MemberPlanet Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.79/10

Reviews by rating

He is always available, always helpful and very supportive. We are very happy with the company and the convenience of having all of our communications and finances handled through one entity.
If you're looking for a platform that is user friendly, as well as effective, Member Planet is perfect. You can also try it for free.
The only issue I have is uploading photos. The software doesn't upload all photos and error messages are given.

KM

Kim M.

Zealous Exceptional Terrific Awesome

Pros

It is a great technical tool that reaches all areas of knowledge. The customer care team were a huge help and they reach out to individuals. It has versatility of use.

Cons

I would enjoy a way to create more information into the forms without them being long. When creating a form that requires input for a group it would be a great feature to have spaces to input the data at one time. Also when you retrieve data it would be great to have an option to format your report

NY

Nicole Y.

Best Customer Service... EVER!!!

I was tasked by my employer to build an alumni/fundraising site using Member Planet. I actually had never heard of it and was a little ambivalent about, not only the service, but the project as a whole because I already had a lot on my plate. The time frame I was given to complete this undertaking was truncated and there was a lot to learn. But, the Member Planet Team was amazing in every sense of...

MS

Michael S.

Does not have a 'simple' interface option for members/users

Memberplanet is intended to be a portal for individuals to manage their memberships into multiple organizations. That's a noble goal, but waaaay too complicated for a novice user or someone who just wants to join a single group and interact with the group leadership. As far as I can tell a user has to be adept at navigating through a 3 level hierarchy (level1-member of memberplanet, level2-portal...

Pros

Seems like a great piece of software for anyone administering a group membership.

Cons

This software is too complicated for a customer base whose mastery level of technology is 'can do email' and 'read-only internet browsing'.

Hi Michael, I¿m sorry you found memberplanet difficult to navigate. Our software has functionality for both admins AND members, so I can see how those lines can cross. We¿re looking to improve, so thanks for voicing your concerns. We want to clarify a few things: There are no ¿hierarchies,¿ but members must create a login account for security purposes. You mentioned that as a member of one group,...

JL

Joan L.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

School Registration Packet

Positive, smooth collection of money.

Pros

It simplified our registration process for purchases and information distribution.

Cons

I am comfortable with the software but I do not use regularly so I need support from the help desk. Wish there was a better way to remind users on their credit card of the MP charge as often they think it is a fraud and put forth a dispute.

VJ

Valerie J.

Perfect for Management and Marketing of 80+ Clients

On a weekly, sometimes daily basis, we require some form of communications with our retail community here at the shopping center. MemberPlanet has made this process super easy and efficient to be able to do so and make sure that our communications are getting in the appropriate manager hands. It's user friendly platform allows customization so that retailer managers know when the memo is urgent and...

LH

La'Kitha H.

Used other for 2+ years

I love MemberPlanet. It was extremely helpful when we planned our 40th Anniversary Celebration!

Pros

It is very user-friendly! I also love the communication piece as registration is completed, fees paid, etc.

Cons

It is a great software. However, there were a few members that had concern about convenience fees when making payments. It was explained to them that you can charge the group the fees or the customer. Some decided to just use the mail in option, but the majority used the software.

MN

Michelle N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great solution!

Member Planet offers an exceptional platform to manage membership, events, surveys and all for a great price! - Not to mention the amazing customer support it offers.

Pros

Easy to use, all sorts of add-ons in one product, exceptional customer support, great price.

Cons

some of the features need tutorials (which just means its feature rich - and not necessarily a "con")

AD

Adam D.

Fantasy Football- The Money League

I have been Commissioner of The Money League( Fantasy Football League) for the past four NFL Seasons. It is a highly competitive league that generates lots of dollars and regular pay outs. The first two seasons were chaotic featuring many arguments, missed payments and feelings hurt. For a second, I didn't believe that our league would last and then a friend told me about MemberPlanet. I did some research,...

NB

Nick B.

love collecting donations on the go

I am currently the leader of a service group named Hockey for Health which consists of 10 individuals derived from my club hockey team. Our goal is to fundraise over $30,000 to travel to South America to aid the less fortunate. Throughout a 2 year period through fundraising events, reaching out to different communities, and sending mail/email campaigns. In order to reach our goal, we needed a platform...

DL

Dawn L.

Love MP

I have used Member Planet for several years and love it. As a back end user it is simple to set up the forms, customer service is easy to work with if you have questions and our parents love the ease on their end. We have gone virtually paperless now from a registration that just 4 years ago used about 20 pieces of paper per family. Throughout the school year we have a variety of occasions that...

TD

Trycennia D.

I love MemberPlanet it's a great tool.

Pros

That you can export your spreadsheets out of the system to excel, you can sort within the system, you can view payments by each form that you have created, you can sort by date range. there are so many pros I just can't list them all.

Cons

Company is unable to send you an auto-renewal email. This goes to the company not really a software issue.

PW

Patricia W.

I'm really amazed at the many features MemberPlanet has to offer

Pros

I like the ability I have being able to create different templates to my liking. Awesome software that memberplanet has available to users. Representative is very helpful when needed. I can call her up anytime of the day and she is willing to assist me with any troubleshooting I need. Her assistance make the program feel more user friendly.

JH

Jennifer H.

Civic & Social Organization, self-employed

Best decision for a small organization

I run a small organization comprising between 100-200 members and I needed a cost effective membership platform that could provide turnkey administrative support. MemberPlanet provides everything we need and more. What I love the most, is the customer service. As soon as I subscribed, I immediately received a phone call and email from a MemberPlanet representative. They took the liberty to setup certain functions to help me promptly launch the site to my members. Their fast and helpful service has super exceeded my expectations.

