All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

RevolutionEHR Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

Everything in the system is extremely easy to use, very user friendly and the customer service support is amazing.

Cynthia L.

Read the full review
This software is super user friendly. I came in to the business after it had already been installed so it's what I started with, but I can't imagine using any other software.

Nikki B.

Read the full review
I love that it has buttons that allow you to put "normal" test findings in quickly. I love the Task feature to send jobs to staff members.

Carrie S.

Read the full review

Cons

The incessant "drag and drop" method of carrying charges over to separate parties is very very time consuming. If you are thinking of leaving Compulink (as we did) this is the biggest drawback.

Ryan S.

Read the full review
Speak with physicians who have used the product for some time. I visited a national conference and observed what doctors who were stopping by the booths were asking and complaining about.

Trace and Cheryl B.

Read the full review
ERH's are a pain and may make it easier to find a record... but make it much harder to be on a doctor-to-patient level with those sitting in my exam chair.

Read the full review

This is my first experience with "paperless" records- wholly an excellent, easy to use product.

quickly keep track of inventory, check the schedules, use anywhere there is a reliable internet connection- I've been on vacation and been able to help staff answer questions and complete records. Its a reliable work horse.

Pros

The ease of use in record taking- with training and familiarity, it became second nature within a few days. Its even better once patient's return for their repeat exams in subsequent years. I'll use the phrase, "How did I get along before this?" I love how much more complete I can make the record- recording even more detail than I did with paper records. I highly recommend this product, but, its going to cost you.

Cons

The inability to easily take a previous report (for eg. Diabetic reports to physicians), transfer it forward and just modify the date and few particulars. Also, the inability to easily reorder the same contact lenses, but with the updated rx- the current system requires the entire order to be started from scratch again. The drawing feature is unwieldy.

RevolutionEHR

One of the best things I’ve encountered so far was the helpfulness of staff from the device transfer team (specifically Paul). He has gone above and beyond my expectations and has been extremely easy to work with.

Pros

I really like how you can customize everything to make flow more efficient.

Cons

Calendar system. I wish you were able to look at more than one day at a time. A full week overlook would be very beneficial

An Optometrists' Best Friend!

Pros

I love how accessible RevolutionEHR makes patient files—past and present. Also, the ability to merge duplicate patient files (for example, one from 3 years ago and one from a recent visit) is remarkable. I also like the design of the software, as it is easy to navigate.

Cons

I do not like how the software can be glitchy. At times, RevolutionEHR will not allow me to login to my account unless I try several different times. This can be very frustrating with a busy day with many patients to look up.

not responsive to how I want to practice

I work part time at the office where I use Revolution, and I would not have it in my office. Perhaps I would feel differently with additional training (I had about 30 minutes to show me a few of the features). But I don't think so, reading back over my "cons" list.

Pros

Cons

1. About 9 clicks required to print a glasses Rx, after the Rx is entered. Why so many? 2. Does not have newer contacts in the data base, and will not allow me to enter them manually. Have to hand write rx's and scan them in. Can't list trials dispensed either, for the same reason. 3. When data is entered using drop down boxes, and a diagnosis is indicated (e.g. kerititis) only refractive diagnoses...

Able to Work at the Office or Home

I love Revolution compared to other software programs I've used in the past.

Pros

It is cloud based. I like being able to access it from my home as well as the office. I like the fact that there is extremely little down time. Previous software programs I've used would go down on a fairly regular basis, leaving the office with zero access to patient information and charts. I love the chat feature that is available immediately when I've needed assistance from customer support. There is no calling, leaving a message, and waiting on a return call when needing assistance with something.

Cons

It has been difficult for me to learn how to build specific reports. I always have to ask for assistance when creating new reports.

Not the best

I would not recommend this software to a first time EHR user , however once you have used this software it easier to Navigate others.

Pros

The thing that I liked most about using this software was the ease of contacting a customer service representative.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about using this software was that it is not user friendly. It takes lots of practice and time to learn to do simple tasks.

