SurePayroll Reviews

User ratings

4.1

• Likelihood to recommend8.86/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Easy to use, good customer support, good documentation and help with tax matters. Substantially cheaper than some of the other nanny share cloud accounting services out there.
Great customer service, ease of use, simple navigation and customer service is always available. With me being a small business owner the monthly fees are great and within range.
Although this was an oversight on my part, I think it should be set to "no", and the administrator should have to click yes. This mistake ended up costing me $2700.
Inability to completely void out a payroll check that was incorrectly issued, and instead I had to issue a negative amount the next week in order to make the adjustment for the end of year 1099.
Customer service is the worst in the industry.

SurePayroll users...

+ 1

RUN Powered by ADP

Quickbooks Online-logocaret

Quickbooks Online

How would you rate SurePayroll?

good payroll service

Transcript

Steve S.: My name is Steve. I'm an agency owner of an insurance agency. And of course, the industry that...

SurePayroll - accurate, timely, easy to use

Pros

Love that we are able to provide every employee with their own log in access to view history, print copies of checks and W-2's. Frees up a lot of time by allowing them to perform this critical task.

Cons

Nothing negative too report. We have not experienced any problems with accuracy of data, and their security is excellent.

Good priced payroll service

Overall it has been excellent. The set up was easy, using it is simple, they notify me and the employee when paid, the customer service is helpful and easy to reach.

Pros

Easy to use, online interface, really good support. Much less costly than prior service. They made switching from prior service quite easy. They can do pay by pay worker’s compensation.

Cons

I don’t always run my payroll on the same schedule and am always resetting things. Would like more ability to customize the reports.

Joan, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

SurePayroll is Not Bad

It was okay but I did not stay with them for long.

Pros

I liked that it was easy to use. The price was nice, too. They are part of PayChex which is a much bigger company and cost a lot more to use.

Cons

You have to pay for things that I think should be included. A clock in and out is extra. Reports are extra, etc.

Have been trying to cancel for 6 months

They are associated with RunPayRoll.com, this is just an 'updated' version, same login. Anyways, my business closed its doors at the end of 2021, in January I started trying to get my W-2s out and was unable to login to the site. I kept getting a security error come up and ask me to verify via text or call.. No worries. But they never came in, I tried multiple times. I called their support, waited...

Pros

When in business, it was easy to login and approve payroll

Cons

Their customer support is the worse I've ever encountered.

Best payroll service at an affordable price

We have a very small dental office (5 employees) and I run the whole business aspect, so I needed a simple, easy to use solution for payroll. We had used ADP and Paychex for years and it worked. But when I moved to Surepayroll just to save money I didn't realize how easy payroll really could be. I love their online interface. Doing payroll takes me no time at all. The W2 reporting has been excellent as well.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I seldom if ever need any technical assistance, but when I have it was easy and the person helping me was extremely knowledgeable.

Cons

My employees have complained that accessing their account online has been difficult. We find that it doesn't work well on a smartphone and it must be accessed via a desktop or laptop computer. This needs to be addressed because many of my employees no longer have a computer at home. They rely soley on their phone or tablet for their computer needs.

Wendy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. Thanks again for your kind words.

Not Fancy but very dependable

Surepayroll has amazing customer support. You don't have a dedicated specialist, but no matter who you get it's great. In over 5 years I have used Surepayroll I have never had an issue with my federal or state filings. Payroll is easy to run and check for errors. After previous experience with Quickbooks and recently with Paycor, Surepayroll is definitely the superior product as far as running payrolls and staying compliant with the IRS goes.

Pros

Ease of use Intuitive interface Dependability Customer service

Cons

No reminders for reviews Birthday reminders are spotty No self onboarding

Angela, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Excellent product - insanely easy to use - however be cautious when you initiate the initial set-up

All-in-all I strongly recommend utilizing Sure Payroll, but until they fix their onboarding integrity issues, I would recommend only starting at the end of a quarter or at year end - but overall I am super happy I made the switch even with the implementation mistakes. Their product and customer service is exceptional.

