FixMe.IT Reviews

FixMe.IT

Remote Support Software That Always Works

FixMe.IT

Review Summary

Pros

Having the capability to use unattended access has been terrific. I also like the easy to use user interface for my customers.

Mitchell R.

Read the full review
Getting customers to the download page is super easy, installation is fast and very user friendly. The UnAttended Installation allows you to remote in at will to help users with the greatest of ease.

Stephen V.

Read the full review
I love that I'm able to connect to the users computer with ease, users don't like complicated programs, so the ability for them to give me a number that is easy to read makes my job easier.

Miguel D.

Read the full review

Cons

The software does not work with mac computers many of my customer have Macs so this creates a problem.

Joseph G.

Read the full review
However in an emergency when that software is corrupt, unusable, not installed, etc.

Roy U.

Read the full review
Gets blocked by a couple of either products/firewalls and have been unable to get installed at clients as a result.

Simon J.

Best Remote Access Software Available

I use this application daily to provide help desk and server support to many customers. The price is great and the features are fantastic.

Pros

The is by far the easiest remote access software I have ever used. As an IT manager, this software has saves me $1000s every month. With just a few clicks I can access customer's computers and correct problems while never leaving my office. My customers love this process. I can store computers for anytime access so I can manage many servers and computers 24/7 without requiring brick and mortar access.

Cons

If I could fix a few things I would make this software available for MAC and get a different URL. I have to constantly spell the word "IT". It seems such a simple word but it does not correlate to web browsing to the common internet user. Few people have ever visited a .it domain.

PC Paramedics use FixMe.IT

Network issues, Server issues, laptop and desktop issues. Printer issues. All the usual end user problems right down to data recovery on-line.

Pros

The client can watch what the techie is doing. Works reasonably well on a poor rural broadband connection down to 2mb/sec down - 50Kbs up Can see from the dashboard what connections have been made by team members

Cons

Trying to get luddites to run the client - not easy with older users especially. Lockdown has meant connecting to home working users used to having a co-worker close by who could assist. Can take 20 minutes sometimes to start a session! A simple click and go for the client would be a huge improvement. Lack of Mac support is a big limitation, causing us to utilises two products. Limit on number of unattended clients that can be stored is a pain in the Rse.

It's hard to knock the product as it is but it's just ok

I am generally able to connect to my customers computers to assist with issues and install software

Pros

On demand sessions work great East to install and setup remote clients Easy to organize accounts by company

Cons

No Ability to go cross platform ie mac No mobile ability The remote control agent doesn't work, well, sometimes gets eaten by anti virus clients/or disappears for what ever reason and you can't cut copy paste really!!! Their response is that's odd, just drag files...sorry to say that's a tedious endeavor with the spotty mouse movements.

Hi Thomas, Thank you for the feedback and for being our valued customer. We regret that you've experienced this copy-paste issue - this is, indeed, non-standard behavior of our application, which in most cases can be attributed to custom or advanced antivirus settings, or other 3rd party local factors that we have absolutely no control over. As suggested in most reviews here, FixMe.IT's file transfer feature is quite reliable and easy to use. Furthermore, FixMe.IT offers several file transfer options including a file transfer button and drag-n-drop, so our intent at the time was to provide you with a feasible workaround in case copy-paste didn't work with a specific client machine. Regards, Dan | Techinline

Cheap & Stable

Reporting the above case (user revokable unattended access) would be taken in consideration by FixMe and that’s the last we heard about it. (almost a year now)

Pros

Cheap and stable is the opposite of my ex so that’s a plus. Price -> Affordable per admin (unless you have 150+ unattended clients) Stability -> No downtime experienced Self updating client

Cons

- No OSX expert app - No Android expert app - No IOS expert app - No client app for the above either, but that’s clear when you buy. - Unattended client access can be revoked by the user without any hassle. (which isn’t helping if your client computers are used by schoolchildren) - For every 150 unattended seats you need to buy an extra admin license, whether you have more than 1 admin or not

Perfect alternative to the more expensive options out there!

Extremely positive. Covers 99% of my remote work (1% is Mac). For the value and the consistency of connection there is really no other product that comes close.

Pros

Easy to use Easy to deploy Quick to connect Enough flexibility for my needs Excellent price!

Cons

No remote support of Macs No remote support from mobile device Columns in Expert application are not useful Multi screen support works but needs reminding of screen to focus on The above really is very minor in the scheme of the product overall

The single most valuable tool in any arsenal

I am able to diagnose and fix my company's hardware and software packages from anywhere at any time.

Pros

Rocket fast access, unlimited troubleshooting capabilities, real time online status indicators, multiple client lists. Easy to use interface, multiple support sessions can be open at one time. Unattended access to any client machine.