Great Software for Inventory Needs

I use this daily to track customer eyecare health. Data is simple to access when uploading retinal images with our Optos machine. If you plan on having the most current technology for eyecare, you need RevolutionEHR.

Pros

This software met my needs to managing my inventory and clients. It's constantly improving and receiving major updates that are extremely helpful. Most importantly, the reporting in the software is easy to use and Excel friendly. This is the best software I found to manage both customers and product while being HIPAA compliant.

Cons

This isn't really a software issue, but customer service could be better. Their software team can take a long time to get back to you if you have any requests or issues with a report that won't pull.

Revolution EHR

I am able to complete all charts within few minutes as compared to the traditional paper charts which I had to spend more time to write the same basic information for all patients. Software stopped responding at least 3-4 times per week which required restarting of computers to resolve the issue. Start-up cost is quite expensive.

Pros

Easy to transfer data from previous years to the current date. Autosave. Can print multiple Rx and link to optical dept. for faster transition from exam room to ordering dept.

Cons

Difficult to save/recall referral letters generated by the software.

Hi Dr. Tran, thanks so much for taking the time to provide a review of RevolutionEHR. We're happy to see that you're saving time using RevolutionEHR in your practice. We'd love to provide assistance with referral letters. Please reach out to customer support at your convenience at customersupport@revolutionehr.com and we'll be happy to work through this with you. Thanks again!

Review for EHR

I think my overall experience with Revolution EHR is great! Pros definitely out weigh the cons.

Pros

I love how easy it is to look up a patients history and to schedule an appointment. The calendar makes it really nice as well to see what we have going on.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating training a new employee because sometimes there are little buttons you have to choose in order to get to the place you are needing to be. Once you get it down it’s fine but learning it is kind of tedious.

Fantastic customer support

Pros

Seems to always be ahead of our needs. REVS staff are amazing. I have had three sessions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She pulled me from the weeds. Very patient. I am very grateful to her.

Cons

Encounter templates difficult to change. Lots of clicking.

Very happy I started using Rev 5 years ago! I would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Pros

1) Unbeatable, American-based customer support. Some competitors use overseas-based support (i.e. not only are there cultural & language barriers, their time zone is not user friendly). 2) Rev was cloud-based from inception (as opposed to competing EHRs that now try to retro-fit their EHR into a cloud-based environment). 3) EHR designed by optometrists. 4) Best value for the money. 5) Integrity of Scott Jens and Rev employees. 6) A la carte add-ons. 7) Enabled me to achieve Meaningful Use. 8) Includes Eyedock 9) Integrates well with Marco & RXNT 10) Did I mention the fantastic customer support? ;-)

Cons

# 1 Not easy to use & not intuitive: 1) Steep learning curve. 2) Too many "clicks" 3) Uses Adobe (which has contributed to the aforementioned) & I am concerned about: A) Adobe being phased out soon, B) Relearning how to navigate screens when switching from Adobe. #2 Accounting portion is the worst part of Rev. #3 I use Direct Messaging a lot. It is also cumbersome for TOC: 1) unlike other EHRs,...

Truly worth the money

A great EHR system that allows the doctor to spend face-time with the patient instead of becoming a data entry person.

Pros

I like the streamlined layout and minimalism of the software. It is as simple or as complicated as you need it to be without having to add or takeaway from other features. Since Rev is cloud-based, I don't have to worry about backups or server-side computer failure corrupting data. It is very simple to use: It's no different than using your typical web-form. The learning curve for the software...

Cons

An unfair criticism would be that every now and again the software refreshes while typing (which I completely understand is a result of the syncing of data between the browser and the cloud, but I doubt this can be helped at the moment. This will only get better as faster bandwidths become the norm) I much rather have to repeat a field once every few weeks than worry about backups and computer issues. (Since I have to pick a con, but this is such a non-issue) It doesn't make me coffee in the morning, but I don't think they offer this as an option, although I'd be open to it. I don't know how they'd do it, but Rev has some pretty clever IT people.

The Amazing Revolution EHR

Pros

Revolution EHR is a great electronic health record management system that allows for total office integration. Revolution EHR leaves nothing behind when it comes to managing patient records, accounting, billing, coding, optical orders, medical orders, insurance, inventory management, reports, etc. Revolution EHR gives the office the ability to do everything for all their patients and it streamlines...

