PrognoCIS Logo

PrognoCIS

EHR & medical practice management solution

PrognoCIS Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.01/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The people at PrognoCIS have been easy to work with and very responsive. Very affordable compared to the other options and integrated telemedicine platform is a big plus.
The support turnaround has been responsive and their knowledge of the product and how it applies to our situations, has always been excellent.
I like the cost and that the features are simple to use. It's affordable and fulfills Meaningful Use.
Our office billing staff was stuck fixing mistakes made by this departement that could have been avoided had they been handled in house.
This company constantly comes out with updates that causes more problems than before. Their support is pathetic.
Prognocis, on the other hand, charges permonth for poor service with no significant money collected. If it weren't for my office manager, I would have received no payments at all.

LP

Leah P.

PrognoCis

It has been a very smooth experience dealing with customer service, the ease of the software itself.

Pros

The customer service is excellent and the turnaround time to fix an issue is quick!

Cons

It's internet based so if the internet goes down, you can't use the software.

MM

Mona M.

Podiatry Billing Company Meets with Success with PrognoCIS

Pros

The software offers a systematic approach to billing with easy access to all the various components of the process. It is easy to maneuver from screen to screen to input the data or to review and analyze a patient's account. The reports are comprehensive to give a full analysis of the practice and enable you to evaluate all aspects. Support will develop specialized reports to meet your individual needs so it is customized for you and your practice, which is a wonderful feature. When I speak to patients on the phone, I can easily discuss their entire account with them with a clear picture of what has been billed, what has been paid by insurance, and what a patient's responsibility is.

Cons

I would like the program to have the capability of making all the claims ready to send with just a click of a button. I understand the logic of having to review each claim for accuracy before sending to the insurance carrier, yet, once reviewed, it would be nice not to have to individually check off each claim to be ready to send. With the transition to ICD-10, the new updated version of PrognoCIS has changed the way you input the diagnosis. The change is a bit more time-consuming. I am hopeful that with the next update, this will be addressed to enable one to quickly enter or select the diagnosis.

LR

LA R.

Used other for 2+ years

Left High and Dry by Prognocis After a Data Breach

Stay away from Prognocis! Their customer support is abysmal and getting any response from them is like pulling teeth. Bottom line is their management of our data cost our practice thousands of dollars. Based on my experience, if Prognocis was the only EHR out there, I would skip it and use paper charts.

Pros

Hard to isolate any pros from among the mountain of cons, but I'll try... I never had to change my Prognocis password once in the whole six years I used the program. That's all I've got.

Cons

Data breach - their system was not secure enough to withstand a hacker attack, resulting in a major data breach. They notified our practice of the breach of their system and then declined to assist with any of the resulting fallout, costing our company many thousands of dollars. They did help other practices that were victims of the breach, but refused to help us clean up the mess they made. Customer...

MT

MARK T M.

Adaptable Prognocis EMR

Have no comparison in developing software, but did not seem to have difficulty with my IT and the growth of the EMR with my pratice.

Pros

Started my medical practice with Prognocis. One of first on east coast in Maryland. Started very small , and have grown the practice several fold. Prognocis has grown with the practice and has evoled with the changes demanded with the electronic medical record industry.

Cons

Some changes are hard to make without the technical support of Prognocis. Sometimes with these changes it becomes costly.

ml

missy l.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Easy to learn, flows well.

So far I think this is a great EMR, a few glitches here and there but that is to be expected. The ease of use is a plus and great customer service so far.

Pros

Ability to log in to the program from any computer, anywhere. Efficient customer service Ease of use availability of customer service or questions for other departments, my emails are always answered in a timely manner Live chat for technical issues

Cons

I have a hard time understanding most of customer service tech, they fix what is needed but sometimes its hard to communicate exactly what you need. When creating a template, I find some of the process a little confusing, there are so many different places you have to input the info

DM

Donna M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Neither here nor there!

Overall they offer a one stop shop if your willing to pay for the additional services.

Pros

Software offers lots of features and ease of use.

Cons

Accessibility to features are not a combined deal, meaning its a la carte for features like billing or telehealth format.

SW

Stacy W.

Simple and effective

Prognocis covers all of the basics that you need in an EMR. The lower cost was important in our practice as we had limited funds and wanted a system that could sustain itself. The software continues to evolve which is great news for an ever changing environment. The face page is well later out to give you a snap shot if the patient's medical problems, history and medications. As with any EMR, this is only as good as the information you initially load from a patient so work on the front end makes the record much better!

