Time To Pet

Web-based software for pet sitting & dog walking businesses.

visit website

Time To Pet Reviews

Pros

My bookkeeper loves the integration and mileage tracking. While there’s room for improvement, overall it’s an excellent product for any business that offers pet services.

Jeri H.

As an employee it was so nice to have all client info easily at a glance on my phone. Super simple to keep on top of client wants and pet needs when completing services.

Kat V.

People like us are excited to use this and receive the report card at the end of a session. Its great to have all the info right there.

Tiffany W.

Cons

Sometimes you have a simple, quick question and it is frustrating not to be able to speak with a live human.

Lisa H.

Some things can be a little TOO complex or hard to navigate.

Mandi F.

It is difficult to filter these messages in a useful way and so we found ourselves overwhelmed by volume and frequently we missed messages leading us to miss visits.

Grace S.

Excellent software for people who work with pets

Transcript

Jeri: My name is Jeri. I'm the owner. And I give Time To Pet a five rating. For more information, click...

Easy to use, affordable and high quality product!

I have loved every moment with Time to Pet! Since the very beginning when I attended a free demonstration to being a user for about a year it's been great. Everything I need for my pet sitting service has been thought of and if I ever have any issues their team is johnny on the spot to answer and help me out. Cannot recommend this software enough!!

Pros

I love the ease of use and how multiple people can access different aspects. If I have ever had an issue, their customer service was extremely quick to answer and fix the issue.

Cons

I have not disliked anything about this product

Thanks for the great review and for your support!

I’ve trialed over 30 softwares - Time to Pet is THE BEST

TTP is a lifesaver. It takes a couple days to get things set up the way you want them, and you’ll tweak things as you go, but once it’s set up it saves you SO MUCH TIME! As a pet sitter you are always on the go and trying to juggle all of your clients invoices and reservations, while ensuring accuracy, can be a daunting task. I’ve tried over 30 different softwares, many of them pet-sitter specific and others that aren’t. TTP is by far the most customizable, user-friendly, attractive UI.

Pros

TTP is already very comprehensive and includes everything you need to run your business, but they are constantly improving and adding new features throughout the year.

Cons

The built-in WYSIWYG editors are not great for making eye-popping emails. I’d like to see HTML/CSS capabilities in the future.

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate your support Breanne!

Best pet sitting software on the market

Overall I’ve had an amazing experience. Prompt costumer service. I couldn’t run my company without it.

Pros

I love how easy and user friendly the software is. They constantly make updates to make users life easier.

Cons

I wish they would add the feature to add different rates for different type of pets (ex; $4 dogs/$2 cats) That’s the biggest irritation of mine. Seems like it would be a given for a pet sitting software.

Thanks for the great review - we appreciate the support!

Good programme but has some flaws that need to be addressed

In the beginning, the response and answers from the owners were phenomenal -as they have grown they have added Customer Service personal and although responses are in a very timely manner they are just not as "warm and fuzzy" as they were when the responses came from the support staff. He made you feel your question or comment was most important to him - now they seem to be stock answers from the service department making you feel more like a number than a client.

Pros

Ease of Scheduling for subcontractors/employees on the road via the app or in the office on the computer. As well as generating subcontractor/employee invoices/pay - very little effort on admin to complete these tasks. Customer Service is very quick and responsive. Invoicing to the client is effortless - unless you do not keep up with the scheduling!

Cons

Like most dog walking companies or businesses, we use sub-contractors - so basically self-employed individuals. These sub-contractors have access to information that I do consider confidential. I understand the basics of subcontractors seeing the client name, address, entry/alarm code - otherwise, they would not be able to perform the job they were hired to complete - but if I am having a conversation...

Time To Pet Best Pet Sitting Software

I love the team at Time to Pet because they are very responsive to concerns or suggestions. They really care about their clients productivity and seem to really care about what we want to see improved upon. They are always making things better and sometimes it's crazy good.