Cons

The downside to Revolution EHR is that it has a learning curve like most new programs being implemented into an office. revolution EHR requires some time to get used to and even after a few years of using it you will learn something new. But this is not so much a negative as it is a positive. Revolution EHR provides a "sandbox mode" that allows the office to utilize all the features of Revolution EHR, but without the real-world risks of inputting wrong data. It encourages you to make mistakes and to learn form them. Revolution EHR is also updating their systems constantly to streamline the patient care process and in doing so that is why you learn something new.

10 years in four offices ,6 Drs and REV enhanced all our medical care records and billing

encounter documentation clarity and efficiency with much greater confidence on all our medical billing and coding encounters

Pros

I find the program is easy to set up and use, feature rich, guides the Dr recording to ensure correct documentation for medical care and coding for those encounters, this fact has created Dr confidence and enabled our office to increase medical billing - that more than pays for the monthly fee, its updated for free and web based is an asset for any practitioner with multi locations , help is just outstanding , my technicians find it easy to use and we do experience tech turnover so ease of use is important, lots of business partners to help communicate to your patients , survey and recall, great communication tools for patient and their health care providers

Cons

I am an OD so I wish there was a lower monthly fee and it was easier to get all my pre test data into the program. But the most irritating thing is I cannot let my techs to start the record days ahead of the visit- this is something I would like to be changed-- this is so pre work of insurance, demographics and health HX & meds could be entered well before the encounter in less of a rush so when the encounter is present the day of the visit - patient processing is quicker and less tech duress improving the entire encounter experience - no one likes to wait for the receptionist or techs gather data - but REV forces that because we cannot open a case before the encounter date/time- can you fix that ??

I used to complain about my EHR software ALL THE TIME. But not anymore since switching to RevEHR.

Makes my life easier.

Pros

My staff finds it intuitive and easy to use. I never hear them complain about the software. I like that it's customizable. I can make my chart notes look just the way I want. I also like that they are constantly making small tweaks to improve the system. Several times a year it is updated, but only with a few changes. I think it's better to do a few changes at a time instead of once a year so you don't...

Cons

My only real complaint about RevEHR is that I can't print out my exam notes in a neat, concise fashion. Exams print out with 10+ pages. This may be because I haven't taken the time to figure out an easier way. I'd love some input on this. So I guess a related complaint would be that set up time is significant. But I'm willing to deal with that because once you do have it set up, it works like a dream.

No EHR is perfect

We've been with Revolution EHR for more than a year now. There are some things the software really excels at and others which are very lacking. Being cloud based, the interruptions in service are minimal (servers go down maybe 2x/year for a matter of a few hours typically). The doctor's side with MU and ICD 10 are fantastic. They made ICD 10 a non-event. The biggest drawback to this software,...

Pros

Cloud based features

Cons

Billing and payment posting

REVOLUTION EHR

FANTASTIC, HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO EVERY PRACTICE, IT DOES EVERYTHING YOU NEED IT TO DO AND BETTER THAN ANY COMPETITOR

Pros

WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMPANY TREATS ALL CLIENTS AS A TEAM WORKING TOGETHER TO USE THE SOFTWARE INDIVIDUALLY FOR EACH PRACTICE AND THEY ENSURE THEIR CLIENTS SUCCESS

Cons

ON-BOARDING PROCESS AND GOING LIVE WHEN WE STARTED LEFT A LITTLE TO BE DESIRED, HOWEVER, ENGAGING STAFF AND ALL EMPLOYEES COULD HAVE MADE OUR PROCESS MORE SEAMLESS

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating. We made the decision to change vendors. In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet...

Cons

Easy to learn EHR with extensive features.

