PrognoCIS

EHR & medical practice management solution

PrognoCIS Reviews

Amy S.

I like the cost and that the features are simple to use. It's affordable and fulfills Meaningful Use.

Umesh V.

The people at PrognoCIS have been easy to work with and very responsive. Very affordable compared to the other options and integrated telemedicine platform is a big plus.

Val W.

Cons

Our office billing staff was stuck fixing mistakes made by this departement that could have been avoided had they been handled in house.

SARAH H.

Prognocis, on the other hand, charges permonth for poor service with no significant money collected. If it weren't for my office manager, I would have received no payments at all.

Dr. Pamela C.

This company constantly comes out with updates that causes more problems than before. Their support is pathetic.

James L.

This reviewer only left a rating

My name is Dr. Roberto E. Puente, DPM, I own and operate a small solo, but very busy, long-term care podiatry practice that has been using PrognoCIS since July 2011. All patient encounters take place at nursing homes and assisted living facilities, so when we decided to go paperless and started to shop around for an EMR system, it became very clear to us that a cloud or web-based system was the way...

EHR use

Pros

It is easy to use. Entire team including support and billing are very accessible and quick to respond to any concerns. It is easily customized and is cost-effective especially for a small medical practice. I was worried in the beginning because the training was not done on-site, but the person who trained me was wonderful and very accessible and responsive to my needs which made it much easier than I had anticipated.

Cons

I wish I had the ability to make more minor changes on my own without having to go thru their IT support each time.

PrognoCIS review

Pros

This software is very affordable. It is relatively easy to use and move around in.

Cons

The customer support process is very difficult. If there is an urgent issue, a ticket is required with an open ended time frame for resolution. Many times it may take days to be contacted. Making changes to the templates for customization is extremely complicated. Adding procedures and orders to office visits is time consuming. The process for adding additional patients to an existing guarantor is repetitive and lengthy. The billing module doesn't follow some basic accounting principles and is very complicated when insurance companies require take backs or when posting remittances.

Administrator

I would rate my experience as A+++.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the support staff has been great from day one. The training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team was great. Being a small business makes thing difficult as is, the support I have received from PrognoCIS has been AMAZING!!!

Cons

At this point I don't have a least like. Everyday I learn more using the software and If I have a question they provide (Live person) customer service. I had a question about my bill and received a call from PrognoCIS leadership [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was extremely professional and was able to answer to my satisfaction.

PrognoCIS Review

Overall, my experience has been good.

Pros

Single sign on solution User interface, ease of use. Billing system ease of use All MACRA/QPP Updates as well CPT/ICD/HCPCS codes updates are included

Cons

I cannot really think of anything at the moment.

Not made for Mental Health

So I would say they have a programming side and a billing side. My biggest challenge was creating an encounter to model that of a behavioral health template. This was not the case in my experience. The people were very nice and was trying to provide what I needed but the time it was taking to create what most EHRs (this was my first EMR) already have in place caused a delay in me working with the RCM side to submit claims therefore I encountered a 30 day delay in claims submissions. If they fix this PrognoCIS would be an awesome product for Mental health Small Practices.

Pros

So many features but will benefit a larger company (i.e., facility, hospital, medical office). Video portal within the software, e-labs, e-prescribe, EMR specialty specific content library, scheduling and access to reports, clearing house fees, secured messaging, patient protal, appointment reminders, fax services, technical support and paper claims can be apart of your package. They are good to work with you to tailor make it and if you use their RCM company the software is included!

Cons

Patients are not getting their text/email reminders which affects appointment accountability (our numbers started to drop). EMR is really tailored to a medical office and not the behavioral health. For example they call their visits "encounters" which then you follow a table of contents tabs to enter data. That standard format has forms, terminology and templates that aide to a Medical Office (i.e.,...

5 years experience with Prognocis

Pros

Flexibility between user types (Providers, administrators, Setup, end users), supportive technical support and sales team, Works for our clinic & provider scheduling flow

Cons

Limitations on MIPS quality measures, have to flip through too many screens to do a simple process when I think it could be more concise, when a major update is done server crashes pretty religiously, large reports crash the EMR for other users, more user custom EHR reports would be helpful

Review of Prognocis EMR

Compared to our previous software, this has many advantages with access, reporting, and adjusting for tax reporting. There are still some features that have not been implemented yet but look like they will make using Prognocis even better.

Pros

Cloud based so accessible from anywhere. I have run reports from Austria! Customized - Bahamas implemented VAT and Prognocis team was able to accomodate. Reports - great for generating historical data and I can choose the fields.

Cons

Many descriptions for the same CPT code so too many choices for the doctors - take time to filter through, so I have had to add customized CPT codes for quick finds.

Adaptable Prognocis EMR

Have no comparison in developing software, but did not seem to have difficulty with my IT and the growth of the EMR with my pratice.

Pros

Started my medical practice with Prognocis. One of first on east coast in Maryland. Started very small , and have grown the practice several fold. Prognocis has grown with the practice and has evoled with the changes demanded with the electronic medical record industry.

Cons

Some changes are hard to make without the technical support of Prognocis. Sometimes with these changes it becomes costly.

