Therabill Logo
Therabill

Practice management for rehab therapy & behavioral health

visit website

Therabill Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.35/10

See full reviews by rating

I like the ease of use of the dashboard and the easy access to videos on You Tube. The customer service is always friendly and helpful.
The tutorials are comprehensive and helpful. The staff have been more than helpful and caring with questions about our set-up.
I am a counselor in private practice and cannot recommend Therabill highly enough. I had not previously done electronic billing and am thrilled to discover how easy it is with Therabill.
They are not clearinghouse so you have 2 or 3 channels places everything is going and they all blame it on the other part.
The customer support and set up of EOB/ERA enrollment is terrible.
Setup is a nightmare and customer service is terrible.

Nuha H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Just needs a few fixes

It's a wonderful resource however requires a great deal of practice and guidance on how to navigate the steps of billing and understanding the what and why of what I'm doing.

Pros

- Amazing that a lot of the work is done for you and system is already in place and automatically populates all the info you need, and with just the click of a button you can bill out your claims. - Love that it's connected directly to my documentation system. - Customer service is good and knowledgable - Very helpful resources, especially knowledge videos!

Cons

- I wish there was a lot more specific guidance during the onboarding call with how to use the system (for ex: I was supposed to receive another call to continue training however still haven't had the opportunity to complete the training despite already being at the point of needing it and unsure of how to proceed) - Customer service is great however I feel like no one is really going over the basics of Therabill and what everything means, especially for someone who is so new to the system and billing in general.

MC

Meg C.

Made my life 1000x easier

I was so relieved to find Therabill. I tried the state's free system and found it complicated and lacking with some services I wanted. I have also used other online billing services that were often flawed and had terrible customer support. I LOVE the ease of Therabill and the excellent support I receive if I ever have a question or issue. Which is very infrequent due to the detailed FAQ section....

Pros

Great customer support, Very detailed program, meets all my needs, love the section where we can send our bills back to the invoicing area, Fast turn around with payments from ins. companies, I like being able to re-activate clients if I need to, the recurring clients section in a must, automatic insurance card from the state is very helpful.

Cons

I would say I do not use all the features on the site but that is only because I don't need them at this point. I don't add new clients that often but always stumble over doing so. The ins. card name (not the company but what to "call it?") is one I never seem to know what to do with. It always works out somehow but think it could be a bit more clear.

Hi Meg, I agree with the what you say about the "credit card title". I am going to make the credit card title a non-required field soon. However, here is a brief explanation of what it is. It is really just a way for you to title the insurance card in any way you want. Think of it is a free style note. The title is displayed to you when you go to create an insurance claim, therefore, you can...

CB

Caroline B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

So disappointing! What happened to customer service?

I have been so disappointed with customer service, it is non existent. We have had so many issues that are left unresolved for months that we are being forced to switch to another EMR. In exploring other options, we are also realizing that Therabill is no longer up to par, it seems very antiquated and there are so many glitches that we are just having to "live with". No one will help us within Therabill.

Pros

creating custom templates and ease of daily documentation

Cons

poor customer service with no resolution of major issues for months and few updates to the system

NE

Nick E.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

TheraBill, good tool, non-responsive support

I have been a user of this tool for over 2 years, all has been very good, lots of features, lots of good templates, and pretty easy to set up and use. However, our practice is in Phoenix AZ, and this tool does not support Phoenix AZ timezone for Google Calendar. I have submitted over 6 bug reports, but I have not received a satisfactory response. Different customer supports personnel goes down the same path (make sure your google calendar is in the correct timezone.), but they tag the bug fixed, and then go unresponsive. I have given up, and will not be using this feature. It is too bad, because our patients do like receiving reminder emails, however until this bug is fixed, we cannot send them reminders, nor can we populate our therapists' Google calendars with their appointments.

Pros

Great features, great value, very intuitive

TG

Tom G.

Easy To Use

We really like this software, it has been a great improvement for us and we are anxious to see the new additions when they are ready to be installed.

Pros

The color coding is surprisingly not only appealing but very efficient and 'self-sense' rewarding. Our therapists really like the ability to communicate securely with clients through the patient portal. The ability to process payments (especially credit cards) within the system has been a huge time saver.

Cons

We would like to see more options for our administrators to customize some layouts and reports, would like to see the option to search clients more easily, and move the tab "select therapists" from the bottom corner (it is very hard to get to sometimes). We would like to see a more user specific way to communicate between administrators and therapists and clients. Would have been nice to have a more easy system to migrate our (then) current clients into this new system.

SF

Sam F.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Worst Customer support

Terrible, would not recommend to anyone. Such better options out there with actual support teams that help.

Pros

Honestly, now that a switch has been made to a different software, I can't say there was one good feature about therabill. The user interface is clunky and doesn't flow/make logical sense. It doesn't communicate with WEBPT as they claim, always delays, errors.

