KPMG Spark Logo

KPMG Spark

Online bookkeeping specifically aimed at small businesses

KPMG Spark Reviews

4.5

How would you rate KPMG Spark?

Pros

What the business is doing is wonderful and you can't ask for better customer service. You work with a specific account manager that helps you with any and all bookkeeping issues.

The graphics are fabulous and my favorite feature by far. Having a bookkeeper and customer support that you can reach out to at anytime with questions is phenomenal.

SL

Stephanie L.

They are wonderful to work with, really know what they're doing and have an amazing work ethic, while still managing to be calm, friendly and relaxing to work with.

RW

Rebecca W.

Cons

Unforeseen problems: The "view only" access to my (personal) bank accounts triggered major problems. That second username triggered all my lined accounts to be unlinked and auto-payments stopped.

Joanne L.

Plus they have a gap in their tax filing process, but they would not own up to it. It has cost me more than IRS fees due to their oversight and mistake.

SS

Sumit S.

Delay times in updates, I have to input info that is needed sometimes which is kinda inconvenient.

GS

GREGORY S.

Book Keeping at Its Best

Bookly is great. The support is amazing. The time commitment was more than I expected, but my finances get a little complicated at times.

Pros

The software is very interactive, with chat functionality and followup. It also is a one stop shop for all of the financing and tax / ledger tracking.

Cons

The software doesn't really tell you when your connections have been lossed to your financial institutes. You won't know until you login and go to the accounts page.

Veteran Customer - Continual Improvement in Software

I have been with Bookly since it was TaxAlli back in 2012/2013. I love the Customer Support and responsiveness above all. To be honest, the software itself has some kinks to work out in the transactions and reporting side. The service and convenience more than compensate for the progress the product still has to make. At the end of the day, I'm a single member LLC, and I love that this is a company I can trust to do my accounting and taxes. I have a really clear view of where my money is going across accounts, and when I do need a custom report, I get it fairly quickly.

Cons

Setup was quick and professional. For a small fee, they even reconstructed the previous two years.

A reminder of why I need to use your system to solicit testimonials in the future.

Pros

In addition to being comprehensive, it is completely intuitive. There is effectively nothing to learn in order to be up and operating as soon as your accounts are linked.

Cons

Very Helpful. As a start-up, we need all the help we can get, especially with financial things.

financial organization, everything in one place, friendly service, company that can handle us now matter how small we are or how big we become.

Pros

Easy to understand and intuitive. I like the fact that each expense and income source can be categorized.

Awesome product

Pros

This plugin offers us the ability to allow our customers to order and pay for our services online. Scheduling an appointment for our services and paying online were two of the things we wanted to automate most on our site. We tried several different plugins but none would let us achieve this so perfectly as Bookly did. The products just works!

Cons

I would like to see improvements in the receipt and follow up emails to customers and staff. They are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Hoping they improve this functionality.

Great Company!

When I first started my business, I tried to do the accounting on my own. Needless to say, after a short time I was in over my head. I shopped around and found Bookly and have never looked back. From their price to their customer service, I have never once felt like I wasn't being taken care of. I would recommend to anyone who needs online accounting to look no further. Go with Bookly!

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive and never down for maintenance.

Cons

Nothing that I have experienced so far.

Very Efficient Bookkeeping

It's been 7 months with Bookly and so far I'm pleased with the service and the cost. The website is easy to use and the information detail makes it quick to find what you're looking for. Having a business and personal tax preparation included in the low fee is far better than the 4 previous bookkeeping services I've used. The value is unbeatable with the Bank of America discount.

Pros

It's easy to use from your smartphone or computer.

Cons

The desktop site isn't a Responsive Web Design that fits all screens, you have to scroll horizontally to view all your data.

Excellent bookkeeping website that helps keep my small business humming .

Pros

Its soooo easy to use and run reports. It almost runs itself. One click and you can run and print an important financial report in 10 seconds or less

Cons

I wish there was a cash flow report that could be run as easily as a balance sheet. Also the Barclays Mastercard does not sync so constantly have to send in hard copies on excel to have actual person input the data.

Great Graphics

Fabulous bookkeeping service!

Pros

I really love how easy it is to know what's going on with my accounts, and outstanding invoices. The graphics are fabulous and my favorite feature by far! Having a bookkeeper and customer support that you can reach out to at anytime with questions is phenomenal! Great service!

Cons

Some things aren't as intuitive as I would hope but they do seem to be getting better each week, so there must be a great tech team at work continually designing because each month the features seem to improve.

Best Investment I've Made since opening my Biz!

This year I feel a huge stress relief, the anxiety of getting my taxes done, finding a dependable accountant, not being charged for bad bookeeping, words can't describe how happy I am with my experience with KPMG SPARK!

Pros

I think what makes this software work are the accountants assigned to work with you. They are amazing at getting your businesses finances organized without the drama.

Cons

I wish I could approve access for my accountant to link to my financial accounts so that I didn't have to upload, download, statements, etc.

I love how Bookly connects directly to my bank and organizes my spending accordingly. The dashboard is streamlined and easy to understand as well. Customer services is usually pretty fast.

