Updox Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Very great experience and I love the user interface. A very affordable recommendable software.
We have been using Updox for our faxing and reminder messages for some time and have really enjoyed it. We appreciate the Updox team and how they have always been very responsive and supportive.
The video quality is great. That's all I enjoyed for the 4 days that costs me $94.00.
Inability to use a referral providers cover sheet or "loose" records to upload into UPDOX.
Struggling with updating in real time with EMDS and Updox. No solution has been found at this point.
Horrendous customer service. No appreciation for customer’s time.

AB

Andrew B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

The most pragmatic approach to instant secure video chat I know of

I have used every form of telemedicine video connection in the industry and this is without question the single most pragmatic way to engage anyone instantly for efficient virtual care

Pros

It is tied to a clinical address book, and easily escalated text messaging with patients or other colleagues, or anyone really. The key to video chat is making sure that the event happens when expected, there are no unnecessary delays on either end, and that getting people involved is tied to messaging communication, which is far more of a foundation than any video chat process itself

Cons

Would like the ability to make a phone call out to invite in a translator or third party, same for a group video chat. But I know that is being worked on anyway

JM

Joyce M.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Great streamlined service

This software has made my day-to-day life so much easier and efficient. Being able to fax a load of documents with a couple of clicks makes all the difference. No paper mess.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to send all the documents that I need to fax for the day over to this software, while Updox keeps it organized and in order, easy to view and classify and send with just a couple of clicks. This software also makes it easy to double-check your work and not deal with all the paper mess. The integration to our medical software was easy and simple and troubleshooting anything with the company is always accessible.

Cons

The only feature I dislike is the contacts system. Making a new contact or cleaning up your contact list should be simpler than it is now.

CT

Chelsea T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Integrates with Practice Fusion, but do your research and know what you are getting into.

Overall I would not recommend unless you use Practice Fusion (since there are no other options). I feel there are many better options out there if your EMR integrates with them. Once you sign with them you are locked into a 1 year contract (for all agreed upon features) so be sure to do your research and proceed carefully.

Pros

The customizable patient forms are great and overall the system is easy to use. The customizable automatic patient appointment reminders are great for us and being able to track the specific date and time they were sent is a huge bonus. The main reason we went with them is due to them being the only program currently that integrates with Practice Fusion.

Cons

Their broadcast feature is not HIPAA compliant since you can not control specifically who it is sent to ( just broad groups) and is limited to very few characters. The HIPAA secure text is ridiculous where you can not use page breaks so everything bunches together into a giant paragraph and we are frequently getting spam messages through the numbers they use for it. The Video chat feature frequently...

SH

SARAH H.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, processes quickly, simple presentation.

Easy fax/uploading processing

Pros

I love being able to upload things into our EHR with ease. Updox eliminates unnecessary steps in this process. We receive hundreds of faxes per week, and Updox allows us to process them as they come in and send them where they need to go. It's nice to be able to send faxes quickly and accurately as well. The system keeps an archive of everything sent and received, which makes it easier on the receptionists.

Cons

I wish that the system was a little more intuitive as far as what types of documents are within the inbox. We have many people using the software, so at times it can get confusing as to what documents are for who (other than the capability to tag the documents manually). I also don't like the inbox feature, It doesn't seem to have much use. It would be great if documents could be faxed directly to that inbox or emailed.

Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad we make it easier to fax electronically both quickly and accurately. Thanks for Updoxing!

DM

Debra M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Updox took my practice to the next leel

I am able to receive faxes directly to my computer. If they are concerning a patient they can be integrated right into their chart on Practice Fusion. Since starting the message and call reminders of appointments my no shows have dropped to almost nothing now.

Pros

Updox integrates with Practice Fusion. I can use Updox from any location that I am at on my computer. It is easy to send reminder message to patients about appointments. It is easy to text patients when you can not reach them by phone The new features that were added work great especially since much of my practice in the last 3 months has been on line due to COVID 19.

Cons

If I have over 15 documents to send to one place if they are not on page 1 then I have to do multiple faxes.

ML

Michael L.

Worst Customer Service in the Industry

Dismal at best. Waste of time at worst. Not worth the cost. Very disappointing. Disrespectful by only responding emails several days later

Pros

Nothing. Can’t be expressed in other words. There is nothing to like about a company which shows no appreciation for its customers

Cons

Horrendous customer service . No appreciation for customer’s time. It’s just a matter of time before a class action lawsuit is brought against this company

HP

Heather P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

UPDOX VIDEO CHAT REVIEW

We offer telemedicine visits while insurance companies are still accepting these types of visits.

