Figma

Collaborative platform for UI designing and prototyping

Figma Reviews

Pros

Figma is great and I would highly recommend it to anyone working on any type of project before investing too much time into the project itself. Figma provides great clarification.

Edward A.

Figma is super simple to get started with, but is packed with tons of features should you need them. Its own UI is great, and the software feels great to use.

Bailey P.

My favorite feature of Figma is the ability to view a page as someone from our team. This is very helpful because you can click on a member of your team and see what they are working on in the app.

Nikola S.

Soledad M.

Undoubtedly the learning curve, I believe it is a little high compared to other similar software, I believe that the lack of translation into my native language (pt-br) is also a negative point.

Thaís M.

The way the commenting works it is hard to keep track of what comments you should be keeping track of and which you can ignore.

The Best Tool for Collaborative Design Work

Transcript

Michael H: Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a UX designer. I give Figma a five out of five. For more reviews like...

Best UXUI design software

Transcript

Jill C.: Hi, my name is Jill. I'm a UXUI designer. I gave Figma five out of five. For more videos like...

Figma makes it easier for you to create, prototype and collaborate.

Figma has a minimal learning curve and feels really good to use. It's packed with features and it's only getting better with frequent updates.

Pros

The thing that makes Figma great is that it is browser-based and the files are saved in the cloud. I can continue working on any of my computers, when and where I want, as long as I have an internet connection. Sharing designs with Figma is simple and I really like what they've enabled with the real-time collaboration functionality. Another great thing about Figma is its variety of plugins which make the workflow even faster, there are plenty of plugins available you can do basically anything with them: typography, graphs, collaboration, etc.

Cons

Sometimes takes a really long time to load up the files. Even if it doesn't run smoothly sometimes as compared to other programs, I still prefer Figma because of its features and large component libraries.

Figma is my new go to design software

Overall Figma has been great. There was a minimal learning curve, but we've found a lot of great resources to help us when we get to a sticking point. The commenting feature alone has made getting feedback from clients so much easier.

Pros

Using Figma saved us tons of time and money. Since switching over to Figma we've been able to increase productivity on web-based projects because of features like commenting that allow clients to give us direct feedback on our designs. Figma's free option has been great for us since we are a small team. It has also cut down on the cost of using Sketch and InVision.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to prototype sites in Figma. Since everything is cloud-based there can be issues with connectivity every once in a while, but it is fairly rare.

Its power and weakness is being web-based

Pretty good so far, unless I get to work on huge files.

Pros

Iterates upon Sketch and bring is great collaboration tools and finally fixes the way too long problem of sharing design files and syncing document versions.

Cons

It consumes a lot of resources, in a big design document it does crash or slows down the whole system which can be quite painful at times.

Unbeatable design collaboration

Overall, Figma is an extremely powerful tool that allows for next-level collaboration with teams and users and so much more. It is a world class design tool that competes with the very best of the other options out there. I'd even say it comes out on top of Sketch.

Pros

My overall favorite feature in Figma is the real-time collaboration on design files. This is invaluable to us in collaborating with other designers, product managers, and development teams remotely. The prototyping tools are amazing as well. I have created some pretty complex prototypes and I still haven't reached the full potential of what Figma's prototyping tools can do. The organization features...

Cons

Some features can be a little tricky to learn. Auto-layout, for example, took me a while to get a grasp of and I'm still not sure I have a full understanding of how to use it.

Best Companion for designer.

I'm working for 2+ years with Figma. Before that, my team and I tried a lot of other programs but none of them satisfied us as much as Figma. When it comes to price, comfort, features & flexibility, Figma is by far the best.

Pros

Working together with a huge team in one project simultaneously feels just good and natural. No merging of changes is required. Everything is saved in a cloud so you can access it from everywhere. You also can work from a lot of devices since it only required a web browser.

Cons

I think the presentation mode could be improved. It already has a solid base for interactive design presentations but I wish there would be more options/possibilities in the future

My design love

Pros

- free - there is a community where you can find many useful free layouts - plugins - link access. developers and customers have access to the current version immediately. - auto-layout and variants are my love. speed up work a million times faster - available on any system and don't have to think about saving all the time. - it is also possible to see the layout from a previous time. - I don't need software to create a prototype. - continually improve the product

Cons

Sometimes you have to buy workshops to understand how to integrate new features into your process. That's what I had with variants and auto-layout.

Design and Prototyping tool with very good collaboration features

The Best Design tool for building high and low fidelity products very quickly. My experience with figma is really great because it enabled me to present ideas to the team and also get feedback from then. As a result I can work on the feedback and update the design very easily and share it with developers and clients in single click.