Cons

Customer support. Used WebPT and therabill for a new start up and the errors were out of this world. Wasn't able to bill/submit charges for almost 3 months due to communication errors between software. Customer support has no clue what they are doing and you can never talk to the same person, every time is starting from ground zero.

LD

LaTeasha D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Amazing Product

My overall experience has been great. I have utilized this product over the past 5 years and I am always amazed at how they are able to keep up with ever-changing technology. I feel like my business is on the cutting edge of technology, thanks to Therabill!

Pros

I love the fact that I have access to support (an actual person, that will listen to my problems and resolve any issues that may arise).

Cons

I can't say that there is anything that I like least about the software.

WR

Wendy R.

Easy to Use Program for Clinical Social Workers

I am a single practitioner in private practice and I have been using this program for about a year since going into private practice for myself. I have used different electronic medical records programs with past employers and had never had to bill for myself (that was handled by billers). The program integrates billing and scheduling and easily keeps tracks of all payments and client accounts in...

SG

Sandra G.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

TB

It has been wonderful and beneficial to me and my company.

Pros

This product has proved to be very easy to use. It has a vast number of tutorials to see. The send updates when making changes to the software. Their helpdesk personnel are quick to get in touch with you and to resolve issues.

Cons

Integration with one of the other software that we use.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

TheraBill

Pros

It coordinates with our EMR (WebPT) so we can accurately bill, quickly. The tutorials are great and really helpful, too. Moderately intuitive but it takes awhile to figure things out.

Cons

Sometimes insurances don't always upload correctly from WebPT to Therabill so changes need to be made. But overall, the transition is relatively smooth most of the time.

AC

Arni C.

Used other for 2+ years

Great for solo or small group practice

We have 10 clinicians and this software is great. it is very easy to use and learn. The billing features work well but for a large organization would not be robust enough. There are pelnty of training videos that are very helpful. Customer service is easy to reach and all but one of my interactions have been great. The one incident they fell short on was when the software was not displaying part of the progress note. It took me almost a month and many calls to finally get someone to deal with the issue. All other issues have been dealt with quickly, however. They do regular maintenance updates which are communicated well in advance and or done during off-peak hours (1am Sat am). Overall its a great platform.

Pros

Very intuitive, adequate customization, lots of training videos, reachable/live customer support, easy to learn.

Cons

Could be more customizable, billing features are not as robust for larger practices, wish there was a better way to track disbursements to clinicians i.e. better payroll feature.

JG

Janet G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

great simple software to use

Pros

It gives you a lot of options to run reports, credit card integration, great dashboard. Great price for everything the software does.

Cons

Patient portal doesn't allow intake paperwork. You can filter by your clients (so you only see your clients), however if it is a group practice all other therapists can see all your clients.

MK

Monica K.

Therabill review

Pros

Ease of use and learning is great. The billing is easy to send to healthcare organizations. Customer service is always polite and helpful.

Cons

Some of the ease of moving to one section to another could be better integrated with each section. Also, have issues with the scheduler saving appointments at times. Time consuming having to go into each session billed to check the ICD10 before billing each session. Therabill seems to have more issues with lag time since the new upgrade.

TS

Travis S.

Perfect for our Practice

Pros

We love our experience with Therabill. New features and updates are always rolling out that enhance the billing, scheduling, and practice management experience. The custom reports feature is crucial for our practice for payroll purposes. Billing is a breeze and we also love the integrated ERA feature!

Cons

The only negative we could think of is the frequency of feature updates, which is not a bad thing, but that something is a bit different every week or so. It is easy to adjust to the changes, however, and use of them are well documented by the vendor.

JW

Jane W.

Best deal for what it offers!

Overall, I am thrilled with this program/service! You really want someone who cares about making their product the best, and who is responsive to your needs. If a suggestion is something that might suit a reasonable number of other users, it is usually implemented. It is very easy to exchange emails with someone who is so quick to respond. And, the billing/scheduling in one is both cost effective and also helps to ensure that a session is not missed. Really, I am very pleased!

Pros

*medical billing/scheduling in one *email and/or text reminders to patients *electronic billing included *day, week, or month view *designer is incredibly responsive to feedback to improve!! *affordable for small practices with 1 or >1 provider (who don't see/bill several people an hour --i.e., who don't bill/make as much as some types of providers) *US (IL) based *support is quick to respond *securely located servers, with a set-up mindful of HIPAA

Cons

*actually many cons get addressed when you give feedback and Joe has time to get to it :-) *would be nice to drag an appointment from one time to another (I believe he is working on this as well!) *it can take a short time to get used to appearance changes *really, any cons are pretty minor

RG

Racheal G.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Functional for a small or large private practice

This product has been extremely helpful in reducing time spent on insurance invoicing and reviewing EOBs. It also provides professional looking invoices. I love how it keeps track of how many days have passed with overdue bills.