Neither here nor there!

Overall they offer a one stop shop if your willing to pay for the additional services.

Pros

Software offers lots of features and ease of use.

Cons

Accessibility to features are not a combined deal, meaning its a la carte for features like billing or telehealth format.

Fantastic Web EMR, Great Mobile EMR, Amazing Customer Training/Support

Pros

WhiteCoat Medical Group has been using PrognoCIS EMR system for about a year now, since launching our healthcare services. We use both their web EMR, mobile EMR, and Revenue Cycle Management. WhiteCoat offers medical home visits via our patient web platform where patients can utilize to make appointment requests. WhiteCoat providers are always on the go, thus requiring a simple and easy-to-use mobile...

Cons

The only thing I wish from PrognoCIS is an updated app with e-RX feature on the iOS application EMR, but after speaking with a PrognoCIS representative, there's a new version coming out. Looking forward to seeing it!

Wonderful

Just to note this is our 3rd EMR system and by far better then the others. After spending a large amount of money on "in office" servers, technical support contracts, maintenance. We were at wits end, and finally at the end of the contract. This system was recommended to us and within 3 months we were up and running and able to cancel the other, without missing a beat at a much lower cost. One more thing, we just moved our practice after 34 years, the convenience of only having to plug in our computers and log on was GREAT!! no IT techs or moving installers needed to bring EMR online. BEST MOVE WE EVER MADE.

Pros

PrognoCIS is the perfect EMR/Billing system for us. The remote access from Desktop to mobile is so convenient we don’t have to worry about waiting til the next day to access a patient chart. We are a solo practice and with this system being so user friendly, we were able to tailor it to our practice. I like that it has several features, and we are able to utilize only what we need. Big shout out to the technical customer service personal are wonderful, we have only had a few format problems but were able to solve in a timely matter. Also, very easy to use with The Dragon dictation system.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the few times the system went down, but since we are cloud based this can be expected. It never lasted more then few minutes.

5 years and holding strong

Pros

We have been with PrognoCIS for 5 years after experiencing an epic failure with another EHR solution. Our practice is a small private medical office and flexibility is paramount to optimizing our functionality. We were looking to stay clear of the old large dinosaur solutions most prevalent in the EHR market and we found PrognoCIS. Our relationship with PrognoCIS has been one of growing appreciation...

Cons

There are a tremendous number of reports but sorting through them is a challenge. I struggle with understanding the logic with their naming conventions. The good news is that there has been significant improvement with the "Tech Support" so the response time is more reasonable. I appreciate that Bizmatics continues to work on communication skills with the end user and the tech support team. To provide the correct solution one must first understand the issue. My understanding is that this is an industry challenge but Bizmatics has made concerted efforts to improve customer communications with tech support.

We keep discovering new features and ways to improve our workflows

We have been using PrognoCIS since 2007 and found it very easy to get up and going on. We were assigned knowledgeable staff who understood our needs and helped us to configure the system for optimum effect in our daily tasks. Support has always been very responsive and since their transition to being more US based support, the communication is even better.

Pros

It is a very comprehensive EMR (and billing system) with just about every feature I can imagine, without slowing me down. You can activate, or hide whichever features you wish. It communicates beautifully with all my labs, physicians and other vendors. The fact that it is compatible with Windows and Apple, has a very nice IPhone app for both EMR and patient portal.

Cons

The reporting on the clinical side does not currently allow me to create my own reports, even though there is a large library to choose from. On the billing side, I am able to customize them nicely, so I think it should not be long until that is addressed

Podiatry Billing Company Meets with Success with PrognoCIS

Pros

The software offers a systematic approach to billing with easy access to all the various components of the process. It is easy to maneuver from screen to screen to input the data or to review and analyze a patient's account. The reports are comprehensive to give a full analysis of the practice and enable you to evaluate all aspects. Support will develop specialized reports to meet your individual needs so it is customized for you and your practice, which is a wonderful feature. When I speak to patients on the phone, I can easily discuss their entire account with them with a clear picture of what has been billed, what has been paid by insurance, and what a patient's responsibility is.

Cons

I would like the program to have the capability of making all the claims ready to send with just a click of a button. I understand the logic of having to review each claim for accuracy before sending to the insurance carrier, yet, once reviewed, it would be nice not to have to individually check off each claim to be ready to send. With the transition to ICD-10, the new updated version of PrognoCIS has changed the way you input the diagnosis. The change is a bit more time-consuming. I am hopeful that with the next update, this will be addressed to enable one to quickly enter or select the diagnosis.

Streamlined, easy to use and comprehensive!

Pros

The system is easy to use, I can customize myself on the fly and I like the ability to be able to access on my PC, Apple (Mac or IPad at home) or via IPhone App. The clinical flow over to the financial billing side, is a breeze. After using a few other systems, I saw the designers of PrognoCIS truly understand how a clinical office functions and each time this system has met our changing needs. The support turnaround has been responsive and their knowledge of the product and how it applies to our situations, has always been excellent. We have been with PrognoCIS since 2007 and have seen them always continue to improve, with excellent program features and more recently, the shifting of their support more towards the US. It is rare to find such sincereity in companies today.

