Employee Navigator Reviews

4.49/5 (71 reviews)

Leslie Evans

I've loved Employee Navigator since 2014

Reviewed 2019-09-10

I started using Employee Navigator back in 2014. I currently build and maintain three Employee Navigator portals for three Insurance brokers across the state of Florida. I love how I can customize Employee Navigator to accommodate the needs of several different business types. I have lawyers, executives, truck drivers, teachers and hair styles all logging into Employee Navigator and using it with ease. The only thing I love more than this software are the people at the help desk. If I run into any issues I can call. One day I was in tears and poor Max had to calm me down, then helped me fix my problem. If I have a difficult issue that can't be resolved on the phone, I get escalated to Tier Two. My turn around time with Tier Two is usually with in a day. The entire support team is friendly and dedicated to solving my issues so I can continue on with my day.

Pros
Employee Navigator is visually attractive. I am able to locate employee information quickly. I love the Voluntary Life toggles, those are fun to play with. One of my favorite features is when you change Coverage Level from Employee to Employee Spouse the per pay period deductions change instantly. Lastly I am loving the Third Party App, hooking up a partner is easy and reduces my clients work flow.

Cons
The I-9 feature in Tasks is useless. This feature gives the illusion that the employee and the client have completed the I-9, when all it has really done is make the employee enter the same information twice. Once in Employee Navigator then again when they go through the E verify process. I discourage everyone from using this feature.

Karen Reyes

Biggest Bang for Your Buck

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Pros
What we and our clients love about Employee Navigator: it's very user-friendly, no need to print New Hire and Open Enrollment documents/handouts, abiltiy to add employee "tasks" and track those tasks, it's self-service, available 24-7, everything is on the portal. This saves them time and money.

Cons
Setting up the plans for Vol STD and Vol LTD can be a little tricky and you really need to pay attention to the plan "rounding rules". Failure to do so will result in inaccurate employee costs.

Heather Torres

Flexible System

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Employee Navigator has given our smaller clients a way to jump into the 21st century with their BenAdmin system where other software systems would not. In a lot of ways Employee Navigator offers more than what some of the more expensive software systems do. It is easy to use and quick to learn. We have been very happy with it.

Pros
We have really been impressed with the flexibility of the system. It can handle most any type of benefit situation that we have going on. It is also great that when we note something that could be improved the development team takes it seriously. We have been on the system for about 4 years and it continues to improve monthly!

Cons
I'm not a fan of the PTO system. We recommend our clients use whatever system they currently have in place.

Ronnie Meyers

Employee Navigator is Simple

Reviewed 2019-10-20

We've been working with Navigator for 5+ years and they are always trying to improve!

Pros
The nice thing about this software is that as the brokerage, we have 100% control over the data that is input into the system. It makes it really easy to implement a new client and is a nice value add for our client. The price is a little steep for a small brokerage, but ultimately, I think it is worth it.

Cons
I do not like that the integrations with carriers are not yet fully functional.

Jake Many

EN Review

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Overall it has been great learning and using EN. We often tell our clients it's the "Ferrari" of ben. admin systems and that's because we believe it is. We believe that they have put in the time and research to put out a quality product that, especially for the cost, is great for us and our clients to use. While the system can't do everything, it can do a lot of things and makes administering benefits easier.

Pros
I love the ease of use. As a non-IT professional, it was easy to learn and is easy to build our groups.

Cons
It is a "rules" based system, so there are some functions EN cannot do for what we need.

Mark Fox

Employee Naviator is hard to beat... but could be slightly better for brand new users

Reviewed 2019-09-06

Employee Navigator is the Microsoft for employee benefit management. There isn't a setup or situation that this software can't handle. Being one of the largest software solutions of this space, its already connect to tons of insurance companies. It feeds data instantly and stays up to date as data changes. Portals include, other vendors, broker, employer and employees. This makes it easy to keep good communications.

Pros
I love how this software is built for any situation. Crossing state lines, different pay rates, different classes, different plans offerings and on and on....

Cons
As a brand new user, you will feel overwhelmed creating you new groups. The new user training/tutorials could be a little better. Make the training more predominant to new users. Also, offer 24 hour coaching for those learning the system for the first time.

Deborah Gorman

Best of Breed Benefits Solution

Reviewed 2019-06-07

Employee Navigator has allowed our agency to build and deliver an easy to use benefit management system with HRIS capabilities for our clients timely and efficiently. The customizable site allows us to build a system that is client specific to their needs and process. We are able to scale the technology to the small and middle markets which allows them the ability to improve the user experience and overall efficiencies for HR.

Pros
Ease of use and user friendly New hires enrolled easily Ability to compare plans, benefits and costs/contributions Monitor deadlines,OE and enrollment status Payroll integration Carrier data connections Reporting capabilities and the ad hoc reporting functionality HRIS capabilities, onboarding, documents storage and management Customizable rule based system Support provided by Employee Navigator

Cons
Limited PTO functionality Voluntary benefits can be troublesome to manage around EOI Defined contributions limited functionality

Laurie Winston

Great Benefit Admin System that is Easy to Use & Affordable

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Great experience. The folks there are very responsive and understand our business and what needs to happen with any updates.

