All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Tradify

Powerful job management software for electricians & plumbers

Tradify Reviews

Pros

Customer support has been fantastic our representative has been able to help us out with any requests and questions we had and has gone above and beyond to support us since we have been using Tradify.

Andrew G.

Sam G.

Read the full review
Ease of use, and integrates perfect with our accounting programme and the staff are always on hand to help.

Alexis C.

Read the full review

Cons

The only thing that I would change if you are midway through a quote and you have to restart it and loose photos due to a mobile device updating etc.

Read the full review
Took no time to change for my old on line job system. I have sub contractors that use a paper based system and they are always later with wrong information.

Brad J.

Read the full review
Does rely on internet so if you're in a remote area with no wifi or internet connection it is limited.

Jason F.

Read the full review

Ease of use, Value for money

Overall it is a great product, with all the features I required, at an affordable price.

Pros

Ease of job tracking, notes feature is great, quoting, invoicing, its all straight forward

Cons

Would be nice for it to be able to save when out of reception and update itself when you get back into reception

New user

Been great so far no complaints.

Pros

Easy to use! Customer support and help setting up was amazing!

Cons

Is too expensive as you need to pay per user. Costing me double the price of servicem8 but they are identical software.

Fairly Easy to use, some good features, requires more development

Pros

Saves time quoting and invoicing, layout of invoice looks good, the app is easy to use so the guys in the field don't struggle with how to use it.

Cons

when sending emails from tradify the invoices at the bottom say sent from Tradify, i get that its a bit of free advertising for Tradify but I think it looks unprofessional from our point of view, you can download invoices and documents and send your usual way but that does take longer. Doesn't get updated very regularly I used a competitors software for a while (doesnt integrate with MYOB essentials which is why i stopped) and they did regular improvements every month. doesn't integrate with other calendar programs like google calendar. kits which i like where you basically put together regular things that you do ie install a double Power point, but you cant do this on invoices. Pages on the app do take a long time to load and a big downfall no offline access to the app.

I highly recommend Tradify for anyone running a business in construction.

Tradify has been excellent since day 1. Whilst on my free trial period I was contacted by the team at Tradify to offer assistance setting up the platform for my business and learning how to use it. I accepted this offer and had several calls at times that suited me, the staff were great and were able to make the process easy. I have been using this product for a while now and will continue to do so indefinitely. It has helped my business greatly and helped me manage all aspects of the business I find challenging such as quoting, time tracking, invoicing .

Pros

Time Tracking - Easy to Keep track of different jobs, staff on jobs etc. Scheduling - Easy to drag appointments around on calendar and send job details to staff. Quoting / invoicing / purchases - Very well integrated, I quote using price list items i have set up, once quote confirmed I can create a purchase order in seconds, when its time to invoice it adds atomically again . Cross platform - I use on MacBook, iPad and iPhone works great on all devices. Linked to quickbooks - Ideal saves me having to do anything my accounts lady can deal with it in quickbooks as it atomically ends up there from Tradify. A nice feature I have found is that if I send a CERTIFICATE PDF via Airdrop on my iPad to iPhone I can import into Tradify and link to a job, helps keep all paper work organised.

Cons

There aren't any that I'm aware of, its perfect.

Simplicity at its finest

Pros

For me the ability to capture enquiries, add the customer details into the data base and then quote is essential. I can see every interaction the client has from open their quotes to accepting them and then paying g the invoice. My clients love the ability to accept the quotes online and get reminders if they have chosen an option. Once the quotes are accepted you can create a job, schedule it in and assign it to a worker in quick succession. The job management function allows to you track time onsite and even pause the time to allow for trips to the wholesaler if required so you can then accurately bill for time on site and not guess and this benefits your client as you are not over charging them.

Cons

The one thing I wish they did have was a export calendar function as I’d like to share my calendar with by wife but she doesn’t require access to the system as she isn’t a company secretary or admin assistant. It’s more so she knows whats in my schedule so she can plan her day. At the moment I have load it in to both Tradify and the iPhone calendar.

