Hi5 Reviews

Hi5

Virtual Hi5's for a culture of recognition & appreciation

4.38/5 (130 reviews)

Pros
  • I love the look of it, it sure is inviting. The app is user-friendly and I love the gifs (they are funny).Cathlin d.Read the full review
  • The team love a GIF at the best of times so the GIPHY integration is a lovely touch, allows for some cheeky personalisation and adds a lightness to the praise.Caroline O.Read the full review
  • I like the mobility of praising colleagues, and rewarding them on a digital platform that's closed to the company.Ryno C.Read the full review
Cons
  • I have no frustration to date. This survey is frustrating me though by forcing more text.Ninell R.Read the full review
  • I cant say that i have found anything that i dislike about the software as yet.Nigel P.Read the full review
  • This is always odd when someone gave a hi5 on 31st of the month and you only see it on 1st of the new month.Uwais A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Geoff Noble

Great concept. Makes HR easy. Say goodbye to long meaningless performance reviews.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Highly engaged employees and don't need to waste time on pointless long-winded performance reviews from the 1990s.

Pros
Simple to explain the idea of giving Hi5. We have created a monthly competition where the person who receives most hi5's wins a prize. Keeps employees engaged and on a path to excellence.

Cons
No reporting on app - need to go to web for that. Not a deal breaker but would nice to see some stats on the go.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Geoff!

WOW thanks for this amazing review! Although we'd like to keep the apps as simple and easy to use as possible, we are definitely looking into adding some of the reporting features!

Keep Hi5'ing,

Sheu Mavee

Hi5 as a Platform for Recognizing Team Member Contribution in a High-pace Tech Environment

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-07-25

I've seen that it helps improve morale and motivation to do better the more often we take time to let people know how much their contribution is valued. I will continue to use Hi5 and encourage my team members to do the same. Peer Evaluations should be ongoing and Hi5 supports for that.

Pros
I like that it creates a public channel where we can post positive feedback to my team members. It is always good for people to get a view of how their efforts are recognized. We work in a high pace environment, where giving recognition is often just a pat on the back and then quickly forgotten the next time something takes priority. So with Hi5 we have somewhere to actually record this recognition.

Cons
Currently the user interface feels a bit busy. Quite a lot of things happening on the Wall of Fame page. Having multiple features on the left and right hand side might be a bit too much. Perhaps an addition to the product could be to provide some aspect of "critical" feedback to be sent privately to a team member. Just to assist them to find ways for personal improvement. I understand this could potentially take away the "feel-good" factor that Hi5 is trying to promote in organisations, but it could help for people to get a view of where their peers would want them to improve.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hiya Sheu!

Thanks so much for leaving us a review :) we really appreciate the feedback.

For giving more critical feedback, why not look at using Pulses with Goals or Culture ratings included? This way you can solicit more performance-orientated feedback from co-workers.

Need more info? Ask us at help@get5.io

Hi 5

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-06-28

Its OK, I really cant say i love it, but I'm not mad at it either

Pros
That you can let a colleague know they doing a great job or that they are just an awesome person

Cons
being forced to give Hi 5 every month. Then having to give Hi5's just because you need too. It annoying and not sincere

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Thanks so much for leaving your review - it means so much to us when our users give candid feedback!

We're sure your colleagues appreciate the ongoing recognition, but we understand that sometimes you're too busy or haven't noticed any commendable work at the office. Hopefully you've been receiving recognition as well!

If you ever need some tips on giving recognition, let us know and we'll arrange to host a 30min Recognition Workshop at your company.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Ayden Smith

Hi5 Review

Reviewed 2020-03-04

Good for small to medium business who want to appreciate employees on a semi-formal platform

Pros
Awesome to appreciate team members and see others being appreciated in the same organization continually.

Cons
It is still new, so sometimes there are bugs, but the customer support is awesome and features are constantly being implemented

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hey Ayden! Thanks so much for leaving such a stellar review!

We're so happy you're enjoying using Hi5!

Honest Review

Reviewed 2019-07-15

Great to use. The leaderboard is one of my favourite features. Recognising peers in a public/accessible forum makes them feel special which is great.

