MemberPlanet Logo

MemberPlanet Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

See full reviews by rating

It is a great technical tool that reaches all areas of knowledge. The customer care team were a huge help and they reach out to individuals.
He is always available, always helpful and very supportive. We are very happy with the company and the convenience of having all of our communications and finances handled through one entity.
If you're looking for a platform that is user friendly, as well as effective, Member Planet is perfect. You can also try it for free.
The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet.
More links than might be used. Sometimes it can be confusing when there are a lot of options.
The only issue I have is uploading photos. The software doesn't upload all photos and error messages are given.
How would you rate MemberPlanet?

Amazing All-In-One Service

We recently decided to start using the MemberPlanet service for RotarAct Long Beach to try and simplify the many functions of our organization. We were mainly looking for a service that could easy be learned during chapter transitions and allow for consistent records. On top of these requirements, we also wanted a service that could streamline our communications, enable online fundraising/donations, simplify events and take mobile payments via credit card. I can happily say, that MemberPlanet exceeds all of ours needs as an organization and has provided amazing customer service for all of our needs. In short, we are extremely satisfied with the level of customer service MemberPlanet provides and the quality of the MemberPlanet system. Highly recommended!

Cons

Member Plant is a great software membership platform

Easy to add or delete people. Added membership categories allows us to keep Financial, Un financial and Interested people in one platform. Can track dues through the software as well.

Pros

The membership categories, ability to collect profile information on each member. Newsletter like emails.

Cons

Small learning curve for some features. We called and had their team walk us through it with no problem.

This is a great software for non profit organizations. Loved all the features!

Pros: task and role assignments; great costumer service; when you add an event it creates a specific website; members can download member planet's app and check the group feed, events and photos from there; great to communicate with members through broadcast and email. Members already have assigned an ID and they can access their membership card from either the app or profile! You can have several administrators and can create surveys too. Cons: Website sometimes crashes and you have to get in multiple times until it works again; there is no video tutorial for member level; calendar view of events is not available; member database (and member profile) is a bit difficult to navigate and it takes to time to get used to it.

Positive Experience with MemberPlanet

I am a MemberPlanet fan! The Quickpay charge buttons, Payment Forms, Reporting, and Events/Evites/Ticketing are all great. I have yet to try Broadcasts, Surveys, and Discussions, but that shows just how many features are available. It would be great for the Email design wizard to have drag-and-drop blocks like other email programs, but since those are generally email-only programs, all of the other features MemberPlanet provides make it a worthwhile overall package. More importantly, I have received amazing service from the MP team. I always receive fast, personalized responses and even instructional videos when applicable. Rachael specifically has been a huge asset for our group. Thank you MemberPlanet!

Cons

pretty easy transition, responsive customer service for the most part

could immediately transfer data and use system, little to no down of off time

Pros

It has all the features we needed plus more that I hope to learn about and utilize in the future. It processes credit cards, it is easy for me change and edit myself

Cons

auto pay feature doesn't seem to be easy to shut off; complaints about the credit card information being stored.

Customer Service is what makes this company a win!

I started looking at MemberPlanet for an Alumni Association first due to its advertised features and its price. I ran into a problem figuring out how to integrate a portion of what they do onto our existing external website and a woman from the design team/customer service spent a significant amount of time fixing the problem for me. At the point that I received this help, we were only utilizing the free features of MemberPlanet. The phenomenal customer service didn't stop there. I was on the fence about using MemberPlanet for my organization, but after working with some of their team, I was 100% confident that MemberPlanet was the right choice and that I will have help and support if I need it going forward.

Love it so far!

I was able to quickly create a survey and a newsletter, even though I am new to both activities. I love the fact that the survey results can be exported to a spreadsheet, thus instantly creating my volunteer database. It is easy to go back and edit the survey even though it is already live, which I really appreciate. I figured out how to send a newsletter, but it did not let me send a plain email, which is odd. Also, the recipient list I made for the survey did not seem to be available for the email service. I'm gathering that maybe you can only send emails to members, whereas the surveys and newsletters can go out to anyone. Seems to me you could just as easily spam with a newsletter, if that were your intention.