Great business tool

Really pleased with it. The team are always very helpful. Always seem to be developing and adding to the product.

Pros

It is critical to our day to day business. Mobile access is great.

Cons

It makes my computer run really slow. Occasionally we struggle to log in. The scheduling section could be easier to use. Enquiries function could be better.

M P Electrical

its changed my business and improved it for the better

Pros

The product is a very simple format, easy to use and understand. Easy to log and enter details

Cons

More control of reminder emails re open approved documents in case of mistakes or amendments

Beyond Expectations

What was important was for this business to embrace a software platform to operate from. Tradify made the transition period very short in implementing and being adopted by management into our daily operations. Tradify is now at the core of how we do what we do. The customer service is next level and world class. Always a prompt response and solutions oriented with a smile and satisfaction beyond expectations. Tradify rocks, simple, easy, professional that integrates with various software to make it even easier.

Pros

Easy to set up without assistance, help docs cover anything you cannot work out . Our team is a crew of painters that all said to me how they dont know anything about the digital space and resistant to creating a new timesheet habit and learning what to do. They were all very chuffed when they worked out how easy it is to use.

Cons

I think more reporting features that the user can choose to suit their business model. also the ability to set up another arm to the business separately so like a parent company that umberella's child businesses that have separate teams or territories would be good for growing businesses. Also a group chat room space for team meetings would be supurb! We no longer have an office or central meeting space as the world goes online, a space for comms like a notice board or chat would help a lot.

Powerful software for my electrical business

Basically it's a time saver and who doesn't want more time for things other than paperwork! For some reason I enjoy adding items to my price list but then I know that item is just a click away from a quote or invoice!

Pros

Quoting and invoicing are my favorite features. Once you have frequently used material prices loaded then it's really quick getting a quote or invoice off to a customer. The customer then receives something very professional looking and can even accept your quote right then and there and you'll be notified. You can even see if your quote or invoice has been opened and viewed!

Cons

I can't think of any features that are really missing. Personally I don't make much use of the scheduling system. It isn't a fault of Tradify as it's right there for me to use, I just feel more connected using a physical diary.

Ease of Scheduling

Pros

Pricing was fair and the ease to use the software

Cons

When a job is already scheduled and you need to add another staff member to the job you can't just add them easily enough like you can with a mobile app.

Tradify is the backbone of our business!

West Coast Refrigeration is a trade business that previous used Simpro and were converted once we found Tradify due to its ease of use, affordability, mobile functionality and outstanding customer support!

Pros

We cant fault this software as its built perfectly for our trade business and ensures that our field technicians can report their time and materials directly to the job and our office team are so much faster on invoicing customers! Its in real time and as we dont need a direct GPS tracker, we can still use this software to locate staff fast and effectively! I love that you can convert purchase orders straight to bills and allocate materials to the job so our office can cross check and this also makes a easier process for stock ordering and stock-take yearly! Also love that you can save attachments straight from emails on our iphones to jobs and customer profiles. We are also using iAuditor which talks directly with Tradify for our WHS Safety Requirements- this is a huge bonus!!

Cons

Would like to be able to customise our invoices a bit more but the new release is much better than previous.

Thanks Brendan! Customisable invoices are on their way with the new Tradify 2.0 release.

Tradify has revolutionised our business

We came across Tradify after searching for a job management system for 4 or 5 years. Before Tradify we had a collection of different elaborate spreadsheets that had evolved over the years but they required so much time and effort for all of my staff to use and be trained in. We even went down the road of purchasing a custom made job management system, and after 18 months had paid all our money and were never delivered the system, so to have something like Tradify is amazing.

Pros

It is an amazing platform that lets you really fit the system to your own company's needs, it is also great that all our information is accessed through one system and it is very easy to train people to use the system as it design and functionality is very intuitive. Tradify is also very proactive in improving the software and allowing it to grow and further meet the needs that are arising as we all get deeper into using it and applying it to our businesses.

Cons

The Silverlight platform that it runs upon seem to be quite restrictive, but even this is about to be upgraded.