Pros
Recognising Peers does volumes for morale. This is the main reason i make a special effort to use this app.

Cons
I cannot think of a single downside of the actual software. I just wish management would use it more. Especially C level executives.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Wow, it's amazing to hear that co-workers are able to connect with each other more because they have a platform to give recognition.

You are right - management need to be as involved as employees, if not more, in giving recognition.

We're publishing a blog article soon addressing this very issue. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we can help your company in the near future!

Ryan Hendricks

Best app

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Great app, people that were never seen in the company are being recognized for the things they do

Pros
I like that we can give credit or praise the hard-working employees so that everyone can receive recognition

Cons
I feel that I don't find any issues other than the speed of the app, a bit slow but still good

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hey Ryan!

Thanks so much for leaving us an awesome review! We really appreciate your feedback.

If you ever get stuck with a slow Hi5, please let us know at help@get5.io or chat to us on the chat bot!

Daniel Trabas

Easy form to recognition for the colleagues

Reviewed 2019-12-11

We are recent using Hi5 for a short time but the acceptation of the solution by the colleagues is great. The easy to use and in special, the opportunity to publish (only for the company) the recognitions do the use of the tool a great place for all of us.

Pros
It is easy to use application really friendly. In a view, you can check the contributions and recognitions of the colleagues and, could add your comments, images or smiles. The option to filter the messages that you would like to see in the feed is really fantastic, having a lot of different filters to tune your search. The publication of recognition or message is really easy.

Cons
Despite the feed panel is clear, in my opinion, the recognitions boxes are too big and are necessary to do a lot of scrolling.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Daniel!

Thank you for leaving us a stellar review! We're so happy that your company is enjoying Hi5!

If you're keen to chat to one of us, please reach out to help@get5.io and chat to one of our Hi5 Heroes.

Have a great day,

Stewart Gilburt

Hi5 The Perfect Way To Show Appreciation

Reviewed 2019-07-19

We are motivating employees and thus creating a great working environment for all !! We are able to show appreciation better and track performance statistics as well.

Pros
It is easy to use and to customize for any organisation in any sector.

Cons
I have not found anything yet which I like least about this software.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Stewart!

We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying Hi5! Please don't hesitate to give us some candid feedback if there's anything we can improve on

Email us at help@get5.io

Shaun Pretorius

Hi 5 for Hi 5!

Reviewed 2020-03-09

I like it, it give us the opportunity to give credit and visibility where it is deserved.

Pros
Straightforward and easy to use, anybody will be able to pick this up and run with it.

Cons
Nothing so far, I have yet to come across something i dislike.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Shaun!

We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for leaving us a review!

If you ever need some help please reach out to us on the Support chat or email help@get5.io.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Frederick Chigwaza

Overal review

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-21

Pros
- you can motivate your co-workers by giving them good reviews and comments in the form of a 'hi5' whenever they do remarkable work. - Let the rest of the organisation also know of other departments' good work in the form of hi5's

Cons
- none actually i use the software mostly towards month end to rate my co-workers' work based on the month's work

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Chigwasa!

Thank you for your feedback.

We're happy to know that you enjoy using Hi5 and you're finding value in it! Please let us know if there are any other features we could add that would make you want to use Hi5 every single day?

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rameez Behardien

Great tool for boosting social interactions, an even better tool for recognition!

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Amazing!!! A free app which encourages recognition and employee happiness/well being in their work and personal lives. Who knew a free app would bring so many people together and even create friendships. Maybe it's what we all want at the end of the day (recognition) but are too afraid/shy to ask for it, all i know is that Hi5 bridges that gap and makes everything so much easier and fun.

Pros
Boosted social Interaction: It has allowed me and my team and those in my department to interact with each other more often, it has even promoted new friendships within our department. We usually tend to keep to ourselves and our teams due to our nature of work and break times however, since the implementation of Hi5, people who never spoke to each other are now conversing on a daily basis, to a point where every day they are recognizing each other for whatever it is they may have done. Hi5 has also promoted healthy meetings where we call out these Hi5's and have everyone clap and acknowledge it. It feels good to know that something so simple, breaks that barrier down for someone who is wanting the recognition but is afraid to ask for it. It makes putting yourself out there so much easier because you know that your team will appreciate the work you do, when they see it.