Pros

This software is inherently easy to use and understand. The monthly fee's are very low. The customer service is exceptional. Once you get it set-up properly it works seamlessly and flawlessly.

Cons

Here is the caveat - if it isn't set up correctly by the person (your sales person) at initiation you will have a huge headache accessing numbers from your prior system and adding them to the new Sure Payroll software - thereby creating unnecessary headaches and hassle for you. My sales person dropped the ball twice on taking my mid-year numbers from my legacy software and inputting it at initiation...

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

SurePayroll Works for me!

They could do a better job of answering phone calls. I have been placed on hold a few times - and held longer than convenient, but once the tech support person came on the line, we resolved all issues.

Pros

Management and Payment of Employment Taxes and 1099s

Cons

Eric, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

You wanted feedback so here it is

Overall, I like SurePayroll but I'm not as big a fan as I once was and not sure the people that do the setup are as knowledgeable as other PR sales staff are.

Pros

For a small business without many benefits to manage, it is a good choice and a cost effective one.

Cons

All things are not intuitive or easily explained. I've worked with Paychex (your mothership) and ADP for many years, the latter being my least favorite, Paychex being the best. But some of your changes are clunky and if you aren't used to the software you may go down the wrong road only to have all the info deleted. Example, you enter payroll and then realize you need to change something (client...

LaVergne, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

SurePayroll for Sure

We enjoy using sure payroll for our payroll needs in our small business.

Pros

Surepayroll has the option to automatically send your employees an email when they have been paid. Submitting payroll with SurePayroll is also very self explanatory.

Cons

In the email sent to employees upon payment, there is no link to a paystub or anything of the sorts.

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Healing Hearts Review

Since Sure Payroll pays and files all employee taxes for local governments we were made aware of a situation in another state where the employee should have been paying county AND city taxes that we were not aware of before. By using Sure Payroll and them filing on our behalf saved us hundreds of dollars in penalties and late fees.

Pros

I really like the reminder emails so that I don't forget to enter the information necessary for the payroll to be processed. I also really like that they take care of the necessary filings for all employee withholdings and tax payments. The software is very easy to use and if I have any questions, their customer service is very helpful and willing to assist with any issues that arise. I was not a part of implementing the change of our payroll to the Sure Payroll software so I can't personally speak into the ease of integration. I am not aware of any problems during the switch to the new payroll system.

Cons

I am not able to print the summary reports from the printer icon. It forces me to download the report and then print it. It seems odd to have a feature that doesn't work. I'm not sure if it isn't compatible with my printer or why it doesn't do anything when I click the printer icon.

Letitia, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

SurePayroll - Best Option for Small Businesses

SurePayroll is amazing for my small business. It enables us to focus on the work we do, not the administrative task of doing payroll. We do not have an HR dedicated person so being efficient is #1 priority.

Pros

This software has enabled us to free of so much time. We used to do payroll manually and it would take 4-6 hrs. Now, we get it done in a matter of minutes. That alone makes it worth the money!

Cons

Overall, I don't have many cons. There was a bit of a roughness in the beginning but it has all been smooth sailing since.

Melinda, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

SurePayroll Review

I have realized that payroll can be far cheaper than I initially thought without going with a company who has no backing from a larger institution. Other than this, Paychex acquainted me with most aspects of payroll prior to signing up.

Pros

I liked the price point for my sole proprietor small business without losing the connection to Paychex. It was far less expensive than SurePayroll while being in the SurePayroll family. The customer support and user experience were both excellent and made it easy to handle payroll. They also assisted with compliance needs which was expert and helpful

Cons

First there is a bug in the software for remembering a specific computer re: two factor authentication. However, the larger issue is the inability for PayChex to get on board with recommending or at least not badmouthing the product. I was approached numerous times to try and poach me back from SurePayroll and I was told SurePayroll would not be a solution that would help me when I closed my account with Paychex. That was truly disheartening but didnt stop my move due to the price point. That said, I felt that I had my money stolen from me by Paychex for not routing me to SurePayroll as SurePayroll covered my needs far more appropriately than Paychex.

George, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are sorry that you had to jump through those unnecessary hoops. Thanks again for your kind words.

Better of the worse - No customer service

I was with Gusto for one month, and came right back because as the title of my review is "Worse of the worsts."

Pros

SurePayroll has been around for a long time. I used to run payroll for my company with over thirty employee, back in 2004. The portal had always been user friendly and full of features I needed like multi-state filing etc. Now, I use the portal to conduct payroll for just myself.

Cons

SurePayroll has been charging me $55 per month for payroll. Their website (SurePayroll.com/pricing) clearly states $29.99 per month + $5 per employee. Since I use QuickBooks integration, that is additional $4.99, which should bring my bill to $40 per month. I have been unable to get this issue corrected. The support emails go to this black hole with no tracking, as there is no Inbox built into...

Ashish, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at feedback@surepayroll.com or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Payroll Software

I love the fact that if someone loses their W2 for taxes or needs copies of their W2s or paystubs it's literally at their fingertips. There's no waiting to hear back from an accountant. As long as you have your user name and password, you're good to go.

Pros

I like the fact that everything is done online and there's really no need for phone communication unless there's a problem. I get it done fast, and all tax info is right at my fingertips and there's no waiting for your accountant to get back to you on that information.

Cons

I honestly feel that there is no improvement needed. I know no one is perfect, but this company truly knows what they are doing. Their software is so easy to use and very convenient. This can be done anywhere!

Lisa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Definitely recommend SurePayroll

Pros

We chose SurePayroll because we opened a second location in another state and the service we were using at that time could not handle multiple states. SurePayroll is easy to use, efficient, handles employees in multiple states, has great customer service, and is cost effective. It was also easy to set up when changing from another company. On those few occasions I had a question, SurePayroll was easy to contact and quickly resolved my questions. I've used both telephone support and live chat, and both were great. I would definitely recommend SurePayroll!

Cons

No cons. We've been using the software for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with both the software and the customer service.

Cherie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

SurePayroll is a good payroll company to use but it is very outdated

My overall experience is good. Their customer support is good. I've never had any issues with their customer service.

Pros

If you want a basic payroll system then SP will do the job. The software is fairly easy to use. I've been using SP for 18 years and for the most part, it works well. I love having access to any reports I need almost instantly.

Cons

My biggest gripe with SP is it hasn't kept up with the times. It's the same software that I've been using for the last 18 years which means it doesn't have many bells and whistles. It doesn't integrate any time records...I have to use a separate service to keep track of time. It doesn't work well on a smartphone or tablet. You can't give more than one person access to the system (no bookkeeper and CPA...just one) You have to verify through text every time you try and log in. Any time you change employee info you have to reset your payroll info and start all over again. You can't have too many line items on the paystub. You can't change the names of some on-the-line items.

Tony, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Makes Payroll stress free and so easy!

Overall very happy, easy to run payroll and keep going with business. I have only utilized the payroll features with SurePayroll, none of the extra benefits.

Pros

This is easy to use whether it is online or in the app. It takes me minutes to run payroll at most! User friendly, great support if I have questions, and easy for my employees to use.

Cons

The auto populated dates are some how out of sync, and although it is very easy for me to go in and change the dates, they are never correct right from the start. I use this for my nanny and same thing happened there and I had to call and it was a little bit of a run around until I got someone to help me "reset" them so they were right but I have no idea all the steps they had me do to reset them so I have to call for my business to figure this out, I just haven't done it. I am sure it is my user error some how but that has been the only minor complaint.

Andrea, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Best Payroll Company Around

I have used other payroll services and can say honestly SurePayroll is the best I've ever used. They have an easy system and their customer service is the best I've ever worked with.