Hey Kim! We're so happy your team @ Denmark Windows is loving the Tradify platform! Just a little heads up, we're about to launch a completely new and improved Tradify with all the same features you love + many more & the best part... no Silverlight! Whoop!

Tradify has simplified life for me!

I was finding myself spending too much time entering the same information into different spreadsheets, documents etc. I can now create a professional looking quote much easier, track quotes, transfer them to jobs, which I can assign to employees, track their time/materials better, then transfer that to a professional looking invoice easily. I love Tradify, and the customer support is great! They look for feedback to improve the product. Very satisfied and would/have recommend product to other colleagues.

Pros

Simple to use, but yet the abilities are complex. It save s alot of time, and money, while keeping things organized.

Cons

Not much. I don't like that the accounting side doesn't really accomodate with the 2 popular Canadian Accounting software platforms (Sage/Simply Accounting, Quick books). Seems more Australia/New Zealand Based) Naturally. I will create a small list of features I would like to see in the software and send to you.

Flexibility of Tradify

I am using Tradify in three separate businesses and find using it a great experience. My time is limited and I have no patience for apps that do not deliver, Tradify is not on this list. The seamless integration with Xero is faultless, often a sticking point with integrated apps. I have spoken to the staff on several occasions when I have been working on out of the ordinary problems, and they have always been easy to deal with and professional. The new format has improved the experience yet again which is a testament to the innovative attitude of the company.

Pros

Ease of use always is a big factor in choosing tools of trade. Designing systems that are both instinctive and functional is never an easy task, Tradify has done this well. Flexibility to correct entries is also important.

Cons

Having to be online to use the software. Would be great to have the ability to work offline and then sync.

Tradify is a great app to use for job tracking

So far our experience with Tradify has been positive. We run a small plumbing company and use this app to track our jobs from start to finish. It links up with our accounting system which is great. When we have provided feedback to Tradify on improvements, they have always responded and most of these have been included in the latest software update. It's good to know they are constantly looking to improve the software for the end users (us). When ever we have had a question regarding how to do something in Tradify (which isn't often, as it is very user friendly), their customer service has responded in a very timely manner.

Pros

- user friendly - efficient and effective for our business - customer service is great - updates occur to improve the software

Cons

- not being able to select multiple status' to view jobs - currently you can only select one status at a time to view

A value for money system that will cut your hours in the office and streamlines your business

When i first started I thought is was a bit of a gimmick, however it is far from it, I have been using tradify for about 2 years now and i can tell you that it has cut my office time down by 70%. I now quote at the customs house in front of them and give them a quote there and then, i then can book them in to do the work at the same time. my teem gets there purchases order descriptions work and where...

Pros

Cuts all the office crap you have to deal with at the end of the day

Cons

i is a bit hard to find features on the system and can be a little bit annoying to work around the sight

Why does it need a title.

I am using it to try get myself organised, I have found myself being more organised since starting using the software, just need to make it a habit to use it constantly at each job instead of thinking, I will input that later.

Pros

I really am still in the very early stages of learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons

I would like to be able to receive alerts on my phone for jobs or appointments. The software allows me to double book my time, which seems strange, if I try to schedule an appointment that overlaps an already scheduled appointment, it should alert me, and not allow it. Perhaps this one, is something I am doing wrong, but If i make a kit, and want it at a certain billing rate, it always appears in my quote as the Standard billing rate.

Hi Wade Thanks you very much for your feedback especially from a new user like yourself. We're so thrilled to hear that Tradify has helped you get more organised, and it definitely helps replacing pen & paper with Tradify wherever you go. Thank you also for letting us know your recommendation/request on how to improve on our platform. The ability to receive alerts to prevent double booking is...

Great success starts with Tradify

Prior to using Tradify we were in a mess of paperwork and emails. Tradify has allowed us to streamline our business and quickly respond to our customer needs. We also don't lose track of excess materials used on a job now which equates to better profitability.

Pros

Working in real time is fantastic. Jobs get allocated and on site techs can report back using the app. Time and material capture is really easy, and assists in invoicing the correct detail. Once everything is complete, we just click a button and everything is automatically sent to MYOB.