Pros

Within a few clicks I am able to submit claims to insurance companies. I don't have to spend time double checking each box in the claims submitted, because they are always filled out automatically correct.

Cons

Some features with finding bills and payment receipts required assistance for me to find when I was initially learning the program.

AL

Angela L.

This reviewer only left a rating

I'm a speech-language pathologist and a sole proprietor. I have around 10 clients that I see privately in addition to working for another agency. Before Therabill, I was keeping track of everything by pen and paper along with Google calendar. Therabill is great because it has all the features I was looking for in one product. I've been using it for a year now and can't say enough great things about...

DJ

Danni J.

Would recommend

I would recommend this software. Once you get used to all of the tabs it is very functional.

Pros

All the billing is in one place and I can edit patient information in the program without going in to another program.

Cons

The program is a little hard to navigate at first (as with any new software) but the flow seemed hard to get used to. But now it is great.

CM

Chuck M.

Therabill Review

Would definitely recommend this for an individual provider or a small agency.

Pros

User friendly/easy to use; excellent customer support. Great from the "billing submission" perspective. User guide (manual) is helpful

Cons

Difficult for an inexperienced person to decide on which reports to generate, when and how often. Could use a "user guide" with examples of sample reports and how to generate them. No option to reconcile payments due to providers based receipt of payment separate from ERA/EOB- assumes that payment is received with the ERA/EOB.

Thanks for the useful feedback. I would like to respond. I do want to point out that there is an instructional video for creating customized reports at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxZ18EJ4zI I do not feel it would be wise for Therabill to dictate when, how often, or even if you should create reports. Therabill caters to a large audience, from solo providers to groups over of 100 providers. There are some commonly needed pre-made reports if you need them under Filing -> Reports. In addition to the commonly used pre-made reports, I will put up some report examples from the customized reports. Therabill does give you the ability to enter a "Deposit Date" with each of your payments entered. This could be used to reconcile your payments.

MF

Marilee F.

Best software for therapists

Outstanding product with amazing customer support. A great value!

Pros

I am a counselor in private practice and cannot recommend Therabill highly enough! I had not previously done electronic billing and am thrilled to discover how easy it is with Therabill. Therabill is very easy to use, very intuitive and simple. Therabill has the best technical support on the planet! All of my questions are answered very promptly and clearly. Therabill staff are also open to my suggestions...

Cons

I cannot find any downside to this product.

RD

Ryan D.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Rigid, poor security, there are much better options

Extremely poor. We're beginning transition to a new system.

Pros

When we first got the software, it had many of the features we wanted, and the company was very responsive. Then WebPT bought the company, and customer service and responsiveness went rapidly downhill.

Cons

Since WebPT bought Therabill, innovation and the continuing improvement and addition of new features which took place under the founders, has stopped. They no longer respond in timely fashion to customer service issues, and sometimes don't respond at all. Then WebPT exposed some of our data to a clinic in another state, and refused to take responsibility - we narrowly avoided huge problems which were caused by their security error. We are currently looking at switching to a different system.

DB

Dawn B.

Mental Health Care,

No hassle scheduling and billing.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate through. It has continued to grow since we began using it in 2012. The vendor is always wanting to make it more user friendly and tailoring it to everyone's needs.

Cons

What I like the least about this product is that it went through a period when it was always running slow. Once Therabill realized there was an issue with too many users, they expanded to benefit the customer and their needs.

EW

Erick W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Therabill is pretty solid so far

Glad we have this as product, it's definitely a time saver when there are many other tasks demanding time as we establish a practice. The knowledge base videos are very helpful when you need to find answers on your own

Pros

The system is fairly intuitive and user friendly. We've used it sporadically for the first couple months but are now using it more consistently and getting better acquainted. The processes are fairly fluid and easy to remember unless you make some manual entry errors.

Cons

Front end training was pretty minimal. Sometimes customer service can lag but they're generally responsive & willing to take time to work through things with you on the phone. If you make manual entry errors it can take several steps with customer service guidance to get things cleaned up.

UH

Uzma H.

Great Combination Billing Software with WebPT

Overall, a very convenient software if you have WebPT

Pros

I like that I can write notes on WebPT and it automatically gets put into therabill and I am able to bill in 5-10 m inutes

Cons

When you make a mistake, it can be complicated to figure out what to do to fix it and sometimes the call back support can take a while to get back to you.

CC

Cathy C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Therabill hits the mark in electronic billing

GREAT!!! Delightful. I loved that unpaid insurance claims were near zero.

Pros

Insurance aging was always close to zero. Therabill worked with Web PT to streamline billing processes. Claims went out to the correct insurance, payments were posted correctly to accounts and aging was extremely small and manageable.

Cons

Trying to find how claims were paid, how to change posting errors or changes was not as user friendly as it could be. Customer services was strictly via internal ticket method. Some instructions are just better via phone.