Request #'s 20552 and 20558

I worked with Nichole Carrington via email on Tuesday 7/28, and this morning, 7/29, on the phone. Nichole was a pleasure to work with, and knew exactly how to fix the issues that I had. She quickly and easily set up a join.me window so I could see how she was making corrections. I am a visual learner, so that was perfect. I just started to use MemberPlanet since we had our Convention in Chicago last month. I feel more confident using MemberPlanet now, and will continue the learning with the links Nichole sent me - the Pi Beta Phi Success Site, and the View Who's Paid Dues site. It's amazing to work with something so specifically tailored to Pi Beta Phi. She's great, and I wanted to let you know!

Cons

Best online tool for group management'ever!

My high school class was looking for a great tool to be able to coordinate our reunion. After looking at several products we found MemberPlanet to have the most functionality all-in-one product! It did not disappoint'.in fact'exceeded all of our expectations. We were able to easily plan our big event, send regular updates, raise money, host a silent auction and collecting payments onsite. After the event we were able to get a quick feedback survey out and have everyone collaborate their photos together within MemberPlanet. Mobile App was a HUGE plus too! We love MemberPlanet so much that we decided to keep it going to keep our class up-to-date on the high school events and activities and future events.

Cons

MP ... Just amazing..highly recommend!

I found MemberPlanet to be very user friendly, efficient, creative and I love sending broadcast from the app. But what is even more important, MemberPlanet has made it easy to set up our alumni tailgate and golf events while providing tools to access information from our brothers so we could have correct cell phone numbers, updated member information, and critical hotel registration information. A person could go to MemberPlanet knowing absolutely nothing about running an alumni organization, databases, membership or event registration and finish with a victory. MemberPlanet is helping us with everything and highly recommend to everyone! Ryan Delta Sigma Phi Cal PA '95

Cons

Excellent online tools! Our association has really grown by using this powerful product!

Our association was struggling with managing our member database and being able to use one online technology to focus on our day-to-day operations. Then we were introduced to MemberPlanet through a partnership with our national organization and all our problems were solved. Since moving over to MemberPlanet we have seen an increase in alumni engagement through dues collection, donations, event attendance, email communication and overall growth by providing an easy way for our alumni to stay involved. Best of all...it was easy to implement and is simple to use. The customer service experience really helped us hit the ground running and is always quick to respond whenever we need help.

Cons

A revolutionary online tool for our lodge that is cost effective too!

We were looking for a cost effective membership tool to drive communication and involvement. MemberPlanet has far exceeded our expectations with a great product that includes so much functionality. In the last year we've been able to customize our brand, introduced e-communication and our newsletter program, provided regular updates to the membership on activities, sent out surveys for feedback, easily setup events and kept track of RSVP's, collected dues from members, store event photos and much more. It is fantastic to be able to do all these things with one database. We are more organized and keeping our members more up-to-date with communication than ever before! Love this product!

Do not use MemberPlanet

I have been trying to bring an existing group online and have run into one problem after the next. It was almost impossible to predict these issues when assessing our vendor options. Bottom line: I will have to find another program, or build one of my own.

Pros

Not much. MP does gives you the option of adding custom fields, which works well for our needs; however, you are not able to hide default fields, which causes confusion and poorly filled out records.

Cons

Poor execution of software features. I keep running into road blocks. Examples of what you can not do: merge records, hide unused fields from the end user, very poor email formatting controls, use a different send and reply to email address. They give you a "delete" record option that does not actually delete the record.

Great Education Tool

I am a teacher and a Student Council Chair. The Memberplanet site has made organizing this years Council easy and allows me more freedom from after school meetings. Being able to access technology intrigues my kids and makes them readily available for impromptu online meetings by sharing information.

Pros

Ease of integration of records.

Greg Beilstein is great!

Even though we have yet to get our MP database completely up and running, Customer representative has been an amazing person to work with! He has taken the time to think outside of the box and help us mold MP into what we need it to be! He has made this lengthy process as easy as possible for us and is always willing to schedule a call to answer questions or walk us through something we don't understand. Truly a gem in customer service! Thank you!

Pros

Ability to add multiple layers for banking, donations, states, national, etc. Plus, profiles for all members and forums.

