TutorBird

Tutor management solution for private teachers & centers

TutorBird Reviews

Amy S.

This software is exactly what I was looking for. It's super easy to use, has a great interface and parents and tutors are extremely happy with it.

Karen N.

I can set different prices based on different groups I run, which is super helpful. I love that there are auto emails that generate to remind students of their sessions and invoices.

Tricia H.

Cons

The only downside for me is that I couldn't integrate the accounting software I was already using - Xero.

Rochelle E.

Sometimes getting around on the website and figuring out where everything is or what it’s used for can be difficult.

Kelly B.

I am having a hard time thinking of any type of con.

CYNTHIA D.

4.8

Loving the this new operating system

A breath of fresh air. It has made scheduling, invoicing so much easier. My staff loves that it is cell phone friendly. My manager can't stop raving how much she loves Tutor Bird more than what we had.

Pros

It was easy to learn. It is easy to use and very clear. I love that the parents and students and staff all have their own log-in. I like the simple way to create invoices and get paid. I really like that we were able to incorperate Zoom with this operating system. It really caters to an educational platform. So much better then the system I was previously using. I'm so happy I came across this company. I also truly like the customer service. I was going to go with another company before I found Tutor Bird but left them due to bad customer service. I was so pleased when I found Tutor Bird and their great customer service. Also there are other really good features that I haven't even tapped into. I can't wait till I learn and use all of the functions of Tutor Bird.

Cons

That we have to use Zoom. Some of the other companies already had a white board type instructional base on their sites. Hopefully in the future Tutor Bird will develope a remote type classroom.

Excellent Software

Excellent.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me and responded to my questions quickly. The software itself is great. They also have support documentation on their website for many questions. I am actually trying to set up a courses business on it to teach online live lessons rather than tutoring. I looked at other software products for teaching online live courses and some are pretty greedy when you read the fine prints. And some are not meant for live courses but for recorded courses. Tutorbird is straight up easy to use ,and I believe priced fairly and scalable, especially for a start-up in the educational market.

Cons

There are some limitations like not being able to remove some tabs, not controlling the color of the inside Portal, and not being able to make actual lessons connect as one course because the software itself is for a tutoring business not a course business. There are limited YouTube tutorials, but I personally feel okay reading the documentation. Overall, I think the good features outweigh the limitations.

Okay! product Software

Pros

Was easy to use and manage my clients, received payment in an instant of a secound via Paypal.

Cons

There website built integration was poorly, a basic feature.

The best value I could find

Tutorbird has helped us automate so many administrative tasks that we can now focus our efforts on improving the quality of our courses to our students and growing our business. It has become an integral part of our company and my only regret is that we haven't started using it earlier.

Pros

Complex features but not too complex to learn A responsive support team Provides flexibility for various types of tutoring agencies, admin or tutor managed. Easy to change, move or edit appointments with auto email reminders and free sms reminders which can be turned on or off by students. Auto invoicing with professional email templates makes month end really easy and reduces a ton of admin. Your...

Cons

Lesson material dont have a read-only option and students can download it at their discretion. You can't add your own branding to your student and user profiles. You can upload receipts and expenses to archive and add to expenses.

So far, very happy with the platform

Overall, my experience with TutorBird has so far been very positive! I was nervous about switching to a new platform, but so far it's been working for my business.

Pros

I love the fact that TutorBird is tailored to tutoring services! It understands that the invoice recipient can be the parent, but that the session should be booked for the child. I also love that it connects the invoicing directly with the scheduling, as this is something that was missing for me when I was using a different scheduling platform.

Cons

I wish the students would be able to book sessions themselves, directly from our website, as the scheduling aspect takes a bit of time.

Great system overall!

Pros

The calendar is so easy to use for all of our tutors and the reminder system is fantastic. Also, invoicing is extremely easy now.

Cons

The transition from our old system to Tutorbird was a little tedious, but the customer support made it a lot easier.

Meets my needs

TutorBird has been wonderful. I recommend TutorBord all the time to my colleagues!

Pros

I love Tutor Bird because all of my families have access to the calendar and documents that I have provided on the portal. I love having the ability to upload files to their specific account and give them a place to house all their important information regarding their child's progress and bench marks. I also love that families have the ability to pay through the portal and reschedule appointments as needed.

Cons

I wish that I had the ability to make forms that my clients could read and sign.

