Chronicle Logo

Chronicle Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend9.2/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Chronicle then sent me a project proposal and quote and I was so excited that not only does the Chronicle team do most of the work the price was very very affordable.
Very happy with overall experience and the staff where very helpful and patience.
However, many of our dates only have the 'year' of birth and or death.
Not sure as I never had any experience using any software similar.
How would you rate Chronicle?

Ouyen Cemetery

I had been on the look out for some software to digitise the Ouyen Cemetery records, when I stumbled upon Chronicle it looked like everything I had been wanting so I wondered how a little country Cemetery could ever afford to get something like this. I contacted Chronicle and we arranged a Zoom meeting to see the software, and discuss what we really needed. Chronicle then sent me a project proposal...

Pros

This software does everything we need and more. It is called Simple Cemetery Software for a reason and it really is simple to use, no training required. This software can stay simple with a small amount of information but it can become a single information mangement system, holding all our documentation both public and private making and managing our Cemetery records accessible, quick and portable and that is our goal over the next six months.

Cons

There are no Cons at this early stage, we have only just gone online with basic inormation for the public and we are working on adding information and images for the public and also our ROI information and other paperwork into the back end to eventually becoming our single information management system.

Hello Dianne, Thank you for your feedback. It's very lovely to see those 5 stars. We will try to keep it up! Yes, we do most of the work of digitising project, we can also adjust the services that we offer according to your needs with very affordable pricing as our main goal is to help cemeteries serving the community and the preserving the history. That's why we cater all kind and all size of cemeteries. Let us know when you need our assistance. Cheers,

St Vincent de Paul

Working with the team at Chronicle has been a very positive experience. They are very professional and friendly. I look forward to our continued relationship as they grow and innovate.

Pros

The ease of working with Chronicle is extremely beneficial. We are able to assign new managers to make edits or add information without significant training. The price point of the software makes it an attractive option for our cemetery of 6,000 plots. I highly recommend considering Chronicle.

Cons

There are some glitches in the software that the Chronicle team is quick to resolve. Such as the searches not working quickly. There is not much to dislike about this product.

Hi Matthew, thank you very much for your kind review. It's our pleasure to be working with you and your team in digitizing St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Parish cemetery. We hope to always improve our product and services to get 5 stars, so we will continue to give our best. Best regards,

Helped us modernize our cemetery records

Overall, this has been a positive experience.

Pros

Having an actual aerial view plotted out. Being able to include photos etc.

Cons

The process of transferring over all of the information but honestly not show how it could be improved either.

Hi Julie, Thank you for your feedback. It's been a pleasure working together with you and your team. We're glad that it's been a positive experience. We're sorry that you're not satisfied with the process of transferring information. We want to make sure that we heard you and our team is working hard to improve. If you have a specific request on how we can help you, please feel free to reach out to us. We would love to get 5 stars, so will be in touch with you on how we can improve our product and services. Regards, Chronicle team

Just what we were looking for

They are a great partner and worth every penny.

Pros

We were very discouraged with a local surveyor who told and there was nothing in the industry that would allow us to have a digital survey of our small cemetery. We only maintain the cemetery and have no remaining sites available for new interests, and we also have a lot of history associated with the current sites. I did some research and found several, and Chronical was the only one to personally...

Cons

This was more on our side, as our town has a lot of tree cover, and the company was not in town to walk the cemetery with us and had to overlay our map and you do not see the amazing trees that are in and around. But we still Love the end product..

Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your review. We're happy to see all those 5 stars and will try our best to keep it. We always have the community as our focus and we're glad we could help preserving the history through this digitisation of your cemetery. We also try to accommodate all kinds and size of cemetery and we're happy to be able to help you solve problems and make things easier.

Chronicles took the nightmare out of cemetery management.

Pros

Helping with restoring order to our records and mapping was the most important thing I was looking for and Chronicles rip is able to do this. When I began, we had n no system in place and I had never done anything like this before. I had no idea what to do. I am thankful that I looked for help and that I found Chrnicles.There real

Cons

I did not know enough about any software or computer entry to be very competent at this but the support is quick to help. It has taken me 8 months to understand how easy they have made this job. I was the only "con" in using this software.

Hi Julie, Thank you so much for your review. It's really meaningful to us to see our work reflected in the 5 stars review from our customer, and we will try our best to keep it. Let us know if you have questions or need more assistance. We're ready to take more nightmares out of cemetery management! Have a good day,

Digitised mapping of the Broadford Cemetery

Mainly the secure storage of documentation, and accurate mapping of the Cemetery interments.

Pros

As a small cemetery with a variation of records, it has been difficult for both parties to migrate all the data accurately. With cooperation from Chronicle our volunteer Trust members are gradually working through the data entries, negotiating better methods of entry and presentation, and looking forward to having a very useful program.

Cons

Initial integration of data was difficult, more due to our presentation of information. The date system is limited, as it will only publish full dates, ie, day:month:year. However, many of our dates only have the 'year' of birth and or death. Mapping of vertical Niche walls needs needs a better design, this is a work in progress.

Small cemetery organization

Easier to locate graves, ability to highlight available grave sites.

Pros

Ease of use, accuracy of maps, ability to update and correct information.