Cons
Due to your nature of work you may have to 'find time" to constantly recognize people and commend them. This however does not have to be done immediately and can be done at a later stage. This is nothing with regards to the software(Hi5) but rather by-product of using it. In our department we have quite a large number of people so the app does consume some time however, this wont be for everyone and once again is not a con, just something to keep in mind for larger companies with more employees.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Rameez!

Hope you're doing well :) What a champ! Thanks for leaving such an amazing review!

We definitely agree with you - Hi5 is not for everyone. It works best in SME's, although we do have some larger companies using our app as well!

If you ever get stuck on anything, please drop us a line at help@get5.io or just talk to our chatbot (we promise a human will answer!)

Asanda Ketelo

Hi5 Sessions

Reviewed 2019-02-12

My experience with Hi5 app is 99.99%, for now I really don't have anything to add on this app.

Pros
It's fun, it's where you appreciate your colleagues at work. Always updates you with the Teams birthdays- that most important, this app makes us feel like home while we at work. It also make you feel not to left behind, giving out Hi5 is the most interesting part. End of the day if you're the top giver, you win Hi5 Award and some little gift from the office to make it more interested.

Cons
Communication & more information about other Colleagues job descriptions.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Asanda!

Thanks so much for your generously positive feedback! We're so pleased you're enjoying Hi5.

Please reach out to us at any time you may need some assitance! Simply email help@get5.io and a Hi5 Hero will be able to assist you.

Caroline Oswald

An easy way to link remote teams

Reviewed 2019-07-01

streamGo encourages remote working and almost all work at least two days from home, alongside the remote nature of some of the roles in the business, Hi5 has enabled a consistent and always-available channel for the team to give praise when and where it is due. The biggest challenge beforehand is that the praise was being handed out but it was never heard by all.

Pros
Hi5 is so easy to use and has no laborious set up processes. The team love a GIF at the best of times so the GIPHY integration is a lovely touch, allows for some cheeky personalisation and adds a lightness to the praise. We have only scraped the surface of the functionality so I'm sure I'll have more to say in the coming weeks.

Cons
There is nothing to report at this stage, we are still very new to Hi5 but so far it feels like the light of touch tool we were looking for. As soon as it becomes a chore for people to use it, people will stop using it. Only thing I would encourage is to keep it simple.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Caroline!

We love what we're hearing! Keep up the Hi5's and please reach out to us at any time you may need some help!

help@get5.io

Hi5 is the glue of our team

Reviewed 2019-06-18

I enjoy the application immensely but will say that there needs to be a constant effort in terms of how we engage and at what points. I find that sometimes I forget to put a high5 on the platform and then weeks go by without taking the time to acknowledge a colleague. Perhaps the app can start to grow out into integration on Gmail and other platforms to make it easier to give praise quickly and seamlessly within the workday.

Pros
The best part about High5 is that it actively promotes feedback and recognition in the workplace. This has proven benefits to team morale and positive culture. High5 makes it easy and entertaining to make sure you visit the platform regularly! Its visually dynamic layout brings a welcome break to the average day on the desktop, I find myself sometimes revisiting old High5's just to get the boost again.

Cons
The software is still being developed and it is sometimes a little bit cumbersome to look at or get around. There can be an improvement in the 'flow' from screen to screen. Some times the GIF function does not work and it only displays partially on the wall.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Thank you for leaving us a great review :)

Please reach out if you ever need some help! Email help@get5.io

Hi5 makes celebrating your co-workers quick, easy and most importantly - FUN

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
I love how easy it is to use this software. Every feature has been designed with ease of use and speed in mind. I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, so finding time to review colleagues or give praise - but with Hi5, I can do that in less than 5 minutes. They also strive to make HR - something that is painful and boring - into something fun and exciting

Cons
If there is anything I don't like about Hi5, it has been the overall speed of the platform. Unfortunately the more information, staff and Hi5s you have, means the platform slows down - taking longer to load.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi there!

