Covetrus Pulse Logo
Covetrus Pulse

Introducing the industry’s first veterinary operating system

visit website

Covetrus Pulse Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.62/10

Reviews by rating

We were very impressed with the reporting features, the ease of keeping patient records, and the ease of learning how to use the software. Having gone from no practice software to eVet was seamless.
The customer service and trainers have been awesome. We are very happy with software.
We have had a lot of issues with the printing, the dymo label printer would just stop working for no reason and the printers would not work from time to time and we had to trouble shoot them a lot.
The accounting is horrible. It is near unusable to reconcile your daily charges.

SP

STEPHANIE P.

Practice manager

User friendly

Transcript

Stephanie P.: Hi, this is Stephanie. I work with eVetPractice. I'm a practice manager. I give it five...

MS

Michael S.

Owner

Pleased with eVetPractice

Transcript

Speaker 1: My name is Michael, and I'm the owner of our veterinary hospital. I give eVetPractice four...

AL

Andrea L.

EVet is a Godsend

So happy to have joined the eVet Users team, we're discovering new things everyday to make us more efficient and to provide the best patient care.

Pros

The customization of eVet is what drove me to the product, the price tag sealed the deal. Being able to access the software, anywhere, instead of being chained to our antiquated server is glorious and the support team has been nothing short of gracious and helpful.

Cons

No hot keys or text expander....we miss those things the most. Reporting is cumbersome and awkward.

So happy you're having a great experience with eVetPractice. Thanks for leaving a review!

SH

Shonna H.

eVet/Cornerstone Software

We love the fact that some of our staff can work from home, catching up on medical records, making phone calls, work within the system, etc....

Pros

We love the fact that eVet is cloud base and has a chat button. We do not have to spend a lot of time on the phone trying to get help with certain issues/situations.

Cons

Improvements: REPORTS (detail information). This is the one that thing that drives me crazy about eVet. You can not get detailed information for the clinic without spending A LOT of time trying to piece reports together. It would be nice if eVet could produce a monthly dashboard report like Cornerstone use to do for us. I feel like the report department lacks a lot of attention. It is so frustrating...

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Did a veterinary hospital even test this first before launching??

E-Vet has the potential to be good but they should have (if they did it doesn't show) had veterinary hospitals test the program. Every person I know who's used it has been unhappy and would rather have Cornerstone or Avimark. It has so much wrong and so many things that should be changed to make working more efficient but it acts as a set back instead. The help desk via chat is sometimes helpful but usually they'll just say "Do you want to be added to our list for when we update/remove that feature" and have not once ever seen an modifications. It's not user friendly and beneficial for veterinary hospitals.

Pros

For the most part e-Vet is easy to use. It's very self explanatory in most aspects and can easily be customized (to an extent) for your practice.

Cons

LOTS of flaws. -You cannot search by phone number, the feature does not work properly -You can quick add a client, but cannot quick add a patient to an existing client -When using the quick add feature, it does NOT flag if a client is already in the system & it will duplicate -You cannot work with more than one tab open or it will cross add/delete the info on the next tab of the patient/client you're...

Thank you for your thorough review. I have shared your concerns with our product management team.

AP

Amy P.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Review of EVET software for equine veterinary practice

Overall good. However I have been requesting changes for the last 3 years that have still not been addressed. There needs to be an autosave feature for the feee typing in the medical record- if the software loses connection (no offline option) I lose all my work. I don't know why this is so difficult to add. Better features for downloading images. Frustrated by small changes to the look of the platform when functionality for some important issues is still lacking - would rather see that developed

Pros

Great platform. Very easy to use and a lot of helpful features for medical records and client communication. Have tried others and this one is definitely the most user friendly in my opinion. Very comprehensive .

Cons

Not very user friendly on image capture, storage of images and word platform. My practice is advanced diagnostics and based on images and this has been difficult with the software. There is no way to work offline and there is no "auto save" feature so I have lost work many times when losing internet connection at a farm. Have requested changes but still nothing.

MU

Marie U.

Good Software that Continues to Improve

Overall, I have had a great experience with eVetPractice for a cloud based system and I look forward to seeing how they develop and what they add from here!

Pros

It is more user friendly that some other software options. The fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere was key for our purchasing decision. I like the fact that they continue to add features.

Cons

There are some features that are not available that I think should be common in veterinary software. When we ask about them, they add it to the features request list, but sometimes this takes a long time to get implemented. Example: ability to prevent some employees from making changes to the schedule. Hopefully will integrate with IDEXX xray systems soon! Would also like the ability to link multiple inventory items without making a package, and ability to zero out cost of linked inventory items.