A great piece of software for the organised teacher!

I wanted something that could grow with me and this is exactly what TutorBird have provided. They are always on hand to help but there are so many hints and tips that you do not really need to get hold of them!

Pros

There are many reasons why I love TutorBird - personable - can add your own logo / pricing etc - easy to use almost all of the elements of the software - The way in which invoicing can be automatic - You can link it with your own website!

Cons

To be honest, there isn't much I don't like about it! The only thing I would love to see them do is make it into an app so I can access it on the go!

Fantastic Functionality and Fantastic Value!

I've had a great experience so far, and I look forward in the future to being able to take on larger client loads than I was able to manage in the past because I will be spending less time on admin and more time on actual teaching! :-)

Pros

I love that this software has specific customizations for tutoring business. It's clear that the developers of this software have worked as tutors themselves and know exactly what sort of information and features are important to tutors. The functionality is fairly flexible and can accommodate to many sorts of business models.

Cons

The software has a bit of a steep learning curve at first, but this is somewhat to be expected with any sort of registration and scheduling software. In addition, there are a few nuanced sorts of scheduling customization that I think would be nice to have implemented in a future deployment of the software, but these are mostly due to my particular desires more than they are due to any sort of flaw in TutorBird. For the vast majority of the things I do, TutorBird works very well and is fairly hands-off on my end, which is great.

Get your life back with Tutorbird!

My experience has been absolutely amazing. The team has been super fast at responding to any technical issues that I experienced, and the easy of use and value of money means that I keep on recommending it to others.

Pros

I love that this software is an all-in-one solution for my tutoring business. From individual pricing, managing pre-payments, automation of invoicing and reminders, online portal for parents and students... this software does it all. It sends out reminders to students and parents about lessons, and it has given me my life back!

Cons

I would like the option for upcoming appointments to be displayed in the monthly invoice.

Time saving scheduling and invoicing

It is very easy to set up my tutoring schedule for repeated weekly sessions. It is easy to cancel a session as well as to add extra sessions. Takes me a few seconds. Or even better, students can access my calendar to cancel or book their own. Also, the invoicing is very easy. Even though I've been using the product for a few years, I still feel joy at how easy and quick it is to invoice all my families. I like that I have been able to add my logo to the invoices and to customize the communication with my families. Also, I like that they send out birthday wishes!

Pros

The ease of sending out invoices. It used to take me ages but with this software I can do it in about a minute! I also love the ease of scheduling students. I love that I can send reminders by both email and text and my students and their parents love that too. I love that tutorbird helped me set up a website so students can cancel or book sessions easily.

Cons

After I create the invoices I have to click on each one to email it to my families. I wish I could just click a button to email all new invoices at once. I also wasn't thrilled that you changed the name of the company. Tutorbird just sounds odd to me. I liked myschoolbooks better.

Helps me manage every part of my tutoring business!! : ) <3 ***

I will be with TutorBird as long as I have an tutoring business!

Pros

There are so many great things about TutorBird that I love! To start, it's a calendar based platform that set up similarly to google calendar so it was an easy transition to start using. There are so many facets that I love but one of the biggest differences is their customer service. I can leave them a voice mail or ticket and they get back to me and help solve my question(s) right away and make me feel like family! The tools that I use daily include: calendar, taking attendance, student profiles and contact info, billing, creating make up lessons, using it for payroll hours/clocking in function with my tutors, a website where I create a sign up for new clients, and so much more!!

Cons

There are a just a few things that I don't like about the software but they are definitely not a deal breaker. 1. It's not intuitive and there is a learning curve but customer service is so helpful that it's never daunting or overwhelming. 2. There have to be multiple steps/boxes checked to do one thing. For instance, to set up billing for a new client: I have to link student to a tutor, create...

I couldn't live without TutorBird

I love that the scheduler synchs with my Google calendar. I don't have to remind students about upcoming lessons anymore, as Tutorbird automatically does that for me. It also automatically sends out invoices and even "nags" parents who don't pay on time with a polite "overdue invoice" reminder email. It collects payments by credit card or direct deposit into my bank account. It keeps lesson records...

