Dendi LIS Logo

Dendi LIS

Laboratory information system for small to medium size labs.

Dendi LIS Reviews

5.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.77/10

Reviews by rating

Since they move so quickly, it can be hard to keep up with at times.
This is a fairly new ("cutting edge") product, so some people were resistant to change. Also, not every feature is as fleshed-out since it's so new.

Cynthia Z.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Fantastic & cutting-edge tool for med labs

Pros

The software is really easy, fast, and clean. We were used to large systems like Epic, which are often difficult to use and are starting to show their age. We found their system to be much more intuitive than what we typically see. If there was ever a problem, it was also very easy to get in contact with the Dendi team and get a resolution; they had very strong follow-up.

CC

Carlo C.

Integration to our Homebrew App

Dendi team is very easy to work with. They are flexible, especially with the integration of our software.

Pros

We developed our own App for our company. Dendi Team worked with us seemingly to have our App integrate well with their software.

Cons

The product is still in development, there are some nuances that could be improved in the LIS. But the team is working hard to have all those options.

Thanks for your feedback, Carlo! Dendi was built to support innovative companies like yours by making integrations quick and easy. Thanks for being a long-time valued customer and for helping us improve Dendi LIS.

JS

Jennifer S.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Dendi LIS

Pros

Overall the system is easy to use for laboratorians. It doesn't take long to upload results that will integrate into the patient's file for reporting.

Cons

The only con I have is that I am not aware of all of the capabilities of the system at this time as a new user.

Thanks for the feedback, Jennifer! To help you get up to speed and find all the capabilities and new features, take a look at the Documentation Center (when you login, open your account menu by clicking your name in the top right). There you'll find a searchable knowledge base with videos, screenshots, and instructions. You'll also find the support ticketing system there if you need any help! We typically respond and resolve any issues in under an hour! You can also check out the Release Notes which lists the updates and enhancements that are released every 2 weeks.

BB

Brad B.

A well maintained LIS

Dendi is an excellent LIS. It far outperforms other LIS's I have used in the past.

Pros

I like the ease of test ordering and the fact that our feedback is acknowledged and updates are performed regularly, outside of business hours.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Dendi is that the forms are not exclusively keyboard navigatable. I prefer to Tab through menus and Dendi requires me to move my hand to my mouse frequently.

TB

Taylor B.

Research, 11-50 employees

Simple and effective LIS

Pros

I have worked for 3 different hospitals using a different LIS at each one. Coming into the research field, I was worried that the LIS used would be terrible, but Dendi has exceeded expectations. It is extremely easy to receive patient tissues and to report results. Anything we need to change or add, Dendi support has been extremely helpful in implementing it. The team also makes an effort to visit us to tell us about new features and to learn about any concerns we have.

Cons

I can't attest to everything since I am not an administrator, so I'm not too familiar with all of the features Dendi has to offer. However, I have no complaints about the interface, and I use it daily.

LV

Lizzie V.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great people with a great product.

I have highly enjoyed working not only with the product Dendi provides but also the team at Dendi. They are always quick to respond when an issue arises and love to hear feedback from their users that can help improve their product. The service they provide is top tier!

Pros

Dendi is so user-friendly. The flow from creating an order, to verifying the result, and finally reviewing the final report is so streamlined it takes new people to the team no time to pick up the workflow.

Cons

Dendi needs some work in recording quality control results. The dendi team has worked with me personally to improve this process. I have no doubt they will make this portion of the product align with the other awesome aspects this LIS provides.

VP

Visesh P.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Future-proofing clinical laboratory workflows

Overall, I would highly recommend Dendi - their product (while a bit raw), is top-notch, and their customer support is great too. If they continue on this trajectory, I can see them becoming the clear market leaders in this product segment.

Pros

With COVID-19, there's been a lot of changes at the lab level. Unlike some of the legacy LIS providers that some of my colleagues have been working with, Dendi LIS was quickly turn around necessary functionality and gracefully handle any adverse situations that came our way. The built-in provider/patient portals, as well as their API, were also useful when it came to implementing new accounts, as they became a selling point for the lab as well.

Cons

As a software startup, Dendi LIS doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that you may expect from the traditional vendors you run into. That is perhaps the flipside for the product being so easy to use as well. However, I have also found that they are more than willing to work with you on this as long as what you want can be generalized.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Best SAAS LIS on the Market

Working with the folks at Dendi is a great pleasure. In my experience business success is made up of three components; Talent, Culture and Extreme Customer Focus. Dendi has figured out how to hire the best talent in the industry, create a professional and caring culture and most importantly, how to focus on delivering a cutting edge, modern and stable Laboratory Information System. We know because in the 10 plus years we have been in business, we have gone through 3 different legacy systems, all outdated. Dendi simplified the SAAS LIS model. We are thankful for Dendi for giving us that edge in keeping our business that much more successful.

Pros

Dendi is a very easy LIS to implement and use. The system is intuitive and makes training employees fast and easy.

Cons

We had no dislikes or issues with Dendi.

TM

Tina M.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

Easiest portal I have ever used.

Excellent experience. I can teach sites in a quick manner how to place orders, how to retreive test results and if I have any issues I can be assured a Dendi customer service rep will get back to me in a timely manner.

Pros

I do not think there is anything about our Dendi system that I don't like, it is very easy to use and so user-friendly. I have trained several Neurooncologist and Neurosurgeons on how to place their own orders. Every time I onboard a new site I always start with " this is a very user-friendly system" and I mean that.

Cons

Honestly at this moment I do not have any cons

KJ

Karla J.

User friendly LIS

Pros

Compared to other systems, it is the most user-friendly LIS I have experienced.

Cons

The orders page needs to be condensed so you don't have to scroll to see all the order information.

JO

Jesse O.