Pros

RevEHR is extremely user friendly, all of our staff and doctors were able to catch on very quickly. It integrates with many of our partners which makes things much more streamlined. I also love all the reports we are able to run... it makes running statistics for our office very simple. The support staff is excellent and I appreciate that our suggestions on changes are heard and all software updates are included and automatic. Being cloud-based also means NO servers, NO backing things up, minimized risk of hacking, accessible from anywhere. I love being able to phone triage an after-hours emergency patient from home and chart it immediately.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Sometimes I feel like there could be fewer "clicks" to get to what I want, but that is minimal and probably true with any EHR system.

We switched from another EHR company and it has been a win all the way around.

The software is efficient to use. It is helpful to be able to log in to a patient's chart from home at times.

Pros

Cloud based is good. Coding is convenient. Customization of workflow in exams is good. It is good to be able to upload tests into the exam area related to this.

Cons

The accounting reports, business reports, should allow customization. The data must be entered into a spreadsheet for bench-marking. It would so helpful if they allowed me to categorize the items in the accounting sales report. Import of scanned documents into referrals and consents can be easily improved. The patient's surgical history should display on the past ocular history page. I wish that when a tech enters data, it showed who did that. Sometimes it runs very slowly. The routing slip should allow customization (for example include last Rx and BVA)

Intuitive, reliable, expanding, responsive!

Pros

The software is intuitive and can be learned quickly by new users. Claims processing and patient billing is simplified over other products we have used in the past. RevolutionEHR is always listening to client needs and RESPONDING with improvements and features. VSP claims/invoices are calculated correctly every time.

Cons

This may not be possible, but I wish we could eliminate the duplicate entries required in VSP, Eyemed and VisionWeb. For each, it would be nice to be able to map our products to their names in order to reduce OUR errors in selecting the correct lens. RevolutionEHR is implementing this soon, but in the meantime, I wish there was a better means of doing mass recalls of patients , and I wish I could print an address label.

Customer Service at its Best

THE PEOPLE MAKE THIS COMPANY. I thought I set the bar on customer experience but for a small practice, I think that's pretty easy to do. For a large company like RevEHR to manage so many customers and the ever challenging and changing healthcare and software worlds...and do it like a 5 star hotel...escapes my comprehension.

Pros

The thing I liked most about the SOFTWARE was the attractive interface, the video training modules for my staff, the fact that I was always informed of updates or issues to be concerned with going down the pipleline, and the ability to access RevEHR from anywhere with a network connection.

Cons

The exam flows are too click-heavy...with multiple menus and submenus for testing...would like to see more tests combined into less pages/tabs.

Great practice management software for accessing a patients file anywhere

Access to our patients wherever we are helps us out alot. We can respond to emails, order contacts, submit claims from wherever we are. This is very helpful when getting an after hours emergent patient who maybe meeting at the office, and we can scan over chart before seeing them.

Pros

I like the ability to not have a separate server and the ability to access it from home if we need to. Patient setup is very simple and it is very easy to link patients who are related. Electronic submission of claims is very straight-forward.

Cons

The reporting side could be improved upon. When running reports for longer time periods make the program crash. This is caused by its use of Flash and according to the software updates they are working on getting rid of the programs use of Flash.

Great overall, love the organization and good UI

We used this EHR at my practice in San Diego. We were just getting ready to start using the medical records portion, so really we only used the practice management side, which was phenomenal. I've used lots of EHRs before but I'm confident Rev is at the top of my list. Great support as well which is important with new software.

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, great "at a glance views", it's really snappy, fast and overall responsive. Having the mobile app is key!

Cons

I think I had to get used to using it, but I don't think that's the softwares fault. Being new to cloud based EHRs can be tricky but not impossible. Learning curve is fine overall...

This helped me with the transition to ICD10. I made the transition from paper like the history feat

Good record keeping

Pros

I like the cloud based system and how the updates and improvements happen regularly for the fee. The techniques that make for better efficiencies are great. Just hit the normal button and adjust for the the items different than normal. Using the history button is also convenient.

Cons

Compared with paper it can slow you down. Assessment could be more intuitive like Google searches. Why can't our usual lingo be translated? An example would be PVD. I can't think of a Doctor who ever Cal's it vitreous membranes and strands. A shortcut that leads to the ICD 10 code would help with efficiency.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.