Pros

TutorBird makes running my tutoring business so much easier and more professional. I use it for scheduling, invoicing, online payments, keeping records and contact information on my students, sending lesson notes, sending out email and text reminders of upcoming sessions, etc. It's a one-stop shop for all my needs. I started with a free trial and quickly realized I couldn't live without it and would gladly pay the monthly fee. I'm part of a tutoring support group on Facebook made up of thousands of tutors from around the world and I'm always singing the praises of TutorBird to the others wanting solutions for their scheduling, invoicing, and online payment needs.

Cons

Nothing. I love it all. I don't use their website builder because I already had a website, so I can't speak to that.

All in one

I came upon it by chance as it was time to renew my existing management tool. Having the opportunity to have the trial period allowed me to have a real view of what was on offer and I could clearly see that it fit my expectations and more. The students are really excited about using it and have had no trouble using it. The fact that they don't have to download an app is a plus as some people are a bit sceptical about doing so. The teachers too have been very motivated to use it and now that we have gone online, I can quickly see what is going on.

Pros

It allows us to manage many of the schools tasks and automate some of the processes saving a lot of time. The student can keep track of their attendance and payments. For an online language school like ours it is a great tool. I only wish I had found out about it sooner.

Cons

Until all the data is in there it takes a little while to get things automated, but once it is set up, it works like a dream. So pleased to have come across this. Will save me so much time and headaches.

Best Software for Teachers/Tutors Around the World

I started using Tutorbird before it was renamed Tutorbird :) and I love it! I live in the Caribbean, Jamaica, so I was pretty happy when I was able to locate a program that is available to me. This is one of the best software I have ever used. It is soooo easy to use. Since my first day of using the software, I have not had the need to go to the HELP section. I have definitely recommend this products to friends in the teaching field and I will continue to do so. Thank you Tutorbird.

Pros

The feature that made me subscribe was the invoicing - I love the fact that I can set a reminder for payments to be made. I also appreciate the calendar feature as the parent or myself is able to schedule the tutee for their session easily. Overall I love the accessibility and how easy it is to use for both myself and my parents/tutees.

Cons

For me, I would love to see a grade book. I believe this would provide my parents and tutees with results and or comments in live time. Also, a payment plan option would be nice for accessibility to parents to choose from, especially when they sign up/register. I normally have to modify the student payment option a lot and it takes a lot of time and calculating.

An asset to my business

Pros

I wanted a one stop shop for my business and Tutorbird has been the best solution I have found. There are areas for improvement but the team are very responsive to suggestions and regular updates are offered. What do I like most? For me scheduling is important and the option to produce professional invoices and offer parents a view to their account has been invaluable. Everything for my customer is transparent and there is an option to communicate through one channel, which is great. My accounting system in on there but I have yet to submit my taxes as yet so cannot comment on their suitability for that. A fantastic decision was made when I committed to use tutorbird for my business.

Cons

Some tweaks in the system regarding charges for group sessions I also would like an input of number of weeks for invoicing rather than dates. In addition, I would like an option to add notes that are not attached to a particular session for a student. Is there an option for that? At the moment you can add weekly notes but they have to be put in when logging attendance or they are attached to a session. I want something standalone. Could I also add another business set of accounts so that I have one place to go to?

A small but powerful platform

It is cost efficient but versatile platform to manage students. It has almost all functions you need no matter you tutor by yourself or manage many tutors. If the platform can provide more flexible payroll method and work closely with Zoom, it will be even better.

Pros

It can send notification to my students via both email and text. I like the free text function especially because now the day people don't use email much. I also like the quick response of the feedback. I notify a bug to them and it is fixed in the weeks. Excellent support. The calendar management is great and it is easy to track the event. student can also upload their work and download the resource we provide online.

Cons

there are some functions are missing. Such as tutor cannot mark student's homework which is uploaded to the platform. Tutor should be given a way to upload the marked work. The payroll method shall be more flexible. For the zoom meeting, it can only like to personal meeting room. It cannot like to specific meeting to a specific event.

Saves me time every month

Initially I rejected this software because when I looked at the tutorials it didn't answer many of the questions I had. The tutorials focussed on the aspects of the software that need no explanation e.g. how to fill out a student form. I decided to try it based on comments in tutor forums where tutors explained the key features that are of benefit to a tutor. Once I started using it I found the UI unintuitive but the customer support was responsive and this meant that I persevered with the set up. This software has automated several aspects of my tutoring business and saved me significant time each monthing on invoicing. It is very useful and at the time I was looking there seemed nothing else that gave the basic calendar/auto-invoicing features.

