Cornerstone Recruiting Reviews

Pros

The applicant experience with the Cornerstone ATS is great. It is easy for them to navigate, simple to apply, has a great candidate profile and provides a nice integration with Linkedin.

Chad H.

This is also a great support team for us too and you can be in direct contact with users-a great way to see others' best practices.

Elisha T.

It is easy to upload a course, as well as to upload or change out documents. Our employees enjoy the Connect part of the LMS; it is a great way to share best practices.

Beth W.

Cons

These are the requirements that without, the system would be useless to the organization.

Jessica M.

We were offered no implementation support, no advice on how to set up.

Terri F.

It took us over 1 year for implementation because of the problems with customer service.

Jeremy S.

4.1

A nice user-friendly and easy to configure software

We first implemented Cornerstone for training and in 2014 we decided to implement the recruitment module as well. It is really an easy soft to implement, since we could do the configuration by ourselves (with the support of a consultant team of Cornerstone). The support from Cornerstone is really efficient and personalized, with allow a great relationship Customer-provider. There are quarterly releases which take into account clients suggestions, and help improve the tool. The current functionalities fit our need in recruitment.

Cutting Edge of Talent and Learning Management

Pros

I’ve been working with Cornerstone products for 3 years now at two different companies, and I’ve been impressed and satisfied with the overall system and functionality offered. Of course, the more modules you have in the system, the more impressive the analytics and integration of the data you load, but even with just the Learning and Performance modules it’s a great tool that provides wonderful talent...

Cons

I’ll admit there are times where we may run up against issues with what we’d LIKE the system to do, and what it is actually able to do, or system errors that need to be looked at on the Cornerstone end (something like emails not firing the way they should, or an area of the system not working the way we thought it would), but every time I’ve had problems and I’ve reached out to their Global Support or to our Client Success Manager, they’ve been extremely helpful. Global Support may not know the answer right away but they always get back to me with a fix or answers to why things are happening, and our Client Success Manager (at both companies I worked for) went out of their way to help me troubleshoot and find workarounds to suite our needs.

A Powerful Tool

Pros

Cornerstone is a leader in the industry for a reason. As a client using the learning component, I can speak to strength in the how the module enables admins to configure training in the areas of instructor-led training (ILT), Web-based training, tests, certifications, and social/collaborative-integrated content. I appreciate just how much I can do. Once you learn the basics of the system you will be able to explore areas that provide solutions for more complex learning needs.

Cons

At times it can be difficult to effectively troubleshoot issues with the system's Global Product Support Team. Some issues are a factor of limitation of the tool itself but others are defects that require diligence on the client's part in achieving a resolution or fix.

Excellent Product and Great Implementation and Support Team!

Pros

I’ve been working in this industry for over 10 years and throughout my experience I have managed several different LMS systems, but CSOD, by far, has been the most impressive. During our LMS Selection process we evaluated over 27 vendors and scored/compared each across many different rating factors such as easy to use, low cost, easy to learn, extensive features/functionality, powerful reporting,...

Cons

Would like to have more design capabilities/flexibility when developing custom pages without having to HTML knolwedge and writing code.

Comprehensive and flexible with great product support

Pros

Cornerstone has the flexibility to satisfy a vast array of learning management needs. It is easily customized which allows it to be simplified or expanded upon depending on the target audience and business needs. The customer service level that is offered by Cornerstone is outstanding. From the online community, the weekly Success live sessions, our success manager, our geographical usergroup, the annual conference, and the global tech support center, I can rest assured that as a client my needs are being met and my expectations are constantly exceeded. Additionally, Cornerstone sources product enhancement recommendations and ideas from their clients and actually implement many of these ideas.

Cons

There is quite a learning cure involved in learning the system and gaining insight into how to best use the features and settings. A dedicated admin is a must. Anyone can be taught the basic administrative features and functions, but it truly takes a dedicated admin to have eyes on the inherent complexity of running such a robust system that continues to receive improvements and updates. Cornerstone is a dynamic solution that needs to be maintained in order to maximize the benefits to the organization.

Cornerstone OnDemand - Great Talent Management Tool!

Pros

I love the fact that Cornerstone is really customizable and flexible for whatever you want to do with it. They also prepare their users pretty well for when new functionality is released (through webinars, their forums and documentation). They also have many events that you can attend to networks with other clients and Cornerstone employees, such as their user groups and yearly Convergence.

Cons

The thing I like least is the response time from Global Product Support. They often won't update you on a case for days, forcing you to call to get an update. It would be nice if they could at least have some indication that the case is being looked at (this feedback was already provided to them). Another thing I don't like is that updated functionality is released (such as the new performance user interface) before it is completely ready, and is often missing key functionality that was once there. I also think that they are behind on their mobile app development since it is very limited in what can be done on there.