JL

Jacqueline L.

great program, highly recommended

although support is hard to understand, they always fix our issue.

Pros

It's super easy to learn and it flows well with our work flow. New providers have had no problem learning the system quickly.

Cons

honestly my complaint is that technical support is always a person who does not speak english well and super hard to understand

BO

Barbara O.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

PrognoCIS EMR

The Bizmatic's development team has been instrumental in assisting us to customize a solution to automate our current operations. This customization includes automation of test results from medical equipment used in our Medical Clinic, the design of a Drug & Alcohol Randomization Tool for the Work Place Drug & Alcohol Program, a design of an Employee Assistance Program module and design of a specialized Workers' Compensation module to track and report payments. The software is extremely intuitive, easy to use and easily customizable by the end-user.

Pros

Quick navigation. Affordable. Integration with external data is available. Vendor ability for customized module development. Sales, development and implementation staff are easy to work with.

Cons

Feedback is sometimes delayed as many developers are in India.

BP

Bina P.

I wouldn't buy an EHR that cost and arm and leg when I have PrognoCIS

Pros

They customize all of our templates and diagrams. We were looking for a vendor that could build an interface with our practice management system. We are a dermatology office, so we don't need all the bells and whistles as some of the other vendors out there. I honestly have to say from sales to programmers to everyone in support, this is the best software out there for everything from single doctors to a big group practice. We've had opportunities to change to vendors who are dermatology-specific, but we won't because we like this product and its functionality.

Cons

From my experience with other software IT experience, tech support tends to take to long to fix issues. But I have to say we've been with them for the past three years, the support has improved significantly, and all my questions are addressed when they do call me.

DP

Dr. Pamela C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

A Real Scam

With so many EMR/EHR systems to choose from, and conducting hours of research, I chose the worse of the worse. No ease in use. No logic in use. No VPN to maintain settings, instead they expect a medical office not to update their computers in order to keep the original settings on internet explorer. Cannot use chrome. Cannot keep up with HIPAA regulations due to the settings inability to be updated....

Pros

The demo was great!

Cons

This system cost me alot with monthly fees and my IT team trying to get it to work with our brand new system. It is antiquated, slow, kicks you off the server, loses notes, does not interface with the pharmacies and generates absolutely no income whatsoever.

JD

Jan D.

Medical Practice,

Overall quite pleased with this product, compared to several others

Pros

The implementation is excellent. You may not like the syntax of the system at first, but you can edit and alter all you'd like, as well as have custom templates set up. It takes time, but you'll get it right where you want it in time. Having used several other systems, so far, this is better by a huge margin. The support is good, implementation is excellent and it's affordable. When I requested...

Cons

The time it takes to get it all the way you want it, but it's worth it. I have hardly needed tech support and it has been adequate but not stellar. That could be improved.

SH

SARAH H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

We had a miserable experience switching over to Prognocis.

The experience of data entry because it didn't carry over any of our old data.

Pros

Once everything is set up, the view in the patient's chart makes everything easily accessible. The electronic fax receipt makes it faster for us to process the documents faster.

Cons

When we switched over to this system they promised that our patient information would be transferred over from our other system. We didn't find out until it was too late that they meant they would upload a PDF version of the patients medical history, and we would have to manually enter it into the system. The providers were constantly irritated that the information they needed was not in the patients...

JW

Jana W.

PrognoCIS EMR

Pros

it is fairly intuitive, and there are very few pop-up screens. The business is keeping up with Meaningful Use. I like the format of the notes and the face page.

Cons

Tech support seems overwhelmed. Some issues just don't get addressed. For example, in Rx, you can auto-populate the pharmacy. Initially, all of our local pharmacies were present, and now we have pharmacies in Florida, Roswell, NM, and Amarillo, TX. So I have quit using that.I have asked for it to be fixed a couple of times, but I just don't think it is a priority. I don't like how if you type in a med and change it to PRN, all of the data you entered will change. So you have to remember to type in PRN first. If you choose long-term after typing it in, that won't happen There are times that the system is really slow. It may be a for a few hours or a day. I hope that as the system improves, this will happen less often.

AG

Arley G.