Pros

My office used Updox daily for incoming electronic faxes and for our outgoing faxes. When Updox offered a video chat I jumped at the chance because it was right around the time when COVID-19 first appeared and people were using Zoom. I tried using Zoom but it had no where near the capabilities that Updox has. It was easier to use and because I was already a customer with Updox it would look up the patient name and number or email address. It also has a place to document for the record and a place for pictures. This is really helpful. I also loved the fact that it was HIPAA compliant. Zoom was not.

Cons

I can't think of anything I would change.

ED

Elizabeth D.

Fax Service

Very satisfied. It is very practical to be able to directly transfer reports to patients' charts, send faxes to specialists, secure messages to portals. It is a very efficient program.

Pros

We mainly used Updox for faxes an emails. It is integrated to our medical records system so it is very effective. It is a time saver product. We are very satisfied with it. Unfortunately, they have moved to the internet access. I loved the fact that we could just click on the icon on the desktop and launch Updox.

Cons

Nothing. I have no issues with Updox and if we have a connection problem, support is always readily available.

CP

Chris P.

Satisfied user

The workload for our office would be tremendous without this exceptional tool. Great product! The newer feature of being able to text from Updox has streamlined much of our basic communication and helped close a gap for patient appointment reminders.

Pros

Updox is a great program and has worked beautifully with Practice Fusion. The ease of having faxes come in and be able to directly link to a patients chart is invaluable!

Cons

Our's is a small business, and the monthly fee can be a higher cost for the service.

Daniel H.

Physician Administrator

Horrible. I purchased use of the product for multiple uses for my office and they did not set up mist of the things they promised. They refused to refund my money $2500

Pros

Nothing. They took my money and did not afford me the services I paid for. Do not use this product under any circumstances. They will take your money and rip you off but won’t refund your money.

Cons

Nothing. I couldn’t even access the product traveling out of the country. They made me purchase a US VPN and it didn’t work and they just acted like it was my fault. There support staff was clueless.

Tom R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Needed to Find Patient Texting Program Quickly

Poor interaction with consumer support without empathy or compassion.

Pros

It works as text but doesn't follow individual conversations well. Does not easily transfer text to my chart.

Cons

I found UpDox and wanted to try it. It was not as useful as it appeared, but I was forced to sign a 1 year contract. I notified UpDox that I will not be using it - there response was - you signed a one year contract. As a very small solo-provider telehealth practice - this was an expense that I had not counted on and it is very expensive - Especially for something I will not be using. But UpDox was rigid.

SC

Stacy C.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Chronic Issues

Many errors. Chronic issues. We often have to contact support. I believe that the system is slow and outdated. Has some great features, but is so slow, when doing anything. We purchased because this product is recommended by our EHR, but the compatibility isn’t impressive.

Pros

The ease of the software is easy, as long as it is functioning. We love the reminder dashboard, we however sometimes wait for hours to send or receive electronic faxes.

Cons

We have chronic errors, and delays in the importing of documents from Updox into our actual EMR. It is supposed to work with our existing ehr, however we have major delays when importing urgent reports into patient charts

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and forwarded this information to our Support team who will reach out to you for resolution. If you do experience any downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you do have any future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you get the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

DH

Dustin H.

Customer service lacks

Poor printer drivers make it unreliable and time consuming.

Pros

It is easy to integrate with Amazing Charts.

Cons

I rarely leave a bad review. THeir customer service hasn't replied to me in over a week now, I called and no call back. Their instructions to install printers don't even have windows 10 in many of them. The printer drivers don't consistently stay connected. Faxes are often shown with lines making them hard to read. I may change my opinion if they actually contact me to help, but I would chose another software over this if you have an option.

Thank you for your review of Updox. We appreciate the feedback and have forwarded your information to our Support team. Our support team is always available 8:00am to 8:00pm ET Monday through Friday via phone and our live chat. For additional information about chat, please go here: https://updox.com/support.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Daily Problems

Pros

Its a relativley good service which works when it does, and the support is really good. They have a status page that keeps users updated on known issues. Virtual printer is a great tool and creating groups and adding users is pretty easy.