PC

Phillip C.

Evet Addition To The Practice

Overall, the transition has been great. It has improved my room turnover time, accuracy of invoices, and integrates with my in-house lab machines. Users can me modified to only have certain access, which has been great for security and accountability. Really don't have any major complaints with the software. Aside from improving financial reporting features I would give the software a 4.5/5.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based. Eliminated a huge portion of my monthly IT bill. Customer support is great and very knowledgeable. Cost per month for the software is very reasonable. It was easy to learn and my whole staff was competent on the platform within days.

Cons

The reporting features could use some tweaking. Some things can be very nuanced and the financial reports could do with some additions and upgrades. Things have been tough for my bookkeeper and I don't have a great avenue in order to iron out these issues. Customer support is great on daily Evet use and issues but reporting needs its own department of support.

EA

Eric A.

My Titled Review for eVetPractice

Since making the switch from IntraVet to eVetPractice, things are fine. All of the porting over of records from old system to new was handled very well by them. The fact that we can choose to access it from anywhere (including my cell phone on days when the power has gone out) is great. The tech support is great, even though they often can't "cure" the specific issue. But they are honest about it, and always pleasant. There will always be some things that this system does better AND worse than that system, but overall, we are better off for having switched to them.

Pros

-cloud-based (or internet-based, whatever the correct term is) -very timely tech support -barrier-to-entry training is moderate; doesn't take long to figure out -many customizable display options

Cons

-when tech support is open, they're great, but since we are on the West Coast and they are not, they close earlier than would be ideal -the client payment history screen is a MESS (if someone doesn't make a full payment one time, it visually carries over and repeats that not-fully-paid invoice over and over, and makes it a big chore to figure out payment issues) -reports are less intuitive and less customizable than former software (Intravet and Cornerstone, to name two) -sometimes, you can see the disconnect between the developers and users with certain options

HG

Holly G.

eVet Practice Veterinary Review

Fairly easy to get a birds eye view of Patient medical history, current medications, vaccine/test/annual exam reminders.

Pros

Much more intuitive/user friendly than previous product. Of all CRMs I've used in my professional life, this one definitely ranks as one of the easiest to use.

Cons

There are a few features that I've requested specifically around emailing clients , scheduling and app integration (e.g. Outlook for emails and Vitus Vet for chats - currently these are saved in a very odd spot). As far as emails with clients - still a lot to be desired here. Salesforce has great email integration - it would be nice if this were the case with eVet practice.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.

JS

Jeremy S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Excellent cloud-based software!

We were a start-up practice in 2015 and did many trials of various cloud-based softwares. I had previously used Cornerstone and can say I am so happy we picked eVetPractice. It really does everything we need. We just finished our 4th year open and eVet has grown with us and met all our needs.

Pros

I love being able to access our EMRs from anywhere. It allows me to work out of the office. It is also very intuitive to use and has many helpful integrations (QuickBooks, reference labs, etc)

Cons

I have few complaints about the software. It has less report options than other programs I have used like Cornerstone, but the ones available have been all I have needed.

Thank you, Dr. Shumaker! Happy to have you as a Raving Fan!

AF

Andrea F.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Overall one of the better cloud based softwares

Overall they were the best of the bunch when we signed up, and I still feel pretty confident that they are better than 90% of the market.

Pros

We really like the inventory features, plus the reminders are very much set it and forget it! We also like how customizable many things are. Customer support has overall been amazing.

Cons

Little quirks and glitches we find here and there (like linked inventory items). Load times on screens. Its not bad, but those 5 and 10 second waits really do add up! I wish there was an "on order" feature in inventory that would show a list of every item on all outstanding PO's.

SM

Stephanie M.

Definitely recommend eVetPractice

Overall I am happy with the software & definitely recommend it.

Pros

This software is quite easy to learn. New employees and relief staff are able to jump in quite quickly. Customer support has been good.

Cons

There is more "clicking" than I would like. For example, when I write a SOAP, I don't use the premade sections for the S, the O, the A & the P, I just write the whole SOAP in the S section & add a line of dashes inbetween the sections. Much faster this way. I have mentioned this weakness to eVetPractice several times & they acknowledge it & say they are working on it, but it hasn't been addressed in the 3 years I have been using it.

LK

Lynn K.

Riverton Veterinary Clinic Review

It has been a good experience. We want to create efficiencies for our staff and our clients. Because some staff turns over, such as reception, it has to be easy to learn.

