StarChapter Reviews

4.49/5 (272 reviews)

Judy Thompson

StarChapter Customer Support never makes me the fool

Reviewed 2016-10-05

Having been with StarChapter for a couple years now, I really like the customer service experience. I've learned to check out the online videos (sometimes beyond my understanding), but I have learned that -- if things aren't clear -- submitting a Job Ticket gets a quick response. And unlike some other software companies I've used (but won't name), the people who talk to me or email back and forth with me until I understand NEVER make me feel like I'm the idiot who doesn't understand functionality. That's so refreshing! If you're a small one-person office like I am, with sometimes-help from college interns, I highly recommend StarChapter. They offer reasonable pricing with no long-term contract. They let you take your time in adopting the different feature capabilities. And once you're up and running, they're an awesome value for the monthly spend! Ease of learning how to do stuff for someone who isn't a technology nerd. Sometimes that means my current intern has to look at the video and then show me, but once the lightbulb goes on, I can do 'most anything.

Susan Selseth

A great value

Reviewed 2018-10-23

The customer service/tech support department is great. They are responsive and problem solvers. One of the great features of this software. I like the newsletter feature the most. I can create digital newsletters by template.

Charlotte Mihok

StarChapter Review 10/23.2018

Reviewed 2018-10-23

We are able to market our events with ease and efficiently. It solved the issue of mass emails. Membership is easier to track and to communicate with those members. I like StarChapter; it's fees are spot-on and I have recommended it to other associations.Top items: 1) Ease of access from any location. 2) Ability to have most of the associations information in one spot 3) Email communication 4) Reports available. Love the graphs for membership, meeting attendance, etc... 5) Love that the members can download the meetings they attended to track their own CEH credits. 6) Love how the support team gets back promptly on issues. 7) The newsletter StarChapter sends out although finding time to read it gets in the way. 8) The ease of using it. It's not hard to train others to use it.

Pearl Ford-Fyffe

Top of the line association management

Reviewed 2016-10-05

I highly recommend Star Chapter to every association leader looking for an effective, efficient and affordable comprehensive association management system. Star Chapter does it all for each of my chapters; membership management, event management, communications, online payments and reporting. If you're looking for one solution that does it all, look no further! I like Star Chapter because it provides a comprehensive association management system that is effective, efficient, and affordable.

Peter Blok

Complete & easy to use. Great support

Reviewed 2016-06-15

After a disastrous experience with another solution we turned to Star Chapter. We received terrific help getting started. With the help of our starchapter project lead, Erin, we were up wiht an operating with a professional website in 2 WEEKS. We started the first week of December 2015 and were up Before Christmas. And it all worked! We update the site regularly. When we run into something we don't understand the StarChapter support is there to help. We have always gotten a solution within hours of asking. We had one time when the site was down. Within minutes of sending the email to support we were up. I think the StarChapter solution and the support team are great. Anyone with a professional society or similar membership group should look at this solution seriously. Complete, Easy to use, we can have more then one person work on the back end We dont'' need a "software guy" to make it work.

jose Feliciano

3 years with Star

Reviewed 2016-10-05

Star has provided our San Fernando Valley APICS chapter with time saving tools that are critical with Board members who are volunteers. The ease of use and the ability to quickly update the website as changes are encountered make our website current. Many administrative tasks on members, seminar and educational offerings such as keeping track of event registrations are now maintained with ease and significantly less time than before Star Chapter days. Membership monitoring, specially now that corporate apics.org has setup a partnership with Star Chapter to provide daily updates, has take a huge burden on chapter management. Keeping all this chapter information available for any authorized board member year after year as officers may change continues to be one of the best resource provided by Star Chapter.ease of use, time savings ability for chapter administration.

Pearl Ford-Fyffe

Outstanding comprehensive association management system

Reviewed 2016-01-21

I have used Star Chapter since 2012 for multiple associations I manage. Of all the association management systems currently available, I found Star Chapter to be the most comprehensive and cost effective online software on the market. Star Chapter is user friendly for both members and administrators. Customer support is great and highly responsive to questions or problems. Training and resources for administrators and Board members are excellent. One of my groups consists of a senior chapter, a young professionals chapter and a non-profit 501(c)3 education foundation. They wanted one website for all three organizations with capability to manage each of them. The Star Chapter tech team was wonderful in working with our volunteer Board and communications committee to develop a website "skin" that would function on Star Chapter's system.