Cons

No export tools for obtaining a list of fax lines, daily issues with various services and for a large clinic such as ours this has been a problem more than once. UI is very dated and the tools they have are limited.

Thank you for your review of Updox. We have forwarded this information to our product team for evaluation. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager. Thanks for Updoxing!

CC

Cambric C.

Great Product

We have been able to continue treating our patients during COVID-19 while keeping our staff safe and our patients safe.

Pros

The feature that has been most beneficial to our practice are that it integrates with our EHR system, which allows all the faxes, messages, photos, summaries to be easily imported into the patients' charts.

Cons

The only issues we have had with this software are not really issues with the actual software. We have recently started using the Video feature to comply with the CDC guidelines and still allow us to treat our patients. It is very easy to use, both on our end and the patient end, as there is nothing for them to download. The only time we have had issues have been when the patient does not have good signal. Again, not an issue with Updox itself, just the only issue we have had thus far.

AT

Aanchal T.

Not a good flow

Average. Would swich to doxy.me On Doxy I can send messages on chat window to patient to drop them a quick message. Also the flow is much better, where patient is waiting in virtual waiting room (similar to real life) and I just take the call.

Pros

Connected to practice fusion so phone number does not need to be added

Cons

I am sorry to say but the flow is not good for a physician office. Whoever designed it did not have Physician office flow in mind. As a physician it’s not efficient if I send a message or email to a patient and then wait for several minutes for patient to join in. I am wasting that time. Or I have to call the patient to check their email

VN

Vinodh N.

Updox for APNNA

communication with patients and physicians

Pros

electronic faxing to referring physicians communication with patients through secure portal

Cons

I would like to see this completely embedded or integrated into the EHR software that I use (Amazing Charts), rather than having to launch a separate software.

mm

megan m.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Just in time!

Pros

I had been looking into Updox for over a year and we finally pulled the trigger earlier this year and it could not have been better timing. I can not imagine getting through this uncertain period with COVID 19 without the help of Updox. Not only did the video chat function help with seeing patients during a world-wide shut down, we were also able to navigate faxes, emails and communicate with our patients on one easy to use platform. Everyone has commented on the improved function of our EMR since switching to Updox- from the Partners to the providers, staff and patients alike- we cannot say enough about all that we have been able to accomplish with the help of Updox.

Cons

The transition was pretty seamless! We have had a little trouble with integrating our images into charts, but all minor problems in the grand scheme of things. Whenever we do run into issues, our rep and customer support team are quick to help- it is very refreshing!

CB

Cyndee B.

Updox Review

Phone lines are not tied up with faxes. Our paper usage has dropped and employees are able to manage their work without the need of papers being handled by 5 other people.

Pros

We are using the fax solution of this product. For a paperless Medical Office, we were swimming in a vast amount of paper. Faxes to and from, reports, charts, external correspondence, it was overwhelming. Updox has provided a real paperless solution to the management of our workflows. The program enables employees to work from their workstations electronically, without waiting in line at the fax machine, printing reams of paper, only to be faxed back and placed in the overflowing shred box. Faxed items can be forwarded, signed and faxed back to the sender in a seamless workflow.

Cons

It needs to interface with NextGen Office - our EHR.

MG

Marvin G.

Longtime User

Very Satisfied with the product

Pros

Ease of setup and use are what led me to switching to Updox many years ago.

Cons

Nothing. They have stayed ahead of what the consumer needs to maintain a medical practice.

KT

Kevin T.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Why I use Dropbox

Pleasant

Pros

Retrieving files across platforms and the ability to share files

Cons

no auto sync if I don't have DB loaded on the computer I am using at the time.

TH

Tiffany H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Updox review from primary care office

We save alot of time a paper using Updox for our faxing needs.

Pros

The ease of using the program on a daily basis.

Cons

We don't have any negative concerns at this time!

OM

Onel M.

Manageable

Pros

Quick connection and reliable at times without a glich.

Cons

Some times laggy and difficult for older generations.

PK

Peggy K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great service

I am confident and happy with updox

Pros

Easy for patient to use. That is big because so many platforms require downloading and logging in. To much to ask for a patient to do to co tact me.

Cons

It’s not too difficult to delete video call

MM

Malorie M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Best service yet!

Pros

It’s great that everything is integrated to see at your computer screen. No more technical errors dealing with the fax machine

Cons

Nothing at all. Great customer service!