FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.36/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Other management apps can be used alongside this program for even better results. Another great feature is the affordability to utilize this application which is important for smaller businesses.
Overall I am very satisfied with the product and it’s usefulness for routine services. I wish payment was integrated and the ability to work with wintac for database history for our company.
The archived invoices and the calendar are frustrating at times. You have to click back on the calendar.
The lack of integration with coolfront agreements.
The difficulty of finding customer history and the limited amount of customized pricing that can be added.

FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile users...

Invoice Simple-logocaret
listing-logo

Invoice Simple

How would you rate FieldEdge Flat Rate Mobile?

Past and present use

When I used the program years ago it thought the program was especially useful but we used it in a total different way. Using the voicemail system was what i was primarily using. At the new company we use Ring Central in a more administrative function and answering calls. the system has a lot of customization but I have yet to past the surface this time around at the new job.

Pros

I like that the software when used correctly can deliver a vast array of services and features. the Call forwarding and emailed voicemail alerts are also very helpful.

Cons

When you make any changes even trivial ones the system has been glitching and causing it to reboot.

Hi Stacie! We're glad that Coolfront Agreements has saved you time and you enjoy all of the features. Thanks so much for the great review :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Very easy to work with

Gives us the ability to be a more paperless company where the majority of our invoices get emailed verses printed and mailed out and as a result can get payment faster when customer is not home to make payment at time of service

Pros

That our techs have access to flat rate pricing and being it is web based have access on any tablet, laptop, desktop or phone if necessary

Cons

Invoices that are still open or pending drop off into archives. Would like to see the system only sense the paid invoices drop into archives automatically after the current time it does it and leave other not mark paid to be manually archived

Coolfront has allowed for more competitive pricing for our company. Instant updating is great.

Pros

Great pricing and updates! It allows us to stay competitive with pricing with the updating flat rate. I like that the program updates instantly. I can edit and update work orders while the technician has the work order assigned. I like that I don't have to wait on techs to send work orders back to be able to change them. The techs prefer this software to the previous one we used. The invoicing straight out of Coolfront feature is great and saves time. I like that there is a place for technicians to get signatures from customers for approval for work.

Cons

NO DISPATCH BOARD. Currently I have to utilize another software to see the layout of the daily schedule. It would make my job as dispatcher much easer if Coolfront had a dispatch board. There is no way to build your customer data base besides building new work orders. An area for techs to put in equipment would be wonderful. It would allow our techs to enter equipment info to build more customer history, and to allow us to know what each customer has at their home or business. Finally, having an area where technicians can log their times would be super helpful. For example: Dispatch, Arrival, & Departed times.

Life changing software for your HVAC business!Get this now!Having the history available is awesome!

Consistent pricing helps me and my customers know that if I send Tech A or Tech B out, the price will be the same because they are using the same flat rate book! Also, customer history and Quickbooks integration is the cats' meow! Highly recommend this software for any HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical Contractor out there as a zero cost way to get into the flat rate pricing model.

Pros

Integrates with Quickbooks easily. Keeps a history (Glance Back) of previous service calls for the customer that is super easy to review. Updates database frequently to keep abreast of changing commodity prices (refrigerant, etc.). Zero cost to business to use. Hands down, the best choice for any HVAC business! Uses the same flat rate as Profit Strategies, but in an electronic, searchable form.

Cons

Using coolfront has been a good investment for my company.

Pros

Up front pricing for my customers. It allows me to set my margin without employees being involved with cost of materials and markup. It has increased my profitability since implementing this software.

Cons

I've had a few complaints about the pricing. In some instances it does seem to be too much. I've had several complaints about the length of the invoice numbers. I've also received two complaints from a property management company; first the work order number stays a work order number on the ticket and does not change to an invoice number. This requires the staff to print the invoice and then write the work order number under the writing "Invoice" in order to process the invoice.a the second issue is they want me to email the invoice directly to the company that processes their AP, but the require the invoices in a PDF format. Can anything be done on these issues?

Coolfront functionality review

Overall good experience - has allowed us to access customer history way easier than in the past.

Pros

Easy to understand, good product support, integrates well with quickbooks

Cons

IMO, the main screen layout & menu setup needs to be completely reworked - A side or top/bottom menu bar would be a much better layout & would speed up use by not having to constantly go to the home button & waiting for a menu to select from

Hi Mike! Thanks for the feedback. We love hearing how we can make Coolfront easier to you. I will pass you design comments onto our development team. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Coolfront review

Coolfront has allowed us to go paperless with our work orders and process the work orders directly into Quickbooks which saves time as we do not have to doudle enter.

