MatrixCare Home Health & Hospice Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.23/10

See full reviews by rating

It appeared to have good work flow from clinical to office seamlessly. The billing features seem robust and user friendly as well.
What I like best about Brightree software is it is user friendly and the support staff is amazing.
The vendor is amazing, great customer service, listens to your needs and changes are made quickly, not years later.
We have had problems with OASIS acceptance and fatal errors for skip traces that the system does not automatically follow.
We were unable to bill for services for 3 months due to problems with the documentation because we were not taught how to use it correctly.
Do NOT use their program for documents. You pay a lot and when you leave Brightree it costs to get your documents back.

JS

Janell S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

EMR that truly understands both Clinical Workflow and Billing and Administrative Needs!

Pros

I love the fact that we can use it for all our Clinical, billing, and administrative needs. It is efficient and updated with the regulations to ensure we are compliant.

Cons

We would like more ability to customize visit note templates and not have to use a copy and paste functionality into the Narrative section.

TS

Tiffany S.

*~ Amazing ~*

The benefits of this program are vast. The system streamlines everything into one platform without having to have multiple programs or browsers open to complete one task. Their customer service is superb! Highly recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use with guides that allow you helpful tips on how to complete the tasks at hand. If I ever get stuck, creating a help ticket or "case" is easy and takes just a few minutes. The turnaround from their help center staff is quick and amazing! I have always received an answer to my question and if the first help center employee didn't know, they kept my case open while they...

Cons

This system did take a few weeks to get used to, but what system doesn't. This isn't really a drawback, just a learning curve. Hang in there.....it gets easier!

CG

Chris G.

GAH Brightree Story

Overall the experience has been a great option for our Field Staff. The office side and reports have not been what we really would like it to be. The field staff seem to really like the iPad. They went from using large lap tops to the iPad and have seen better bedside documentation due to it helping not be such a "barrier" for them. I like how it helps with compliance and makes sure you document...

Pros

The easier accessibility for Field staff with the iPad. Feel that all the Medicare changes are incorporated into by Brightree therefore we are documenting towards what they will require if audited.

Cons

The reports do not feel they are reliable. We do a lot of manual tracking along with the reports and we do continue to see discrepancies. When reporting an issue the turn around on answers is very slow. Also, we feel we give adequate information when we report something, but we always get that it is not enough or want the same information again that we already gave. Going back to when we started...

PD

Pierce D.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Costly but fully featured and constanly developing

Very professional group that know their product well, and are eager to help find solutions to issues that come up. Software (once setup and trained) is easy to navigate.

Pros

-ease of use for field staff (iPad App) -lots of built in reports for getting data out of the system -easy to contact support and get resolutions -constantly updating and developing enhancements to the product -constantly keeping customers up to date on reg. changes, and upcoming product changes and timelines -documentation is straight forward and easy to follow -order compliance features keep us compliant with orders when scheduling visits

Cons

-takes lots of time and training to get used to -scheduling components lacking compared to old solution -expensive compared to our old solution (we were grandfathered into a very old rate so this was just us getting into modern licensing costs) - only guaranteed 100% comparability with their Web product by using Internet Explorer (which even MS says you shouldn't use anymore!). Only about 95% of the product works in Chrome or Firefox. - lots of time spent (months before deployment) learning and setting up the product. But they have streamlined this as much as i think they can.

JL

Jennifer L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Shortens visit documentation time, improved our days to RAP, great customer service

Very positive, our trainers and project manager were very knowledgeable, professional, and flexed to meet our needs. Can't say enough about the customer service there after -- support has been wonderful. Such a relief for us!

Pros

Much more modern than our previous software -- user friendly for the clinicians, helps cut documentation time. Functions well, no down-time, and is very easy to Navigate. There are great reporting features and they are doing good preparations for PDGM. Their customer service is light-years ahead of our previous vendors -- very responsive. This is truly meant to be a point of care system -- so it means everyone has to stay current in their workflows. This has helped us decrease our days to RAP, improve order turn around time, and improved satisfaction among our field staff.

Cons

The back-office training could have been better -- much of the training was received prior to go-live. Additional training and support after go-live to work through back-office workflows would have been helpful for us.

RW

Rachel W.

Definite Upgrade!

