All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

KPMG Spark

Online bookkeeping specifically aimed at small businesses

KPMG Spark Reviews

Reviews Summary

Desmond T.

William H. M.

Read the full review

Cons

Unforeseen problems: The "view only" access to my (personal) bank accounts triggered major problems. That second username triggered all my lined accounts to be unlinked and auto-payments stopped.

Joanne L.

Read the full review
I have all the emails to corroborate this story and ultimately, I had to go to my credit card company which disputed the charges and refunded my money.

Kenny B.

Read the full review
Had one of the worst experience with them, using their bookkeeping and tax filing services.

Sumit S.

Read the full review

I travel for a living and Bookly has made running my business bookeeping accounting easier.

Switching over to Bookly allowed me to gain more control over the creative part of my business because I don't have to work hard at the books or put it off until later. My accounts are integrated to upload automatically. I answer the questions bookkeepers have for me. I just review the work. It's like having a person in the office doing the work without having to hire someone. You might think just...

Pros

I am a longtime Mac user. Quickbooks integration has been troublesome and lacking updates or options. Bookly software is a non-issue. I can get the reports I need and if I have questions I can have quick access to knowledgeable staff that is eager to help. Hiring Bookly was a major stress relief.

Cons

There are elements of QuickBooks that I miss like having an app. What I realize I get without the app is made up for in customer service and staff access.

Not for everyone. Software and Support are excellent, but not geared to my business needs.

First, it's not only software, there is a person at the company that is assigned to you and knowledgable about your account. It helped me to get on top of my finances and get them organized. However, it's more for business and does not meet my needs. I switched to managing budgets and transactions at YNAB.

Pros

What I liked most was that I had a dedicated bookkeeper that I could work with, who was available and accessible. The software and communications process was easy. I didn't wast time trying to track anyone down. Response times are great. Everyone was easy to talk to and to work with. Polite, helpful, and responsive.

Cons

My "business" is low transaction with over fewer than 10 bank accounts. One account is a business account, the others (linked) are personal accounts. The issues I ran into are: 1) I needed reports by each of the accounts, that was not easily generated by bookly, my dedicated person had to do it manually. It was wonderful that they did, but it wasn't always correct (because it needed a lot of info...

Online Accounting

Overall it is one of the best software i use. KPMG Spark makes my daily work pleasant.

Pros

KPMG Spark is suitable for me. It makes my job easier. it helps me to do daily tasks. I like that it gives me real-time visibility into incomes and expenses.

Cons

The software needs some trainings to use perfectly. It is a bit complicated. But on the other hand it's very functional.

Bookly charged me for services I never used.

Nothing but pain.

Pros

The software and concept are good but the company does not conduct itself professionally. They made assurances that they could come up with a solution but ultimately, they failed to do so and still wanted me to pay.

Cons

I received a trial subscription from Bookly and started working with some of their personnel. The staff were very friendly but were not knowledgable enough to figure out the complexity of my needs. Note that my needs were not that complicated. After trying to find a workable solution for me, they deemed I needed to use their partner software named Xero. After multiple attempts and phone conferences,...

Ideal Accounting solution for small businesses

We can quickly see the monthly results of our business activities and make corrections in our business model much quicker than we were when we posted to QuickBooks and submitted the results to our account after the close of the quarter. It often would take them another 3 months to product our final reports, which put us behind in making needed corrections to keep our business profitable and growing at the rate we had forecasted.

Pros

We were please to be introduced to KPMG Bookly team at eBay Open this past summer. We had been planning to either go with QuickBooks Enterprise or Go Daddy Accounting for our new eCommerce business. With Bookly we not only have a software package to handle our accounting but a personal bookkeeper to make sure we are posting our accounting data correctly. We the other solutions we were considering, there was no personal interface, and we still would have had to hire an accountant to review our results after the fact. While we are fairly versed in sound accounting practices, it is great to have a bookkeeper looking over our shoulder to make sure we are consistently following the best practices for our accounting.