Awesome LMS and Company--definitely a leader in the business

Pros

One of the things that helped Cornerstone stand out from other LMS vendors was the company itself. Their culture was very similar to our own company culture, which was a plus. However, I think we were most impressed with their communication, support, and resources. Once we decided to go with Cornerstone, we were given ample time to learn how to administer the LMS and test things in a pilot environment...

Cons

As with any LMS, there's a lot to learn and manage--so the ramp-up does take a lot of time. I still feel like there's a lot for me to learn in just the Learning Cloud! Our team has also tried to figure out a couple of workarounds for certain issues, like SCORM 2004 reporting. There was a custom report we wanted to create, but could not do within the current platform. Turns out, there are some things that require an additional back-end cost.

Cornerstone: Fantastic (albeit sometimes frustrating)

Pros

My review is related to the Cornerstone products that my organization uses: Core, Connect, Learning, Recruiting. I think Cornerstone is a great product and Cornerstone support cannot be beat. I love the fact that Cornerstone is constantly improving itself, with updates and improvements every quarter. Cornerstone support is available in so many different places and formats. It's never far away. On the Cornerstone Success Center, I use the Ask the Expert forum all the time and get answers often within the hour. Suggestion City is a great place to make sure that your wishes for improvements for Cornerstone are heard.

Cons

Sometimes I do feel that Cornerstone tries to do everything, so some of the details get missed. I also sometimes feel that Cornerstone focuses on making it easy to use for the end-user, but forgets about making it easy to use for the person implementing content. Content implementation is sometimes counter-intuitive as it seems that it is set up like a programmer would set it up. If you think like a programmer, it makes sense. If you don't, it seems convoluted.

Some good, some bad

Pros

It's mostly intuitive from the user side. It can get very complicated from the administrator side. It can be powerful in what it can do...if your organization's processes and data work the way the system was built to work. I like the reporting options.

Cons

In our case, our organizational structure (higher education) required a lot of retrofitting to make the system work for us...and in many cases, it leaves us with a sub-optimal outcome. There are also many common sense little features that I would have expected a system like this to have that it just doesn't.

Why Cornerstone OnDemand doesn't care about you!

CSOD doesn't care about you as a customer on the back end - their whole energy is spent designing cool new features and then using their "Customer Support" team to promote those features to you. Once you're signed up then you pass quickly down their list of priorities. Their team move onto the next client to capture on their licensing agreement. When you need support, something in your system needs...

Pros

Excellent UI Powerful features and functionality Stays up to date with latest learning trends and matches those to features

Cons

Terrible, I mean TERRIBLE customer support when things go wrong or need fixing/request support

Very versatile talent management and training platform for medium to larger sized organizations

We have really enjoyed our experience with Cornerstone OnDemand, as well as the customer support we have received. There are regular releases and updates.

Pros

It is cloud-based, so it is very secure, stable, and fast. The user interface is very modern and there is a minimal learning curve. There are some very nice reporting features.

Cons

There are many features and options, but the system seems to be much easier to use as an end-user, rather than as an administrator. It also does require having multiple admins set up, so keep that in mind for smaller organizations.

Great Talent Management System

Cornerstone is the best and most comprehensive solution that I have seen for talent management. I have used the LMS, Performance, Succession, Connect and Extended Enterprise modules. CSOD continues to make enhancements to their product, especially with Learning, Connect and Performance, but where they are lacking is in enhancements to their mobile app and to their Succession module. While I do find...

Cornerstone review

Pros

Cornerstone provide great customer support and client approach. They have very professional product management team. Cornerstone functionality covering most of the requirements from different industries for both white and blue collars. They have good possibility to configure solution and they keep delivering new enhancements every Release (quarterly)

Cons

As Cornerstone become bigger it is difficult to deliver enhancements with the same speed.Cornerstone need to increase number of developers to keep same level of enhancements quality and speed

I have been using Cornerstone OnDemand for 4 years this month.

Pros

Cornerstone sincerely values feedback from their users and gives support in various ways. Aside from the company's online Help, user guides, and user forums, if I am unsure of how to do something, I can reach out during daily "Office Hours" to discuss my scenario or I can call customer support directly. I also like that there is an opportunity on a quarterly basis to network at a regional one-day event with other Cornerstone Admins.

Cons

Cornerstone has releases that occur on a quarterly basis and keeping up all that is newly being released or updated can take time, if you do not have a process. Functionality of new pieces are rolled out with limitations and it takes several quarterly release process to get it to the point of using it.

Good functionality; forward focused company

Pros

Great functionality & unified talent management. I've reviewed other LMS vendors out there, and CSOD is the best I've found thus far when it comes to Learning Management Systems and seamless integration with Talent, Performance & Succession planning.

Cons

As a system analyst, I really like the functionality, but the price tag is a hard sell with the business.

Good platform for managing LMS, but sparse customization options and lack of personalized customer service hold it back from being really great.

Very solid platform lacking the top tier features that would put it firmly on top.

Pros

It is fairly simple and direct in its layout and design options, which allow for better structure and consistent site performance.

