Budgyt

Affordable, Collaborative, Multi-P&L Business Budgeting

Budgyt Reviews

Pros

As a small nonprofit, total costs are very important to us and Budgyt recognizes this. Support is beyond amazing.

Jennifer S.

Jason K.

Budgyt has proven to be a solid solution at a very affordable price.

Jennifer S.

Gwen V.

Knowing that there were no mistakes in my excel formulas - so piece of mind when presenting the budgets to our boards and committees the the numbers are correct.

Denise W.

The nature of budgeting tools is that the data is displayed in tabular fashion. Although the site renders on mobile devices, it can be hard to read on smaller phones.

Jason K.

4.8

So easy to learn! It's like the crystal ball for budgeting!

Pros

In the past I juggled several spreadsheets for budgeting, each with different formulas and variables to manage each line item by location. With Budgyt, I can type the formulas directly into the software and everything carries over with the appropriate detail and notes! If I insist on having a spreadsheet to share with the team, I can simply store spreadsheet in the software and tell it which line to...

Cloud budget consolidation

We have made it easier for budget holders to submit their budgets using this tool. They find it enjoyable to use (and we’re talking budgets here). Budget holders can access the tool anywhere they have internet. The instant scenario consolidation dramatically improved the quality of budget discussions, leading to better business decisions. Using this tool helped make out finance team more efficient, by reducing effort to consolidate.

Pros

This product automatically consolidates budget holders’ submissions, replacing error prone, labour intensive spreadsheet work. Budget managers find it easy to use, and they focus on business decisions, not managing complex spreadsheets. Consolidation is instant, dramatically more efficient for the finance team. Because results are instant, decision makers can see the impact of various scenarios instantly, facilitating impactful discussion on the future of the business and better decisions. Set up is easy thanks to excellent customer support. We import and export data to and from Microsoft GP, and use the budgyt.com tool for budget variance reporting. Budget managers can access information anywhere they have internet.

Cons

We got the functionality we needed at a reasonable cost.

It's been a big step forward that has solved a number of pain points. We've solved the problem of finding a robust but affordable solution that works with QuickBooks. We've eliminated the distribution of monthly reports and budget information by e-mail or spreadsheet and simply have our recipients login to Budgyt. We've overcome the limitations that QuickBooks Online has with budgeting, which are major. We love that there are no limits on the number of users.

Pros

Even as a small organization, we have many departments and projects, which in our case are QuickBooks Online Classes and Sub-Classes. Budgyt was the only affordable solution we could find that allows us to do financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting at the Sub-Class level. It's easy and flexible to see and analyze data for classes or groups of classes.

Cons

The newly released version of the API with QuickBooks Online has been problematic. We'd have preferred to wait until it was more thoroughly tested and developed.

Use Budgyt to Improve Budgeting over Excel Spreadsheets

It used to take about 40 hours to get our annual budget spreadsheets updated for use each year; now it takes less than 5 minutes. We have been using for 2 budget years now, and each year we have added more available features like staffing and benefit costs to save on other excel spreadsheets. It was super easy to prepare 5 year forecasts the Board demanded.

Pros

Quick setup, easily import actual results, forecast multiple years, easily understood by non financial managers, quick and easy changes to revise or copy formulas

Cons

Not a lot of cons, other than it does take a few times copying and preparing a budget to understand that everything, including actual budgets, actual results and forecasts are deemed budgets and need to be attached to each year for comparison if needed. That is where the copy feature comes in real handy.

Much Better Than Excel!

The benefit with Budgyt is getting rid of the need to use Excel as the primary location to house all the budget data. Sharing permissions are excellent, so now all managers can access their budgets, submit changes, and get approvals all within this software. Their CEO is really awesome, has taken a lot of his personal time to get on a call with me and show me the ropes. He has also been real welcoming of the feedback I have provided.

Pros

Once you get the hang of how the software works, it's easy to enter, update, and recall information within the platform. We got tired of spending hours fixing Excel formulas and formats, and with Budgyt, we can spend more time analyzing our financial progress. I also like their integration with Xero - it means it automatically imports actual financial data.

Cons

Nothing to dislike here. The software already does a good job at what it's supposed to. There can be a bit of a learning curve when using the function formulas, and I haven't had a chance to fully utilize their HR module. There are always lots of features that can add to the software, and I am glad this company continues to deploy resources towards feature releases and fixes.

The sales, training and support have been invested in making Budgyt fit our needs in a system.

Pros

We needed something to replace excel for our budget process. We wanted to be able to create separate budgets for each of our corps initiatives and roll up the data as well as allocate overhead expenses to each Corps. Budgyt does that for us without the worry of having mistakes in an excel formula. It makes it easy for employees to enter their own data without the need for me to reenter the data...

Cons

There is a lot of clicking to get to editing a line item. Would like a bit more flexibility in reporting. We are relatively new users of Budgyt. For both of these items it could be that we have not worked with it long enough yet.

Awesome Tool! Just What We Needed to Take Budgeting to the Next Level!

Pros

First, Budgyt has a great team. Customer support representative has been incredibly responsive to our questions and really helped get things started for us. Once we started to use the tool, we found that it was both intuitive and very powerful. Our non-financial team members love being able to add new line items and document the assumptions behind their budgets.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about Budgyt! The only thing I can think is that there are a few features that are in the works that are not live yet. For instance, it would be nice to be able to control account access ad the level of cost center and account so that folks could have access to an account in one cost center, but not have access to that same account in other cost centers. ALl of this is minor stuff and I strongly believe that James will work to resolve these items.

