Hospice Tools Logo

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.81/10

Reviews by rating

I like that it is easy to use, the cost is good, the billing is great, and the ticket responses are timely.
My tasks are suited to Hospice Tools' abilities. I appreciate being able to modify and print my reports before exporting them.
It is very user friendly and the staff is great and always willing to help.
The only frustrations I have experienced are related to product development, such as document uploading failing because of a programming glitch.
Only con that comes to my mind, is sometime I forget my password.

DM

Dan M.

Great software, amazing support

In one word, excellent. I appreciate them continuously working with us and providing ongoing support and training.

Pros

The software flows very easily for our front line staff making charting easy. Additionally, when bringing on new users, it flows well and we have found a decreased training time necessary to be able to pick up on where to chart documents and software utilization. More so even that the software though, what distinguishes Hospice Tools from competition in my opinion is the customer support. They continuously check-in to see if we have needs, they are responsive when we need assistance, and they continuously update the software to meet the needs of our organization. The entire team is professional and I could not recommend this company more, both for it's software and it's people.

Cons

If we ever find we have a need to fit our needs, we talk to our client success representative who can connect us with the appropriate resources enabling the software to meet our needs.

Thank you so much for the amazing review Dan. The team appreciates your kind words and it means a lot that our commitment to partnership and support is valued. Thx!

SW

Samantha W.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Hospice tools Review

Sometimes after uploading into the chart or (on the intake tab) the page refreshes and doesn’t save the info entered, leaving me to enter it all again. Otherwise is good.

Pros

Easy to navigate and understand. Easy to find information.

Cons

Needs more patient identifiers on the search page. For instance, two patients with same names would also need DOB to determine between the two (when searching for patients).

Thanks for the excellent review Samantha. We've noted your points and will look into those items and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We're super-happy to hear how well Hospice Tools is working for you and the team.

YI

Yamira I.

Easy Program

Pros

User friendly, how it is sorted out with the filing of documents

Cons

when changes are needed the timeline of completion support does not respond timely no integration with our hospice pharmacy

Hi Yamira, Thanks for taking the time to review Hospice Tools. While our forms can be customized extensively, allowing the system to become more personalized to how your agency operates and documents care, making those changes has impact across the system - IDG, Reports, other forms etc., and the testing that is required before releasing a requested change will often take longer than expected as...

AT

Alyse T.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Excellent on the go hospice charting

Good. Initially confused about the medication adding and removing but figured it out.

Pros

The ease of forms, navigation of the site and easily customisable

Cons

No ability to take wound care pics / only upload them. Also no talk to text would be helpful option

Hi Alyse, Thanks for taking the time to review Hospice Tools! If you use our mobile apps, you can open a wound document and take a picture of the wound in the document rather than taking a picture and uploading it into the document. Additionally, all the text boxes do allow for talk to text functionality. You can download our apps from the App or Play stores for either Android or iOS devices. We're very happy to hear how easy it is to use and how well it works for you and the team. Thx!

KV

Karen V.

Great product

Over all, I like it. Easy to navigate for the information.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to read. Able to find info quickly.

Cons

multiple medication form does not work correctly. It discontinues the meds if using the multiple medication form.

Thx for the great review Karen! For your issue with the form, make sure your using the Multiple Meds order form and not the dc multiple meds form. If you're still having issues, head over to the Help Center in the EMR and you can check a guide, watch a how to video, access FAQs or send a support ticket and the team can look into this issue for you. Glad to hear Hospice Tools is working well for you and your team. Thx!

KS

Kacey S.

Hospice aide

Pros

Hospice tools is easy to learn how to use. Very user friendly and professional.

Cons

No complaints about hospice tools at this time

Thanks for the great review of Hospice Tools Kacey! We're happy to hear how easy Hospice Tools is to learn and use and how well it works for you and your team. Thx!

DL

Denise L.

I love Hospice Tools

Exceptional! This is the best yet! Great !

Pros

Ease of use. Seems to be made specifically for hospice.

Cons

Nothing at all. Hospice tools seems to work very well.

Thanks for the awesome review Denise! We're super-happy to hear how well Hospice Tools works for you and your team. Thx!

JF

John F.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Excellent

Pros

Excellent customer support and we are using every day

Cons

Excellent customer support and greatly appreciate

Thanks for the awesome review John! Super happy to hear that our support is doing great and that Hospice Tools is working well for you and your team. Thx!