Thanks so much leaving us a review - we really appreciate the time you took to give us valuable feedback!

We're continuously looking at ways to improve Hi5 and optimise the speed.

If you ever need help with using Hi5, please don't hesitate to get in touch at help@get5.io!

Brendan van Zyl

Easy to just go in a hi5 someone, and as well as back someone else's hi5

Reviewed 2018-06-27

Recognition of effort and jobs well done, as well as a means to offer the same recognition to others

Pros
Easy to use and all hi5's are visible for everyone to see, so the recognition is clear. Backing other hi5's makes it possible to have a single hi5 reason with multiple votes instead of multiple hi5's that relate to the same thing.

Cons
All operations that wait for the server to complete consume too much of the user's time. The frontend of backend processing needs to be speeded up

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Brendan!

Thanks so much for your awesome rating! We also really appreciate the advice you listed - we are constantly looking at ways to improve Hi5 and make it better. We are also continuously optimising the speed and experience.

Get in touch with us at help@get5.io if you ever experience any problems and one of our Hi5 Heroes will assist!

Nokuthula Nqubuka

Best software ever

Reviewed 2019-07-11

Staff knows a lot about the company without having to ask, like company culture and able to show appreciation to each other easily, reminds everyone about each others birthdays

Pros
Ease of use, connects you to everyone at the same time

Cons
Nothing that I know of always on track , love it

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Nokuthula!

We really appreciate your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you using Hi5.

Please let us know if you ever have any questions, email us at help@get5.io

Alex Florence

Hi5 review

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-07-08

Pros
I like the fact that it gives everyone in the company the ability to review each other and see who is delivering on being a Hi5 worthy employee. It gives the people who would otherwise fly under the radar for their achievements an opportunity to be recognized for their efforts.

Cons
the recognition is departmentally based. What I mean by this is that only the people that you interact with on an everyday basis have the option of giving you a Hi5. This makes it easier for employees who are interacting with multiple departments across the company to get Hi5's, no matter how hard the 'limited' employees may try to get Hi5's, it all depends on the people they are in contact with. This has the possibility of having the adverse effect of the softwares' aim by decreasing morale as the effort would not reflect as the employee would hope.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Alex!

Thanks so much for leaving your review of Hi5!

We'd love to chat more about what you're experiencing regarding Hi5-giving? There is no limitation on who is allowed to receive & give Hi5's in your company (Everyone can give recognition on Hi5!).

You can Hi5 anyone in your company who has activated their account (if you can't find them easily on your list, try searching by name).

If this person hasn't activated their account yet, you will be able to send them a reminder to activate (invite via Desktop only), but will only be able to Hi5 them once they're active.

Please reach out to us at help@get5.io so we chat about this :)

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Dielah Joseph

very good

Reviewed 2019-06-18

they will always remind you

Pros
when you can compliment someone and get feedback back

Cons
nothing they are good the way they are they must not chances

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Dielah!

WOW thanks for your stellar review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Please hit us up at help@get5.io if you ever need some assistance.

Annette Nyembe

My thoughts on my 7 months of using Hi5

Reviewed 2019-02-12

We are definitely solving issues like demotivation and low morale by having this platform. Everyone wants to feel appreciated and this allows just that.

Pros
I thoroughly love being able to commend my colleagues and give credit where it's due. Working in a big organisation sometimes means the smaller deeds are left unnoticed. Often we appreciate colleagues but never actually let them know. It's great to have a platform that reminds you (super grateful for the email reminders by the way) to be conscious about your peers and the small and large contribution they are making.

Cons
I think the website could be more refined. It feels a bit cluttered and i sometimes don't know where things are. There's a lot going on on the homepage.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Annette!

Thanks for leaving us your review!

We <3 that your company is benefiting from our platform, and we'll definitely look at improving the dashboards (we're looking for more ways to simplify and improve Hi5!)

