FixMe.IT Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.21/10

Reviews by rating

Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate. I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little need for technical support.
I love the ability to view all users by office. I am able to see if they are logged in and if they are working or if the system is logged in and idle.
My only complaint is the inability to share access with other users. This becomes a problem when I work on a team or when there network services provider uses FixMe.
Lack of Mac support is a big limitation, causing us to utilises two products. Limit on number of unattended clients that can be stored is a pain in the Rse.
So far, I havent found anything too terrible. The layout could be updated.

Rhonda M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

The easiest remote tool ever

This program has saved me so many miles on my car because I can remote in and take care of things. The pc doesn't even have to be on the network as long as it can get to the internet.

Pros

FixMe.IT is so easy to explain to the receiving party how to allow you to connect. Web based and simple. It also has features that allow you to send files back and forth, it allows you to let them see your screen as well.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about FixMe.IT

SJ

Simon J.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Great tool!

Generally pretty good

Pros

Access to client desktop withou the need for traveling to them

Cons

gets blocked by a couple of either products/firewalls and have been unable to get installed at clients as a result

Claudia L.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

FixMe.IT is a simple and stable support tool

The main benefit of this software is that it allows us to provide remote assistance to our clients. It is an easy software to configure, where users can access it from the client version and we can access it from the expert version.

Pros

FixMe.IT is a really easy to use and configure application. What I like the most is that it has two applications, a client version and an expert version. The video quality when sharing the screen is very stable.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it is only available for Windows. I would like FixMe.IT to release a version for Linux.

Faraz K.

So far so good

Pros

Very low overhead on the hard ware. It works well and it's responsive. The functions are laid out nicely

Cons

Annual billing, doesn't have Mac support other rdp software have app support top. Fixme.It is still chasing there competition but still charging about the same amount for less options

Hi Faraz, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! We've always been committed to improving our application so that our users could enjoy the best Windows experience possible. We do understand the importance of Mac OS support, and that's why we're currently working towards introducing this feature in a future release. At the same time, we've always tried to keep our rates...

Chris L.

Excellent remote access system!

1. Ease of use for remote users to allow access. 2. Simple setup for recurring remote access. 3. Fast login time. 4. Low overhead on pc and internet resources.

Pros

The software uses little pc system resources when running on my laptop. It also seems to take less internet bandwidth than other systems. It is also very simple when instructing remote users to setup to allow remote access.

Cons

The biggest con that I have with this software is that there is no mobile (iPhone or iPad) application. Many cases I'm in the field with my mobile devices only and need remote access to clients.

Brian L.

Excellent Product and super flexible

easy customer access for support

Pros

Works pretty much every time without issue and very easy to use. I've used this in my business since inception over 7 years ago and have no plans on changing. Very flexible payment options that can be changed at the drop of a hat.

Cons

There no mac support currently but I know this is under development, once thats in place there wont be any cons'.

Tony H.

Has worked well in managing MSP client's needs

We manage about 50 servers for MSP clients and provide support to quite a few users both home users and business users.

Pros

Simple to use and professional looking. It is also reliable following a reboot. I also like how it can save login credentials for unattended computers.

Cons

trying to explain to a "not so tech savvy" user that the website is fixme.it not fixmeit.com or something like that.

Josh T.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

FixMe.IT has been the ideal solution for our customer support team

FixMe.IT has been the solution we have been looking to find for our support team for a while. We tried other solutions for remote support of our base and often found them to be confusing to our customers to get it started and constant barriers on what we could and could not do for various tiers. FixMe.IT has been extremely smooth to get rolling and I have received multiple comments from our support team on how great it has been on helping them get customers issues resolved quickly and easily.

Pros

The ease of use of both the client software and the customer support side software is fantastic. Also the ability to have a custom landing page for your customers to use has been great.

Cons

As of right now we havent found any drawbacks to comment on.

Jessica K.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best IT support software.

I have always had a pleasant experience with FixMe.IT. It is easy to use and not very expensive for the features I get. Customer service always responds quickly and has always been very helpful. I like to have this software so I can see what my client sees and fix their issues without having to physically go to their office. I also like being able to log on to client's computers after they leave so it doesn't interrupt their work day.

Pros

I like that I can help my clients immediately when they need help.

Cons

I wish I could fit the screen to my monitor like I do with remote desktop. I have to use the controls to switch between screens and scroll through the screens when the monitors aren't the same size.

Andrew A.

I like this product

I use FixMe.IT to support my clients remotely, to repair many issues that arise. I also, use it to remotely monitor my clients servers, and backup systems.