Cons

Hard to say anything negative. I know creating good software is never easy and there are always going to be moments of frustration, but they have been far and few between and handled quickly and well.

Until this latest update, the system was very good. We were satisfied.

Pros

At the presentation, it looked simple, straightforward, and user-friendly. Now, after updates, it is much more complicated and bulky. At the beginning, we had one technical support person, who was always available, helpful, and patient, so we really worked as a team. In general, the product is reasonably functional, satisfying our needs.

Cons

It requires too many clicks on different pages to complete some steps (eg., the Medications Section on the Face Sheet). There are too many different pages to be completed in general; it takes too much time to finish up a file. We don't have personal tech support person anymore; the ticket system is not that quick or efficient, and sometimes tickets get closed without being solved satisfactorily for...

Left High and Dry by Prognocis After a Data Breach

Stay away from Prognocis! Their customer support is abysmal and getting any response from them is like pulling teeth. Bottom line is their management of our data cost our practice thousands of dollars. Based on my experience, if Prognocis was the only EHR out there, I would skip it and use paper charts.

Pros

Hard to isolate any pros from among the mountain of cons, but I'll try... I never had to change my Prognocis password once in the whole six years I used the program. That's all I've got.

Cons

Data breach - their system was not secure enough to withstand a hacker attack, resulting in a major data breach. They notified our practice of the breach of their system and then declined to assist with any of the resulting fallout, costing our company many thousands of dollars. They did help other practices that were victims of the breach, but refused to help us clean up the mess they made. Customer...

Good EHR, extremely poor support and customer services

Been using it for most than two years. My major issue has been with appropriate training, support at the site, poor remote support (not located in US) and delayed responses. If you have to connect ancillary equipment, such as printers, ID scanners, etc the software has very limited options. It only work with windows explorer and even though it crashes several times a day. Once you know it is not difficult to use but in order to get to that level at least we had to go over many trials and errors since the support once installed was almost inexistent and the tutorials were not of help.

Pros

With the proper support and training it could be a very helpful tool. Is not difficult to use.

Cons

Poor and deficient Customer Service. Almost non existent support in site, mostly remote. The customer service appears to be located outside the US and there are many communication issues. The response can be delayed. Looks like they have no commitment once they sell you the product. In one occasion I asked them to configure something for our practice and their response was that was too complicated...

Prognocis EMR/PM software

We have had this software since 2012. There have been several hiccups that we have had to overcome. I believe we were their first high volume multidisciplinary practice they contracted with. Although we had training on the software and then implemented a year later, there are some workflow issues. We are not your "standard" office workflow and I am sure it is challenging for their IT/support team.

Pros

ease of access. PM/bill side, I love the fact that you can access every task from one screen, regardless of which screen you are in.

Cons

Training videos has improved tremendously over the last couple of years on the EMR side, although "new user training" is not geared for the new employee training. The PM/Bill module does not have enough training videos for adequate training and common workflow, although this has been improved over the years as well. They are definitely coming along as they grow. I do not like the fact that we can never get in touch with anyone in tech support or billing and always having to leave a message for their return call. Since we are cloud based, if Prognocis goes down, our office is down. If you can have an onsite server, I would probably recommend that.

Easy to learn, flows well.

So far I think this is a great EMR, a few glitches here and there but that is to be expected. The ease of use is a plus and great customer service so far.

Pros

Ability to log in to the program from any computer, anywhere. Efficient customer service Ease of use availability of customer service or questions for other departments, my emails are always answered in a timely manner Live chat for technical issues

Cons

I have a hard time understanding most of customer service tech, they fix what is needed but sometimes its hard to communicate exactly what you need. When creating a template, I find some of the process a little confusing, there are so many different places you have to input the info

Medical Office Biller

Excellent.

Pros

Easy to Navigate, ability to move freely from EMR to Billing Feature. I love the Tabular reports which help in troubleshooting when staff has problems, also customer service is great.

Cons

Registration, Language Preference should have a drop down instead of looking it up, then having to scroll down the list or type in and then you have to check the language and click Ok. To many steps.

This reviewer only left a rating

I was looking with my colleague for and EMR three years ago and wanted a system that was web-based to allow access from any location and avoid the issues of in office server maintenance. We found at that time Prognocis to be the best system for us. Since we are a psychiatric practice and there were no specific modules for our specialty in Prognocis, they created the specific templates for us and...

Simple and effective

Prognocis covers all of the basics that you need in an EMR. The lower cost was important in our practice as we had limited funds and wanted a system that could sustain itself. The software continues to evolve which is great news for an ever changing environment. The face page is well later out to give you a snap shot if the patient's medical problems, history and medications. As with any EMR, this is only as good as the information you initially load from a patient so work on the front end makes the record much better!

great program, highly recommended

although support is hard to understand, they always fix our issue.

Pros

It's super easy to learn and it flows well with our work flow. New providers have had no problem learning the system quickly.

Cons

honestly my complaint is that technical support is always a person who does not speak english well and super hard to understand