Ryan Paterson

Great app to build company culture

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Love the new Pulses feature, this helps us nail a regular feedback loop within the company.

Pros
Ease of use on my mobile phone, and their TV projection mode.

Cons
Lots of features, but we use them only for recognition and feedback which are their strengths.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Ryan!

Thanks so much for leaving your great review!

We're so pleased to know that you love our app :) Please reach out to help@get5.io if you ever need some help!

Cristelle Snyman

What a great way to share appreciation

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Hi5 is a great tool for improving internal communication and building team morale - it's inspiring to see deserving team members being recognised for their hard work!

Pros
I love how Hi5 encourages team members to share appreciation on everyday tasks - what a great way to motivate each other! I also enjoy reading team updates on the platform rather than sending emails - all company news is now kept in one one central place. Thanks Hi5!

Cons
On my android phone I can't add GIFS when I Hi5 team members - I know my colleagues with iPhones doesn't have the same problem. Please fix that! :)

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Cristelle!

WOW we love what we're reading - deserving co-workers getting recognition for a job well done

If you're unable to add GIFs on your Android app, you may need to update to our latest version! Please go to your Play store > My Apps, then tap on Hi5 and Update.

Reach out to us at help@get5.io if you're stuck!

Michael Van Heerden

Great App, Drives Motivation.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-07-02

My experience so far is great, something that i have noticed is that it isn't being used by most employees, not sure if there is maybe no interest or an understanding issue. Something i'd like is maybe a suggestion mail/notification when someone has been hi5'd to back it because you sometimes forget to check the app, but this might already be implemented that i just missed, however it is an awesome app overall i love the idea, i just have to use it more often.

Pros
The fact that you can give/receive recognition to or from peers/managers without it having to be a physical conversation, it is sometimes hard to find time to appreciate what employees do in a busy work environment. This app makes is easier and saves time, i like that the recognition is visible to everyone as this drives motivation. The setup was easy, and the training/presentation was great.

Cons
There isn't really something i didn't like, but if i have to mention something maybe it would be the profile picture. Not sure if i did it incorrectly but it would be nice to have the option to set your own profile picture instead of it selecting one for you during the initial setup but this is probably something that is there that i just missed.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Michael!

Great to hear your feedback, and we love your suggestion of nudging users to back Hi5's that have been given

In terms of changing your profile pic - we didn't want to give you a mundane silhouette as a placeholder, so we opted for animal pics

But you can definitely personalise this by going to your My Profile tab and clicking on your placeholder profile pic.

Happy Hi5'ing!

Hlengiwe Nsindane

Reason why I love this app

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-21

Business wise it helped our seniors to be able to see which employees are meeting the companies objectives as some managers do not know what happens in other departments.

Pros
I don't have a specific item I would say I liked the most as I loved the whole app as a whole. The app helped us recognize each other's efforts as a team. If you doing a great job and someone from your team sees the potential, he/she would send you a Hi5 and that is seen by your manager who is happy to have a team of people who take initiative. It also gives the person Hi5ed motivation to do better. So the app was great

Cons
I did not like the fact that one had an option to Hi5 him/herself as people could easily cheat just to be on the leaderboard.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Hlengiwe!

We really appreciate that you left us some great feedback!

Regarding Hi5-giving, you are not able to give yourself a Hi5. Could you let us know the details of this case so we can check it out? Please mail: help@get5.io

Hi5 Team

Michelle Marais

Team spirit

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Using Hi5 encourages healthy growth and development, and generally, our team is happier and more productive as a result.

Pros
Integrating ratings into the software enables team members to have an accurate understanding of true value. Using Hi5 has also elevated team spirit and encourages team members in areas of growth and development.

Cons
Self-ratings. But that is more to do with the fact that one has to self analyse value, rather than the software itself.

Response from Hi5 Technologies

Hi Michelle!

Wow, we love what we're hearing - it's great news that your team is happier and more productive since using Hi5!

When it comes to self-ratings, it's a great way to reflect on your personal growth at your company. With our new Pulses feature Admins can toggle Self-ratings on/off.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any more feedback for us!