Pros

Coolfront is fairly user friendly and offers multiple applications that work with our Quickbooks program.

Cons

The parts data base is hard to navigate and it is often hard to find the part or service you are looking for.

Hey Victoria! Thanks for the review. We are always looking for ways to improve our parts and repairs search engine. Thanks for the feedback. Glad our QB integration has saved you some time with no dual entry :) Kate @ Coolfront

Great software that makes payments easy.

Pros

My favorite feature is that it makes payments easy. With Coolfront Payments, your technicians can run the customer's debit and credit cards from the coolfront mobile app in the field, no longer needing to bill the customer after the incident and pursue payments for months. Prices are competitive, funds are available the next day, and your customers will love you for making the payment so easy and hassle-free.

Cons

There are no parts I don't like. I use this software fondly.

Super user friendly

Easy to use, and the work order immediately shows up on the techs device, eliminating the need for the tech to drive all the way back to our office to gets their next work order

Pros

It is super user friendly & easy to use. I love that it can be used on a computer, cell phone or tablet and there is no subscription. You only pay for what you use.

Cons

I wish it would show the price of repairs before you select it..... sometimes our techs aren't sure which repair to pick until they see what the charge will be & then they have to go in and delete it if its way out there.

The program runs well. Our cost per repair clicked is High. Repair database has too many options!

Ease of service billing.

Pros

Convenience of quoting repairs to homeowners is very nice. Having the ability to report to customer the cost of repairs on the spot is a nice feature.

Cons

Far too many repair options for very similar repairs. Repairs database is not fully customizable to company usage to limit search times but does offer features for company and tech favorites for regularly used repairs.

Thank you for your comments in your review. Since that time our parts search database has been upgraded to a new version. We hope that you are enjoying more ease in repair options.

Very Easy!

We have really liked using coolfront. I have really liked that it links well to Quick Books and is so user friendly. It works well with our business structure.

Pros

We love that it is super easy to use! My office staff and technicians are able to easily add calls and notes quickly!

Cons

I would like to see some more payment options that are able to use a card reader instead of typing the numbers in since the fees are higher.

Hi Kristin! I hope you are enjoying Coolfront Payments so far. We will roll out the card swiper/dipper this Summer so stay tuned! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Super easy to use. Saves Time and Money.

Coolfront is wonderful for the small business owner. They have great pricing and fantastic customer support. I recommend them to everyone and anyone with a small service business.

Pros

The software has great flat rate pricing, it is super easy to look up parts and even do custom repairs. It syncs with Quickbooks and even works offline!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that on android they don't have an official Google store app. Definitely not a big deal but something they should consider.

Hi Max! Thanks so much for your wonderful review and feedback :) Did you know that you can add the app as an icon to your Android's home screen so that you can easily access it that way? If not, chat with us on coolfront.com and we will get you set up ASAP! -Kate @ Coolfront

It could be better.

Pros

Easy to dispatch techs. Customer approval works great for pricing approval. Glance back is great for techs.

Cons

Parts finding is hard for techs to find exact parts. Not all makes are in the parts system . To easy to make 2 separate customer files and then glance back doesn't help the techs. I wish I could link more then 1 tech to a work order. I would like to be able to put sales tax and residential hourly rate as default instead of always having to change it. I wish equipment listing was part of the customer information.

Coolfront has changed the way we perform service call for the better and with ease.

Pros

When looking at flat rate books vs coolfront's mobile software, it was clear coolfront was the way to go. The database is always updating with market fluctuations and with the ability to add custom items it is a great fit for us.

Cons

The new search engine is pretty rough and seems to be lacking compared to the previous version. The ability to add a custom discount to a ticket without having to add it to the whole system first would be great. And the ability to change the order of items on the ticket would be fantastic.

The Coolfront App AND Crew is, by far, the Very Best, Top Notch and Awesome I have ever experienced

This company and it's products and services have made my life easier and my business WAY MORE PROFITABLE!!

Pros

The software is extremely thorough in all aspects! They are constantly adding more and more cool stuff to the app. Their Crew has by far THE BEST Customer Service that I have ever experienced, very knowledgeable, very experienced, very helpful. If you are not using this App, then you are going backwards in time every day that you are in business! This App and this Company (Coolfront) is absolutely the best by far.