Cons

Bookly gives me more confidence and peace of mind

I can rely on bookly. When I speak with my business advisor and she asks for some data, I can turn to bookly and they will provide it in no time. I love that

Pros

I love the software but the live support is unmatched

Cons

So far I love it but I think knowing more details about how our business runs and creating more loop holes for tax savings would be best

Give Up Your Headaches!

Bookly has made our lives so much better. No more spending hours on end at the end of the year trying to pull together lists of expenses paid throughout the year. With a few minutes a month, Bookly and the awesome accountants there make bookkeeping simple and easy. I link my accounts directly and almost like magic the month is summed up for me in record time. I don't think we could go any longer without Bookly managing our very small business books! It gives us so much more time to dedicate to building our business and enjoying our lives. Bookly takes the stress out of tedious jobs that no one really enjoys!

Pros

Ease of use! Accuracy of categories and simplicity of linking accounts!

Cons

The price (we are so small it's hard to handle). Having to write notes to the accountant instead of putting in the categories myself -where I know they should go.

Best bang for your buck

I only wish I would have heard about this company sooner. Having payroll and bookkeeping in one area for a low price is not only saving money but the level of service is great as well. This is definitely an exception to the rule of "you get what you pay for". You definitely get more that what you pay for. I've only been using them for a short time but I do not see myself going anywhere else.

KMPG Spark/Bookly is a Powerful Small Business Tool

Pros

I am a small business owner, and the financial/accounting side of things are not my strong suit. KMPG has been extremely helpful with their Bookly service. I love the ability to text them a question through my phone and get a detailed answer back quickly.

Cons

Their software is constantly improving, but at the moment it's a little bit of a work-in-progress when it comes to design and ease of use compared to some of their competitors.

Best decision for my company

I knew I was getting in over my head and needed a partner so I could focus on my growing business. Bookly is that partner for me. I know I'm in good hands and they take care of my bookkeeping, have a CPA for my regulatory questions, and offer payroll to set me up with confidence for future growth. Do yourself a favor and partner with them today so you can focus on what do what you do best too.

Pros

Easy to use and the support team is great

Cons

Looking forward to a few. New features in the billing module

In's and Out's

Pros

This simple software helps a small business tracks it expenses and revenue easily. Also it helped us send out invoices easily so we can get paid.

Cons

The fact that they had 3 plans made it a little hard to pick the right one, maybe I am just too indecisive.

Great product that I would recommend to others.

Ease of use.

Pros

Quick access to reporting, whereas before, I had to email my bookkeeper and wait for several days before I could get the same reports. Also is something is miscategorized, there is easily functionality to recategorize the expense.

Cons

Sometimes there is some lead time to get questions/issues resolved. This has improved as both my bookkeeper Dora and myself have gotten accustomed to our needs.

Extremely slow service, after 12 months had to hire a cpa to Fox all the errors

None

Pros

Cons

I had a very unpleasant experience. From the get go they were behind by several months. My numbers were never correct. I finally had to hire a cpa to get it all fixed and was told I would receive a refund. True to their form, I never received that refund and they stopped answering my emails. Extremely disappointing service.

It has been helpful to have consistent bookkeeping that I don't need to worry about.

Peace of mind.

Pros

It's very user-friendly and easy to pull up reports that I want. Easy to fix any bookkeeping mistakes etc.

Cons

Customer service is rarely quick to respond and I often have to email a couple times to get a response if they don't respond immediately. My accountant got my taxes done but he didn't ask any questions to help me get the best return and/or write offs/depreciation. I don't know these details so being able to connect with him would be more helpful. I won't do my taxes through Bookly again.

The team at booky has been friendly, accessible, and extremely helpful.

Pros

As a small business owner with very little accounting experience, it's nice to have someone who knows what they're doing keeping an eye on things without having to hire an accountant.

Cons

It's somewhat expensive, but not too expensive for the services provided. Also, it would be nice to be notified more regularly when there are questions about the account.

KPMG SPARK

I have had trouble finding a good cpa and book keeping here in town. They are all so busy and I felt like a small cog in a big wheel. With KPMG I have a book keeper that I am building a relationship with and we have quick turn around on all the issues presented so far. I finally feel like my business matters.

Pros

I like the ease and quickness of the software.

Cons

At this time, I don't have anything I dislike.

So far so good!

Looking forward to getting books up to date real time and up to date whenever I want to see where our company is financially.

Pros

Seems easy to navigate, easy reporting functions. The bookkeeper assigned is readily available to get everything set up.

Cons

Cannot always do auto loading of credit union accounts. It has been a longer process to get set-up and my books caught up.

Used this for a short period of time on our company website.

Pros

This software was easy to set up and it's easy to create several different forms for your website. There are different functions that you can set up.

Cons

It took some time to figure out how to customize these forms to look exactly like I wanted them to. We ended up going with a different form company because of this.

This Company is Bookly

My is experience was HORRIBLE. If you want proof, send me a private message and I will send you the email chain and proof of debits! They never paid anyone back. HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Pros

The idea is great but it is not executed well.

Cons

This software is coupled with a designated representative. DON'T BE FOOLED. RUN. This company changed its name from BOOKLY to KPMG Spark. They owe me thousands of dollars. Research BOOKLY.CO and you'll see.