated version that produces graphical reports as well.

Flexible, Affordable CRM with Outstanding Customer Support

Our business was using an excel spreadsheet to manage our customers and projects and it just was not maintainable. We selected Commence CRM because of how easy it was to use and how full functioned it was. We also use it for project management and its all integrated enabling the users to see a 360 degree views of all account, contact and project management information. As indicated our experience has been very good with the product and the company.

Pros

Cons

Nothing to report here - very satisfied with the product and the company.

Review for Commence

Customer support is terrific! They are able to fix any glitch the software may have, immediately. Chrissy Anello is so wonderful to work with!!

Pros

Able to keep track of everything

Cons

Having to continuously save each box before closing on the particular subject. Sometimes we forget to save and have to go back and redo it again.

Melinda, thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer support in the industry and thank you for your willingness to inform other potential Commence customers of this. We are also pleased that the product has helped your company to capture, track, manage and share information and improve communication and business performance.

Commence Review

The software is fairly user-friendly. The software for tracking is good for tracking communication with customers and reporting.

Pros

The scheduling feature and the reports.

Cons

It does not automatically calculate the entire contract amount - multiplying the term by the rate.

Thank you for your review of Commence CRM. We are pleased that your company continues to realize value from the software.

A Custom, User Friendly, CRM Solution Set

Allowed for users off all skill levels to engage with the product! This is essential for a medium sized business today.

Pros

Robust functionality, room for growth at the same time Commence is flexible enough to addresses the unique requirements of our business. The level and quality of the on boarding service that Commence provided is top shelf. The ease of this transition had afforded us a rapid return on our investment. Features like this are the differentiation between Commence and those that simply download and walk away.

Cons

To this point we can truly say that we have not found fault with Commences platform. While "glitches" in any system are unavoidable, I Know Commence will be right there either on the phone or over email.

Best Sales Management Software

Systems Support Solutions located in Minneapolis, Minnesota claims to have saved as much as $300,000 dollars a year by automating their internal sales processes. “We opened our doors in 2001,” says Peter Schoon, CEO of the company, “and wanted to find a software product that would become the core of everything we did in sales from initial prospecting and logging of information to producing quotes,...

Ideal for workflow management

We have been using Commence RM for over 20 years. It has been the core to our business and allows us to function with optimised efficiency without high staffing overheads. We have found that the secret is to have good workflow processes mapped out and then we just made Commence follow these. No compromises were necessary which was a huge relief. Unlike many other apps, which over the years we have looked at because other companies claim to be better, Commence has allowed us to quickly change our system quickly and with minimal cost as our business needs have changed. Many of our team work away from the office and again this is where Commence has proved its worth. We can still fully function even when we are in areas with no internet.

Cons

Nigel, thank you for your testimonial of Commence CRM. You have certainly taken advantage of the flexibility of our product and we are happy that it has not only met but exceeded your business requirements.

CRM Delivers Immediate ROI

We sell an amazing product to large educational institutions. The sales cycle can be quite long which requires us to capture and store a significant amount of data such as, notes and history, activities, documents and e-mail correspondence. We had been using multiple systems to manage our business and were simply fumbling every time we needed a complete historical profile of customer information. In addition it was almost impossible to maintain. Commence CRM has been invaluable to us. We now have one consolidated system for managing our customer relationships and since everything is stored in the cloud we have access to the most up-to-date information anytime and anywhere. We are pleased with the product and Commence customer service has been excellent.

Pros

Feature rich product Easy to use Rapid return on investment Very good customer support

Cons

None

Tech Support

Pros

I have to say thank you to Commence Tech Support. They resolved all my problems and even went the extra mile to show me different uses of the software. Working with the representative was a pleasure, she was fantabulous .

Cons

I was never trained on the software, so I can not slam it. I have set up future training which will surely make me more productive.

Being a small business , value for money, ease of use and modular expansion were our key criteria!

We are a small business with a small team of 10 odd sales folks, and we needed a compact , easy to use, modular and get-started-quick web based software with minimum cost. I must say Commence fit the bill perfect! Especially being in India, where cost is very critical and people tend to use free software . As an SMB owner with a changing staff, ease of use , easy learning and lots of support material was important. Even though we are small, Larry and his team ensured that we got the right support. We have started with Commence Sales CRM now and we will surely expand to other modules. Guys, free software is good, but Commence is better, especially if you want to preserve your hard investments for the future. Go for it !

Amazing CRM Support Staff

Our firm was seeking a CRM solution that enabled us to capture, track and share information within the organization without using multiple systems. Of key importance was the ability to integrate e-mail with accounts and contacts and generate custom reports. What we liked about Commence CRM was how robust and customizable it was as compared to similarly priced products. Commence is a powerful tool that integrates marketing, sales and lead management seamlessly. Commence support has been amazing with a friendly knowledgeable staff eager to help. I recommend them highly.

Pros

Full featured easy to use product Great service staff Better value then the competition

Cons

None

Powerful tools, Top level support....

I've used many of the most popular CRM SaaS products on the market. Commence OnDemand CRM works best for us because you can keep things simple, or go as deep as you need to with regard to day-to-day operations, sales tracking/projections and contact management. Like many SaaS products, the features and tools in Commence software work they way you would expect them to. The difference with Commence is their support. With one call or email you're in direct contact with people who can handle any level of support, from application questions, to custom reports, and they are quick and polite about too ! This is what world class support is all about !

Excellent Product and Service - using for over a decade

This product and company deserves more recognition then it gets. The product is rock solid and offers a level of flexibility simply not offered by competitive products at their price points. A full suite of applications rival enterprise solutions costing much more and the service has been excellent. You call you get help from a friendly knowledgeable staff. In addition the product always gets updated each year which means Commence Corporation is continually investing in it products and services. We looked at programs like Salesforce.com, but for our needs and for our money we would take Commence CRM any day.

Great CRm for Mid-Market Companies

Commence is hands down the very best CRM solution on the market for small-to-medium sized businesses. When I researched for a CRM solution for our company, I could barely get people to give me the time of day and their rates were not competitive with my budget needs; Commence had a live person (the sales person that ultimately provided me with my quote) who answered the phone the first time I called. After they got our business, things only got better. I send an email or make a phone call, I get an answer and I get help. My relationship with Commence is what I wish I had with all my vendors. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.