AM

Alyssa M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Pros

Has mobile app. Easy to navigate. Clickable links

Cons

No place to put long team notes that aren't permanent to the chart. Some options are n/a but won't let you select it

Thanks for taking the time to review Hospice Tools Alyssa. For temp notes you can use the Notes tab in the PT's chart rather than the documentation forms, which are typically permanent. If there is a box in a form that isn't working please click into the help center and send support a msg so we can look into that. Glad to hear how easy it is to use and how well it's working for you and the team. Thx!

jt

jeremy t.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Hospice tools is great

Amazing overall. The team is great and responsive

Pros

Customer service they always are there and responsive and willing to help

Cons

The care plans and updating them. Care plan updates are time consuming

Thx for the great review Jeremy! We're glad to hear that the team is delivering great service and how well Hospice Tools works for you and your team! Thx!

JG

Johanna G.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Hospice Tools Pros and Cons

Overall, I feel that hospice tools has been extremely user-friendly and easy to onboard new staff to use proficiently. As I previously mentioned, I am new to using hospice tools and have never encountered a user question thus far, as I feel that each task is intuitive and self explanatory.

Pros

I am relatively new to using Hospice Tools (~3 months) and had a pretty seamless transition into it. I have a history with using Epic, which was quite involved, but I became an expert after some time. Hospice Tools is much more user-friendly from the start and very intuitive. Each role (cna, nurse, chaplain, APN, etc) has different documents they need to fill out and the set up of hospice tools makes...

Cons

My biggest gripe with hospice tools is that is does not connect with other healthcare systems. I also dislike some of the formatting on different forms (ie: some boxes for narrative responses are too small to read the entire response). Additionally, I would like a "search" feature within each patient's chart to be able to identify previously discussed topics. For example, if I wanted to know if my patient has ever complained of nausea at past visits, it would be more cohesive to type "nausea" into a search box in their chart and be able to see all instances where "nausea" was mentioned. Instead of this, I have to open each individual note and read through the note to identify if that issue had ever been mentioned.

Hi Johanna. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm forwarding your comments to tech as well. Thanks for some great suggestions! We will review and see what we can come up with for you.

TD

Tina D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

My Review

Pros

ease of use, ability to easily upload documents - scan, pictures etc.

Cons

calendar and scheduling. Would like hard stops for the cert period, would like to schedule recerts. would be efficient to have the eDoc needed to be completed for visit connected to the visit on calendar.

Thanks for the great review Tina! We've been upgrading the scheduler and if you look in the calendar under the schedule view, you should already see a number of new features, such as better frequency views, fq met or not by color code, and stackable quick scheduling. For now, you can put in the notes section under activity which docs but triggering docs from the calendar is a feature that's on it's way. Cert periods are shown in Intake screen, IDG, Cert Report, and auto flow into Cert forms. We are looking at tying that in closer with stops but want to balance that with the flexibility that's important to maintain in comfort care. We will let you know when that feature is updated. Thx!

KB

Kyle B.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

HIGHLY Recommend!

Hospice tools is super easy to use and has made my workflow extremely efficient and organized. It allows everyone within the company to collaborate with ease. I can look up patient information and see notes from staff members in their respective field with the click of a button on my phone. All while feeling secure knowing the platform complies with HIPPA's security and privacy regulations. Additionally...

Pros

- Super Easy to use - Streamlines Organization - Allows collaboration between Employees with ease - Helps me maintain my PTO and hours worked - Calculates mileage for me

Cons

I have not had any issues whatsoever. My experience has been great!

Thx for the awesome feedback Kyle! We're so glad to hear that Hospice Tools helps!

LD

LISA D.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Not tech savvy but hospice tools is made for me

Time, time, time!! This system saves me a lot of time. I am old school , i have been a nurse for 23 years so i have always used paper and pen. The closest i had ever come to using anything techy was IV pumps and CBG machines. With that said this system is quite user friendly even for a person like myself .

Pros

I appreciate the flow of information once i log in. Everything i need to do makes absolute sense to me. When looking for information i am typically with a family or a patient and love that things are labeled for what they are. Information is not under some obscure tab, which allows me to find the information i am be looking for quickly and with ease. I am extremely comfortable with this operating system despite not having a great understanding of anything related to computers. Thank you kindly

Cons

I am unable to give any negative feedback about this system as it performs exactly the way and what i use it for everyday . Thank you kindly

Fantastic Lisa! Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We love to hear that and appreciate you taking the time. :-)

DC

Dayane C.

Hospice Tools Review

Hospice Tools has been great to use.

Pros

Nothing impactful, software is very user friendly, so easy to move around and understand.

Cons

In timekeeper, separating PTO and sick time balances would be great. Also, it would be better if time keeper could be something where you clock in and leaves you clocked in until you clock out in real time-so it stamps actual time.