Very helpful

Because of real time pricing, it has taken the guesswork out of billing, we really enjoy having this and it has improved our business.

Pros

This software is good at taking out the guesswork on pricing jobs, parts, and labor rates. Very professional looking to customers and easy to generate bills and email them.

Cons

Sometimes hard to find a part or job description when looking up stuff. Doesn't always transfer payment information properly to Quick Books.

Greg - thanks for the awesome review. We appreciate your support! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

The new features are terrible! Go back!!!

No more carrying around huge price books! Customers love the fact they can see what all customers pay and know they are being treated fairly.

Pros

The program itself is awesome! Before the new update I could make and complete a ticket in minutes ease of use and teach ability to new techs was outstanding. Go back to before the new update!

Cons

The new search option is terrible. It deletes everything I type into it because it's trying to "guess" what I'm looking for!And makes finding parts so much harder!. Just slows the system down and becomes a pain.

Coolfront is user friendly

Higher service sales and collections have improved.

Pros

User friendly, integrates with QuickBooks and Google calendar, simple and effective, incorporates the cost of the work order in the price of the job.

Cons

Sometimes duplicates customers already in QuickBooks. Other than that, we are doing quite well with Coolfront

Pricing at a Fingertip

Very happy, turns out we were not charging accordingly, now with Coolfront it’s an easy click of a button. I like the professionalism of the receipt and no paper plus the pictures aspect is great.

Pros

Knowing that I can give an instant price for anything we do in our industry. It’s easy, flat rate pricing.

Cons

What’s not to like. This is the easiest price book I have used. You can take pictures of model numbers and there stores to the cloud as well as that ticket.

We love this review, Justin!! You rock. Thanks for making our day. Stay cool! Kate @ Coolfront

I use Coolfront daily and it makes my job easier.

Overall a good program and handy for service technicians. So much easier to read than the hand writing of some of the technicians out there.

Pros

I like that my technicians can get glance backs of previous visits to customers homes. Also like that there is a spot that we can share information with our technician on the ticket that can't be seen by the customer.

Cons

I would like to be able to time stamp start and stop times of tickets as well as search past ticket by typing in a date rather than have to scroll through months and months.

So much better than Flat Rate Books!

Pros

I use coolfront on a daily basis and without it there would be a lot of lost jobs. We can quote water heater replacements and some repairs directly from the office. Our technicians use ipads on the site to run the program and collect payment - it is simple for them and gets payment quickly.

Cons

The new search feature is worse than the previous search feature. However the Coolfront team is constantly making changes, updates, and actually listening to customers in making improvements.

Ease of coolfront

I've been very satisfied and would recommend to anyone. Very easy to get started and understand

Pros

It's very helpful in price guide to my industry and area I service. The options to modify custom and favorite items is great

Cons

The only issue is when setting up certain price options and I need to discount certain things I'll have to go back to customize service call fee so it doesn't take discount off fee just part

WOW Harry! Thank you for your incredible review!! We really appreciate it! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Excellent Software

Coolfront has been a great improvement to our invoicing process. Having everything online is very helpful. The integration of credit card processing and the part cart are also great features for our business.

Pros

Software is very easy to use and implement. It streamlines our dispatching and invoicing systems.

Cons

The search feature sometimes does not produce the results that we are looking for. We would also like to have the option for more custom repairs.

So happy you love Coolfront Payments! Thanks for the feedback :)

Stan's Experiance

CoolFront is a way to economically get into electronic invoicing. since we have started with CoolFront they have added more repairs. They do a good job of listening to me to help keep cost up to date.

Pros

After investing electronic devices you have electronic invoices. as you build a customer base CoolFront will populate the invoice for you. This saves time and helps the techs get the right invoice information.

Cons

Every once and a while the program will do something goofy.

Coolfront review

Less work for our accounts receivable and increased profits from higher rates and markups with less debate and scrutiny by the customer

Pros

The ability to search flat rate pricing or make your own custom repair that appears as a flat rate standard.

Cons

The finished work order does not display the signature of the of approval on the main screen.

Hi Dan! Wow - 5 stars!! You just made our day :) Thanks so much for sharing your Coolfront wins of less work on your admin and increased profits. Stay Cool!! Kate @ Coolfront