Cons

No ability to force wake a machine on unattended access.

FixMe.IT (Techinline) for IT Support Professionals

I have been using Fixme.it from Techinline for over 5 years while operating my own PC support business. I am now using it to support the teachers, staff and students at school. With a pool of 700+ systems to support during our current virus pandemic (Coronavirus), this tool has been instrumental in keeping everyone's computers operating efficiently. FixMe.IT from Techinline will continue to be my "go-to" tool for providing remote IT support.

Pros

This software permits me to connect to a client's computer system quickly and reliably. The download and installation of the client software requires only standard user rights on the client system. Connecting to the client requires the client to provide a session specific "client ID" to the support person. The connection with the remote computer is encrypted for obvious security reasons. Once connected,...

Cons

The only shortcoming that I have found with this application is the lack of support for MAC and Linux clients. FixMe.it (Techinline) software is designed for use only on Windows.

Simple and Fast Connection

It has been good, its a good product. The only draw back is the pricing structure, as others offer a scaled back speed at a free price. For some of the features its a great product to consider. Love the ability to create a custom installer, which makes the image of our company better.

Pros

Having used and still using many remote connection and management software providers, FixMe has been one that seems to work when others won't. Its fast, and simple. The remote reconnect after startup is great. Some others will not do this and requires someone at the other end to restart the software. The price and the speed of connection is worth it. The custom logo you can add to the install page is a nice feature.

Cons

If you are not using it often, and can seem expensive. Its billed monthly regardless if you are using it. Its based on technician, so if you have 3 people, you will need to have 3 licenses to all be working at the same time.

Hi Rex, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! Subscription-based pricing is the software industry standard. Some vendors do offer so-called "lifetime" licenses, but that often means paying for upgrades on a yearly basis (which in the end is a more expensive and a less flexible option). FixMe.IT delivers unlimited on-demand connections, unattended remote access,...

Easy to use, great for the price but needs more features

Overall I've been with Techinline for over a decade and would recommend them. However it's been a while now since there have been any enhancements. It would be nice to know what up and coming features/enhancements are in the works.

Pros

The ease of use and the speed of connectivity is great. Love the unattended remote control as well as the customization for self branding. I've been a very longtime customer since 2010!

Cons

I would really like to see FixMe.IT span accross multiple OS platforms including, IOs, Android, Apple and so on. I also have been waiting for a feature that obtains a report of the client resources and retains them for offline review. this would also be useful when reviewing the unattended list of clients and having the option to bring in columns with those resources like memory, CPU, HD info and so on.

Hi Joseph, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! We listen to all the feedback we receive, and we do understand the need for more features, especially cross-platform support. With that, I'm happy to say that our new product is in its final stage of development and will most likely be introduced early next year (I'm afraid I can't share the exact time though). Some of the new features will include Mac OS support, User Management (the ability to invite and manage other users on your team), Remote System Info, as well as an improved GUI, with more features in the pipeline. Best, Dan | Techinline

Highly recommend this solid product!

I can't recommend this program enough. It solves all of my needs to connect to PCs I own, and other PCs. The "unattended" client feature is great.

Pros

This program is so simple to use. I primarily use this program for my daily remote work on our server and desktop PCs, but we also use it for connecting to our numerous remote locations. I've never had a problem connecting or working on computers. It's invaluable for my job.

Cons

I would say the only difficulty I have with this program is directing a client to get to the website to start the session. If the computer user needs me to connect to their computer, and they have very little computer skills, sometimes it takes a few tries to get them to find "fixme.it" in their browser. This is more of a user issue, but still, it takes a bit of time occasionally.

Great bang for the buck!

I like the simple connecttion to it and the unattended access feature the most. It allows me to connect to my end users easily and quickly.

Pros

Fixme offers remote admin access to end points that are in the field and not connected to the local domain via VPN or other connection options. This is helpful for setting up and troubleshooting issues on end points. And it is much cheaper price than competitors

Cons

Sometime the local admin access for restarting as a system service is a bit wonky, its best to setup the PC and unattended access while on the local network to the domain and then kick the device out the door than trying to gain unattended access after the fact. Alsomany competitors have additional functionality to run scripts or gather data about a device in the background without the end user seeing, and Fixme does not offer that from the best I can tell.

FixMe.IT is great!

Overall this software is the best available option for Windows machines.

Pros

very easy for end user to get logged in. very easy for IT representative to download and open.

Cons

No Mac access No file transfer capabilities.