Pros

Time to Pet has taken us out of having to worry all the time to being with our clients. We no longer forget invoices, we know every client is accounted for and it puts our clients in the drivers seat for their own information and instructions. This software has changed the Pet sitting industry and will make our industry more manageable and allow small Pet Sitters to grow more rapidly. It's an all inclusive app that my clients and my sitters rave over. Love it.

Cons

The time app for hourly employees in conjunction with travel time/job codes.

Thanks for the great review - we appreciate your support!

Time to Pet worth its weight in gold!

Time to Pet has helped me tackle the administrative side of my business and win! It keeps me organized and efficient. My clients love it!

Pros

Time to Pet was easy to set up and the learning curve did not take me long. I am not a tech person so the tutorials helped to ease any anxiety. Their customer service is always very timely and supportive.

Cons

I have been using this software for over 4 years and so far I do not have anything that I like "least".

Thanks for the awesome review, Kim! We appreciate your support!

Best Professional Petsitting Software

My business could not have grown the way it has without scheduling errors over the past year without Time To Pet keeping me organized, productive, and efficient. It instills confidence in my clients that their cat will be visited without fail and well cared for.

Pros

The best things about Time To Pet are that it was easy to purchase, learn how to use, and integrate into my existing business structure, in other words, accessibility. The value of TTP to my business is priceless. I can't imagine how my business would have been successful without it. It's customizable, relatively easy to learn and use, and secure. Customer service is reliable, prompt, and courteous. I love Time To Pet!

Cons

It is sometimes a challenge to remember where to find certain functions within the software, because it is so functionality-heavy, which is a good thing, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

Thanks for your support!

Best Software for Pet Pros

Pros

Time to Pet's staff and client portal are extremely intuitive and easy to use. The Autopay setting has been an absolute game-changer. Being able to add and edit client profile questions has been very helpful.

Cons

Time to Pet is constantly improving and making changes that meet the needs and demands of small and large pet-sitting companies. If I had to name one thing that could improve, it would be the admin dashboard. There are far too many categories / menu options and finding the setting that you need to adjust can be tricky and time-consuming.

Pet care with Time to Pet

Time to Pet allows my employees easy access to my client's pets information. Instead of sending everyone tedious and boring notes, they can send them cute photos of their pets and only have to send text if there is an issue. It's easier on everyone's side.

Pros

Time to Pet is very user friendly, and expandable. They also have stellar customer support.

Cons

I'm not super tech savvy, so I have probably had to contact customer service more often than the average user. I researched several software systems before I made my decision. Time to Pet was the most expensive, but it was also the most user friendly and had the best tech support.

Thanks for the review - we appreciate it!

Can't say enough good things about Time to Pet!

Overall extremely satisfied. Time to Pet makes it SO much easier to run my business.

Pros

I love the ease of use, this is our hub for everything we do, and it is customizable to the specifics of our business.

Cons

I would love it if we could more extensively customize the scheduler section on the client's side. We would like to add specific questions for the clients to answer or check boxes off for the services they are requesting.

Thanks for the great feedback - we appreciate it!

You will be grateful you chose Time to Pet

I was a beta tester for a couple of other pet care online management start ups, but they were so complicated and frustrating to use. And more expensive than Time to Pet. I’ve been one of the earliest users of Time to Pet for my dog-walking and pet-sitting business. Immediately, it freed me from the desk and allowed me to focus on my business. It’s invaluable for scheduling clients and my team, & invoicing...

Pros

The developers are always listening to user suggestions and requests and making upgrades in response. Their customer service is unparalleled in The tech industry or, really, any industry these days. Highly responsive & engaged! It makes a huge difference in my experience of the product as well as the product’s usefulness.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like there are more features than I’ll ever need, but I can see how desirable they are to other companies in the pet care industry.

Thanks for all of the support - we appreciate it!

The BEST software for Pet Care Professionals

I LOVE the Time To Pet software and their team. They are such a great company and are always striving to make their software more user friendly for their clients and for their client's clients. It is the best pet sitting software out there, I believe. It has really helped me grow my business operation in a professional manner while their pet sitting reports complete with GPS, time tracking, photos, notes, and checklists on each pet help give our clients the peace of mind they deserve when they are traveling and away from their pets and home.