Pros
affordable, great support, ease of use/functionality, easy for employees to understand. It also offers more than just a benefit admin system, but also other HR functions such as PTO and HRIS.

Cons
Some issues with current functionality that could be better or updated faster.

Adam Berkowitz

The most flexible and scalable HRIS platform on the market.

Reviewed 2018-03-16

Pros
Employee Navigator has allowed me to build and scale a benefits consulting agency from the ground-up with incredible ease. This is highly flexible software that allows my team to deploy and customize employer HRIS portals in less than a day's time. You'd be hard-pressed to find a software company that is as dedicated to user feedback as Employee Navigator. The team is continually reinvesting in developing and rolling out new features and updates multiple times per year. I research multiple platforms each year and have yet to find a platform that can perform as well as Employee Navigator

Cons
There are some limitations to the HR features such as the inability to perform weekend PTO tracking and provide offer letter notices, however, the leadership team at Employee Navigator is growing their development team to tackle these enhancements.

Alexa Olenick

Still Room for Growth and Improvement

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Overall I've really enjoyed Employee Navigator. I see the potential and am excited to see the new product releases every year. It's not a perfect system, but it has saved our agency a lot of time and stress.

Pros
How easy/user friendly the system is, the capabilities and potential for this software and the willingness Employee Navigator has to grow and learn.

Cons
The reporting function could be better. There are a few issues with the flexibility of the system, or customization (which I know takes time and resources). For example being able to require EOI for disability, or rates based off gender. I would like to see additional training that goes a little more in depth. For example with eligibility I don't believe it mentions the 'Set New Hire Complete' in eligibility, yet I had an issue with reporting because of that function.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Angela Kidd

Game Changer

Reviewed 2019-07-11

This software gives you the ability to assist your clients with online enrollments, onboarding tasks, reports, payroll integrations, COBRA, EDI/API feeds, and the list goes on and on. Clients save time and money because Employee Navigator makes their job easier and more efficient. The beauty of the integrations, whether it is with payroll or the carriers keeps brokers lives simple as well. It's intuitive and aesthetically pleasing.

Pros
The carrier and payroll integrations are a key component when it comes to processing your clients enrollments in a seamless and cost effective manner.

Cons
You need to build the plans and rates manually. You do have the capability of copying existing plans, but you can't pull plans and rates from their database. They are working on a solution though.

Gerry Ruffner

Employee Navigator for employee benefit admin.

Reviewed 2019-09-12

EN has been a great addition for our office. Online enrollment capability has allowed us to expand our service area, and given our clients many tools that we couldn't offer before.

Pros
Once you become familiar with where things are, the program is very user friendly. Our clients who take the time to get acquainted with it love it's many HR/HRIS features. The reports features make it easy to keep up with our clients personnel changes. Because it is so easy to use, enrollments are quick and accurate.

Cons
Because there is so much to it, it does take regular use to become efficient in enrollment setup.

Jason Kaczor

Hands down the only way to go is Employee Navigator!

Reviewed 2019-06-04

Best purchase made for added value service for our clients

Pros
Employee Navigator is not only a feature packed power house when it comes to delivering an adaptable, easy to use and constantly improving platform, but is equally matched by its level of customer support professionals and staff with a level of service that has almost disappeared. Employee Navigator strives to stay on trend with updates and system enhancements that customers and users ask for while at the same time making these updates seamless during integration.

Cons
None!!! Have been using Employee Navigator for 4+ years and not found anything that I have had issues with or complaint.

Nancy Giacolone

Employee Navigator is an affordable, robust benefits administration system!

Reviewed 2019-05-07

We have become much more efficient as an agency and the dreaded fourth quarter is more manageable. Most of our clients now handle open enrollment through Employee Navigator which has improved accuracy and reduced our processing time. Many of our clients have now integrated payroll and vendor feeds.

Pros
I was an early adopter of Employee Navigator, having used it for nearly 5 years now. I have never regretted the decision as it continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing demands of the industry, brokers & clients. This software is an integral component of our success in both managing clients and attracting them.

Cons
I wish it had an Agency Management System component and commission tracking.

Kim Barry-Curley

Entering our 4 year. Very positive experiences - Still happy I choose EN over the competitors!

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Happy customers. Great record keeping

Pros
Ease of use, cost, ability to customize. Love navigator and the navigator family. Love the constant & quick up dates and improvements without waiting for a new versions.

Cons
Lack of a product , topic, trouble shooting manual that describes how the program works, what the formula is behind the scenes, and when to choose certain buttons. Reading about a topic before programming would be ideal. Searching the community for issues stinks. You use the wrong search name and you miss it all. We do not find out about issues or how we should have programmed until an issue occurs. This makes for a lower level of QA.

Bob Gearhart Jr.

We've moved all of our clients online and will never go back!