Pros

Fixme.it has given me the power to support my clients easily. The remote support is quick to setup and use. Also, the pricing structure is good.

Cons

I can really think about any cons right now.

JE

Jeff E.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Our money-maker for tech support

Overall, we've been VERY happy with FixMe. It's out top tool in solving our clients' tech problems.

Pros

For my tech support business serving clients in eight states and Mexico, we've been using FixMe for about four years. It has proven to be reliable and more than adequate for our needs. Over those four years, I can recall only twice that the service was unavailable, but in both instances, the service resumed within seconds. I especially like how quickly it opens and connects us to our clients' workstations and servers. Our customers are able to easily get us connected. Even our senior citizen clients have found it easy to get us connected using FixMe.

Cons

FixMe used to require the remote client to click an 'I accept' button to complete the remote connection. But about a year ago the program changed to omit that security checkpoint. Now, once the remote user communicates the client ID and we punch in their ID in our FixMe program, we get connected. My concern is that if blackhats (such as those who exploited similar connection methods of AMMYY) are using FixMe for nefarious purposes, they could randomly enter client ID's hoping to connect to a remote computer. This concern may be unwarranted, though, as the odds of randomly entering a client ID shortly after someone uses the fixme.it website, have got to be extremely low, and I imagine FixMe's servers would log such activity, flag it, and identify the abuser.

Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the removal of the 'Accept' prompt - there's a security mechanism in place against those who might randomly enter client IDs in order to connect to a remote machine for fraudulent purposes. Such connections are flagged after a number of failed attempts, and the user's account gets blocked due to potential misuse of our service. Best, Dan | Techinline

JP

Joseph P.

Computer & Network Security, self-employed

Easy to use, great for the price but needs more features

Overall I've been with Techinline for over a decade and would recommend them. However it's been a while now since there have been any enhancements. It would be nice to know what up and coming features/enhancements are in the works.

Pros

The ease of use and the speed of connectivity is great. Love the unattended remote control as well as the customization for self branding. I've been a very longtime customer since 2010!

Cons

I would really like to see FixMe.IT span accross multiple OS platforms including, IOs, Android, Apple and so on. I also have been waiting for a feature that obtains a report of the client resources and retains them for offline review. this would also be useful when reviewing the unattended list of clients and having the option to bring in columns with those resources like memory, CPU, HD info and so on.

Hi Joseph, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! We listen to all the feedback we receive, and we do understand the need for more features, especially cross-platform support. With that, I'm happy to say that our new product is in its final stage of development and will most likely be introduced early next year (I'm afraid I can't share the exact time though). Some of the new features will include Mac OS support, User Management (the ability to invite and manage other users on your team), Remote System Info, as well as an improved GUI, with more features in the pipeline. Best, Dan | Techinline

SC

Steven C.

FixMe.IT is GREAT

FIxMe.IT has changed the way I do business. It has made my life so much easier. I can be productive during all hours of the day and night. FixMe.IT has helped me to help my customers.

Pros

I could go on and on about this product. It has LITERALLY changed the way I do business. I used to have to go onsite for all issues both big and small. Now I can remote into my customers computer and boom - I can fix whatever is going on - I can SEE what my customer wants me to see - I can have remote access to the computers I need access to and work on computers after work hours. It has made my life so much easier.

Cons

There is LITERALLY nothing I do not like about this product. It has all the things I need and want for this type of work.

RE

Rob E.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Simple and easy to use

This service is just plain easy to use and works everytime...

Pros

I currently use Logmein and FixMe.IT and for the price FixMe.IT is easy to use and works as it should. you can set up unattended access. we have a link on our website to direct our clients to use when we need access that is not setup as unattended.

Cons

Only Windows based computers we can not access Apple computers

MF

Mark F.

Easy to Connect with Customers

We have tried many products for demoing and supporting our accounting software but found Fixme.it the easiest in respect to the following. The system was improved where when a customer connects with different browsers, it's very easy for them to start the application. We use it for demo's and support. For support, we have a link to load it, for demo's they easily type fixme.it. So we usually connect...

Pros

Please read comments. All positive.

Cons

None really.

DE

Dexter E.

Best alternative to LogMeIn and Teamviewer if you dont need to connect to Macs

This service is outstanding and I couldn't operate without it. By far the best alternative to LogMeIn and Teamviewer I've used.

Pros

Price. Very cost effective. Efficiency. Connects just about every time. Speed of experience. Once connected, the experience is excellent. Ease of use. Using it on alternative PCs is easy. Training people to use is also easy. East of deployment. Getting new PCs connected is a snap.