Pros

It is very intuitive. Relatively easy to enter client and patient information. I like the customization of colors on the calendar. I like the recent changes to the top menu so it looks less cluttered. It is easy to find client or patient information from a management perspective. What I like most about the software is the availability and helpfulness of the customer support team

Cons

Reporting is really lacking. I should be able to run a custom report pulling whatever fields I want. It is cumbersome to remove client and patient alerts...sometimes have to clear the field multiple times. It is not intuitive to create new templates/documents

CF

Carol F.

Happy eVet user

Compared with our former software package, eVet gives us the advantage of all staff members having access. This improves work flow and teamwork :-)

Pros

eVet makes it easy for our remote staff members to all have access to patient charts. Training & support are excellent :-)

Cons

If we don't have an internet connection, we have to make notes and enter them later and we have to call our remote receptionist so that we can check clients out. Some features are "clunky", e.g. entering patient photos is a multi-step process.

KJ

Kitrina J.

Overall pleased

Overall I am glad I made the change from Cornerstone!

Pros

Paperless! Easy to toggle around! Very simple to send records to the ER Clinic or referral center! The packages are so helpful! The customer support could not be better and they are always trying to be more user friendly. Easy to log in from home or cell phone!!

Cons

It runs slow sometimes and on certain browsers, it can duplicate some items. When you try to delete an invoice item, sometimes it deletes two! It's getting better all the time!

LS

Lauren S.

Basic software

Overall I think it’s a great program to use, I don’t think it’s bad at all, there are definitely worse. You can teach anyone probably in a day or two. It’s very self explanatory. Coming from Cornerstone I picked it up in about a day, convenient to use.

Pros

What I like best is it’s easy to use and figure out. I had only used cornerstone before and it’s similar. I’ve only used AVImark for a few days, I find it harder that EVetPractice. I do enjoy some features, like how you can easily access the invoicing from more than one place, making notes are easy, editing is easy, and understanding the schedule/scheduling is VERY easy. Emailing medical records and estimates is a really cool feature. You can even save formats of what document you are sending.

Cons

Some of my issues, there aren’t as many features from what I’m used too. I find cornerstone has a lot of options of what you want. One thing I find irritating is no matter how long it’s been is you can edit notes or make changes. Whereas cornerstone you can “finalize” your notes so no one else can change it, but add on things you forget and it tells you when and who added something. Making estimates...

VW

Vaughn W.

Could not be more happy or satisfied after my first year with eVetPractice!

Pros

I'm a small animal House Call practice, but we also set up Express Wellness Clinics in the Birmingham, AL area doing low-cost vaccine clinics. In July of 2016, when I started to do my county wide Express Wellness Clinics, I was looking for a good, affordable, reliable, and cloud based software system. All achieved. I had used eVetPractice working with a local shelter the year before. For a single...

Cons

Hello Dr. Walker, Thank you for the wonderful words. Sincerely, eVetPractice Team

TT

Torrey T.

Excellent Software with one problem

Overall the experience has been very good with E-Vet. I would like to see the server issue / speed issue be improved. I could deal with slowness every once in a while, but having to contact them constantly about the issue is getting tiresome, especially when we have so little time in the day because of of increased business.

Pros

Software is straight forward and simple to use. The user interface is excellent and the features make it some of the best veterinary software I have used in 20+ years. Customer Support is available to help quickly.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have, which is a significant one, is that the E-Vet servers cause significant speed issues very often, at least a few times a week, sometimes everyday. These issues typically are at their worst right after E-Vet launches a monthly update release. It is something that seems to have become worse since this past November/ December 2020. When this issue occurs the software loads...

AB

Anne B.

Solid Software

Its easy to go eco friendly and streamlines communication with Clients. Takes a lot of programs and brings them all together

Pros

Transitioning to Evet software was relatively easy! Our team was able to easily and quickly catch on to how it works and the intricacies. Love the ability to add or subtract (activate and deactivate) settings and reports, it is very easy. Our technicians love the online anesthetic monitoring form. Finally all of us love that this system is accessible from anywhere. If our internet goes out, we love having the ability to remotely access the software.

Cons

Integration was not difficult, it was actually the opposite. What is difficult however, is how evet shuts down (slows down to the point of not functioning) during our office hours. When Evet does maintenance we are still open and cannot get our tasks done that need to be. Every Wednesday of every week there is some type of slowing down that happens with Evet. We are open till 8-9pm on Wednesdays and when it get closer to the end of our evening, evet slows to the point of not working anymore. The other con would be the inability to store Clients Credit Card numbers, it is high in demand. Printers and label makers are incompatible with Google Chrome - so we often have troubles.

JS

Jennifer S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Winner! Functionality! Ease of Use! Cost!