Reviewed 2017-12-29

Pros
We expected to gain client facing efficiencies but have been thrilled with the internal benefits it's had at our agency. We can scale so much more effectively now that we have standardized much of our processes through Employee Navigator. The software allows you to scale the technology used by larger employers into the small/middle market where it is most needed.

Cons
The software is constantly improving but that also comes means it's changing. Staying on top of all the new enhancements and features definitely requires an internal resource dedicated to the task but is worth it in the end.

Jason Perry

Small Business Solution for a Complex Benefits World

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Gives our groups back time in their day and less back and forth to ramp up on open enrollments. With a small 90 day window to quote, present, implement and enroll a group this helps us to streamline the process and get our groups installed in less time that paper enrollments.

Pros
Integrations and customization. Report is easy and can dump information quickly into spreadsheets. Always inovating

Cons
There are some limitations. Need to integrate with quoting software. Needs to be able to integrate with medical carriers for api feeds

Philip Doumar

Employee Navigator Review

Reviewed 2019-09-17

It's been great. I enjoy that I am able to change anything on the spot and it is very easy to use

Pros
The customer service is great. If I ever have questions I am easily able to get in touch with your team and get immediate help. I love the features and this has helped me close business

Cons
I do not like that I can't delete old groups that were either set up as demo's when I was first learning the software or who have left our agency. I do not like how sometimes the homepage gets updated, although I am pretty easily able to figure out the changes.

Stacy Green

This has been a fantastic tool that has enabled us to elevate our agency's services.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Pros
The flexibility - we are able to control building, changing and updating our client's sites on the fly. We do not have to worry about submitting changes and waiting for the vendor to update the system. And the Customer Support team is extremely helpful and responsive. We have never had an ineffective or inefficient interaction with their team. They provide comprehensive training and a knowledge base that covers nearly every topic - from the most general question to very specific situations.

Cons
There really have been very few drawbacks. Where there are any gaps or situations that EN cannot accommodate, they tend to address those situations and make changes to their system.

Merce F

Great Portal

Reviewed 2019-08-07

Pros
Simple and convenient Not only user friendly from a Broker's perspective, but clients have also expressed the same. Makes their jobs so much easier, no paperwork! Great Customer Service. Everyone I have had the pleasure of speaking with, have been very helpful and friendly!

Cons
The defined contributions, I do not find this feature easy to use. Having to input benefits manually, can be tedious. In the Eligibility Rules - update wording for (Coverage Begins/Entry Date (After Waiting Period) to match specific carriers.

Anonymous

85% the bomb. 15% still improving.

Reviewed 2019-04-10

Prior to using Employee Navigator, I had many more printed checklists and spreadsheets. I was often worried that was forgetting something or that I had forgotten to update a benefit carrier. With Employee Navigator, I've trimmed down the enrollment periods and headaches. It is much smoother for me, the employee, and the carriers. It used to take until April to get my benefit billing to match enrollment. Now, I only need to do a couple of checks before February.

Pros
Once set up, the system makes employee onboarding and benefit enrollment a breeze. It has really helped me to make the experience for employees much better by reducing the amount of effort required on their part.

Cons
When setting up custom task groups, I can't reorder the groups to be presented in the order of my choosing. The best second option is to group all of my tasks in one group. It works but it isn't as smooth as I was hoping.

Douglas Simms

Been using for 5 years, very easy to learn and they are always making enhancements

Reviewed 2017-07-28

Pros
Ease of use, customization, constant updates. Payroll Integration. Complete HRIS. Use the system as you want for as little or as much as you want. Task management and employee interaction.

Cons
The system is yours to use as you want, this can be hard for some to grasp. Some carriers are not integrated yet, this is mainly because they are not up to the times of XML format. Employee navigator is working very hard to get more and more on board.

John Tunney

Employee Navigator cares about its user base!

Reviewed 2018-01-02

Pros
The pricing model allows us to offer this technology to many of our clients without a significant upfront investment. This provides our clients technology that significantly improves their overall efficiency and allows us to control the client experience.

Cons
I would like to see a more robust approach to testing and quality assurance. This would help us minimize the risk that a system setting has been incorrectly configured.

R. Brent Bennett, AIF®

Great User Experience and consistently progressing.

Reviewed 2018-01-02

Affordable option that scales our systems and make it convenient for our clients.

Pros
Ease of use, constantly upgrading and user friendly. Ability to run multiple reports are amazing at the employer level. The Wall feature allows us to monitor daily activity from a single screen so ability to manage multiple clients is built in.

Cons
The cost increases substantially each year although still a great value. No integration with 401(k) benefits.

Marlys Hill

Employee Navigator is a great tool for our clients

Reviewed 2019-09-12

This is a great product that we use for many of our clients. It has made our jobs easier as the broker as well as made our clients HR jobs easier.

Pros
This software has helped many of our clients streamline their benefits

Cons
The system has a few limitations for some of the ancillary lines, however, they are always working to improve and are very active with the broker world and listen to all our suggestions. They are continually updating the system.