The extensive reports that can be pulled from within the Bright system have allowed our organization to be more aware of overall process issues, such as outstanding verbal orders, certification period due dates and timely charting. Absolutely has enabled us to solidify, or change, processes and get a more smoothly running clinical team!

Pros

One of the best things that I love about Brightree is how aware of regulatory changes they are and how responsive they are to make the necessary changes to the software to keep their clients compliant and in-the-know. I never feel like I have to beg for information of how they are going to address new regulatory requirements. They also are really aware of the impact on their consumers and are very helpful with integration of new changes.

Cons

When certain things require more development-related help, the length of time can be quite extensive if it has a lower priority rating. However, for high-priority needs, most things are fixed within hours to days. Excellent responsiveness to requests.

BM

Brenda M.

Matrixcare EMR Review - HH&HO

Able to track documents required to be completed before billing can occur. Billing claims os more timely. Able to monitor clinical staff job productivity and performance in realtime and identify problem areas that need to be addressed. Customer service has been very good. Our Customer Success Mgr. has been great to help us problem solve when we need him and keep us informed about Matrixcare!

Pros

Flexibility, Intraoperability, Reports, and some of the Functionality

Cons

Skilled Nursing documentation: The areas of documentation in the Visit Type - Revisit, Assessment - Hospice Follow-up Visit, Service Code - RN Routine Visit over lap with the same information in the Interventions, Care Plan, and Review of Systems sections. The Routine Visit doucmentation is TOO LENGTHY and requires TOO MUCH TIME by the nurses to complete documentation for a skilled patient visit. The note needs to be condensed so that documentation is not repeated in these sections of the visit note. I believe reformatting the flow of the visit note would be a great help. Thank you!

TR

Tiffany R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

MatrixCare is AMAZING

Our experience has been so amazing and we really love [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and all the support and help she has provided to us.

Pros

MatrixCare is really concerned with the end users and always making changes to improve this product. Our Caregivers love using the iPads, the ease of Navigation through the workflows is a favorite and a huge game changer. Our Caregivers also love the voice to text recognition that MatrixCare provides. This really decreased documentation time for our field clinicians. The technical support team is amazing and responds almost immediately. Updates are seamless and do not take any time at all, all the Caregiver has to do is do an update to their app on their iPad. It's so easy.

Cons

The mileage feature was a little bit different than what our Caregivers were used to and we are in a rural area so it wasn't a good fit for us. However, MatrixCare is making changes and I know it's going to be amazing. We have nothing negative to say about MatrixCare.

AR Manager

Pros

Good for sales order processing. Technical Support is excellent. All very knowledgeable about the deficiencies with this software. You will get to know all of them well because you will call them often!

Cons

Worst system for AR that I have used in 30 years experience in AR Management. Cannot track patient statements for early out agencies. Lengthy pick up and exchange process if you need to change insurance. No recalculation of claims when price table is updated. Each claim would have to be manually pick up and exchange. Revenue Cycle Worklist does not act like workqueue's in that a person must manually assign account each day. No productivity reporting with Revenue Cycle Worklists. On and on and on. If you want to hire several more FTE's, take on multiple manual processes and collections is not important to your company, this software is for you!

Lauren R.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good Software for Clinicians!

Pros

*To start, this review is coming from a CNA. Nurses use MatrixCare and there experience might differ from mine. As a CNA, I think Matrix is great. It's easy to chart on a patient using a kiosk on the floor, on a desktop computer, or by using an IPad. You can view the electronic health record easily for each patient. Once you chart on something, the red outline that indicates that it's due goes away.

Cons

Matrix is not the best software to document positioning, which is why many facilities will create their own paper charts.

SH

Stacy H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Brightree is the best healthcare software out there

I do not work for the company that had Brightree any longer and I truely miss it. The software I use now is awful! (Homecare Homebase)

Pros

From my past experiences Brightree is the easiest, most user friendly healthcare software available. Each admission is separated so you are not guessing. Information you need is readily available. You don't have to search and search. I love that the cert period is at the top of every page. All physician orders are in a neat, tidy format and can be sent/resent from your PC as well as tagged as received...

Cons

The only con I ever found was opening scanned documents. I seemed to take a while to open, but I'm not too sure that wasn't due to poor internet capability. Some days it was not good and other days it was perfect.

