All categories

Web-Based Auto Repair Shop Management

Shop Boss Reviews

Jennifer H.

Read the full review
Excellent Shop Management software at a very affordable price point.

Robert J C.

Read the full review
The software was easy to navigate. Its functionality was great with its color coding.

Alexandra D.

Read the full review

Cons

Relies upon internet connectivity (which at times could be a problem).

Vince B.

Jimmy S.

Read the full review
With any type of software has the odd glitch but nothing major and always gets fixed right away.

Brandon M.

4.8

User Friendly - Feature Heavy - Great Product

I've had the fortunate opportunity to work closely with a number of people at shopboss. Our business is always evolving and changing the way we do things. We are just a little different than most of our competitors. Shopboss is open to our suggestions and unique requests so that their software specifically fits our business model. I've never seen another company do that for us. The quality of their work is very high and keeps me excited about working with them to make shopboss the best it can be for us.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. New employees can walk in and start writing work orders almost immediately. The work flow is simple and makes logical sense walking the customer through the intake process. They have built in labor books, parts ordering, and texting that are easy to use and make the speed of service lightning fast. New features are constantly being released and improving the overall quality of the product.

Cons

There isnt much bad to say about their product. They have experienced some growing pains as they expanded their customer base that effected service slightly. They have since corrected these issues. There are difficulties when working with a completely web based system but the benefits greatly exceed the cons.

Excellent Shop Management software at a very affordable price point.

If you have a small to medium shop and are looking for a simple and yet powerful tool to be able to manage your vehicle work flow and be able to access from anywhere anytime, it simply cannot be beat.

Pros

Very quick to get up and running. I was able to log in and instantly start entering customers, making invoices. The internet based log in is a huge plus as I can take paper work home and log in to finish up RO's. I run a custom high performance BMW shop and had some unique needs and I was able to enter support requests and was amazed when within the hour I was called by the technical support team...

Cons

This is basically a 'Front End' based software and does not really focus on financial management. To fully implement the financial side of things you will need to use Quick Books. At the same time this keeps it simple. Quick Books is also the most recognized small business financial management tool available, so the fact the software integrates with Quick Books is a plus. Their have been some minor developmental issues, but as said above the tech support is awesome and they will generally resolve any issues on the fly within a short amount of time, sometimes within the hour. Not really any cons to this software at all.

ShopBoss Review

We decided Shop Boss took a lot of additional time trying to get everything typed up but other than that it was a great program.

Pros

Cons

We did not like writing in our labor descriptions or parts descriptions. We found that in order to re read what you wrote you would have to save it, look on the main page of thE repair order then go back in and scroll through the line that you type the description and find where the spot to edit. In that line only 10 words or so would fit so you had to use the arrows to get through the entire description.

Shop Boss Pro is a MUST HAVE!

There are so many things we love about Shop Boss. Most importantly it is extremely user friendly. It takes time and money to train employees on software. If you can navigate around the internet, you can effectively use Shop Boss!

Pros

User friendly, ability to access online (nice for us to check in while on vacation), quality, constantly adding new features to keep up with the technological changes, excellent price point. We also appreciate the customer service, often times the owner, Chris is the one to directly contact us to answer and questions we have or customize the software to fit our needs. Shop Boss has excellent reports that give us an instant snap shot of where our business is financially at any given time.

Cons

None, if ever there is a concern it is addressed immediately!

Automotive Business Game Changer

When we started with SBP nearly 3 years ago my crew didn't see the need to move from our carbon paper based tickets, hand written estimates, and "I think we need" inventories. After we fully implemented the software everyone couldn't believe the hundreds of steps it saved us each day, and the value of the historical data it provided us. Since we started our little shop has had over 16,000 repair orders. I cannot even imagine doing all this on paper again.

Pros

Ease of use, responsiveness to our needs for assistance or feature improvements.

Cons

I haven't had time to implement so many of the most powerful features yet.

Best shop software to date!

I cant recommend this enough

Pros

runs on any web device web based no software to install the support is amazing, problems are fixed immediately. good EULA I feel that my data is safe and customer information will not be sold or used by a 3rd party. I was looking for a way to run the shop without using the Windows operating system. I realized that I wanted a web based program. Shop Boss Pro is THE answer! Feature rich, easy...

Cons

honestly, none so far that the developer has not fixed within hours.

really great software !!!

the programmer and owner is really great to deal with and is open to new ideas and works to implement them. Over all really great to deal with and always helps when we have issues.

Pros

How easy it is to use and train new people

Cons

with any type of software has the odd glitch but nothing major and always gets fixed right away

online based software

Very easy, and simple to use software. I came from a dealership that used "cause, concern, and correction" on there invoices. Shop boss brings that to the table. Very easy/simple layout. You type in your customers concerns, fill in the parts, type your story, and you're ready to print. We are a small shop that wanted simple and efficient software. No contracts, great customer support. Shop Boss will work with you and make any kind of changes you need, or want to add. To sum it up... shopboss is like an iphone compared to a blackberry. iphone's are simple, to the point, and easy to use. where blackberrys are crammed, and over loaded with pointless features.

Pros

Online based and can be accessed from anywhere, any computer, any smart phone.

Cons

none at this time

awesome

I would recommend shop boss pro to anyone with a repair shop, any size shop. it makes a hugh difference.

Pros

I have used several different programs and none of them compare to shop boss. this program has really made my business come together. the customer support is 110% above the rest as well.

Cons

i really don't have anything negative to say about shop boss. well, maybe I would like an quick estimate button and photos from all data

This is an excellent product!!!

Buy this program! It's a great, responsive small business that is genuine in it's pursuit of customer satisfaction. They listen, implement user requested ideas, and are responsive to service request.

Pros

Ease of Use Responsive Customer Service Accessible from Remote Locations

Cons

Relies upon internet connectivity (which at times could be a problem)

Vince, Thanks so much for the awesome review. We will do our best to meet or exceed your expectations. Scott

Great product with even better pricing and support!!

My needs were a little bit different because we are a fire truck repair shop, so Chris and the guys at shopboss made some changes specifically for us. I couldn't ask for a better customer support group. Thanks guys.

Pros

Very simple to use. Outstanding customer support. Very affordable.

Cons

None...ready for a shopboss app!

Tmr automotive

5 stars all the way

Pros

System works great for a small shop like mine.As my needs change Shop Boss has made changes for me.

Cons

none so far

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.