Pros

Time To Pet has a robust online help menu that takes you step by step which really shortens your learning curve as a user. And if the help menu doesn't offer you an answer, Time To Pet's support team is super responsive and will go above and beyond to help you find a workable solution. Their team really listens to their client's feedback and constantly innovates their software to better meet our needs....

Cons

I believe there is still room for improvement on the scheduling side of the software. Visually the calendar can be overwhelming and complex/time consuming to manage when you grow your business and have lots of teammates in the field and multiple service areas. And I believe the scheduler on the client side can be a bit complex and confusing for them. It is not always easy and intuitive for our clients to build their own pet sitting service requests when they are looking for different visit durations across 3 or 4 daily service windows. The clients who are comfortable with technology can usually get it but some really struggle with it so we just have them message us through the software what they need and then we build the service contract for them.

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate it!

Must Use: TimetoPet

Their personalized service is bar none. Quick turn around with questions we have. Thorough answers and solutions to issues. And they are very nice about it all.

Pros

TimetoPet is an awesome app. We are a medium size pet sitting and dog walking company servicing over 2k clients with over 40 staff. We could not provide our clients with the level of service we provide if it were not for TTP. Our clients comment positively about every aspect of the experience with this product from the 'report card' they receive after every visit to scheduling their services through their computer or their phone.

Cons

The only improvement i would encourage is a more robust self serve reporting feature. But I like reports and analytics more than most folks, so it could be just me.

Thank you for the great review!

Best Pet Sitting Software Out There

I am 100% satisfied with Time to Pet and I recommend it to every pet sitter I know. I have used other products in the past and TTP is just far above exceeding any other programs out there. They are constantly taking feedback from their users and are always actively improving the product, adding amazing new features, and staying ahead of the competition. There's just no other software on the market that does with TTP does, nor do they have the TTP team backing it up.

Pros

TTP is a highly innovative pet sitting software that helps me run the day to day operations of a mid-size pet sitting company. With staff and quite a few clients, this software ensures nothing is ever missed and that our clients enjoy an app for themselves as well.

Cons

Due to the sheer number of customizations, the program can be daunting at first. However, it is completely worth the time to learn it. I had to think outside the box a bit to ensure the program could be tailored to the specific needs of my company which can be scary at first. TTP has never let me down and I've always been able to use the features and options to tailor the program to be exactly what I need. While there are a lot of documents explaining how to do things, more video instruction would be helpful however TTP's customer service is the absolute BEST. If you can't figure it out or can't find the answer you're looking for, their team is always knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Thanks for the great review, Vanessa. We appreciate your support!

This is the best pet sitting software on the market

Customer service is lightning fast! The software was great at the beginning but the owners are not content with that. They keep making it better and better. I can't wait to see what additions they make to Time To Pet in the future.

Pros

The software is very modern and up to date. It is very intuitive which makes training new staff easy. The schedular has a great calendar with drag and drop capability. Everything is integrated so nothing falls through the cracks. Our customers have also enjoyed using the software. The software encourages customers to leave tips when making payments. Where we weren't getting many tips before we now get lots of tips. The software has more than paid for itself just in tips!

Cons

Since we pay our employees by the hour including travel time between visits we would like to see the tracking of travel time integrated more automatically into the software.

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate the support.

Great Product, Excellent Service

The team at Time To Pet (TTP) is wonderful! I transitioned from paper based documentation, Outlook scheduling, and tracking revenue in Excel and Quickbooks (I still use Quickbooks, but you can integrate TTP with it). Converting my data to CSV files for import into TTP was simple. I come from a corporate finance project management, implementation, training and customer support background for banking...

Pros

This product brings together everything that I was previously managing manually into one coherent process. My clients and I have visibility into the same things, they can update their information for the care of their pets and homes at any time, and scheduling flows seamlessly into invoicing, collections and reporting. The communication option allows the client and all team members to be on the same page, with a maintained history, and no lost texts, or having to communicate information shared in a text with other people. The options for customizing the various features and modules to your specific business needs and preferences provide a lot of flexibility, and it is an excellent value for the money.