JC

Jason C.

Hospital & Health Care,

Brightree Hospice software is well worth the investment.

Pros

As the Chief Executive Officer of a hospice program, one of my priorities is to select and utilize a software vendor which stands behind their product, proactively researches and implements enhancements ahead of ever changing regulatory requirements, as well as provides exceptional customer service support to our team. Brightree Hospice software not only meets these requirements, they exceed them....

Cons

The Care Communicate function could be enhanced to allow more flexibility with who messages are sent to. Example, groups, teams, etc. and more than 10 people per message. Also wish there was a way for the I-Phone to notify you when a message has been communicated to your i-phone app verses having to check every so often. Otherwise, very satisfied with Brightree Hospice software.

LM

Lisa M.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Billing Perspective Review

My review of the Brightree EMR program is from the billing perspective. I began with this program when it was CareAnyware and transitioned to Brightree and remain a current user today. I am one of the Super Users in our organization and assist with troubleshooting issues and training staff on a day to day basis.

Pros

This program is a comprehensive clinical, operational and financial system in a web-based environment. The automated billing functionality allows increased efficiency in our office. Electronic patient records provide our agency with the necessary documentation to produce clean claims sent to Medicare and Medicaid as well as commercial insurance companies. This is very important in today's healthcare...

Cons

In regards to the billing function of Brightree's home health program, there appear to be very few cons. 1) The Medicare Secondary billing process is not fully available and would be helpful in today's society where we are working longer, even after becoming eligible for Medicare. 2) would like to be able to edit the "canned" reports. Specifically the AR report in order to add the DOB. This is a required demographic when performing follow-up/collections.

CJ

Candice J.

Very Pleased with Brightree

I am very pleased with the reporting capabilities. Compliance is such a vital part of healthcare. I am able to write reports easily if I need to pull additional data in. We started with Brightree 11/2014 and hit a few bumps in the beginning when our "power users" didn't complete the training and we could only do the basics. We have been pleasantly surprised by the support we have received to understand...

Pros

I like to be able to pull a wide variety of reports with a few keystrokes. Our quarterly meeting with our Account Manager is terrific. We can get help with useful tools and find out whats coming next.

Cons

Setting up the bereavement mailing was challenging.

AL

Amanda L.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Best homecare software yet!

I've been using Brightree for a few years now (since it was called CareAnyware), with two different homecare agencies. I absolutely love how the staff seem to be up-to-date on rules/regulations and, as such, make sure our clinicians have the most accurate documentation as possible. Being able to document against a patient's Care Plan is definitely HUGE plus. Unlike some other homecare software companies,...

Pros

Compliance!

Cons

Personally, I don't like that we have to use Internet Explorer. I wish Brightree was compatible with Chrome.

LW

Laura W.

Home Health Review from a Billing Standpoint

I have been billing with Brightree for about 3 years now and I can say that it has been the easiest program to use. Prior to Brightree we have used several different programs that did not provide everything that we needed and were very aggravating to use. Brightree provides a lot of reports that help in making sure all my billing has been completed and reports that provide information for State Reports....

Pros

The best feature is the fact that the system tells me when Raps and Finals are ready to be submitted and if there is any problems such as no authorization, Oasis has not been completed, or no first billable visit has been completed yet. The system also tells me when orders have been sent and if they are not back received.

Cons

I really don't know of any Cons.

KB

Kaye B.

Good concept, needs work

Overall this software feels like a new product that still has a LOT of kinks and bugs to work out and does not instill confidence in the user.

Pros

Very user friendly for clinicians and covers most of the basics of home health in office. The basic ideas are all here but each area needs fine tuned to work more efficiently for individual companies. Attractive interface for both AFO and iPads that is very easy to teach to even the most technologically challenged clinicians.

Cons

Not easily customizable and very poor customer service response. We have many needs to be efficient in our daily behind the scenes functionality that the software does not support, simply because it wasn't thought out thoroughly. All HH agencies have the same guideline to follow for compliance so these issues would have been worked out long before now. Initial training and software implementation...

BL

Barb L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Thanks Brightree

Faster charting time and turn around time with signed documents from physicians. Task hotlist allows us to catch issues in a timely manner

Pros

Ease of use and the way the assessments flow on ipad to lessen charting time after visits. The task hotlist, doc. tracking, and reports on AFO which allows do much better communication and tracking of our documents.