Ronda Bernstein

Does a lot of things but not easily

Reviewed 2015-04-05

I've worked with several CM software programs as well as web design software. While this ultimately does what you need it to do, it takes more steps than necessary. Simple things like having a pull down list of pages on your site to link to are missing meaning you have to know the URL of a page to link it in another page or an email. There isn't even easy access to your photos. You have to go through at least 10 steps just to edit a photo when there should just be a photo editor just like there is a page editor. Other things such as erasing membership information from expired members (you don't know if you are reaching out to someone that was a member last year or ten years ago) and the need to upload information several times depending on where you are using it (on the website vs in an email vs on an event page) make it not very user friendly. Even with registration for events, the page that shows the registrations isn't the same page where you download the registration from. You have to go to a different registration page for that. Too many steps to do the simplest things. It also doesn't have options for sorting or filtering by any column. If someone has a balance, you can't see what that balance was for. You can't sort who opened an email in alphabetical order or by time. You can't look at a member profile and see what events they attended or if the last time they opened an email. You also can't have members update their information at the time they renew their membership. You have to try to get them to go in after the fact to make updates. However, with all of this, my biggest pet peeve comes when creating questions for event registration and when selecting multiple choice, space is only given for one option. You always have to click - add another choice. Why? Obviously there should automatically be two choices if it's multiple choice - that's what makes it MULTIPLE choice. It's these types of little annoyances that you find in several places that make you wonder if the people that designed the software ever use it or used any other CM software before being hired to design Star Chapter.

John Walik

StarChapter- A Website For Organizations

Reviewed 2016-01-29

We have used StarChapter for our organization (ASHRAE) since 2012 and for our organization (AEE) for 4 months. ASHRAE has 1900 members and AEE has 250 members. To summarize, this is a fantastic Website for any any size organization. When you are a new customer you have a bunch of templates to pick from and Customer Support (CS) gives you personal attention to get your site set-up. There is also a package to fit just about anyone's budget. Setting up meetings and sending out mass emails of any type is a snap. 1.Great Great Customer Support. Inquires are replied to promptly and accurately. 2.Most of the features you use regularly are intuitive. 3.The software has so many features that anything is possible to do. 4.Members can pay by credit card in advance for meetings. 5.Once you are set-up and using it it is very easy to maintain. 6.You can assign different tasks to your board (like someone for announcements or emails or treasury, etc.). 7.Easy to post all event pictures. 8.CS sets your site up to your specific requests. 9.There are tutorials and live webinars on everything with a Help Center to search.

Anonymous

Good Basic Tool

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Decent. It gives us the basics we need but would be great if the system was a bit more robust. Areas of opportunity: 1. Website will not track a started membership without causing issues. If you start a membership but don't finish all the way to pay screen it acts like your a member but there's no way for you to continue your order. The person supporting site then has to go back and either contact the member who didn't finish and manually enter them or delete the started profile and begin again. 2. When you order multiple tickets under same name (like in meeting you're doing for a golf tournament) you have to fill out the same person name over & over. No way to bypass or say same as above. 3. No place to put orders for things that don't relate to membership and/or meeting. It'd be great to have a section for these types of things that we sell. For example, A yearly sponsorship that can be ordered at anytime on website but doesn't confuse the dues system. Which brings me to point 4 4. Currently if they order anything listed in dues it acts as if the member has renewed. So if they order a name change it's acting as though they paid their dues but they didnt.Great for setting up & tracking memberships & meetings.

Alisha Praznik

Small Texas Association

Reviewed 2016-12-22

There are some features of the software that are excellent. I really like the email communication interface. Our biggest concern is that there is very little ability to customize to your association needs. Customization of the site is not an option and work around options are complicated, confusing & time consuming for the board. Communication between the front and admin end can be mismatched. If you are ok with small things like application field names not matching profile field names and back end names, but being similar it's fine. If you are ok with having drop down menus on your application, but not on your individual profile editors, which results in somewhat of a mismatch of information, you will be fine. For our Association, it's all small things that you will encounter with the software, scrolling down pages of data, the overall display of profile editors, etc... that will make things difficult for the board and for membership. It's very important to understand that these items can't be changed even with a work order and in our eyes this is a major limitation of Capterra. Overall, the system functions, but it isn't the easiest software to manage and it will take a MAJOR commitment on the part of the associations board to make this system work as best as it can for your association. If your Association is small and doesn't need much in the way of tracking and display, CME, spreadsheet export, and more, Capterra will be a good solution. I will say compared to a fully customized website development it is more economical for all involved, despite the commitment it requires. The email communicating system.

Debbie Reece

Easy to use and affordable

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Database information, reports are limited but its better than nothing, which is what we had before. Ability to let my committees and board find out info without me doing or sending it.Ease of use, ability to get a nicely designed website, database membership list upload and event management.