Cons

We would like to see a checklist added to Bookly to ensure we are consistently entering the required data for each aspect of our business each and every month.

Amazing Bookly staff are kind an accurate

Accuracy Financial Intelligence monthly budget planning It really helps us be sure of where all our money is going !

Pros

They help my small business improve daily ! Every-time I call they are more than willing to help me take my business to the next level.

Cons

NO CONS Bookly is a asset to my company we love bookly ! I'am sure if you test drive bookly you will be happy as well .

This is a service I use and suggest to others

Keep my books straight and my taxes on time.

Pros

A professional tool with great features. They do my bookkeeping and my taxes with minimal effort on my part.

Cons

Was clunky in the past. They do not provide advice.

Great service

Great experience. Good people to work with.

Pros

Fast and easy to get your up to date reports as soon as the day, week, month, or quarter ends.

Cons

The graph hasn’t been working very well.

Trusted Support

Time, time, time and peace of mind.

Pros

Frees me up like never before. Once the initial work of getting accounts synced up was done, the rest is automatic. Account representative then takes good care of me.

Cons

Doesn't fit on my laptop screen perfectly. I have to shift slightly left or right. That's my only con.

Easy Reliable service

Pros

I like that I can know at any time how my business is doing. Everything is updated in real time and very easy to use. The payments are monthly and very reasonable. Super easy and helpful for Tax preparation.

Cons

I am really satisfied with this service, at the last 2 years I am using it.

Alas...I've been saved!!!!`

As a restaurant owner, I have no time (literally if i want to sleep!) to input all my sales/spending info so at the end of the month I can see where all my money went! This company syncs up to your bank account, gets your sales data and inputs everything so that I can see in one shot where my money is actually going and where I could use some help! Everyone that works over there has been so patient...

Pros

It's so easy to use and I love that we text back and forth!

Cons

I think it's more personal, but I do wish they would send me a text or an email when they ask me questions...otherwise I guess I need to just get into the habit of checking it more habitually!

Amazing Serice

I’m having an Amazing experience wiht Bookly! If you’re looking for bookkeeping for your business, this is the best service that’s out there, and you can’t beat the price for the value they provide which is really a lot of value. They actually should charge more for the service, but I don’t mind paying the current fees. However, I’m sure they’ll increase the price in the future as that’s normal for any business. Do yourself a favor and go ahead and get started NOW. You’ll thank yourself later, as you’ll more time to do what you do best in your own business.

Pros

Easy to use as the service connects directly to your account. Weekly emails regarding your P&L Easy to reach your accountant. Affordable price. Amazing support. There’s so much more, I don’t have much time to list everything.

Cons

I don’t have any cons for Booky. The service has been so Amazing, I actually don’t have any cons.

Bookly Makes Books Easy! I dreaded using other programs because I'm not the best with numbers.

Saved time by not spending hours trying to figure things out. Saved money not buying upgrades over and over for software that is too difficult to use. Saved my sanity by knowing that my books are correct at all times and having access to a real accountant everyday.

Pros

Automated and easy to keep up with monthly instead of waiting until the end of the year! Having a knowledgable accountant at my beck and call makes me feel confident that what I'm doing is correct always, and if I have a questions it is easily and quickly answered. I hated using other software programs like the one that just stopped supporting the version I was using because they want me to pay for...

Cons

Awesome easy way to handle horrible tedious but necessary accounting chores! It's fast and easy!

Peace of mind that things are do correctly, accurately, and my taxes will be done easily. Confidence in the abilities of the accountants, and that helps me rest assured. Time - I spend less time trying to figure out software I don't understand, and more time enjoying my life.

Pros

The "ask your accountant" feature. It makes it easy for me to ask about confusing expense categories. I also love that my accountant can ask me about things that are unclear to her too. I also love the simplicity of the software and how easy it is to use, download transactions directly from my bank, and upload receipts. It makes seeing the big picture easier. I've used it for nearly a year now, and...

