PrognoCIS Logo

EHR & medical practice management solution

PrognoCIS Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
charm-ehr

The people at PrognoCIS have been easy to work with and very responsive. Very affordable compared to the other options and integrated telemedicine platform is a big plus.
The support turnaround has been responsive and their knowledge of the product and how it applies to our situations, has always been excellent.
I like the cost and that the features are simple to use. It's affordable and fulfills Meaningful Use.
Our office billing staff was stuck fixing mistakes made by this departement that could have been avoided had they been handled in house.
This company constantly comes out with updates that causes more problems than before. Their support is pathetic.
Prognocis, on the other hand, charges permonth for poor service with no significant money collected. If it weren't for my office manager, I would have received no payments at all.

JL

Jacqueline L.

great program, highly recommended

although support is hard to understand, they always fix our issue.

Pros

It's super easy to learn and it flows well with our work flow. New providers have had no problem learning the system quickly.

Cons

honestly my complaint is that technical support is always a person who does not speak english well and super hard to understand

MT

MARK T M.

Adaptable Prognocis EMR

Have no comparison in developing software, but did not seem to have difficulty with my IT and the growth of the EMR with my pratice.

Pros

Started my medical practice with Prognocis. One of first on east coast in Maryland. Started very small , and have grown the practice several fold. Prognocis has grown with the practice and has evoled with the changes demanded with the electronic medical record industry.

Cons

Some changes are hard to make without the technical support of Prognocis. Sometimes with these changes it becomes costly.

LR

LA R.

Used other for 2+ years

Left High and Dry by Prognocis After a Data Breach

Stay away from Prognocis! Their customer support is abysmal and getting any response from them is like pulling teeth. Bottom line is their management of our data cost our practice thousands of dollars. Based on my experience, if Prognocis was the only EHR out there, I would skip it and use paper charts.

Pros

Hard to isolate any pros from among the mountain of cons, but I'll try... I never had to change my Prognocis password once in the whole six years I used the program. That's all I've got.

Cons

Data breach - their system was not secure enough to withstand a hacker attack, resulting in a major data breach. They notified our practice of the breach of their system and then declined to assist with any of the resulting fallout, costing our company many thousands of dollars. They did help other practices that were victims of the breach, but refused to help us clean up the mess they made. Customer...

ml

missy l.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Easy to learn, flows well.

So far I think this is a great EMR, a few glitches here and there but that is to be expected. The ease of use is a plus and great customer service so far.

Pros

Ability to log in to the program from any computer, anywhere. Efficient customer service Ease of use availability of customer service or questions for other departments, my emails are always answered in a timely manner Live chat for technical issues

Cons

I have a hard time understanding most of customer service tech, they fix what is needed but sometimes its hard to communicate exactly what you need. When creating a template, I find some of the process a little confusing, there are so many different places you have to input the info

DM

Donna M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Neither here nor there!

Overall they offer a one stop shop if your willing to pay for the additional services.

Pros

Software offers lots of features and ease of use.

Cons

Accessibility to features are not a combined deal, meaning its a la carte for features like billing or telehealth format.

CO

Carlos O.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Good EHR, extremely poor support and customer services

Been using it for most than two years. My major issue has been with appropriate training, support at the site, poor remote support (not located in US) and delayed responses. If you have to connect ancillary equipment, such as printers, ID scanners, etc the software has very limited options. It only work with windows explorer and even though it crashes several times a day. Once you know it is not difficult to use but in order to get to that level at least we had to go over many trials and errors since the support once installed was almost inexistent and the tutorials were not of help.

Pros

With the proper support and training it could be a very helpful tool. Is not difficult to use.

Cons

Poor and deficient Customer Service. Almost non existent support in site, mostly remote. The customer service appears to be located outside the US and there are many communication issues. The response can be delayed. Looks like they have no commitment once they sell you the product. In one occasion I asked them to configure something for our practice and their response was that was too complicated...

LP

Leah P.

PrognoCis

It has been a very smooth experience dealing with customer service, the ease of the software itself.

Pros

The customer service is excellent and the turnaround time to fix an issue is quick!

Cons

It's internet based so if the internet goes down, you can't use the software.