Pros

The most important and useful feature of figma is the collaboration feature where more than one designer can design together. The new feature that figma released known as figjam is an online collaboration whiteboard tool helps every team in brainstorming ideas online. Figma Community files and plugins is my favourite and the most liked feature by many of the designers and product managers as it saves a lot of time in UX and UI design.

Cons

The Design preview feature sometimes is quite confusing for me and also the quality of the design preview and the number of devices available can be much improved in terms of user experience.

Figma for UX Design Daily

Overall, I thought moving to Figma would be very difficult, but it was very easy to get started.

Pros

> Ease of use > Cloud Access > Easy sharing > Multi Platform Support > Works without any app > Low learning curve for starters

Cons

> Frames are difficult to use at times > Cloud components are slow to load at times > Plugin support is limited

Best UI mock up tool available

Figma was easy to sign up for, install, and get started creating high-quality and detailed UI mock-ups. The prototype functionality provides an easy way to define the user experience in addition to just the interface.

Pros

Real-time collaboration, components are easy to work with, prototyping, teams, team level shared assets and colors, simple UI, easy to get started if you’ve ever used a vector design application. Free tier gets the job done when getting started. Plus there’s a whole plug-in market where third-party developers can create plugins for Figma.

Cons

Some of the features are not available in the free tier. Recent changes to the free tier make it less usable for a team, but should only affect teams greater than two if starting out.

The greatest wireframe program for software development

helped get much clear and better wireframes and prototypes with extra great plugins to create great prototypes with beautiful layout in a very easy manner

Pros

very easy to use. nice features and plugins. help me as a product manager create low and high fidelity wireframes and prototype very quickly

Cons

couldn't find any at the moment

One of the best software products on the market

The perfect tool for advanced designers, for marketers, to get things done fast. Institute it in your company and you will not regret it.

Pros

I work as a CMO, Head of Marketing or just as a plain Marketer with people of various skill levels and levels of expectation when it comes to design tools. Figma just happens to be the preferred favourite for people at both ends of the spectrum. Both very advanced and experienced designers and complete beginners enjoy it. It is robust, easy and does not take a lot of computing resources to start up the app or to get things done. Collaborating has been made relatively easy and there are plenty of options. I have found myself working with Figma with people with whom I am on the phone, on Google Meet calls or we just watch each other moving about in Figma and leave comments when we have to say anything. It is a new form of co-working - or rather it is the old thing but it finally works.

Cons

When they start increasing the price of this thing. Watch out. That is the thing to be afraid of - limiting features and raising prices to an unreasonable level. I actually do not want the product to be free but sensibly priced and I am worried it goes down the road of being overpriced by some revenue optimisation geek and overengineered to become slow because too many remote dev teams are working on too many features.

Figma: The Ultimate Design Tool

Figma has grown over the past years to become a fierce competitor in the field of software design. It has incredible collaboration features and offers numerous photo editing, prototyping and plug in capabilities. Personally at my team use Figma for creating a prototype of our apps by visually mapping out the user interface. For a very reasonable 12 USD a month per user, you can create unlimited projects as well as access nifty business features such as custom permissions for users and an unlimited version history. On top of this there are many new updates coming out each month that improve Figma continuously. For me, it is easy to see why I and many of my co workers have switched to Figma.

Pros

From the efficient collaboration to the snappy and responsive user interface, there’s simply so many good things about Figma. To begin with, Figma is a web application which makes it is easily accessible for anyone with internet and a computer. Another benefit of this is that there is no need to install updates and that everything sync automatically every time the page refreshes. Then there is the...

Cons

There are few problems with Figma and many of the previous problems have been eliminated through monthly updates. One problem is that as Figma is relatively new and the plugin system was only implemented late December 2019, the plugins available for Figma are less diverse and abundant, compared to other softwares which have been around for much longer.

Figma finally grows into a suitable Sketch replacement

Figma has grown into a proper design tool rivaling Sketch and XD. It beats Sketch by being available on both Windows, macOS (and probably anything with a modern enough browser) and it definitely beats Adobe XD by having a logical and familiar UI and just working as expected (for some reason I've had troubles with XD every time I tried it).

Pros

Cloud-based, works on both macOS and Windows, very easy to collaborate and/or share design files across the team or to the client. Coming from Sketch, the UI is very similar and I was able to start designing with virtually no adjustment period. From what I understand, interactive components with independent animation states should be released soon in 2021 — that should make Figma a suitable replacement for the Sketch + Principle stack I use currently. Being able to share design documents, animated prototypes and specs within a single service would be a killer-feature.

Cons

Subjectively, on my 2012 Macbook Pro 15-inch with Retina the app may run slower than desired sometimes. Overall can't think of anything in particular that I wouldn't like.

Excellent tool for building beautiful mockups

Figma has quickly become our main UI development tool.

