Docparser

Document processing & data extraction software

Docparser Reviews

Pros

Docparser is nice in that it can pull data from PDFs that a client might send and pull into other forms like an excel sheet. Generally it works pretty well and is convenient when you need it.

Jason N.

Easy integration with Zapier and easy of use. Recently I also found out the pre-processing tool that can automatically adjust the document, so it is perfect for me.

SA

Sabrina A.

Cons

I had to create multiple regex search and replace filters that should be possible in one. It could be a misunderstanding on my part.

Could not figure out how to build a library of keywords so that this could be included in every form for automation mapping. The transition of document in the three steps was initially confusing.

MP

Milind P.

I don't see my use of Docparser stopping because it's a fundamental tool to the service that I'm providing.

JR

Jarrett R.

Docpaser

Very pleased with the functionality and integration options. Simple to use.

Pros

Simple, Easy, and clean interface. Make the job very easy. Helpful support when needed.

Cons

Haven’t used it long enough to find any real faults

Amazing product, it has saved weeks of manual data entry.

The software has allowed us to extract all data from our multiple report documents and put them into one easy to analyse spreadsheet. It has saved us weeks of time doing it manually as well as eliminating all chance of human error.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how fast and accurate it is at extracting data from multiple documents.

Cons

No, overall I am very happy with this product.

So far, so good. I like the ability of being able to turn paper into Excel on the spot!

Pros

Easy to use, great price for the value. We used to use AutoEntry, which is a great product, but the having to wait however long it might take would bottleneck us at times when we needed fast conversion. This solves the problem

Cons

As I have not utilized nearly the full breadth of the capabilities of this software, I think my only issue is that sometimes the rules can be a bit confusing.

Makes my work life a lot less stressful

Pros

Converting my documents like PDF and JPG into exel format, the software allows you to fully extract the data over to excel. Also allows you to customize what you want to extract.

Best Tool We Never Knew We Needed

Docparser is a great tool for people who have a large volume of incoming documents/forms. I never realized that something like this even existed, and I certainly wouldn't have expected it to be so reliable and smart. This has been a HUGE time-saver for us and is more than worth it.

Pros

In short, this software is smart and ridiculously reliable. We have been using this software to extract the pertinent data from incoming documents, and assembling the data into compartmentalized sections. I have particularly enjoyed its functionality with Google Docs and other Google files.

Cons

I have only encountered a couple of issues that I didn't know how to solve, and their customer service team was prompt to explain what I was misunderstanding. I have no complaints about Docparser.

Very impressed with functionality

Time saved. More accurate data.

Pros

Very flexible and powerful options to extract the data I need from multiple vendors' invoice formats. It is saving significant amounts of data entry time.

Cons

Would like the ability to easily search for documents that have been uploaded. Also would like to specific what documents get parsed after making any modifications to layout rules.

Perfect solution for data entry at our small business

Saves time we wasted doing manual data entry.

Pros

It is very easy to use most importantly during the setup phase. No unnecessary frills. I really like that it gives the option to modify data that it parses before it is downloaded.

Cons

Monthly rates can be a little bit expensive for large batches of documents, but it works really well so I'm happy to pay it.

Automation made easy

The set up was much easier than I initially thought and it just works as mentioned on the website!

Pros

Fast processing, powerful custom parsing rules, integration to my workflow apps allowed me to automate repetitive data entry workflow.

Cons

I think some people may find pricing to be high side of their budget but if you have use case it will worth the money.

Saves Time

Pros

I love the ability to take different types of documents(mainly Purchase Orders) and parse the data from them. Now instead of manually entering all of that data, it is automatically uploaded to sheets and then to our database.

Cons

It does take some time to learn but it is pretty intuitive. Just stick with it and you'll figure it out.

Great Platform

Pros

We no longer have to enter every single invoice into our Business System. With Webhook integration, we are fully integrated from a manufacturer's invoice PDF to our Accounts Payable interface.

Cons

Sometimes Docparser detects lines as a character, but that is mostly expected from an OCR platform.

Value from Unstructured Mess

With docparser we took control of flood of customer emails and extracted order out of it including various messy pdfs and word docs. Now our docparser based processes allows us to focus on customer service, instead of randomized response by various team members.