Hi Randy, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Our application offers three file transfer options including drag-and-drop, copy-paste, and transferring files via the Send File button. Please visit our support center to learn more about the file transfer capabilities https://docs.fixme.it/features/transferring-files-folders-and-text or contact our support team directly if you have any questions. Best, Dan | Techinline

Strong Remote Management App - good balance of features for price

Overall, it's fast, simple, lightweight and good for get at this cost point.

Pros

Fixme is a simple and basic remote access tool that we use daily for unattended support to our end users. I like that you can have separate accounts should you want to have personal devices not available to the rest of my staff. It's easy and fast for one-off remote sessions and you can white-label a custom page for your end-users to keep your brand flowing through the remote experience. Deployment is simple and effective. The chat feature is also nice. With this basic feature set, it would easily be replaced by most bulit-in RMM tools.

Cons

Although it has multi-monitor support, it's frustrating to always guess which monitor and sometimes does not reset correctly. I do like the chat feature, but it only stays on the end-user screen while you are connected with fixme. Which means you lose the dialog if you have to close out but your end-user has stepped away. It has a file transfer feature so you can send a file to the remote computer, but it would be very helpful to reverse the process and be able to send a file from the session back to the tech.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for being our valued customer! Regarding the file transfer feature, the remote user has the option to use the Send File button which can easily be found on the Client App interface. Besides that, you can transfer files back to your desktop during the remote session via drag-and-drop or copy-paste. Best, Dan | Techinline

Our money-maker for tech support

Overall, we've been VERY happy with FixMe. It's out top tool in solving our clients' tech problems.

Pros

For my tech support business serving clients in eight states and Mexico, we've been using FixMe for about four years. It has proven to be reliable and more than adequate for our needs. Over those four years, I can recall only twice that the service was unavailable, but in both instances, the service resumed within seconds. I especially like how quickly it opens and connects us to our clients' workstations and servers. Our customers are able to easily get us connected. Even our senior citizen clients have found it easy to get us connected using FixMe.

Cons

FixMe used to require the remote client to click an 'I accept' button to complete the remote connection. But about a year ago the program changed to omit that security checkpoint. Now, once the remote user communicates the client ID and we punch in their ID in our FixMe program, we get connected. My concern is that if blackhats (such as those who exploited similar connection methods of AMMYY) are using FixMe for nefarious purposes, they could randomly enter client ID's hoping to connect to a remote computer. This concern may be unwarranted, though, as the odds of randomly entering a client ID shortly after someone uses the fixme.it website, have got to be extremely low, and I imagine FixMe's servers would log such activity, flag it, and identify the abuser.

Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the removal of the 'Accept' prompt - there's a security mechanism in place against those who might randomly enter client IDs in order to connect to a remote machine for fraudulent purposes. Such connections are flagged after a number of failed attempts, and the user's account gets blocked due to potential misuse of our service. Best, Dan | Techinline

Software works great and it is easy to use.

Remote login from my home or anywhere I bring my laptop. It is a fantastic value for the money.

Pros

I like the ease of the client being able to go to fixme.it and initiating the remote session. The value for the features is incredible compared to other remote clients. Over the years it has really exceeded my expectations in terms of features and how it works. The latest updates in the last few years supporting multiple monitors has been nice as well as cropping the video to fit the guest screen. I do wish it was a bit easier to make customer notes on a client without having to be connected to them. I really think this program is very powerful for my business and I have over 50 unattended clients. I love the fact that I can troubleshoot system in the comfort of my office. Heck I can even wear my pajamas during the process!! haha

Cons

I think it needs more features, like being able to lock the remote keyboard and mouse. I would also like to see making the remote system screen go black option so while I am completing tasks the client does not see the tools I am using to do so. I would also love to see remote file transfer option to and from the remote system. The most important is being able to install the unattended client without the remote user's intervention.

Hi Keith, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Actually, we have three file transfer options, including drag-n-drop, copy-paste and clipboard transfer. Here's a short YouTube video we've made to showcase these features: https://youtu.be/1qLCOUBsf5c Best regards, Dan | Techinline

Long time user

I have used Logmein, Teamviewer and Fixme extensively along with sharing some small use with other products. FixMe is by far the easiest for my company and its customers. Install is easy and it is safe. I support a lot of the medical community and it being HIPAA compliant is a big plus.

Pros

Easy to have remote users install. Simple console. Great value for money.

Cons

No Apple support, no multi user support.

FixMe is exaclty what I need

Amazing consistency, fast, stable, can keep up for extended periods of time, can enable always on remote.

Pros

FixMe can do one off, or dedicated remote control. Simple, never have any problems.

Cons

Only con, file transfer is kind of weird, other than connection issues that are not FixMe issues, it worked every time.