Cons

We cannot remove maiden name and under gender we can only list male, female and other. Gender is man or woman, SEX is female or male! This is important!

general experience

I've been generally happy with Member Planet. It makes it much easier to manage a 60 person business group (than doing it manually). I've struggled sometimes making sense of certain features and just haven't had the time to go through the tutorials so relying on the intuitiveness of the processes. I tried sending a broadcast (several times) and it indicates that it was successful, but nobody is receiving it. I also wish you could universally change the time zone. Everything defaults to Pacific time and you have to constantly change this to the correct time zone. The more familiar I become with it, the better I like it so most of it is just a learning curve.

Association Website Development

We really like the interaction of the platform and that we can run our new association from member planet as the hub for data, information, functionality, events, dues, collection, emails, broadcasting, and polling! We particularly like the support we have received in development!

Pros

The interaction of all information crossing over and maintained in a cross reference fashion, It removes the hands-on nature of the collection, maintaining the database and many other critical features of running an efficient association.

Perfect for our clients!

If you are looking for a platform that can give your business efficiency, results, and great support then MemberPlanet for you. We use the event module for virtual event allowing us to engage our clients in a unique and creative way while maintaining our brand! The broadcast/email/text function is awesome, by sending a text I know for sure people are seeing latest promotions and products! Another plus is that they do not charge a fee for the amount of people in your organization, The fact that we can add as many clients as we want definitely separates MemberPlanet from the rest of the platforms we tested out.

Cons

Perfect combo of value and functionality!

I utilize MemberPlanet for a small high school alumni association that is just getting started. We needed something that wouldn't break our small budget, but would also us the functionality to grow and expand. MemberPlanet has certainly met those expectations. We utilize the email campaigns frequently, the ability to create buttons for the membership page for our website is great, the donation campaigns allow us to accept credit cards and keep our look and messaging consistent, and the software allows us to easily organize members. I recommend it, especially for the price.

WOW

Just had my walkthrough with this software and I am very excited. The Customer service agent (Patrick ) was great he answered all my questions. I have been researching a new software for my group which is currently on Meetup.com. I have test-drove several of the competitors and I can honestly say Memberplanet blows them all away. It is the only software I found that has a robust event functionality that will promote growth along with a membership Administrative system that will save me hours of work each month. It's affordable price makes it a no brainer for me. I can't wait to get started.

Cons

Holy Moly, They've Got It All!

MemberPlanet is an extremely easy to use platform that has unmatchable tools. Period. It certainly is a one-stop shop for all communication - from group texting to mass emailing, fundraising & payment collection, membership & event management tools. Our Church Leadership is beyond satisfied with the increased level of success & participation that we've been able to achieve amongst our various ministries. If you're looking for a quick, easy, and helpful solution for strengthening your group, then MemberPlanet is for you. We highly recommend this system to all other churches and growing organizations!

Cons

Perfect site for product sales and marketing

As a both a user and administrator on this site, I have to say I am throughly impressed. It was so easy to create a payment form for my clients to make purchases, set up and send out email campaigns with updates and specials, and even host a donation campaign for my supplies. The best part about MemberPlanet is their Android app! I was able to use the app at one of my shows to collect payments for my work for people who didn't have cash. And it was direct deposited right into my account. Can I just say that was the most convenient thing ever?! Thank you, Memberplanet, for making my life a breeze.

Cons

Once stop place for managing surveys & email campaigns

We use it for managing email campaigns, surveys, donations and reporting.

Pros

Live reporting, group texting features are really cool. Sending newsletter is really easy with this tool.

Cons

I don't have any issues with this tool as of now

MemberPlanet is great for our Home Owners Association

Until we found out about MemberPlanet our HOA didn't have a low cost and easy to use communications tool. Now we are able to share very nice newsletter and event information with our members. Just the other day we used the text broadcast tool to notify our board of a change in our monthly scheduled meeting. With the help of training information we are coming up with new ideas for how we can benefit from MemberPlanet all the time. Thanks for offering such an inexpensive and easy to use communications and fund raising tool for groups like our HOA. Don Russell

First time user

Through a series of events, I "stumbled" upon Member Planet. Wow what a difference it made. I am NOT someone who works with databases or membership lists. When I first looked at the dashboard I was extremely intimidated and almost moved on. However, after looking at it I thought I would just do some exploration....lo and behold, it began to make sense and was very intuitive to set up. I was so excited with my find I shared it with the Secretaries of a couple of clubs I am a part of and they also joined the "Planet." Great tool.