Pros

Figma is really focused on Web UI which sets it apart from generalist tools like Adobe Illustrator. I also really appreciate that it is built as a Web app, making it totally platform-agnostic, unlike industry-standard Sketch which is limited to macOS. A lot of effort has been put into how easily assets can be imported, like for instance how adding SVG objects is only a matter of drag and dropping SVG files directly from the local filesystem. Figma really feels and operates like a native app, with all the benefits of an online service.

Cons

There's very little to dislike about it. I guess the biggest con is that it can be hard to operate in an offline environment.

Figma is an excellent choice for efficient design processes and development handoff

I'm on a UX team for Finance performance solution software. We work on difficult products with lots of unique problems to solve on a daily basis from admin screens to analytics visualizations to bringing excel-like functionality to web-based solutions. Overall, Figma lets us collaborate and work quickly with tight deadlines and agile teams that need to also understand what we are designing.

Pros

Figma is easy to learn, and available on any computer thanks to its web-based capability. Versioning comes in very handy, as well as commenting, sharing, and fairly user-friendly prototyping features. Figma is affordable, but scalable. You can have a very robust UX team utilizing it. It's a user-friendly wireframing and prototyping power house.

Cons

While it's easy to use, there's still a learning curve. I was a Sketch user, and Sketch is still faster to design in. Also, if you want a really complex prototype, it can get tricky. And, having a local version of Figma is still cloud-based. So, working offline will give you limited capability.

Extremely flexible Sketch alternative

I am amazed by Figmas progress and ease of use. The auto-layout feature is ultra-fast in comparison to Sketch and even much more flexible. This paired together with an extensive API makes Figma a great tool for rapid building MVPs and generating sites (and even apps) directly from Figma.

Pros

The speed which Figma is operating is incredible and the possibility to have it working in any browser is great. The best feature at this point the the very advanced auto-layout function and the benefit of seeing fonts rendered actually in a browser - so there come no surprises later at development time.

Cons

Shortcuts and plugins are a bit of a pain. You can not remap shortcuts at this point and plugins can be installed and used, but there is no way of "hiding them" or "deactivating" when not used and the menu list gets way too long.

Incredible

Amazing. Figma has sped up many parts of our design process and enabled non-designers to contribute meaningful feedback more quickly into the design process. It's also enabled team members to quickly create visuals for things that don't require a lot of design oversight (eg. social media visuals). It gives a lot more power than Canva and at a lower price.

Pros

I can't believe software this good is available for free. Figma provides every single feature you need to create great user interfaces, advertisements, documents, and any other design you could possibly want to create completely free. We use the paid version of Figma which allows a large number of collaborators as well as a few other high-end features. While there is a bit of a learning curve, Figma...

Cons

A few challenges have popped up with Figma. First, when you begin collaborating on designs in the cloud, there are times where you end up sharing a file with someone who doesn't have a Figma account. I would be nice if files could be more intuitively shared online with people who don't have a Figma account - especially if those people could drop comment pins on designs. Another con would be that because it is cloud-based software that's doing some pretty heavy lifting, it does tend to be more sluggish than running on-premises software with a high-end computer. That said, it's a minor annoyance and something that's probably worth not having to spend thousands on high-end hardware.

The best tool for UI Design

I started with Figma as a hard user last year, retaking a product designer role after a while of being Design Manager. I preferred Figma or Sketch because the incredible feature of working online with clients and developers. I watched all Figma official tutorial on Youtube and read the documentation and I feel able to give some advice after a year of design several products: Designers has to read the documentation because there is a painful misused of the software in terms of poorly understanding of concepts in components and styles. When you properly use Figma you can boost the speed of the Front-End Development. Not recommended for, even when there are plugins for this: Documentation. Flows or Information Architecture.

Pros

Figma not only allows you to work online with your coworkers, also you have the possibility to add a lot of plugins and use resources offered by the community. Also, the trial version it is very comfortable to test the tool in a way you can be sure of you are choosing the right option for you and your team. Integrations with ZeroWheight to document your UI Kits, make of Figma the best tool in these days to work in teams of any size and develop Design Systems for your brand.

Cons

Maybe it could be a bit expensive for small companies (or freelancers in countries with less incomes like India, or here in Chile) in comparison with Adobe XD or Sketch, but the online feature made it totally worth it. Sometimes has small usability issues and some tools are not easy to be discovered. Also some interface changes are not warning notified and you have to figure out how the change works.

Never expected that design collaboration could be that easy.

Pros

All in one... I moved to Figma for the purpose of design collaboration but as I kept using it I realized it have everything that I need to design a product. From website design to mobile apps I'm all in on Figma. The prototype creation is smooth and the best part above all it kept improvising and understanding all about what we designers as a user want from a design tool.