Hi Jon, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! FixMe.IT allows to exchange files/folders via drag-and-drop, copy-paste, and the standard Send File button. You can find more information on the file transfer options here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/transferring-files-folders-and-text Could you please specify what you mean by the weirdness of file transfer? Or, if you are experiencing some sort of issues with it, please let our support team know (support@techinline.com). Best, Dan | Techinline

FixMe.IT is very easy to use and is extremely reliable.

Pros

I find that end users have a very easy time navigating the interface when walking them through connecting to their workstation using the FixMe.IT website. Setting up unattended access is a breeze. The layout of the drop down menu when connected to workstations is very simple and intuitive. It has many useful features including Scaling, which is definitely needed when working off high resolution screens...

Cons

I wish FixMe.IT supported MACs. Since I do not support many MACs it is not a huge problem, but would love to see this feature added.

This is an invaluable tool for us, many times eliminating the need for an on site visit!

Saves time, trips and the number of employees we need to support our clients quickly.

Pros

We have used this product for years and we couldn't give the level of support we do without it. It allows us to take care of most of our clients issues without leaving our office and lets us work on a number of different clients at the same time. It actually does allow us to be multiple places at once. Without FixMeIt we would need to hire more people to provide the same level of service. A fantastic product, great support and they are always open to hearing ways to enhance or improve the product. Then throw in the great pricing and there is nothing like it!

Cons

None I can think of. We are always putting in suggestions to add features like notification when one of the clients goes of line, etc. Their support staff response quickly and gives the ideas consideration. This is really a pro, rather than a con but the form to complete this survey required me to put in at least a 100 characters in the Cons.

Our first choice in remote desktop applications

For us fast and accessible customer support is paramount - our clients love the ease at which they can show my team the issue they want fixed or have my staff take control of their screen and demo a new feature etc. We have excellent reviews for the support we offer and a part of that is due to the ease of sharing desktops using FixMe.IT

Pros

The image quality and response times are excellent even with a poor internet connection. In extreme situations we still have access to our client's screens long after the accompanying Skype call has lost its connection. It very cost effective as we do not need a license for everyone in the team, we rarely need more connections at any one time than the 3 seats we have purchased. Our clients find it very easy to connect and it is the desktop sharing app which is blocked least by our customers - all UK Higher Education Institutions with strict security policies.

Cons

We have used it for so long we no longer find anything that we would like changed.

Simple and easy to use

This service is just plain easy to use and works everytime...

Pros

I currently use Logmein and FixMe.IT and for the price FixMe.IT is easy to use and works as it should. you can set up unattended access. we have a link on our website to direct our clients to use when we need access that is not setup as unattended.

Cons

Only Windows based computers we can not access Apple computers

I have been using FixMe.IT for years with very reliable success.

Already stated earlier in the review.

Pros

>It is very easy for the customer to get connected >Managing multiple computers is a great feature >Transferring files is a piece of cake >Reboot and reconnect helps my support sessions go fast with less pain for the customer >You can't beat the cost >Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little...

Cons

The only current downside is when I remote in with my new laptop the window for viewing the customer's screen is very small. I contacted customer support and they responded very quick to let me know they are working on this one.

Easy to Connect with Customers

We have tried many products for demoing and supporting our accounting software but found Fixme.it the easiest in respect to the following. The system was improved where when a customer connects with different browsers, it's very easy for them to start the application. We use it for demo's and support. For support, we have a link to load it, for demo's they easily type fixme.it. So we usually connect...

Pros

Please read comments. All positive.

Cons

None really.

Excellent Remote Software!!

I use FixMe.IT on a daily basis. Starting using in August 2018. I am a one man shop. Been in business for over 23 years. This software has made me very proactive and my customers love my response times. They do not have to wait for me to come onsite. One of the best purchases I have made for my customers and myself.

Pros

Ease of use getting my customers connected with a client ID and the unattended access feature.

Cons

I cannot name one negative thing. It is a perfect fit for my business.

Could not work with out it!

FixMe.IT keeps me in business! As an IT consultant my customers are small businesses. Anymore businesses cannot run without computers. Therefore my customers depend on me to keeps their computers doing what they need them to do. My customers need to be able to contact me and have me help them quickly. With FixMe.IT I can do that!

Pros

FixMe.IT allows me to do my job. I am able to work from my desk and take care of over 280 unattended computers plus all the ones I can remote into as needed when a customer calls that does not have unattended setup (yet). This saves me time and my customers money. I used to always be at customers offices. I rarely go on site. plus I am able to work on customers computers after hours so not to interrupt their work.

Cons

It would be great if FixMe.IT would work with Macs and Chromebooks.