Cons

Our existing business processes were old manual records. We still need to integrate that information into the software.

Hi Christopher, Thank you for your kind feedback. It's been our pleasure working together with you and your team. We're happy to see the 5 stars. They mean a lot to us and we're going to do our best to keep it. What you wrote in the "Cons" is very common in cemetery management, and that's why we're here, so let us know if you need help regarding the integration with your old manual records. Sincerely, Chronicle team

Chronicle Software

Excellent

Pros

Organization of the information in a format that is readily assessible and readable.

Cons

A screen capture of the map showing the plot numbers that can be printed out.

Hi Kenton, Thank you very much for your review. It's been a pleasure working with you and your team. We're happy to see those 5 stars and we hope we can continue to improve our service and product. For your Cons regarding the screen capture function, it is actually already possible in Chronicle. After selecting any plot or interment, on the left panel you can click "PDF Report" to create a printable map identifying the location and listing the interments. Our team will reach out to you personally to help you with it. If you needs other assistance, feel free to let us know. Have a good day,

New user for small 125 year old county cemetery district.

This is our first forray beyond paper charts and index cards. After providing the requested documents to Chronicle, a very useable product was delivered. I was frankly surprised that a program with such detail of existing features could be provided.

Pros

While still climbing the learning curve with occasional use, the program is already showing itself useful in sales and management.

Cons

Would have liked a more formalized user's manual rather than a FAQ approach to learning how to use the program.

Hi Andy, Thank you for your feedback. It's been a pleasure working together with you and your team. Regarding the user's manual, yes we are aware and we're preparing a better and comprehensive learning resources. Meanwhile, we make sure that our team is ready to help you and we build our software and features very user-friendly and easy-to-use. We would love to get 5 stars, so will be in touch with you on how we can improve our product and services. Regards,

Cemetery Update

Techs are very helpful. They listen to what I want and need. They are patient with all the decisions that I have to take back to the church board. They give helpful suggestions.

Pros

We are new to this kind of software. When I began my search for this kind of product, I liked that this company would work with a small old cemetery. I have had very helpful and patient people help me through the process of setting up a program for our church.

Cons

Since I am a new client, I am still learning. So far so good.

Hi Teresa, thank you very much for your review. It's been our pleasure working together with you and your team in ditigizing the St. John's Lutheran Church Cemetery. While our software and services are suitable for any size of cemetery, we always try to give our best to all of our clients, no matter the size. We hope to get 5 stars, so kindly let us know how we can improve to serve you better. Hopefully, as you get more experience with us, we can achieve that. Best regards,

Carlsruhe Cemetery Trust was the first Cemetery to use Chronicle

Easy to use, very daunting for novice in using a computer novice

Pros

Carlsruhe Cemetery Trust was the first Cemetery to use Chronicle. As Secretary, I was given the task of putting all our information into Chronicle, which I found very daunting as I am a novice in using a computer. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] understood this and not only spent one on one time with me, but was always available to support me. Once I had put in a number of client records I found the app easy to use and correct when I made mistakes.

Cons

There is now no problem with using the site and I would recommend Chronicle to any other Cemetery Trust thinking of using it.

Hello Margaret, Thank you for your feedback. It's very lovely to see those 5 stars. We will try to keep it up! We understand our customers need an easy-to-use software and we try to accommodate it with our developments. We also provide a knowledge base and training to our customers. Let us know when you need our assistance. Cheers,

Review of Beechworth Cemetery Trust Chronicle

Overall, we are happy with Chronicle. It makes searching for information much easier. While Chronicle is not yet on our website, the link has been sent to many people contacting the cemetery who are looking for deceased relatives.

Pros

The ability to upload historical stories which are also accessible to the public. Ease of access, easy to do searches, easy to add information Also technical support.

Cons

Our cemetery is very old and there is some inaccuracy in the Chronicle maps, lining up with the old map. We are not sure how the new information, like roads and new headstones in expansion of the cemetery, are added to the drone map. ie how the map is updated. There is sometimes inconsistency in data uploaded eg some dates of birth are in the american format which makes them incorrect

Great Product

None so far

Pros

I did a lot of research before selection Chronicle. The features, value, and the great personal attention were what sold me. The software has taken us from poorly maintained paper records to the digital age. The best thing is the visual aspect, being able to see our cemetery, and have all the lots color coded, so that we can see at a glance what is occupied or vacant. The search feature is great, it take you right to the grave!

Cons

There are several steps to load new information, but after using a few times, it goes pretty fast.

Hello Howard, Thank you for your feedback. It's very lovely to see those 5 stars. We will try to keep it up! We received many compliments about our visual map and customer service and we take pride in it. Let us know when you need our assistance. Cheers, Chronicle Team

Best Cemetery Software I've Used

Very easy to use! It really helps people to organize cemetery's administrators and make us easy to find the love one only just by typing name, or other details on the software.

Pros

Chronicle offers many features to us to manage cemetery with an ease.

Cons

I don't find negative thing yet about this software.

Lang Lang Cemetery Trust.

Very happy with overall experience and the staff where very helpful and patience .

Pros

Didn’t need much training and i found it easy to use .

Cons

Not sure as I never had any experience using any software similar.