Alex, As you know we have this feature now to control user access by cost center and by category.

Just what you're looking for

A+, 5 starts! I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

#1 is customer service. If you need something they are there to help. The software is easy to use and they have covered all the things you need and don't have all the extra stuff you don't need. I couldn't be happier with our purchase. I looked at a lot of systems and by far Budgyt does exactly what we need.

Cons

I didn't find anything that I didn't like. If I struggled with anything they were an email away. They even send vidoes to walk you step by step.

We have always struggled with budgeting and have longed for something that made the process easy.

transparency from all our systems as they all feed into the software.

Pros

Accessible by multiple teams, easy to input and adapt data, great measurement features for comparatives.

Cons

Once the reports are generated they are easily printable. Would love to print using the browser. Other than that I have no issues with this software at all.

The Excel reports that we have are formatted for printing already. We are adding Crystal Reports for PDF viewing as well.

Budgyt has brought our finance department to the next level. Essential for any growing organization.

Pros

Our non-profit organization relies on a flexible approach to managing our finances, so it is critical to have data organized and presented the way we need it. Budgyt is highly customizable and can fit most, if not any, accounts structure.

Cons

The administrative learning curve is a bit steep, but not unexpected given the powerful tools available in this software. Program administrators should expect to spend anywhere from several weeks to a couple of months with the software before they feel comfortable with the program.

User Friendly

Such an improvement from my excel days of budgeting. I have nothing negative to say about this product. They've done a great job at getting me exactly what I needed. We are not a huge company so I didn't need these very cumbersome and expensive systems. Budgyt was just what I needed and fit perfectly in our budget.

Pros

Very user friendly. So easy to get information in and out of the system.

Cons

I have been using excel so this was such an improvement for me. There wasn't anything that I found that I didn't like. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge on using it.

Director of Operations and HR

I came to use Budgyt as we were expanding our sales force and needed a forecasting tool. Not only was Budgyt easy to use but it allowed me to build comparative reports by rep and by account which was what I needed. Our rep has been spectacular in terms of his support and ability to build a bridge between our data and Budgyt. I would highly recommend this application for budgeting, forecasting, target compare and territory compare.

Pros

Compare feature by rep and by territory as I've defined it.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting tool takes a few minutes. I wish it was instantaneous

Excellent software; easy to implement/use

amazing difference; i have discarded all my excel reports for this web-based reporting and budgeting option

Pros

Flexibility Self-implementation Quick implementation Value for money Easy integration / download-upload feature Quick to identify exceptions, errors when uploading; and correct Speed/Agility

Cons

Exchange rate feature for multi-currency companies (but this is being worked on at the moment)

Budgyt is a Solid Solution

Pros

Budgyt has proven to be a solid solution at a very affordable price! Integration with Quickbooks is easy and accurate! I subscribed to the software as a solution for budgeting compensation costs and ended up with a total budgeting and managing budgets solution. As a small nonprofit, total costs are very important to us and Budgyt recognizes this. Support is beyond amazing!

Cons

Implementing the software has a very steep learning curve, but the support team lead us through it. There are little things that would be nice (like sorting columns on static reports) but I really feel like the company knows their limits and are daily addressing and improving them.

As a Startup, Budgyt was what we needed to track our spend.

Budgyt has helped us to better track expenses and hold departments accountable for their spend. Before, our Company used excel and with that it was a lot of manual input and verifying calculations.

Pros

Budgyt in the grand scheme of things is easy to use. You can create calculations for payroll, taxes, revenue, and cogs. You can create budgets by department and also import the actuals from Quickbooks to do month, quarter or annual comparisons.

Cons

It does take time to understand and calculate the formulas, but once you get use to it, it is a lot simpler to do future ones. In addition, customer support can assist to help you start them. I do wish they could add budgets greater than 1 year, but this might coming in future software releases.

great budgeting tool

I am a big fan of BUDGYT. It really was a game changer for our growing business. Incredibly flexible and the reporting tools are great. It also allows you to be incredibly granular which is incredibly important to me. Further, the BUDGYT team is very responsive to queries and diligently spends a good amount of time walking me thru how to fix or do something. I highly recommend.

Cons

Never Use Excel for Budgeting Again!

Overall, Budgyt took all of those troublesome spreadsheets for each department and cost center and condensed it into an easy way to input, track and view the information. Would recommend this tool to anyone who wants to save time, money and frustration during the budgeting process.

Pros

Easy to input data, create multiple budgets, track changes and view not only individual cost centers, but also entire entities.

Cons

Some of the reports took a while to run based on the needed detail.

Pretty easy moving from Excel to Budgyt distributed platform

Pros

The ability to distribute work with controlled GL accounts built in the user interface, working with James on configuration to tailor our business processes and access from anywhere with the cloud solution

Cons

Haven't figured out all the tricks to take advantage of all the capabilities. There are a number of reporting capabilities I do not totally understand.

Great Solution for our needs

Pros

The software is easy to build and customize to your specific needs. Its easy to upload & download the data from the product. Our Managers are loving it compared to what we used to use.

Cons

Did not 100% fit our budget model as far are building formulas. We do have a couple that we have to manually calculate and enter in.