GB

Genesis B.

Good system

Experience has been good, helps us in our everyday business.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly, it is easy to use and has a lot of features.

Cons

At times there a glitches in the system and when contacting support it take some time to fix.

RG

Robert G.

REVIEW

Pros

GOOD PRODUCT EFFICENT FOR WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR OFFICE

Cons

SOMETIMES UPDATES CAN CAUSE ISSUES TYPICALLY FIXED SOON AFTER

RL

Raul L.

Administrator

I would rate my experience as A+++.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the support staff has been great from day one. The training with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her team was great. Being a small business makes thing difficult as is, the support I have received from PrognoCIS has been AMAZING!!!

Cons

At this point I don't have a least like. Everyday I learn more using the software and If I have a question they provide (Live person) customer service. I had a question about my bill and received a call from PrognoCIS leadership [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was extremely professional and was able to answer to my satisfaction.

SH

SARAH H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

We had a miserable experience switching over to Prognocis.

The experience of data entry because it didn't carry over any of our old data.

Pros

Once everything is set up, the view in the patient's chart makes everything easily accessible. The electronic fax receipt makes it faster for us to process the documents faster.

Cons

When we switched over to this system they promised that our patient information would be transferred over from our other system. We didn't find out until it was too late that they meant they would upload a PDF version of the patients medical history, and we would have to manually enter it into the system. The providers were constantly irritated that the information they needed was not in the patients...

DV

DANIELA V.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

The worst emr I've used to date

It has been poor overall

Pros

unfortunately it has no features that have performed as I was made to believe and it has nothing that I would find appealing.

Cons

1. The handling of clients with issues by supervising staff of Prognocis 2. IT is not knowledgeable of emr, working with staff in India and communication and time of meeting is challenging 3. Expensive regarding time, monthly charges, cost on practicing weekly and coming off emr

CN

Chris N.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

BEWARE: Horrible integration and customer service; Extorting us when we cancelled.

Horrible experience from start to finish. The icing on the cake is that they now informed us we must pay them 2500.00 to obtain PHI of our patients for retention of the records or they re deleted last day of service (unless we pay the 2500) That's extortion.

Pros

Honestly. Nothing. It's been a headache from the start.

Cons

Extremely poor implementations. Features promised never materialized including DOT implementation. Using them for billing which was a huge mistake. Once we took over our own billing we realized thousands had incorrectly been billed and/or not followed up on.

PC

Pattie C.

Medical Practice,

Needs better customer support.

Pros

Can access EMR from any computer. Customizable to your needs.

Cons

They are all accommodating when trying to sell their product, but they drop the ball once you are a customer. It is difficult to get help from customer support, and we are often dealing with language barriers. Often the system goes down in the middle of our work day, and you can't get a rapid response. Due to current and changing insurance requirements, small changes and tweaks often need to be made. We find it a lengthy and laborious process trying to get prompt help and assistance. A better system would be to assign a contact person or support person to each account. It is most frustrating dealing with their tech support in India and different time zones. We have left messages and had them returned at odd times.

MP

Meredith P.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

We used this system for many years

Pros

Very customizable, you can create your own templates and schedules and it is easy to use once you understand.

Cons

Can be hard to get support, the techs are out of the country and it can be hard to get up with them, slow response time

MG

Mark G.

PrognoCis

Overall on EHR side product is acceptable, with a little bit more work by the Company it could be easily improved

Pros

Ease of use, customizability

Cons

Poor for reporting PQRS and MU. My main complaint is the poor aesthetics of the records it generates, this could easily be improved if the company made the effort. Also, the Customer support mostly comes from India, there are time zone issues but more importantly language barriers that are significant. I do not feel their support people "think like doctors" therefore with the language it is hard to get them to understand the problems. I have reached out to their Manager of Customer support with little interest in addressing issues. When I bought the product I have assured all of the customer support was in the US, this is blatantly not true.

JD

Jan D.

Medical Practice,

Overall quite pleased with this product, compared to several others

Pros

The implementation is excellent. You may not like the syntax of the system at first, but you can edit and alter all you'd like, as well as have custom templates set up. It takes time, but you'll get it right where you want it in time. Having used several other systems, so far, this is better by a huge margin. The support is good, implementation is excellent and it's affordable. When I requested...