Easy to manage appointments

I have been maintaining business meeting with clients.

Pros

It provides an automatic tool for booking schedule with clients. We never worry to miss any meeting schedule. I always get touch with my business client through notification popup. We can easily add it to WordPress. It also saves my time and money.

Cons

It should show the previous schedule which we missed anyhow. I would like to more enhancements in GUI.

Good booking system but lacks some basic functions

Great for scheduling and booking.

Pros

This is a simple to using booking program that you can upgrade with add-ons. It is super easy to use and allows you to keep track of appointments.

Cons

It tends to get very glitchy and as wordpress updates, they don't release patches as quickly as they probably should. If you email customer service, they do respond, but sometimes it takes a while to get a response.

Value is worth the cost

The value is 100% worth the cost. Bookly's accounting software isn't as high speed as as quickbooks. However, they make it up with their customer support. The cost of bookkeeping from Bookly is best I've seen on the market.

Pros

It is simple and user friendly.

Cons

I am not able to upload my own transactions VIA a CSV file. And the limited amount of reports the software is able to generate.

Keeps Me Aware

Pros

I love that it syncs with my bank and on a weekly and monthly basis I know exactly what went on with my revenue. This allows me time to work on my business and not in it all the time.

Cons

Nothing to say at this time . I'm very pleased with this software.

Great Tool For Small Business

Pros

Functionality and Ease of Setup for businesses

Cons

Banking Integration and Security of tools when using with mult-factor authentication

Bookkeeping Software For All

Pros

This software is fantastic. I used it under the original name (Bookly) and have been a customer ever since. What the business is doing is wonderful and you can't ask for better customer service. You work with a specific account manager that helps you with any and all bookkeeping issues.

Cons

The software is in its early stage and is improving. Some features you want added may take a little time, but rest assured it will happen.

Game Changer

Pros

Spark makes it easy for me to focus on my customers and not spending my time worried about keeping order of my books. The staff is super helpful and always available to answer any random question I may have about how my money is flowing.

Cons

I Don't have anything that I would list as a con. Thank you Spark for letting me focus on whats important.

Great support

Pros

Organizing Expenses, support for bookkeeping. Helpful staff. User Interface, Connection to my bank accounts

Cons

I would love to have a better month to month comparison. And year to year too in that sense. thank you

I am in BOOKKEEPING Heaven!

I can use Bookly.co with ease without wasting a ton of hours learning to navigate it and did I mention that it is very reasonable?

Pros

The ease to use and it did not take hours for me to learn to use and navigate. These were very important to me.

Cons

- Revamp the ability to add milage because the one entry at a time is brutal. - If customer using tax service, then ability to ADD other expense totals i.e. TAX INFORMATION and under it categories (W2: ____, Cash Donation Total: _____, Student Loan: ___) - Files ADD categories i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017 so we can group files together by the year not when it was uploaded.

Bookly's Amazing!

I use Bookly for my growing startup and I love it! I spend about a half hour/week viewing reports and making sure everything's classified correctly but for the most part it runs itself and I don't have to touch the bookkeeping, which is exactly how I want it. Communication with my bookkeeper is SUPER easy! I just send them a message through the service and they're very fast at responding. When my...

Awesome Accounting for Small Business

I love KPMG Spark, it makes doing a mundane job that you don't want to do easier, faster and most of all accurate!

Pros

The projects feature that was recently added allows a user to break down the financial data for a specific project or cost center. In our case this was most helpful in determining which trips were most or least profitable. Which in turn would make it easier to identify problems with our marketing strategy. This software is awesome.

Cons

The linking of accounts is good too, but when I change the password (maybe because I've been prompted to) I have to go in to the software to relink it - not that it's a big deal, but my bank makes us change our login every 90 days. Just a pain that's all.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.