Pros

Customer service and easy to use templates

Cons

Template customization - should be easier to customize

Dr

Dr. rosalind H.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Great communication.

Records are kept in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.

Pros

Easy to maneuver. Answers to any concerns are handled promptly. Communicates via email or telephone call.

Cons

More links than might be used. Sometimes it can be confusing when there are a lot of options. The more I use the software the easier it is getting.

BB

Bridgette B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great non profit software.

The software is a little difficult for people who are beginners and not tech savvy, but the support that you get from the group is outstanding!! So if you have a difficult issue they are there to help. quick, knowledgeable and friendly. They offer a lot of options for a fair price.

Pros

Many different facets. I can get everything I need all in one place. Donation and volunteer tracking as well as receiving donations. I can make different campaigns and email them or text them to all of my member and contacts.

MP

Mark P.

really enjoyed it!

Pros

For our organizaiton we found this software to be very useful! we've really enjoyed it and it was really easy to use

DJ

Daniel J.

Easy to use and very effective

If you are looking for a management platform that is easy to use and has all of the features that you need to manage your organization, then MemberPlanet is the platform for you. Not only does Member Planet have the tools you need(event creation, donation campaigns, easy membership functionality, email campaign creation, custom payment forms, and various communication options) but it's one of the only...

SJ

Sha'Terra J.

functional as a adminstrator

Pros

Ease use for mass communication. The software has enhanced communication with the organization's membership

GB

Gregory B.

Amazing All-In-One Service

We recently decided to start using the MemberPlanet service for RotarAct Long Beach to try and simplify the many functions of our organization. We were mainly looking for a service that could easy be learned during chapter transitions and allow for consistent records. On top of these requirements, we also wanted a service that could streamline our communications, enable online fundraising/donations, simplify events and take mobile payments via credit card. I can happily say, that MemberPlanet exceeds all of ours needs as an organization and has provided amazing customer service for all of our needs. In short, we are extremely satisfied with the level of customer service MemberPlanet provides and the quality of the MemberPlanet system. Highly recommended!

KW

Kelsey W.

Positive Experience with MemberPlanet

I am a MemberPlanet fan! The Quickpay charge buttons, Payment Forms, Reporting, and Events/Evites/Ticketing are all great. I have yet to try Broadcasts, Surveys, and Discussions, but that shows just how many features are available. It would be great for the Email design wizard to have drag-and-drop blocks like other email programs, but since those are generally email-only programs, all of the other features MemberPlanet provides make it a worthwhile overall package. More importantly, I have received amazing service from the MP team. I always receive fast, personalized responses and even instructional videos when applicable. Rachael specifically has been a huge asset for our group. Thank you MemberPlanet!

MF

Margaret F.

Love it so far!

I was able to quickly create a survey and a newsletter, even though I am new to both activities. I love the fact that the survey results can be exported to a spreadsheet, thus instantly creating my volunteer database. It is easy to go back and edit the survey even though it is already live, which I really appreciate. I figured out how to send a newsletter, but it did not let me send a plain email, which is odd. Also, the recipient list I made for the survey did not seem to be available for the email service. I'm gathering that maybe you can only send emails to members, whereas the surveys and newsletters can go out to anyone. Seems to me you could just as easily spam with a newsletter, if that were your intention.

RF

Ryan F.

MP ... Just amazing..highly recommend!

I found MemberPlanet to be very user friendly, efficient, creative and I love sending broadcast from the app. But what is even more important, MemberPlanet has made it easy to set up our alumni tailgate and golf events while providing tools to access information from our brothers so we could have correct cell phone numbers, updated member information, and critical hotel registration information. A person could go to MemberPlanet knowing absolutely nothing about running an alumni organization, databases, membership or event registration and finish with a victory. MemberPlanet is helping us with everything and highly recommend to everyone! Ryan Delta Sigma Phi Cal PA '95

SM

Scott M.

general experience

I've been generally happy with Member Planet. It makes it much easier to manage a 60 person business group (than doing it manually). I've struggled sometimes making sense of certain features and just haven't had the time to go through the tutorials so relying on the intuitiveness of the processes. I tried sending a broadcast (several times) and it indicates that it was successful, but nobody is receiving it. I also wish you could universally change the time zone. Everything defaults to Pacific time and you have to constantly change this to the correct time zone. The more familiar I become with it, the better I like it so most of it is just a learning curve.

GH

Georgeo H.

Perfect for our clients!

If you are looking for a platform that can give your business efficiency, results, and great support then MemberPlanet for you. We use the event module for virtual event allowing us to engage our clients in a unique and creative way while maintaining our brand! The broadcast/email/text function is awesome, by sending a text I know for sure people are seeing latest promotions and products! Another plus is that they do not charge a fee for the amount of people in your organization, The fact that we can add as many clients as we want definitely separates MemberPlanet from the rest of the platforms we tested out.

MG

Melissa G.

Holy Moly, They've Got It All!

MemberPlanet is an extremely easy to use platform that has unmatchable tools. Period. It certainly is a one-stop shop for all communication - from group texting to mass emailing, fundraising & payment collection, membership & event management tools. Our Church Leadership is beyond satisfied with the increased level of success & participation that we've been able to achieve amongst our various ministries. If you're looking for a quick, easy, and helpful solution for strengthening your group, then MemberPlanet is for you. We highly recommend this system to all other churches and growing organizations!