Turnkey solution

Pros

The turnkey solution I'd recommend to any new labs, especially molecular, NGS, toxicology. Their LIS system is very clean and user friendly. They are constantly on top of their software and reliable. You are in very capable hands with Dendi.

Cons

Since they move so quickly, it can be hard to keep up with at times.

BG

Bishakh G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Trusted partner in the lab environment

Pros

- Incredibly easy to use, set up, and train - Intuitive user interface - Deep understanding of med lab workflows - Listens deeply to customer feedback - Broad suite of applicable integrations

Cons

QC and inventory management functionality could be more fleshed out.

JW

Jared W.

Top-quality solution

Pros

Very easy to use, set up, and maintain. Customer support is responsive and great to work with. In 2021, if you're not already on cloud-based software, it's time to make the jump. They really do consider themselves a "partner" in your business and take pride in making sure you're successful. Integrated provider and patient portals are also an interesting concept that they've executed very nicely.

Cons

Switching from a different vendor may be tough, due to the workflow updates.

NS

Natalie S.

Great product!

The Dendi team has been great working with our team on adaptation of their system to the needs of our lab. We plan to work with them on using their software for generation of worksheets and import of data from both automated results as well as manual ones. I highly recommend this product to both new and existing labs!

Pros

I like the flexibility of the product, the speed of the site, and the excellent and super responsive customer service from the Dendi team.

Cons

Some features are available for reporting of metrics and sorting of data, though I would be interested in more complex features which would allow users to enter search criteria for automatic data generation.

LG

Larry G.

Dendi

I am currently utilizing Dendi to streamline and automated reports such as Sample volume, sales commission, charges, expected reimbursements, affidavits, among other dashboard alike quick steps. Dendi has been able to create a fast and accurate process for all of the mentioned above taking away cumbersome and time consuming spreadsheet analysis.

Pros

Dendi is extremely user friendly, intuitive, and fast.

Cons

for the most part, there is nothing negative about the software as my experiences recalls.

GZ

George Z.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Best LIS currently in the market. 10x better technology at a low cost point.

As an IT consultant evaluating multiple systems for my clients, this one was a no-brainer for me. The initial setup process was pretty seamless, and even after the initial setup and validation, the team remained very responsive to any of the requests that the lab had. Overall, the system itself is also well-designed and can handle scale very easily.

Pros

- Painless integration with the lab, especially with the initial setup process - Extremely proactive customer support - Easy to use - Sales portal was helpful for tracking commissions - Physician portal was a great selling point for the lab

Cons

There is no pathology module at the moment.

JD

Julie D.

Very user friendly!

Exceptional! When we request any changes like a way to search for patients or adding more data to a report, they are always happy & quick to accommodate.

Pros

Dendi is straightforward and easy to learn. It's uncomplicated layout makes it simple to set up new providers and users. Training providers & their staff is a breeze.

Cons

Would have liked an HL7 interface with Billing software

AE

Amanda E.

Excellent and Affordable Cloud LIMS

The Dendi team has been wonderful to work with. They are super responsive and listen carefully to our requirements. A+ for customer service!!

Pros

Dendi offers an easy-to-use, well-designed system at an affordable price point for new/small labs like us. We are excited to offer our customers secure access to patient results and secure remote access for our CLIA lab team. We are also excited to see additional functionality like integration with lab instruments and other software which will help us scale workflow more efficiently in terms of both time and money. We looked at a number of different cloud-based LIMS and Dendi was the best fit for our lab today with plenty of room to grow. Kind of like Quickbooks for CLIA lab order management.

Cons

Reporting functionality is still basic. We look forward to creating customizable formats for reporting and record searches in the near future.

SM

Sharon M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Pros

Dendi is easy to use. My company had specific request for the LIS. Dendi worked with my company to satisfy the request.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about Dendi.

KK

Konrad K.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent Software with Excellent Support

Pros

The software has a very modern feel with the capability to perform any task we need. Its position as cloud-based software makes it the perfect partner for rolling out to new clients. I can avoid purchasing new computers for clients now. The developers release new upgrades every 2 weeks; not a bug fix, an upgrade. This group takes suggestions from their clients for new features and then offers the new feature for free to all of their clients. Pricing is reasonable and support responds quickly to answer questions. No modules to buy every time one needs a new feature.

Cons

It took me too long to find Dendi and purchase their product!

DN

Danielle N.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Dendi LIS Laboratory Review

Overall I have enjoyed learning and using Dendi. The staff that I have met are very friendly and knowledable

Pros

Dendi is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I currently do not have a con. Anything that we thought to change or add on they made happen no problem.

RL

Randy L.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Best LIS Software

I presented Dendi with a unique lab situation and they rose to the occassion.

Pros

Every feature I needed or possibly wanted is in this package. No individual modules for which you get nickeled and dimed to death. The team is intimately involved in their product meshing sales with development. Dendi still comes up with new ideas and improvements constantly and provides free updates they install on your cloud system every 2 weeks.

Cons

I am not aware of any Cons. Their software is more customizable than Capterra because I had to add this sentence to fulfill review requirements.

KB

Kimberley B.

Research, 11-50 employees

Dendi LIS Review from Kiyatec, Inc.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes the print option doesn't always work.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Great Performance

Pros

Dendi LIS packs a huge punch. It has a modern flair that so many LIS fail to capture, and isn't afraid to dive into the latest technologies. Features like an API to access the database make integrating Dendi LIS so much sweeter.

Cons

Since Dendi LIS is still growing and developing, some features will be changed or rearranged as the software expands.

MO

Michelle O.

Easy to learn

Pros

Self explanatory, user-friendly interface. Easy to learn. Very simple to navigate. Attentive support team.

Cons

Would have liked an HL7 interface with Billing software