Luann Vosburg

Work Made Simple Thanks to StarChapter

Reviewed 2016-10-05

We have been with StarChapter for many years and I couldn't be more pleased. The ease of the website and database makes my work life so much easier. The website was extremely easy to implement. Our membership loves the ease of the website too. I have needed to use the StarChapter Customer Service on occasion (especially for things I don't use often) and they are very prompt and attentive. They follow up afterwards too. StarChapter cares about you as much on day one as they do five or six years down the road. They are constantly striving for excellence. I would highly recommend StarChapter!I love everything about StarChapter

Emily Chan

setting up event using Star Chapter

Reviewed 2016-11-08

It would be nice if you have some instruction on your screen. My team is not familiar with Star Chapter and it is challenging to support our events. Is it possible to schedule a webinar training with real person who we can ask questions?The campaign functionalities cover email, survey, tickets etc. One stop shopping.

Ike Casey

There are a lot of choices, Star Chapter works for us

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Star Chapter provides a good alternative for our size operation (about 3/4 million). I think you should check out all options before deciding on SC, but it works for us. We adopted Star Chapter after using Abila and did not miss a beat. The people are good to work with. We are a two person office and the other person, not me, does the work on the Website and I do the Database.

Eric Rodriguez, CFE, CFCS,CCS, CBAO

Board of Directors Best Friend

Reviewed 2018-11-20

StarChapter has simplified filing, sales and membership issues. Don't know how we did it when it was so manual before.I love that all the documents, such as board meeting notes, marketing material and more can be saved on StarChapter. Sometimes it's difficult to contact one of you board members, they may be out on vacation or in meetings all day. Know I can just go into StarChapter and get what I need without having to reach out to other members. It also has a great dashboard that gives me membership details along with sales details.

Kisha Wright

Starchapter is a life saver

Reviewed 2018-10-23

I have been very happy with Starchapter and look to continue using the software for our organization.The ease of use and the ability to have all of our chapter info in same system

Tiffany Bradbury

Customers First!

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Star Chapter allows our non profit association the ability to manage not only our website but also our membership, communications and dues payments. It also allows us advertising opportunities. Star Chapter has amazing customer service and support! I would recommend them to other non profits. The software is fairly easy to navigate and the customer support is fantastic!

Lonnie Fluck

Starchapter - Bang for your buck

Reviewed 2018-10-23

It was a slower start trying to learn the software but the support staff is pretty patient. They do offer training classes. I looked at many other systems but for what you are able to do StarChapter offers great value. Once you get the software set up it really gives you power to do most of the things you would want to. There customer support is helpful as long as you are okay with a ticketing type service

Sheila Krueger

Helped turn our Association around

Reviewed 2017-04-27

After developing our own website on a very small budget, we found it difficult to recruit new members. Bookkeeping and membership rosters were difficult to maintain using a series of spreadsheets and other pieces of software cobblde together. We were so impressed with the demo by StarChapter, the implementation process, and customer service. Our website looks amazing, our reporting is so much easier, and we really feel like we get a fantastic product for a great price. Ease of use, training readily available, and very responsive customer service.

Danna Schacter

All the features we need in one place

Reviewed 2017-01-23

My chapter used to use at least three services to manage our email announcements, program registration, and website administration. Now we can do all of that in one place with our StarChapter site. The site is very easy to manage, even for those with minimum website administration experience. When there is something we can't figure out ourselves, we can look up how to solve our problem using the extensive tutorials and guides or contact the friendly and responsive help team. There are some limitations, such as to what extent you can customize your site, but these are very minor and in general StarChapter is the best website service we have used since creating our website. Easy to use, lots of documentation to help you figure out how to make changes,

Brad Patterson

StarChapter Makes It Easy!

Reviewed 2016-09-19

StarChapter provides a quality platform, lots of training and documentation and their customer service is excellent! Every time I submit a ticket I hear back promptly and the issue is typically resolved the first time.It is easy to use and allows me to build out a quality web site.

Mary Ann Caruso

Great Software for Groups

Reviewed 2018-10-17

I implemented this for one of the groups that I belong to and have recommended it to another that also implemented it. I am working with 2 other groups to also implement this software. It is a great tool for groups that want to have a one stop shop for members, meetings, communications and the group's website. The ease of use and the reporting are good. The meeting registration and security are wonderful.

Ted Crowder

A truly great product

Reviewed 2016-10-05

We have been using a StarChapter for years and it fits our needs wonderfully. The site automates so many tasks that we used to have to do manually and it makes running our organization a breeze. The time it saves automating tasks

Anonymous

Association Management with Ease and affordability

Reviewed 2018-10-16

Absolutely fantastic! I have been with them for many years with 3 different groups and have never been let down.I enjoy working in Star Chapter, they have ease in functionality and accomplishes all my organizational needs.