HR Avatar Pre-Employment Tests Reviews

4.79/5 (24 reviews)

Marie Porrino

Using HR Avatar for hiring the right candidate

Reviewed 2016-10-28

I signed up for HR Avatar, after having to terminate two people I hired for an Administrative position, because the skills they claimed to have they did not possess. HR Avatar allowed me to customize a test to determine if the candidate possessed the skills the position required. Though at first I was skeptical of having the applicant take a test before I interviewed them, it proved to be beneficial. So many candidates did not bother to start the test, and some started and never bothered to finish (it was interesting to follow the candidate from the first time they accessed the site, or that they never even attempted to, and each time they interacted with the test site). Those that never started or did not complete the test told me all I needed to know about themselves and I was able to weed them out. It was a nice perk too, that if the candidate never started the test, that I could request my credits back, since they weren't used. One thing that I did, which would be a beneficial addition from HR Avatar, was to email the candidate to let them know that I was sending them a test via HR Avatar, that was required to be considered for the position, including the approx. length of time it would take to complete the test. I never wanted the receiver to think it might be SPAM and disregard the test. My email letting them know what was coming seemed to me to be the extra step for the candidate to feel safe utilizing the test site, and to know to watch for the test, since we implemented a cut off date for each test to be completed. I am happy to say that we did hire someone who completed the test, and she has been employed with us for 6 months. I would use HR Avatar again when I need to hire someone

Mindy Roberdeau

Great tool for small business company

Reviewed 2016-10-28

Our professional business company used these services to help narrow the field down of potential candidates as part of selection and hiring process. They have very "job-specific" simulated testing that helps to gauge skills, knowledge and even personal traits. It's a great approach to an overall "snap shot" of applicants. It saved our staff time and money that it would have required to do this task on our own. It's one thing for a perspective applicant to tell you they can perform a certain task. It's another thing to have them take the simulated testing that produces concrete and tangible evidence of their ability to actually perform those job-related tasks. The feedback from the candidates we administered the testing to, was very positive. Most had not ever seen one like it. It's not strictly a personality test, like most products out there. It's all inclusive testing tool that includes personality tendencies, job record history, "suggested" red flag areas as well as personality traits. Most test takers loved it! When I signed up to use the Avatar product, I received emails and a personal phone call from the Avatar company. They helped me to narrow done what to use for what we were specifically looking for as well as what we, as a company wanted to target in our hiring process. They were very helpful and accommodating. The ease of use of the product in choosing the tests, administering them and receiving the results was user friendly on top of it. I would highly recommend the Avatar services. We are a small firm and to have this tool helped us achieve our desired goals.

Robert Clothier

Different Style of Testing

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-11-21

We have used in the past for Customer Service, HR, and other technical positions. The reports are broken up into different categories which make it easy to tell where a candidate excels or needs improvement. This style of testing makes it easy to gauge computer skills. I particularly like the attention to detail score it provides. I do wish that there was some explanation in terms of how the scoring is done. There are a lot of positions I wish I could test using HR Avatar that aren't an option.Attention to detail. Testing computer skills. Interactive style.

Jan Byrum

HR Avatar has a lot to offer

Reviewed 2019-02-01

HR Avatar supports their software - The customer service here is incredible - I have always had my questions answered or my needs addressed.The software is video interactive, simulating real life situations that a candidate could encounter. Tests may be mailed out individually or in an email blast - I have the option of sending none or multiple reminders that the link is waiting for a candidate. and I am notified as soon as candidate has completed the test. The summary is both graphically represented and has a written summary. The assessment review has great follow up questions to ask if your candidate scores in an area that is other than what you are looking for.

Emily Ross

Customer Service Representative (with Emails and calls) Assessment

Reviewed 2018-12-18

This software provides our candidates the preview of what the position is truly like and gives them more of an understanding of what will be required of them if they are hired for the position. I really like the camera feature as well so we can truly see if the candidate is taking the assessment by their self or if they have someone assisting them.

Leah Nurik

HR Avatar Helped Us Hire Fast and with Confidence

Reviewed 2017-03-17

We had never used standardized testing during the hiring process before we came on board with HR Avatar. As we scaled, doubling in size, we looked to solutions that would improve our success and longevity rate of our hires. HR Avatar has helped us meet those objectives, by reducing turnover and improving skill and culture fit for all types of roles across our organization. Companies that are looking for scientific and additional assurance of hires would be well suited to look at HR Avatar. It has helped our organization hire rapidly and with confidence, supporting our growth. Also, the simulations mirror real world scenarios which is very helpful in evaluating potential team members. Thanks, HR AVATAR!easy, accurate, detailed reports, simulation-based whole-person approach

Michael Savage

Great Pre-Employment Tests

Reviewed 2016-11-16

We really like that there tests simulated a real world working environment. We felt that this gave us even more confidence that if someone scored well on this test that they would also do well on the job. Have to say deciding to administer pre-employment tests prior to conducting interviews has been by far the best HR decision I have made for our firm. Truly takes out the guess work on whether someone is a good fit for the job. We have hired our first candidate who do well on their test and will keep you posted on whether they work out or not. Thanks again HR Avatar. Simulates real world environment Easy to use Extensive test results with interview questions

Susan Rademaker

HR Avatar has been a great change

Reviewed 2017-04-21

We researched candidate assessment vendors for a year before selecting HR Avatar. The team at HR Avatar was responsive, experts in the business, and by far, the most cost effective. The assessment is interactive and a direct reflection of the job. The candidate gets a feel for the job and we get a feel for how successful they may be in the job. Our hiring managers and HR recruitment team love the detailed interview reports that are provided. We have shared this product with other divisions of our organization who are seriously considering also using.Easy to use for employers and candidates. Results are accurate! Candidates reveal traits in the interview that were revealed in the assessment results.