Cons

Because it's so extensive and has many customization features, there's a bit of a learning curve. The client facing software/app has been made simple enough for client use, but it can still be a little tricky setting up your services so that they are easy for the client to select properly, and then flow through correctly to your scheduling and bookkeeping. This might just be an individual thing for me, as I have clients who pick multiple services on one invoice (a mix of requests for overnight stays plus daytime visits), so it might just be the way that I set it up. These are very minor items, and I've found simple ways to make this all function for me without any tricky workarounds

Thanks for the great review!

I wish I'd started using TTP years ago. I estimate it saves me 45-55 hours per month! Thrilled!

There are many time-saving and organizational features I could review, but I will mention my two favourite features so far. The scheduler and invoicing are completely integrated. It used to take me a week or more, each month-end, just to track the many schedule changes of my clients and reconcile my dog walkers weekly invoices in order to generate client invoices. It now takes me about 20 minutes...

Pros

There are many time-saving and organizational features I could review, but I will mention my two favourite features so far. The scheduler and invoicing are completely integrated. It used to take me a week or more each and every month-end to track the many schedule changes of my clients and reconcile my dog walkers weekly invoices in order to generate client invoices. It now takes me about 20 minutes....

Cons

Although I found the software a bit confusing (there is a learning curve), I am rating "ease of use" at 5 stars. Running a busy dog walking company is challenging and there are a lot of moving parts. There would be no way of designing a sophisticated and flexible software app - which simplifies and streamlines the many challenges of running a busy dog walking company - without users having to learn a bit about the system's design. I've had to reach out to Time To Pet a number of times for assistance with the app. Without exception, tech support got back to me very quickly (several times by email, and three times they actually called me and walked me through my issues).

Thanks for the great review Darrell - we appreciate it!

TIme To Pet is great! I should have signed up and started using it years ago.

Pros

When I started looking at various software, I wanted the text update capability as that's what our clients really like! TTP has that and I, as the administrator, always see the updates and responses. I also really like that client's can't reach out directly to our IC's (users). Although one of the best features is how it links all scheduled services to invoices; both for client's and for users....

Cons

The cons of TTP may be more on my end than theirs. We were already so busy when we switched over. It took a long time to input all the data and client information. They started an Academy to help showcase and explain very important topics and features. Honestly, I just haven't had any spare time to take advantage of it. This is another reason to start using it before you are already insanely...

Thanks for the great feedback!

After 9 years- we finally have software that makes our jobs SO much easier! Clients love it, too!

This software quite literally saves me hours of work each week and has allowed my business to grow rapidly. It also makes our company look more professional and polished. And it has eliminated billing mistakes as well as payroll errors since both are based on the actual schedule of services performed. I'm a pet person- not an accountant! Time To Pet allows me to focus on what I love to do.

Pros

Where do I start? I am obsessed with this product. We tried several along the way and thankfully found Time To Pet. The customer representatives have been beyond speedy and helpful from the set up process to adding features along the way. They truly have thought of every detail that both the clients , the sitters/ walkers and managers need to provide the best possible pet care. Hours we used to spend...

Cons

We would love to see an admin phone app for the managers, but I know they are working on that!

Thanks for the feedback Beth!

My IT background gave me a unique perspective when evaluating pet sitting apps and this was the best

Increased communication with staff and customers, visibility into staff work behaviors, GPS location tracking, paper reduction, lower postage costs, audit history which has provided proof when customers questioned the services they were provided, integration with QuickBooks Online, electronic payment processing, email campaigns/bulk messaging, and much more!

Pros

My customers use it and love it! There's something for everyone: email capture for those who prefer email for simple email communications, a customer portal for the online users, and a smartphone app for the trendiest of our clients who want instant access. Our walkers/pet sitters love it! The smartphone app puts client information at their fingertips and gives them instant access to GPS for directions...