Pros

It's easy to use once you are set up. Customer service is always quick to help and ALWAYS friendly. I can always easily find any reports I may need easily and it is so user friendly.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any issues with the software. I only had some issues when getting signed up.

Leslie, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you love your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Easy, Peasy with SurePayroll

My experience has been great, and when I've needed customer service they have been helpful. However, recently I had to get Cust. Ser to fix something regarding payment of a tax that is no longer a valid tax in the state. I believe that I sent whatever notification I received about our payroll taxes to them. I was not aware of this, but our CPA pointed it out while they were doing the monthly books....

Pros

Set up was extremely easy. Sure Payroll did every thing for me, practically. Using the software every other week is simple and when I want to add something, it is relatively easy to do. I highly recommend it and it is a very good value.

Cons

Some of the terminology is a bit confusing, but I have no real complaints.

David, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience with SurePayroll didn't meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to feedback@surepayroll.com with any further comments, concerns or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us a chance.

Value

Overall great product. I highly reccoend this platform.

Pros

Great value for the cost. Excellent customer service.

Cons

Reports can not be customized and there are limited standard reports.

Tina, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Easy to Use and Great Client Support

I've been extremely happy with SurePayroll. Taxes are easily done for me and my accountant has also been pleased.

Pros

I love that I can pick up the phone and be walked through the process. Instead of doing it for me, they teach me the "how to's" Always so professional and helpful

Cons

There really aren't any cons I have experienced in the short time I've been a customer. It's been too easy, so far.

Jennifer, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience with SurePayroll. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Great Decision!!!

We were still writing checks two years ago. Don’t know why we waited so long for this!

Pros

After contacting many different companies we chose SurePayroll and we are so glad we did. They send out emails to remind you to enter payroll every week. Payroll is on default and so easy to enter or make changes. They even have an app to do payroll, however we have never used it so I can’t comment on that part.

Cons

They have a glitch in the system that has to do with separating direct deposits for one person into two checking accounts. It shows up on one of our employees that we need to write a check for .01 cents. I have spoken to them about it but they have never been able to fix the problem.

Keith, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.

Save Your Time, Energy and Money and find something else!

I signed up with RM, who is a nice guy btw. I wanted to get set up with their payroll system and also use a time keeping product. I explained what I was looking for in a time keeping product and they referred me to their time keeping system because it could do things like have 3rd party managers approve time. I was told that by the rep, manager and then discovered a week later that I couldn't do it...

Pros

At first it was easy to use. But that only lasted a day. Everything on the back end of their software is crap. Bad connections. Different teams don't communicate to each other. It's a sad case. They should either try to fix it or give up in the industry. I definitely do not recommend them.

Cons

Whoever runs this company needs to re-examine EVERYTHING. From your front line reps, to your managers, to your operations, to you Customer Service Team to your engineers or IT staff that develop and maintain your SaaS product. I don't know how a company like Paychex can by SurePayroll and not make it better than what it is. People are nice but pretty much clueless and not helpful.

Michael, we are sorry that your experience with SurePayroll didn't quite meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please contact us at feedback@surepayroll.com or call our support team at 877-956-7873 so we can gather some additional information. We'll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Thank you.

Excellent Customer Service

Overall, this program provides a great experience and the customer service is top notch. I almost never have to wait on hold to talk to someone. I would highly recommend to other users.

Pros

I recently needed to update our banking information just before payroll was due. I was unaware that we needed a bank letter, however, once the letter was submitted the new bank information was uploaded and approved within an hour - and we still made the deadline for payroll cutoff. I like the reporting function as well as the categories of active, inactive and terminated employees.

Cons

In the instance of printing multiple weeks paystub for 1 employee, you have to go back to the reports for each week ending, choose the employee, choose the weekending, generate paystub. I would like to see the option to chose multiple weeks for 1 employee and generate all at once.