Pamela Julian

HR Avatar Experience

Reviewed 2016-10-28

HR Avatar is a great program that has truly made a difference in how our company's hiring process functions. This program is so easy to use and offers such incredibly detailed feedback. I would absolutely recommend this program to other businesses.The ease of use

Gabriel Sheffield

Perfect Assessment Testing for Employment Candidates

Reviewed 2017-07-13
Review Source: Software Advice

We used Wonderlic and Criteria Corp. While both are great services, HR Avatar offers easy set up and easy to read metrics. What we really like is the ability to work with HR Avatar to design custom validated tests. This is a fantastic product that allows our recruitment firm to effectively assess our candidates for technical and "soft" skills, helping us match the perfect candidates for our clients.

Julie Punchard

Great Experience

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-19

We have used HR Avatar Pre-Employment tests for many different positions and all were very helpful as we evaluated top candidates. Easy to use; variety of tests/positions; great customer support.

Lou Marzeles

Accurate, easy, and affordable -- a small business' dream come true!

Reviewed 2017-03-08

I come from big-city experience and became the publisher of a small-town newspaper. Everything I thought I knew about effective vetting of job candidate was useless here -- the talent pool and approach to hiring are very different. We researched for months trying to find a testing service that would meet our needs and not cost us the proverbial arm and leg. HR Avatar totally fits the bill. I'm blown away by how accurate and detailed the service is, as well as the attention to detail and tools they provide to help you follow through. Customer service is fantastic. They listen and help. I can't speak highly enough of HR Avatar.Ease and accuracy.

Mike Collins

Amazing Service and Spot On Testing

Reviewed 2016-10-28

We had a session with a representative who explained thoroughly how the HR Avatar sire works and the company philosophy pertaining to methods and results tailored to a specific job. Their list of available industry positions was impressive and we were able to find tests that matched our job descriptions. This was a pleasant surprise. The test results were easy to evaluate and we have had excellent results with two management hires. I recommend this product to any company with high quality standards.

Krystle Ontiveros

AVATAR Review

Reviewed 2018-12-20

I like that the AVATAR has all the different areas of where the candidate excels and where they could use some help.

Sandy Neely

HR Avatar guides us to the right employment choices

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-24

HR Avatar has become a valuable tool for us and we feel it has been a contributor to increased retention rate.This online assessment tool helps our company make better decisions on candidates. This tool enables us to compare strengths and weaknesses of candidates to ultimately make the best decision on offers of employment.

Yvonne Boettger

A Valuable Resource!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2016-11-30

I have found HR Avatar to be an important part of our recruitment and selection process. The value received far exceeds the price. The extensive library of positions, and the detailed report of each candidate received.

Roger Heegaard

Enova Illumination

Reviewed 2017-03-22

We had an excellant experience with HR Avatar. The online experience was seamless, the reporting was thorough and easily understandable. And most impressive, was particularly the hands-on expertise, responsiveness and outreach by the company in assisting us and guiding us through this assessment and hiring process. I highly recommend HR Avatar.

Beckie Jorgensen

Great tool!

Reviewed 2016-10-31

Candidates have enjoyed the interactive experience. Hiring managers can easily understand the reports and really like how inclusive the tool is for each position. HR Avatar takes the guesswork out of having to send multiple skills tests.

Debra Cancro

Helps my startup

Reviewed 2017-03-24

HR Avatar is very helpful to help me objectively compare and rate candidates. It's so easy to use, I just type in a candidate's email address and HR Avatar handles the rest. I'm a big fan!!

Christie Reeves

Its great!

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I have not have much experience with HR Avatar but so far its good and have found ti very easy to use. I would recommend it.

Anisia Cornwell

HR AVATAR IS AWESOME!

Reviewed 2017-03-16

We have had an awesome expirience with HR Avatar. Great service! Great results! Much easier hiring!

Paul Ruiz

The technology cutting edge assessment solution

Reviewed 2015-03-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to use and practicality of price. Very easy to use and probably the lowest available price in the market.

Annette Stone

Strong Assessment Tool

Reviewed 2016-10-28

We have used HR Avatar Customer Service Assessment for hiring Call Center Agents for our Financial Services-Technology Company. We found the assessment easy to disseminate to our candidates and have had a high success rate with completion. The results have been good indicators of a candidates skills and traits as applicable to the actual job. We have been able to hire top performers and avoid bad hires. Overall this assessment is an effective tool. Usability- user friendly. Interpretative results

Monica Lacey

HR Avatar testing was a huge help for our HR department!

Reviewed 2016-10-28

HR Avatar was our company's first experience with pre-employment HR testing & it was exactly what we needed! Comprehensive results and a clear interview guide made the tests helpful for the hiring process, but also the site is very user friendly, easy to navigate, and it's an excellent value for the price! Highly recommend.Ease of use, clarity of test results, very comprehensive.