Thanks for the positive feedback Dayane. We're glad to hear the tools are working for you. We'll forward the time off/sick-time carve outs to tech and see if we can add that or clarify how to make that work better. The clock in and out has a feature for on-call but for regular time, it is activity based to track actual times, activities, and documentation which would lose all that detail and validation with a warehouse worker clock in to start your day structure. Hope this helps! Thx!

BR

Brandon R.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Excellent EMR that follows regulations and is customizable

I have had an overall wonderful experience with Hospice Tools!!

Pros

I love how customizable the system is. The customer service is excellent and if I have any issues or need something changed, the tech team is quick to respond and figure out a way to fix the system the way I ask and still follow the rules and regulations of Medicare.

Cons

It is easy to duplicate patient accounts and facility profiles and they can't be deleted easily.

Thanks for the awesome feedback Brandon! Our security best practices prevent us from making it too easy to delete a patient or facility from the system. Those are issues we want to err on the side of caution. But I think there may be other ways to help deal with that issue. We'll discuss internally and see what we can come up with. Thx!

JM

Judith M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Hospice Tools is very user friendly and designed for Hospice care teams.

Excellent. Very happy with this EMR.

Pros

The care plans, progress notes, and visits notes are simple and easy to use, yet still prompt users to include all necessary information.

Cons

The software could prompt users more to eliminate the risk of overlooked task such as visit frequencies and care plan update. It would also be helpful if the software notified users when they are assigned a new patient.

Thanks for the fantastic review Judith! We're glad to hear that Hospice Tools really helps. We're planning some updates later this year that should deal with the prompt issues you've mentioned. Thx!

JG

Joe G.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Hospice Tools

An excellent addition to be able to access needed information any time and any where.

Pros

Very easy to learn and use. User friendly and applicable. Access across any device. Ongoing updates and added features. Valuable reporting features for auditing and monitoring activity. Comprehensive covering the spectrum of our practice.

Cons

I would like to see a more extensive search feature that categorizes chart subjects, type of note or who submitted.

Thanks for your great comments Joe! I'd like to hear more about how we can expand our search feature. Email me? Thx!

cm

cathy m.

Hospice Tools

that there are other ways to look up a patient other than there name. i like the phone number that you can look up

Pros

everything is right there and you don't have to go everywhere else to get the info.

Cons

that you have to change password so often .

Thanks for the great feedback Cathy. We know updating passwords can be annoying, but especially with mobile apps and hospice, best practices for security and HIPPA make that an issue that we can't really change right now. Glad that you love everything else! :-)

AK

Avi K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Great Hospice Software

Pros

It's easy to use. It's easy to use. It's easy to use. Even with that, it has great functionality, as well as some features that are missing from other hospice software. I love how Edocs, TimeKeeper and Billing all work together so well.

Cons

No real cons. If I would have to pick one thing, I would say that the aesthetics aren't as cool as they can be. However, that doesn't impact functionality at all.

Thanks for the great review Avi!

MG

Monica G.

Great EMR!

Pros

It's so simple to learn and to use! Even folks with limited computer literacy can quickly pick up on the workflow.

Cons

There's nothing I can think of offhand to list here! it's just great!

Thanks for the great review Monica! We're super happy to get your feedback and glad that Hospice Tools works so well for you and your team!

PD

Peter D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Daily User

Went from paper to Hospice Tools and never looked back!

Pros

Concise and ensures CMS compliance with proper input.

Cons

Not always gathers the right information for collating data such as parameters for filling out recertification documentation.

Thanks for the review Peter. I'd like to hear more about collating data parameters. Send me an email please. Thx!

jr

jayne r.

Review of hospice tools

no complaints

Pros

easy to use we have a great support team if we get stuck on anything

Cons

i havent found any real problems we have a great support team

Thank you for the fantastic review Jayne! We're so happy to hear how Hospice Tools helps you and your team!

TB

Tori B.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Pros

Is the flow of getting from one patient to the next

Cons

I wished you didn’t have to change your password so often

Hi Tori. Thanks for the great review! We appreciate it. We understand that while changing your password can be annoying, we follow HIPPA best practices for health-tech security. However, we are always looking for ways to improve the Hospice Tools experience and hopefully in the future there will be a new tech solution to make that process smoother. Thx!

DP

Dina P.

Very easily accessible.

Pros

This software is very easy to understand and follow. The topics cover all necessary information that needs to be documented.

Cons

I can picture any needed improvements at this time.

Thx for the awesome feedback Dina!