Pros

Ability to create flexible rules and multiple models

Cons

Mostly good, some improvement for easier testing may be required.

I was very impressed with the capabilities of Docparser which exceeded the more expensive options

Extract data from complicated documents automatically saved lots of time, and and allowed for quicker turnaround times.

Pros

Ability to extract data from documents that was impossible with much more complicated & expensive solutions.

Cons

There is no phone support, which would be nice but its understandable though to keep costs low. Email support has been sufficient

Great solution, more flexible than other options so great for problem solving

I have a huge number of customer PO's in pdf format to convert to data for uploading to the accounting system. This saves me 20 hours per month so well worth it!

Pros

The flexibility and different parse options, other solutions were very limited in their setup and document type options. Also the uploading and processing were incredibly fast, as well as being easy to use and setup as well as trouble shoot where needed.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, all my needs were met

Invoice processing, data mining

I have successfully processed a dozen different types of invoices in two languages. This has increased my processing speed by a factor of 3 on average.

Pros

Docparser software is easy to use. The (self)learning curve was short. It is possible to find different ways to extract the same data, compare the quality, and choose the best output. The processing time is quite short.

Cons

The quality of output depends greatly on the quality/resolution/font size of the source data. This is, of course, not the software's fault. It would be nice though to ge a better language-specific text recognition.

Amazing! looked everywhere for some sort of software for OCR and found an ONLINE VERSION!

saves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get

Pros

It's Online and not slow at all and honestly does the same as OCR software if not better. No hassle of installation and maintenance.

Cons

it can't do fax's well, but yet again most OCRs cant. anything other than that I cant see any CONs.

Extracting structured data from PDF was never so easy

Docparser solves my problem of extracting structured data from a scanned PDF

Pros

The software can be used also by non technical people. The whole extraction / parser process can be configured in an easy way.

Cons

I would really appreciate, if unused credits will be transferred to my account for the next months

It do what I need

Pros

The product works and is stable. Once you get started using it, it's easy to set up new documents. We scan a number of documents, and with the program we have the opportunity to scale processes that are otherwise manual.

Cons

Nothing.

Great help to my business needs! Solved from 2 VA's failed to accomplish.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. You do not need any special knowledge to be able to accomplish your tasks. Also the price is great too!

Cons

Have not found a con yet. I enjoy all aspects of the software. Maybe in the future they could add the ability to parse right of a URL link.

By far the best tool in the market.

The speed, consistency and indirect benfits of operations improved by 10-fold to say the minimum.

Pros

Great customer support Excellent integration with systems and operational processes in general Works perfectly for simpler cases and at 80% success rate for very compelx cases like mine.

Short Term user

Pros

helps us to use pdf for importing data into our system

Cons

I was able to work my way the first parcers, but a little more of a wizard would have helped, especially to let me know I had to wait for certain items to process to get the results.

Docparser is awesome!

Pros

The software is so easy and intuitive. I was parsing PDF files in no time and exporting data into my database. The price is good too!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software. I really like it due to the fact it is easy and intuitive.

Docparser saves a lot of time

Pros

Docparser speeds up supplier invoice processing by a large margin. We've automated the process as much as possible which enables us to process more goods in less time.

Cons

I can't put my finger on something specific that I don't like with Docparser.

Easy to set up

Pros

Doc Parser is quick and easy to set up, had it up and running within 10 minutes, and does exactly what i need it to do.

Cons

The cost for Doc Parser is a little higher then Id like as I only use it for one task but can see the advantage if you had more then this.

Saves us soooo much time.

Pros

We use it to parse a pdf from work order emails into our own system thru their API. Just Awesome

Cons

Cost we are a small company this makes it difficult for us to justify at ties

Takes care of the 10% of processes that previously had to be handled manually

Pros

Most things can be automated. However, there are always about 10% of items that fall out of process and have to be executed manually. DocParser has moved us from 90% automation to 100% automation. It gives our team the ability to automate documents that come outside of our normal workflow. We combined the parsing skills of DocParser with ETL tools and are able to automate the upload of forms to our ERP.

Cons

The software is still in it's early stages, so there are a few kinks to work through. However, the team is extremely responsive and helps us overcome any issues we find.