Cons

Applying a single check to multiple invoices could be more straightforward. If not caught immediately, errors resulting from improper data entry must be corrected in both TTP and QuickBooks. TTP Support has acknowledged the issue and plans to address it in a future release. Data extracts are limited to what is predefined by TTP. I would love the ability to query data directly into Excel to build...

Thank you for the feedback Amy - we appreciate it!

A MUST HAVE

This is an amazing software paired with prompt and professional customer service and support. I could not have expected something to have such a profound effect on my business. I implemented the software just before our busiest period being the Christmas season and it was by far my most stress-free and smooth sailing one to date and I'm absolutely certain 90% of it is because of TTP. Previously I...

Pros

Easy to use and navigate and it saves me hours of sit down admin time.

Cons

If I have to pick something it would be to be able to attach videos to visit report and to have all features available to Australia. In saying that, these things really make no major impact on the excellence of the software.

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate your support Vicki!

The Best Dog Walking Software

We’ve had a great experience. They are quick to help when we need it and have always answered our questions or fixed our issues. The main thing that I love is that they listen to their customers and work on improving the software based on our feedback.

Pros

The ease of use for our clients and all the features for our clients. They can see the exact route their dog takes on the walk, they can easily message with their walker or management, they can schedule walks right from their phone, and can even pay their bill on the go.

Cons

Invoicing has been a huge improvement over our other dog walking software. Like HUGE. The only improvement I’d like to see if visits automatically showing up on the correct invoice based on the month. In the beginning we had multiple invoices for clients each month because the services aren’t automatically placed on the correct invoice. TTP said they are working on this though.

Thanks for the great review!

Great software with excellent customer service

Pros

I love this software. I've been a sole proprietor for 21 yrs (no employees/sub conractors) & have tried software on the past, but didn't like it. It actually made more work for me. I decided I needed to finally get away from doing everything by hand. I actually stilldid all of my scheduling & accounting by hand. I researched multiple sitter software & decided on TTP. It was recommended by other...

Cons

The only complaint is that it takes some time to learn the software because it's so detailed & customizable. But it's well worth it & easy to use once you learn.

Thank you for the great review - we appreciate it!

Great app, will change your business for the better

It's a great app with very minimal issues. Any problems that arise are usually just questions that are answered quickly with excellent customer service. The only frustrating bits usually have to do with cellular service or technology issues that they are not directly responsible for but are always happy to help with.

Pros

The app provides transparency for our clients allowing them to be a virtual partner in every visit and allows the client to see & appreciate all the love and energy a sitter puts into each visit. In the end the it improves the relationship in both directions and as a business owner, that's what it's all about.

Cons

I looked at all the pet sitting apps. At that time, the available apps weren't "customizable" and required that you run your business using their format and none of them provided an improvement on the system I had created. Not until I found Time to Pet, which is completely flexible to use in a way that suits any business, was I ready to jump onboard with an app. However, this aspect of the app is possible because of the thoroughness of the app which made it initially less than user friendly. I understand that they have since instituted a more intensive hands on approach to training new users. Now that we experienced with it, it's great.

Thanks for the great review - we appreciate your support!

Time To Pet will Make Your Life So Much Easier

The main thing that makes Time To Pet stand out from their competition is that they are constantly taking suggestions from their users and implementing improvements. As long as they keep this up they will continue to be leagues ahead of the other options available!

Pros

Time To Pet comes the closest to automating every aspect of running a pet care company and yet still manages to offer so many ways to customize it to your specific services. Your customers can use the app to request services and your administrators and/or your care providers can approve those requests. Schedules and invoices are ridiculously easy to email out as needed. Communication with your customers and your team are a breeze. It even synchs with Quickbooks to simplify your bookkeeping. I don't know how anyone runs a pet care service without it!

Cons

The only hiccup I've run into so far is that Time To Pet is not able to differentiate between the different types of pets when setting up billing for extra pets. For example, we bill extra for walking any additional dogs more than two. If the customer also has a cat in their profile, the system will still charge the extra fee since it is not able to tell that the third pet is not a dog and thus does not need to be walked.

Thank you for the feedback and the great review!