Second to none

Pros

I like that I have options for the work flow. I can scan via network directly into system. I can scan via desk top, or I scan one touch from an older model of scanner. I didn't have to buy new scanner. In addition, the sign in pad, ID, and label printer makes our work flow very efficient.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of anything at the moment. I've been using software for 1 year now. Everything I request is completed in a timely matter. I receive status right into my software, and I have many resources to learn more about the system.

DV

DANIELA V.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

The worst emr I've used to date

It has been poor overall

Pros

unfortunately it has no features that have performed as I was made to believe and it has nothing that I would find appealing.

Cons

1. The handling of clients with issues by supervising staff of Prognocis 2. IT is not knowledgeable of emr, working with staff in India and communication and time of meeting is challenging 3. Expensive regarding time, monthly charges, cost on practicing weekly and coming off emr

MP

Mary P.

Zapata Primary Care

Pros

I appreciate the ease of developing the format for our EMR. Bizmatics has worked closely with us to help us develop what will work for us. I have worked with several EMRs in my career and have found PrognoCIS to be the one that has been most provider-friendly. Our staff here in the office also enjoys the simplicity of the program. In our staff meetings, it is frequently remarked by someone that they appreciate our PrognoCIS. Also, the assistance in coding and billing is great.

Cons

Sometimes it takes 24-48 hours turnaround time to get what we want. We sometimes forget that not everything can be instant.

JT

Janette T.

Good product

Pros

As a specialty healthcare provider, we needed a highly-customizable Electronic Medical Records system, and PrognoCIS was able to do this for us. It is also a relatively easy system to use and to train others to use.

Cons

It can be challenging to get a response from technical support in a reasonable period of time. It's often at least 24 hours before anyone returns a phone call. If more substantial changes need to be made, such as updating documentation templates, at least 30 days are required to make changes to and implement the new template. Followup after changes are made is often poor. You have to check back with them to see if the changes have been made that you requested, because there is very little proactive communication on their part.

SH

Suhail H.

This reviewer only left a rating

My name is Dr. Suhail Haque, and I am the president of American Pain Institute, Inc. We have been a client of PrognoCIS for the last several months. As such, I have been working closely with the implementation team. I wanted to take this opportunity and write a few words about them. Let me start by saying that I am extremely impressed. I believe you are very fortunate to have folks like these on your...

VN

Valerie N.

Used other for 2+ years

Long time user

Pros

It is very easy to get comfortable using the software. There is a lot more to it if you allow yourself to continue to learn and explore it's features.

Cons

Tech support can be patchy but it is obvious that the company cares and has place good efforts in improvements

PC

Paul C.

Paul C. Interventional Pain Specialist

Pros

Implementation and support was phenomenal. The after sale service and support is always available to help in adjusting the system to it would work to the best for my practice

Cons

Nothing at the moment, maybe I would like to have more freedom to customize the system even more on my own. But the tech support is pretty good to handle most of the adjustments

SU

Sarah U.

My experience with PrognoCIS

Pros

I like the ease of getting through the medical records. I also like the fact that I can fax someone different attachments through the MR. That saves lots of paper and time. If I ever have an issue, technical support is always quick to answer my call, and they are always polite and courteous.

Cons

The update that just went out created lots of problems that we had to call and fix, some of which they are still working on. Also, there isn't a way to attach the patient's demographics when you are sending an electronic fax. This is very important to fax when you are sending a referral.

AG

Ashley G.

This reviewer only left a rating

We have been using PrognoCIS since our center opened on March 1, 2011. The contracting process was very easy, implementation went smoothly, and our ongoing IT support has been incredible. IT needs specific to our center have been addressed in a timely manner and with good outcomes. It's always nice when a friendly voice answers the phone to assist with any questions we have. PrognoCIS was extremely...

FH

Frank H.

This reviewer only left a rating

In early 2010, we opened our practice with an EMR/PM system that we believed would work for well dermatology. After several months effort, we found that the system didn't work as advertised. We researched about a dozen new systems, and selected BizMatic's ProcnoCIS system because it was found to be intuitive, feature rich, and provided an interface that made it possible to migrate patient data into...

IF

Irina F.

Long Term Customer. Still very satisfied

We have been using PrognoCIS for almost 10 years now. While many of our colleagues discuss changing from one product to another, we are not. The customer support and tech support team have been beefed up and now if I call, I expect to get right through. Happy to report. Years ago, maybe not. But now, absolutely. I would be pleased to recommend.

Pros

Ease of use. Workflow. Company stands by their product.

Cons

Years ago, I would have said customer hold times.