Cons

Seems there is so many things to learn and if you don't use that particular item daily it is easy to forget. Sometimes have to log in multiple times on the ipad for it to accept password.

AH

Amy H.

Overall Great Software for Hospice

Our Account Manager has been great! He's always quick to respond to any questions or to follow up on open ticket items.

Pros

Brightee provides an application for charting visit notes on the iPad, which allows for ease of charting in patients' homes. There are cost savings due to staff no longer using laptops that have to be maintained or serviced, and overall the system is fairly easy to learn and navigate.

Cons

There are occasional glitches in the software that causes the application to have to be deleted then re-installed, but this is not very frequent. The ability to access Brightree's AFO side in Safari is not yet fully functioning but we know eventually it will be. There can sometimes be difficulty with technical support staff understanding issues that you may be experiencing, but they will continue efforts to problem-solve until the issue is resolved.

LM

Laura M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to navigate with great customer support

Pros

The ease and look of the product as well as the ability to easily navigate the screen. Their support is one of the best in the industry making them easy to work with and quick to resolve any issues.

Cons

The billing feature seemed to lack where the clinical feature succeeded.

LQ

Leah Q.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Brightree software is innovated, efficient and keeps us in compliance.

Overall, BT is very good software for our agency and encompasses home care and hospice. We had a zero deficiency survey for home care and hospice so compliance is the best aspect.

Pros

BT keeps our agency in compliance as new regulations are introduced they integrate them into the software. We have a particular account manager who goes over and beyond to explain options available in the system, follow up on any problems and supports us through the changes. The Ipads for field staff are fast and efficient, do not get virus, and our clinicians are extremely pleased.

Cons

Not understanding the system or using it to its fullest is a problem for our agency. We need better webinars and education material to be able to maneuver through the software as it is very complex. It is not exactly "user friendly".

CB

Cheyenne B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Administrator

Pros

Always updating for more ease of use and is on the ball with regulatory changes. In the last year there have been vast improvements in the software and our team can not wait to see what is coming next! This software has made our job much easier and we are glad to be as paperless as possible. Jain has been wonderful as an account manager. She definitely has our company's best interest at heart and gets the answer to any question that we may have. Support for clinical has been great and improved significantly in the last few months. Billing software support has improved as well and is more manageable for our small company.

Cons

I would like to see the fully functional interface with pharmacy soon, the ability to fax from the software, and the ability to look up providers from the CMS site and have their info flow over to reduce time in hand keying entries.

CA

Casey A.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

BRIGHTREE IS HUGE

Pros

User friendly, great support team, really good software for a large company.

Cons

Cost!!! These people will nickel and dime you to death! Every little "add on" is an add on to your bill. It's too big for a small company like ours. If they had a sister program that was made for a small company, that would be great. Do NOT use their program for documents!! You pay a lot and when you leave Brightree it costs to get your documents back. On top of that, you receive your docs in a way that they choose. Who knows in what form and they don't tell you.

CT

Cathy T.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Brightree made my job so much easier!

I appreciate the excellent service we get when calling in for assistance, thank you.

Pros

The ability to see visits and coordinate services so much more quickly than when they were on paper. Not having to wait for papers to be turned in to process payroll and billing. My not having to enter those visits manually. Less paperwork for patient files and employee files due to being online. A quicker turn around for claims. Less hands handling information insuring accuracy.

Cons

As an office staff I work mostly on a desktop so what I see and what the field see sometimes is in a different format therefore causes a communication stall. That is the only thing I can think of that is a challenge.

SH

Stacy H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Brightree software is easy to learn and navigate.

I personally love the Brightree program. I also believe the support team does a great job when I have opened tickets. Fast and accurate!

Pros

I am a biller and scheduler, which makes both jobs easier to understand in the program. Scheduling with Brightree ensures frequency's are entered correctly and in turn makes checking visits at billing time go smoothly. There is no fear that regulations are met with this program. The task hot list notifies us of any upcoming regulated tasks needing attention. It is not hard to find any info in this system. everything is where is should be.

Cons

Internet access in the field is needed to use the communicate feature. Sometimes updates are too drastic