Cons

Time sheets do not automatically transfer to MYOB.

Tradify helped us grow our business

Overall our experience with Tradify has been great, it has changed our business dramatically from managing jobs with costs to see if we actually make a profit, to keeping track of our employees timesheets. Being able to quote on the spot, get the job accepted then create an invoice with no fuss has been a huge advantage.

Pros

The layouts and menus are easy to navigate throughout the software. Very easy to add notes and job costs aswell as times.

Cons

One thing that has been bugging us is the time it takes to add photos on the spot. It seems to be alot quicker to take photos with the normal iphone camera into the iphone library then to upload them into tradify notes.

Tradify - we're not looking back! You're all we will ever need ... and more!

We've been in since before Tradify was Tradify... and it's always been a simple-to-use and up to date way of helping us with our client information/date, appointments and schedules right through to our invoicing .... Tradify has great support, never a long wait when I have a question or query and they know what they're talking about but are always interested in what they can do to help our small family business to run smoothly. We can't rave about this system enough, you NEED to look into this system if running a business, you will be impressed! The time and effort saved by using a system like Tradify is astounding and as said - we're never looking back.

Pros

Easy to use, basic computer skills are all that you need... fast and efficient programming, invoicing etc

Cons

can't think of anything

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Happy Plumber

We run 12 staff and up to 60 sites a day. Its great to use simple to follow. The staff had it nailed in 2-3 days.

Pros

Web based booking system that talks to my accountancy package simply and efficiently suitable for all phones with browsers. Its been very stable as opposed to other more complex and difficult systems we have used in the past. Has all the reports and features needed to work out productivity and cost tracking per job/ profitability. The added bonus is the cost!!! I saved approximately $650 per month switching to this product.

Cons

not a lot really.

The total experience can be summed in in one word. Awesome!!!

The software allows us to have a quick view of where the team is and what work is coming up. It also help with clarity in communicating what jobs and where they are rather than calling or emailing them. its the one meeting point where everyone in the business can see where we are at any time any day.

Pros

The user interface is so easy to understand and become familiar with. The divers functionality allows so many facets of interaction including using the app whilst in not in the office.

Cons

The fact that in doesn't integrate with my office calendar. We use outlook and it would be fantastic if i could just open my app and use tradify to send out calendar invites to prospective client from there instead of having to then go to out look and repeat the same task of booking the appointments.

Wow! Just wow !

Pros

When I first started my business, my invoices and quotes were all over the place, I’d lose track of jobs or jobs which I hadn’t invoiced for. After downloading Tradify I honestly don’t know how I lived without it !

Cons

Would be good if they added in a feature that you can write up reports for insurance companies or letters with your header and logo

This is the best piece of software for trade businesses especially electricians, plumbers.

Reduced time doing admin work. Consolidation of materials into a single line item. The ability to get your invoices out to your customers quickly, therefor getting paid quicker

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is the ability to consolidate materials into a single line item named materials. This saves massive amounts of precious time not having to double handle paperwork when creating invoices. The user friendly interface makes navigation around this software a breeze. From quoting a job to inputting time and materials into jobs to invoicing a job It saves time and helps to get paid quicker because you can invoice on the completion of job while on site, no more invoicing months later. The intergration with accounting programs reduces lost time by sitting down doing admin work and lets you get on with what you do best.

Tradify 2.0...

I started using Tradify through another company as a subcontractor and thought the program seemed to work well. After a few months, I decided to switch my company to Tradify. From day one, I found a vast improvement in being able to organize my jobs and set up a simple invoicing procedure that is able to be done on the job. At first there was quite a bit of setting up to do, but once done, it made invoicing, quoting and scheduling much simpler and more time efficient.

Pros

I like being able to send the customer an electronic invoice while on the job. It has made quoting much easier and faster. I like when quoting a job, it shows you the actual profit you will make after labour and parts costings have been removed.

Cons

That I still need to use MYOB as my accounting software. If Tradify could implement payroll and a good accounting system, then I could do away with MYOB.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.