Cons

Although the prototype creation is smooth but it only allows you to have one main frame on a page. That creates problem for me when creating prototypes for micro interactions. I have to create multiple pages to have multiple prototypes. There are easier ways in terms of experience to fix it and I hope sooner Figma will improve this part too.

Figma should be the industry standard for UX/UI design

As somebody who deals with complex applications, the collaboration and design system capabilities Figma brings to the table is just awesome. I switched from Sketch which covers some of the functionality but it's very hard to create and maintain a design system which mirrors how developers build up interfaces. Figma enables and encourages you to think in components and build and scale a design system as oppose to individual screens. This approach is essential to any product-based business.

Pros

- Collaboration: follow every update in real time. Sharing designs with client? You don't need to worry if they look at the latest updates or not. Collaborating with others on a design? No need to sync or update - it happens in real-time and automatically. - Components: very easy to use components and start to apply an atomic design approach. - Design system-centered thinking: Figma nailed a bunch of tedious and cumbersome design tasks: for example, it was not intuitive to work with layer styles, text styles and colors in Sketch (before I switched to Figma in 2018). In Figma, you can apply a saved color to texts, vector objects - anything. Very easy to work with saved text presets as well - they all built in a way to help you re-use them.

Cons

- The design (UI) of the interface is not so nice :) After 2 weeks I stopped noticing it, but as a designer it bugged me at the beginning. - In some cases it takes time to load. - Figma updates the software regularly which in some cases means a completely new interface - and sometimes not all the updates are very intuitive (though they are iterating pretty rapidly so that's a good thing)

The best of the best

Figma helps us prototype and design much more quickly than ever before. It's extremely helpful in creating results that can be reviewed by stakeholders and legal without much fuss.

Pros

Figma builds off what other similar solutions offer in providing a very simple, easy-to-use interface with both an web-based and app experience that makes it more versatile and useful in my day-to-day work. I also like that Figma does what a lot of other tools don't do: It factors in the importance of content within design.

Cons

Content within design relies on 3rd party plug-ins for Figma. It would be nice to see this functionality built into the app itself.

Best design tool for collaborative work

If there is more than one designer in your team who have to collaborate on the same project, there is no better time to stay in sync and work on the same screens at the same time.

Pros

- Collaborative work in Real-Time - Projects instead of files - Intuitive interface - Software speed - Projects sharing with reviewers - Free plan is enough for small teams

Cons

- Not too many plug-ins (Plug-Ins are quite new feature in Figma and the library is growing!) - Custom fonts are not supported

Just Amazing

Overall experience is just amazing.

Pros

Everything is just amazing. This is one of those softwares where you just enjoy working with. Easy to use... self intuitive and comes very natural. Zero learning curve. Best feature is overlay transition when creating prototypes. Couldn't find this in any other software.

Cons

Only one feature that I'm missing is to replace an instance of component for any other component. There's something similar but not exactly what I'd like to see.

App User Interface Design Made Easy

The overall experience is great. Figma helps me to get font sizes, colors, and functionalities that may not be present in android studio. It makes the user interface design simple when compared with its competitors.

Pros

Figma is a great App user interface design and presentation tool. I like its cloud features which enable me to design online without downloading the software. it also has desktop software that by using the same account as the online version can continue working on your project without interruption. I use Figma to design the user interface of an android app which makes it easy for me to edit and format the screen sizes, custom colors, and font sizes using the software so as to easily generate the prototype or code in XML language to be used in android studio. It is easy to use and install. it can be integrated with many software.

Cons

Many times I feel annoyed using Figma especially using their artboard feature. it is not flexible when it comes to interface elements arrangement. Sometimes it hangs, to zoom the screen and move around as you wish is difficult. The most uncomfortable part is when designing for an android app, Figma developers should make sure that they find a way through which a design on Figma can be easily converted to updated android studio XML code/file without much tweaking.

Great For Prototyping

Figma is a great at its core purpose: designing and prototyping UIs. I prefer it it over Sketch or Envision, and it's basically even with XD in my book. It gives you some vector editing ability for free, too, so it's nice to have when you can't access another program. I would definitely recommend.

Pros

Overall, Figma is great for wireframing, prototyping, and mockups. I really like the way it gives you the CSS for your design, although I haven't used this feature as much as I originally thought I would. The ability to easily share assets across the team is great, too, and it's nice to have a OS agnostic piece of software unlike Sketch.

Cons

I am so used to Adobe shortcuts in Illustrator and Photoshop that I'll find myself trying to use them in Figma and doing things I don't mean to do like switching tabs. It is also limited in its ability edit vectors, so if I have big edits I still opt for Illustrator and then bring it back into Figma when I'm done.