Cons

No Mac remote access. Would be nice, but not essential to my business. No mobile app. Again, would be nice, but not essential. The occasional hanging connection to a PC. Sometimes its takes a while to establish the connection. And sometimes It wont connect at all (even through installed). Very rare however.

PA

Paul A.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

We just use it. It just works very well.

Quick and easy support for all our Windows clients.

Pros

The recent multiple connections feature is fantastic. We like the way it is continually progressing.

Cons

Hardly any cons at all, no real complaints. That said, the interface could be inproved a bit. We would really like to have a "last seen" column.

Hi Paul, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the "last seen" column - if you're referring to the current status of an unattended computer, you can check when the computer was last used by going to the Unattended Clients list and hovering over the Not In Use status in the Activity column. Please visit our support center for more details: https://docs.fixme.it/unattended-access/managing-unattended-client-list If you have something else in mind, please don't hesitate to share your suggestions with our support team at support@techinline.com. Best, Dan | Techinline

EL

Edgar L.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Excellent value

Pros

Easy to use, inexpensive, very reliable, supports multiple remote sessions at once.

Cons

Really needs a Mac, iOS, and Android version for cross platform support.

RS

Ryan S.

Satisfied overall

Pros

Ease of use and it's features for supporting multiple displays. Addition of ability to control more than one computer at a time was a great update.

Cons

Wish they had a way to set it to low bandwidth so that high res background pictures would not attempt to send over slower connections or to tell it to not send so it improves user experience when bandwidth is limited.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! To speed up a slow remote connection, you can specify image quality during Remote Desktop Control/View. To do that, click the Options button on the session toolbar and choose Image Quality => High Speed (displays the remote desktop as an 8-bit color image). Best, Dan | Techinline

RH

Rich H.

Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature

Pros

For the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.

Cons

I'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to support@techinline.com so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline

SF

Scott F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Fast, Easy Connections at an Affordable Rate

Fast and easy remote connections to clients needing help along with unattended access clients that need ongoing or after hours support.

Pros

Simple, Quick and Easy connections to remote clients needing help. With other software the installation of a remote support utility takes too long, and IMO, shouldn't be installed at all. We need to connect, do our work, and disconnect without having to deal with install issues on top of the problems we are connecting in to fix. TechInLine lets me do just that with a run-only version of the connection utility, while still offering expanded options including an unattended access client.

Cons

Best remote desktop software I have used to date.

Pros

Easy to set up unattended access Useful UI on remote host as well as master computer. Super fast connection speed over LAN and even over the net.

Cons

Can only have one unattended license per remote computer. Can only have one expert client oen at the same time.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the ability to open multiple expert apps at the same time, I would say that this is more of a licensing question rather than a con. Our licensing is based on concurrent technicians, which means that you can open only one expert app using your account at a time. To have it opened on multiple machines at once, you will need more licenses. However, you can share your account with others if needed (provided that you're not using it yourself), create sub-logins and run as many concurrent sessions as you need to. Best, Dan | Techinline

SB

Simon B.

ICT North Limited experience

It has been a good platform for us and has given us the ability to carry out remote support to our clients and connect to servers that we manage daily

Pros

It is reliable, easy to direct end users to install and connect, cheaper than TeamViewer.

Cons

Wider support for Mac OS, Linux, Chrome and Android would be handy. Very limited with windows devices only especially when many of our schools are going cloud based and Chrome devices are increasing in the education sector where tighter budget means cheaper and simpler devices are called for i.e Chromebooks.

VC

Vincent C.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Great, simple program. However, I still prefer teamviewer.

ease of use.

Pros

Ease of use. Simply send the client to fixme.it > start support session> run/open/install > provide technician with 6 digit client ID

Cons

Inability to bypass UAC. Inability to run at service (instead of having the dialogue box open in order to maintain connection)

Hello Vincent, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT - your feedback is very valuable to us. There shouldn't be any issues in using FixMe.IT with UAC. Please reach out to our support team and we'll assist you further. Thanks again for your valued and loyal business, and we hope to hear from you! Serge from FixMe.IT

ZM

Zuher M.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Best remote support application

We use this application for remote support and maintenance of workstations, servers. It is great for end user support as well as maintenance of servers, database's etc. Its really easy to use and so the learning curve on how to use it is reduced significantly making it easy for that person to become productive quickly.

Pros

Easy to use Allows unattended access Works every time Groups systems for easy identification Allows timers with history so you can track online support time

Cons

Has some minor issues working with tables like MS surface but work around are available.