Cons

The time it takes to get it all the way you want it, but it's worth it. I have hardly needed tech support and it has been adequate but not stellar. That could be improved.

JW

Jana W.

PrognoCIS EMR

Pros

it is fairly intuitive, and there are very few pop-up screens. The business is keeping up with Meaningful Use. I like the format of the notes and the face page.

Cons

Tech support seems overwhelmed. Some issues just don't get addressed. For example, in Rx, you can auto-populate the pharmacy. Initially, all of our local pharmacies were present, and now we have pharmacies in Florida, Roswell, NM, and Amarillo, TX. So I have quit using that.I have asked for it to be fixed a couple of times, but I just don't think it is a priority. I don't like how if you type in a med and change it to PRN, all of the data you entered will change. So you have to remember to type in PRN first. If you choose long-term after typing it in, that won't happen There are times that the system is really slow. It may be a for a few hours or a day. I hope that as the system improves, this will happen less often.

SO

Shelby O.

Highly recommend

Pros

Wonderful software! Our new providers have had no issues navigating throughout the program. Schedule is easy to understand.

Cons

The technical support is never that helpful, they do not speak English very well. That is my only complaint with this software.

SH

Suhail H.

This reviewer only left a rating

My name is Dr. Suhail Haque, and I am the president of American Pain Institute, Inc. We have been a client of PrognoCIS for the last several months. As such, I have been working closely with the implementation team. I wanted to take this opportunity and write a few words about them. Let me start by saying that I am extremely impressed. I believe you are very fortunate to have folks like these on your...

GR

Gloria R.

Medical Practice,

My doctors are very happy with PrognoCIS

Pros

I like PrognoCIS' ability to customize reports and templates. The ability to have our fax interface with PronoCIS is a great feature. We can easily attach a fax to a patient's record and fax out referrals, letters, etc. The electronic prescription works very well and is a terrific feature. Customer support staff is very patient and friendly. The training webinars they offer are very helpful. We feel that PrognoCIS is up-to-date with all the requirements for Meaningful Use and is always thinking of the future.

Cons

Communication was somewhat difficult at first due to a language barrier. But PrognoCIS listened to their clients, and this is much improved. PrognoCIS customer support staff has always been very patient and respectful.

VK

Vadim K.

PrognoCIS Review

Pros

They are up to date with all of the Meaningful Use requirements and are a very affordable option. The system is very easy to navigate if you are used to a Windows platform and how Microsoft Office operates (click down, pull down options).

Cons

Getting a hold of the support staff is sometimes an adventure. Once you get a hold of them, most problems are resolved quickly. But if there is a bug in the system, it gets sent back to the engineers and takes a long time to be resolved (sometimes months). The big upgrades (version upgrade) was very hectic with a steep learning curve. There were lots of bugs in the system and lots of extra/new steps. We are back to normal functioning levels/speed now, but after much struggle.

LE

LaShaun E.

Prognocis

When I had the demo, the software seemed pretty comprehensive.

Pros

It met all the standards of what I think I need to work efficiently. It can work on all the electronic devices, the training team is friendly and available.

Cons

The user interface could look a little more updated. The icons are very small and like an old Nintendo game character. The training and set up process is very long, expect 6-8 weeks to be safe and is the main reason I gave the ease of use rating 3 stars.

KR

Kristina R.

This reviewer only left a rating

I work for Invex Medical Management Solutions. We have partnered with PrognoCIS in May 2012. We have implemented one client so far and are looking forward to many more in the future. The functionality of PrognoCIS far exceeds the capabilities of any other EMR. The customer service is superior with PrognoCIS. If my client has a problem, the staff of PrognoCIS is quick to call our client to get the...

UG

Usha G.

PrognoCIS EMR - The BEST

Pros

This software is best suited for a small medical practice. It worked well for our busy primary care medical practice. It has many choices of interfaces which will satisfy any option a practitioner would need to implement electronic medical records for their practice. Most importantly their training and support is awesome!

Cons

Took longer to integrate labs and radiology interfaces than I expected. Still it is worth because the software is easy to use.