Drupal Reviews

4.2

How would you rate Drupal?

Pros

I heard about CMS in the early 2000"s and in 2004 about Drupal. It's more powerful than other CMS, beacuse not so fancy but powerful, secure and stable.

BH

Balazs H.

The flexibility this provides to continue growing a web site makes it priceless. The community around the project is amazing and has provided excellent modules to get a site up and running easily.

Mostly modern CMS have amazing features with good bootstrapping themes that can easily be fit in. Need a one off editor like a visual studio to allow simple edits.

Cons

One being no visibility on the road map of the product that makes it difficult to take investment decisions and second is lack of customer support on the go.

Overall, my experience with Drupal was terrible.

Lack of development knowledge to the resources. It lacks in the marketing.

PRANITH A.

Luke A.

Head of Client Services

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Powerful open source alternative to WCMS monoliths

Transcript

Luke A.: I'm Luke, Head of Client Services. I give Drupal five star. For more reviews like this, click...

Great CMS - highly customizable

Transcript

Linda R.: My name is Linda. I'm a director of digital communications, and I give Drupal five stars. For...

Drupal is a complex content management system and really shouldn't be used for simple brochure sites

Pros

I like that there is a strong community support system of developers and programmers for this content management system. When looking for a module to use for whatever function you need, it's best to use that developer community and check out the reviews. The other thing to watch for is when it was last updated or modified. If it's a frequently updated or modified module, that should mean that people are using it and it is well maintained.

Cons

It is not blatantly apparent before you begin using this content management system that it is so super complex, that it's not a good product for simple brochure websites...

Great CMS - highly customizable

Drupal is great! It's best-in-class when it comes to an open source web CMS. I'm a huge fan!

Pros

Super customizable, love the features available, love the development community overall, and I really enjoy the updates in Drupal 8. We recently updated from D7 to D8 and everything about D8 is better, from its mobile-first design to its back-end CMS functionality.

Cons

It's hard to use Drupal if you don't have developers on staff or if you don't have the budget to retain a development shop that specializes in Drupal. Some of their app integrations aren't super friendly either and require a LOT of development time (read: money) to make happen

The Best Open Source Content Management System

My overall experience is really great with Drupal, because I have designed a number of ecommerce websites for my clients. They are really happy with the performance of the website including front-end and back-end. I am really satisfied with the features of Drupal.

Pros

Drupal is the professional and incredible content management system for the developers. Using Drupal you can build a stunning and amazing website. Drupal provides flexible and powerful solutions for your ecommerce business. You can secure your users. The interface is really easy to use, so even beginners can also create a website.

Cons

Drupal is great for marketers, developers and agencies. Even individuals can create and design the portfolio sites without any kind of cons. You will never face any issue in Drupal.

Best for Building Enterprise class Web Applications.

Drupal is very scalable for developing enterprise standards intranet based applications.

Pros

I used lots of Content Management Systems for building website. Durpal is one of them it is older than the Wordrpess. It's custom content types and views are very flexible. Provides Access Control/ User Permission even you can create your own rules. It provides multilingual sites support without any third party extension. It is best suited for developing Enterprise and Intranet based applications.

Cons

Sometimes it hard to configure on web hosting site due to higher hardware requirements compare with other Content Management Systems. It customization is limited to compared with the most popular CMS Wordpress. It requires basic coding skill.

Drupal is fast and reliable.

Overall, I am very happy with Drupal. I have zero regrets with it.

Pros

The Drupal platform is solid. It responds to input quickly and it has never crashed on me. The interface is clean and organized. There are a lot of modules and themes available. And the community is helpful. When I had questions, I was able to get answers within a business day.

Cons

I would like to see major versions released more often.

Better Than WordPress

Pros

We decided not to save on a platform for creating a site, so we chose CMS Drupal. Thanks to this decision, we were able to make a great site that best meets the objectives of our company. We wrote code without problems, connected the control system and plug-ins, and also set the parameters for SEO promotion. On WordPress, we would never do that.

Cons

The update manager does not work almost always. We are constantly tormented when developers release the next update. We just can't deliver it the first time. This is no good, and I hope the developers fix everything.

Drupal - Enterprise Level CMS

Pros

It is Highly Flexible, you can customize it very easily to any extent. It got wide community support which will help you if you got stuck anywhere. It got wide variety of modules & plugins available which you can choose in development of new features in your software/application. And the best part is its security, its one of the most secure CMS available out there. Man of Government website use drupal.

Cons

It is not recommenced for small scale website. As this CMS take good amount of efforts to be setup, making a small website will not be profitable.

Great CMS platform, tons of modules, themes and experts to deploy it

I have been using Drupal for websites I have been working with for years, since version 4. Drupal is a very flexible and powerful CMS, with tons of module for everything (from credit card management to spam detection), also with a big marketplace of themes to quick launch nice websites. The community of developers is huge, so it is easy to have a Drupal expert nearby to help you with a new website or the development of a module if that is not already existing on the marketplace.

Pros

Very flexible Tons of themes and modules Available on managed cloud sites

Cons

More difficult to configure than Wordpress (but also way more powerful)

I work for a Drupal web development shop

Pros

Drupal is an open-source CMS that works well when set up correctly. I've seen a lot of websites that have been built by developers that have never worked with Drupal before, and then the end result can sometimes be a nonsensical nightmare, especially for the content administrators. Drupal has the ability to create custom built websites with powerful integrations to countless other platforms, and it can really shine when Drupal experts handle the builds.

Cons

Drupal still has quite a learning curve, even with a customized back-end. People who are used to Wordpress or Squarespace don't find it as intuitive, and without proper training, creating and publishing content properly is difficult.