Cons

Really the backside of the Pro, the simplicity does not lend itself to being a unique platform for your company. If you have specific branding requirements, you will be hard pressed to have them easily plug into the site, and even harder pressed to find someone in their support channels to help you make some modifications.

I would recommend Cornerston onDemand

Pros

What I like most about Conerstone onDemand is ease of use on the administration side, the features that are available such as badges and online registration as well asthe ability for mobile access.

Cons

User is forced to make several clicks before opening training. Sometimes this can be time intensive when you are just trying to get to the training.

A powerful training tool

Pros

Cornerstone offers a powerful tool for tracking and assigning training. It allows you to setup instructor led training, including the scheduling of instructors, venue, and resources. You can add great YouTube videos you've found as learning objects. Cornerstone's reporting is a powerful tool allowing you to capture meaningful data with limited manipulation (if any) outside of their system.

Cons

Enhancements can be difficult owing to the fact that they will often affect all users - not every enhancement deserves its own on/off switch, and coding per customer is kept to a minimum. Reporting - specifically finding who is missing a training (such as compliance required items) can be difficult.

I have managed the implementation of Cornerstone's HCM suite for multiple customers.

I believe Cornerstone has one of the best cloud-based HCMs on the market and provides good value to it clients looking for a product that can offer flexibility in how learning, performance and recruiting is done within their organizations.

Pros

Cornerstone offers and integrated platform, ease of use, flexible interface, and keep current with the features most clients need from their HCM. Their customer service and client success community is well-structured and give clients a great value-added product support option in addition to the more formal support program.

Cons

Some modules of the application lag in development compared to others, need more robust integration options with other 3rd party products

Cornerstone a robust Talent Development Tool

Cornerstone is top notch in regards to talent management - our concern when looking for a system was to find one that could support our talent and development needs for our management and office staff but also provide the robust tracking and housing of records required by our clients for our safety training needs of our field employees across 4 different companies.

Pros

- Ease of Use - Customized to our needs - Integration with other systems - Robust real time reporting - Customized access and collaboration tools

Cons

When looking for an HRIS it would be nice if it could supported the other functions required of HR. Although at first we were only looking for a Training system, recruitment portions of the system would have been a nice addition if it had the requirement of supporting benefits and pay for employees as well in one system.

Begged my VP for Cornerstone and haven't regreted it!

Pros

It is flexible and easy to customize to your preferences. We have been able to increase how frequently our employees access training by taking advantage of approval workflows, self registrations and featured training option. The ability to customize notifications at the object level has also saved a great deal of time sending communications. Reporting is easy and Cornerstone allows us to give access to specific reports to various other employees. The support received by cornerstone both during and after implementation was tremendous.

Cons

Takes a while to get used to all of the features and how one feature affects another, however they have several training modules and office hours during which time you can call to ask questions.

We have been using Cornerstone for a little over a year now!

Pros

They have a lot to offer! We love that we have the opportunity to customize every part of Cornerstone! They provide a lot of information in the Success Center from follow-up webinars and also provide the Connect feature to communicate and ask questions about certain topics. They provide a great support team for us. We have been assigned a direct contact with any questions. Very supportive with the integration process! We were invited to attend the Atlanta's user group for all Cornerstone Users. This is Great! This is also a great support team for us too and you can be in direct contact with users-a great way to see others' best practices!!

Cons

New Releases, you basically are on your own...no testing plan in place. You have to rely on webinars and reading the blogs to stay up on some changes.

Very useful system

Pros

Cornerstone started as an LMS almost on par with SABA and they started branching out into the HR world and they did a wonderful job. The system is easy to use, and uses the cornerstone framework so anyone with previous experience can use it easily. It also works well in conjunction with other systems such as ADP. Great system to use if you already utilize cornerstone.

Cons

Its a bit on the pricy side and there's a larger learning curve than with most systems, but I think it's due to the company's age in this business thus understandable.

Expensive Software that you can buy for much less with a strong arm approach to renew

Walk away and never do business with this company. We are no moving to Bridge LMS which has comparable functionality at a better price, and better package for the product including ecommerce which wasn't included.

Pros

It met a vast array of training needs such as online compliance and managing signing up for in person training, and uploading completed training certificates obtained outside the organization.

Cons

It was not well liked by users, felt clumbsy and cumbersome. It was also expensive and the renewal went from 51K to 66K and we were notified one month before the renewal and had to be for 3 years. They changed the rate to 56K after we balked we have 1480 users, but wouldn't transition said take your data and go and if you want a one year renewal it is 84K. What kind of business does that

I was a user of this product was not too frustrated by it.

As an end user, I had no trouble going through the workflows setup by managers. It seemed to have interesting group capabilities. I've been an end user of other such software and was often of the mind I could personally create a better software solution. This was the first where that wasn't really the case. Unfortunately, this software was not something I could not take with me when I moved to a new job.

Pros

It was extremely easy for the end user to enter their information. It was stable It has oauth integration.

Cons

Importing/exporting data was somewhat lacking