Pros

Autogenerating invoices from calendar Keeping track of the financial situation with each student. Sending lesson reminders. Customer support is quick and helpful.

Cons

UI feels dated and I did not find it intuitive. Calendar integration is one-way. "How to" videos were not that helpful when I first looked at the software. Lack of reporting tools that I am aware of - they might be there....?

Has made things so much easier!

Have always had excellent, personal, helpful and prompt responses to any queries.

Pros

Scheduling, automated invoicing, uploading documents, integrated website, financial reports, integrates with PayPal and Google Calendar. I didn't have an existing system. I used spreadsheets, my own calendar and manually created PayPal invoices.

Cons

As I set lessons up for six months, you need to be mindful that any changes may inadvertently impact other lessons, especially if you set up recurring on multiple days. Formatting the font on the website was a little tricky to get right. Would be useful if lesson times on the invoice reflected time zone of students, but still allow payment in GBP. My students are all Chinese, a translation service would be helpful to them.

Easy admin and financial tracking

A good experience, probably has more functions than I need or know about but it makes everything very very easy!

Pros

This is very user friendly, it’s easy to plan your calendar, send invoices, input mileage, link in expenses and payments

Cons

When you stop seeing a client it doesn’t take away their mileage and this is a royal pain in the bottom! Surely if the client ends and you Mark it this way their mileage should too?

Techno phobe friendly

Overall, the application is easy to use for scheduling and planning, payments and tracking, keeping clients informed and on track. Love it.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility of the product. I love the fact that I can assign an administrator to select clients to send marketing info to, as this saves me the time and effort. As a techno phobe, anything that can be assigned to admin is a benefit. Tracking of payments, lessons, notifications are all well structured to client and owner.

Cons

This is a tricky one to answer, as there isn't anything that I don't like, or even least like. It really suits me in every way.

All in one tutoring management app

I like that I can use it as an app on my phone for quick access

Pros

I like the attendance and the post notification to parents the most because I use this on a daily basis and it is very easy to use

Cons

I have not ome to any road blocks yet.

Streamlining and Time Saving Help

Tutorbird is great at notifying all of our team about new bookings and cancellations. We like that we can customize Tutorbird to support our companies needs and the needs of our clients.

Pros

Tutorbird has really helped our team save time and energy. We have been able to give parents the freedom to cancel and book appointments which has provided our administrative team with the ability to focus on other important duties. In addition, we had previously spent hours creating invoices for each client, one at a time lesson by lesson....this took hours. Now, thanks to Tutorbird, a time consuming dreaded task is now a quick and easy process.

Cons

There is a small glitch in the system with invoices. The system takes a guess that a current invoice is paid based on the fact that it exceeds the invoice total that was received after the invoice date. When this happens we then have to mark the current invoice as unpaid manually, which can be hard to keep track of.

Can't imagine how we managed without it!

We have come to rely on it to help us during a turbulent year in business due to covid-19. Reduced admin time needed to organise class lists (which are constantly evolving), easy communication with staff and students, and professional student portal accessible via our website for student enrolments and timetable checking.

Pros

The auto-reminder feature has almost completely eliminated no-shows (which are costly), and reduced our admin load. No more chasing people up by phone and text, or sending manual reminders. Also, tutors can easily see what is planned for them each week.

Cons

Like anything, it takes time to learn a new system, so it seemed difficult at first - until I compared it with another system which was very convoluted. The effort put into learning it at first has saved a lot of time in the subsequent months.

Tutor Bird has helped my new business tremendously. Before Tutor Bird I was using my email calendar and a notebook to track my appointments and payments. Each week I'm expanding my usage by creating email templates, experiment with the student portal and signing up for the free Paypal Pro. In the coming weeks I plan on integrating my website (once it is up and running) on to Tutor Bird as well. The fact that this is a Canadian company make me even happier!

Pros

What I love most about Tutor Bird is the organization of the platform. As a new user it was easy to input information about my student's, business expenses and teaching schedule.

Cons

For billing purposes, I would like to be able to separate invoices on family accounts. All the payments are amalgamated together in the family account. Sometimes I get confused as to which family member is up to date or not based on the balance on the account (especially when different rates for each student is applied). The option to lump the students/payments together or separate them on the Family Invoices section, would be helpful.