Can't even brag enough about EVetPractice for running a veterinary practice smoothly. The developers are top notch. Always available and responsive via their help chat box in the lower right corner. They make upgrades easily. The integrations, like VPR Cloud Formulary, Demand Force client communications, laboratory integration, email within the system- just cuts tasks down to a minimum. We use the...

Pros

Functionality, common sense approach, ease of use, employees find easy to train on using, cloud based accessibility, integrations from 3rd parties and of course- price!

Cons

Not two way integrations with all laboratories

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for the kind words! Eddie and eVetPractice Team

JG

Juliann G.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, tons of functionality!

Wonderful customer service, very responsive to programming requests, debuts new changes often.

Pros

cloud based so can access from anywhere, easy to find information for clients and patients (not a lot of different pages), easy to navigate from calendar to record.

Cons

Not great on mobile. Would like a sort of pop-op feature to notify other users of various things throughout day.

Hello Juliann! Thank you for your feedback! I sent over your request for pop-up notifications via mobile to the product management team for consideration. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com.

JK

Jennifer K.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Overall good program with lots of features.

Customer services has been mostly helpful though they often are confused as to what we are having trouble with and it takes an excessive amount of time to fix anything. More often than not, we don't get our problem fixed and are told "that is just how the system operates and we have to deal with it." WHen we want to customize some features that frustrate our clinic, they are not available to change.

Pros

The system is intuitive and easy to use for the most part. I can find what I need easily and data entry is fairly easy. There are nice administrative features that give me the reports and data I need for analysis of company health. Client features are nice and look professionally when communicating with the client.

Cons

The printer settings are very difficult and we often have connectivity problems. I would like other options besides Google cloud to connect printers directly for easier use. We also have trouble with glitches frequently and get frustrated making sure our data is entered correctly especially invoicing and payments.

Hello Jennifer! Thank you for your detailed review. I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with some of our support, I've sent this over to our support manager to be investigated.

DC

Dani C.

I recommend eVet 100%

100% satisfied! Great training, great support, great product. Thank you!

Pros

eVet is everything I'd hoped for in cloud-based software. The training/on-boarding was excellent. The software is thorough and saves me hours of work. It's a great interface with the client on the front-end, and super-easy to use on the back-end. I love the chat/help option too. I have a mobile practice, and eVet support has solved multiple issues on the road.

Cons

My only suggestion: link zip codes to towns so that when you're adding a client and type in the zip code, it auto-populates to the correct town.

SR

Stephen R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Owner, veterinarian

this is a very nice program and I shopped them all. Very competitive and works well. Reasonably comprehensive. Wish the developers were more motivated to improve and really understood my needs. Very happy though. Would recommend.

Pros

Easy to use. Decent medical records.......could be better if they were more forward thinking Reasonable price.

Cons

Stupid little things.....why hasn't this been fixed. Lack of development....this is a very nice program but it coud be so much better if somebody with more inspiration was running the show. Medical records are nice but very basic I am just not sure they want to be better. Hard to control how many emails and reminders.......needs development. Sales reps nice but not effective They have this list of requested improvments that must be in a deep dark basement......never seem to get a response to requests.

Dr. Romero, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing that eVetPractice is easy to use for you and your team. We also appreciate your feedback surrounding areas where we can improve. I've passed this directly to our Product Management team for review. If you ever have questions or additional feedback surrounding eVetPractice, please don't hesitate to reach us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com.

AW

Alice W.

Love it!!!

It has been very easy to use & train staff on. The customer service has been amazing. The staff that helped up transition from Intravet to Evet where great!

Pros

Love that we can pull evet up on our phones and have east accuse anywhere we are Love the white-board

Cons

Want our Icloud print back & for wasted items to come out of inventory when added to a patients account We would like to have more then 1 screen/tab open at a time

MD

Moira D.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Much better than paper records!!

The software has streamlined things considerably, saving time with Rx labels, appointment making, invoicing, Rx documents, and e-mails.

Pros

The fact that I can type in rather than hand write all of my copious notes, all patient documents can readily be found, clients can be e-mailed directly from the medical file, client and financial reports readily generated, can access the software from any computer or device, medical records look good when sending to another clinic, so easy to do Rx labels, and even I as the vet can make appointments!

Cons

I did find it easier to flip through paper records to find perhaps the last time I did a blood test and quickly see the results without opening a file, same for finding a previous Rx or other treatment - the computerized files don't lend themselves as well to that as you must open all exam forms and documents, even invoices, to find what you are looking for. A minor issue is that sometimes the software won't properly save the exam form that I've saved, leaving a red star by it, and I have yet to figure out why that occurs.

Thank you, Dr. Drozdovech!