Pretty decent and more than a CMS

Drupal is a notable, free, and open-source content administration framework that is equipped towards complete site planning with its adaptability because of its core information base and PHP structure

Pros

The most effective element of Drupal is that the product is open source. In addition, its security is really high compared to other CMS. I like that Drupal proposes a variety of modules like video, participation, business.

Cons

Once you build the website, there is not much you can do to change the layout as it is fixed. It limits your creativity and can be frustrating. And it is a little bit harder to learn to use this software compared to other CMS. I wonder if they could make the admin panel more modern.

Best web-site builder that I've used

Really easy to use and has nice user friendly design.

Pros

This tool is amazing if you want to create a web-site but you don't have strong programming skills. It has many options, configurations that help to create the web-site that you want to create, also it helps to manage your site Admin dashboard where you can do any manipulation due to your site.

Cons

there are no cons, I think it is the best site constructor that help to save time, dont require strong technical skills and create good quality web site.

Drupal is great for basic content management

Drupal is great for basic content management - its a great platform and gets the job done.

Pros

I like that Drupal is a pretty easy platform to navigate yourself. It's nice to have both a "staging" and "editing" mode so that you can really see the content before its published. I also like that Drupal keeps it simple for the most part on options.

Cons

Drupal could definitely be improved by offering more options and customization. The platform can be limited for content that includes long or large files.

The great CMS

It was extremely challenging to begin with the item yet I discover the adaptability more than compensating as I see a limitless roof in creating with the item.

Pros

The adaptability this gives to keep growing a site makes it precious. The people group around the undertaking is stunning and has given magnificent modules to get a site going without any problem.

Cons

One being zero ability to see on the guide of the item that settles on it hard to take speculation choices and second is absence of client assistance in a hurry.

The platform requires minimal configuration

Pros

CMS Drupal is probably the only engine that does not require complex configuration. All SEO parameters are normally configured even in the boxed version. Another big plus is that the kit comes with several good modules for expanding functionality.

Cons

The editor limits the layout options. The graphical interface uses the DS + FG body kit, so most of the elements can not simply be transferred from the layout to the web page. I need to know html well, without this, it is better not to work with Drupal.

Drupal is still in the top 10 website platforms

Setup is kind of ruff if you are not a Drupal website developer. I recommend hiring a pro from the get-go. However, once the setup was complete and I found everything I needed, the website was very secure and also works perfectly every time I use it.

Pros

The business directory platform on Drupal is one of the easiest and most reliable I have used. I have way fewer issues with the business directory module than I have with my other website platforms overall.

Cons

Setup is very time-consuming and difficult. I ended up hiring an expert to finish the job because I couldn't get everything up and running on my own.

The most powerful CMS + Website builder

Pros

100% free and opensource! You can use Drupal to code and design your website, CMS or eCommerce website. The platform is quite powerful and secure (the White House uses Drupal for their website!). For developers, Drupal is quite organised in the way it manages its code, and as with many modern coding platforms, codes can be reused and recycled. Drupal being open-source allows you to find many solutions for issues you face through the community. And Drupal community continues to grow daily.

Cons

Drupal has a steep learning curve, so if you are looking to setup a simple blog or CMS, I advise you to check Wordpress or Joomla.

Very powerful CMS with steep learning curve

My first encounter with Drupal was some time ago, and I immediately noticed this CMS was not very easy. While with such CMSs as Joomla I was able to setup and run a simple website in a matter of minutes, Drupal required much more effort. Then recently I participated in a project when we were moving a client from custom-built CMS to Drupal. During this project I felt the power of Drupal and its plugins....

Pros

* Very powerful CMS with lots of features * Tons of plugins (lots of them are free) that will make your website even more powerful

Cons

* Pretty steep learning curve - you won't be able to setup Drupal and start using it immediately. You'll have to spend some time educating yourself. * Not very intuitive admin panel, you'll have to get acquainted to it before you'll be able to use all the power of Drupal

Drupal one of the best open source platforms out there

The flexibility of the platform makes it a perfect choice for all who want a feature rich, secure and powerfull platform.

Pros

Drupal is highly customizable and because of that you can do what you want and need. Lots of modules are already developed and ready to be used with some little adjustments.

Cons

The navigationals structure looks difficult at first, but when you are used to it it’s perfect. Ofcourse there are better vendors most of them not open source that provide a better experience.

Feature rich CMS

Pros

The feature rich CMS which gives flexibility to develope web apps. It is purposely used for the websites demanding custom content types and workflows. It gives functionality to create custom workflow rules for content management requirements. We can develop creative websites using it that too in very short time span. It provides the versatility giving features that we can use to develop any web app like, normal website, portals, e-commerce site, anything.

Cons

If you are first time user, it will be really very difficult for you to deal with it. Drupal is having comparatively complex structure for admin side. It gives many features, but again you have to be familiar with it before using it for web development. The simple update module task can become difficult if you are really new to it.

A Better Value Than WordPress

Drupal can be used as a standard website or in a "headless" mode to provide data to other sources.

Pros

The community support for this product is incredible. There are no licensing fees and the number of modules available to accomplish tasks is very good. Updates are all found in one location. Unlike WordPress there are no separate licenses for each plug-in, each having their own upgrade path.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep but once you have invested your time, this tool becomes a blank canvas.

A Mostly User-Friendly Web Editor Platform (Your Experience Will Vary)

Drupal has been a strong platform so far. We expect that our experience will continue to improve over time, so I can't wait to see where it takes us.

Pros

Our organization moved to Drupal for our website a year and a half ago. The initial reception of the website was so-so, but that has more to do with how our organization decided to set things up... The good news is that Drupal is, for the most part, a straight-forward, user-friendly platform. In my time building out content, I've found it to be pretty intuitive and easy to understand. I also understand that Drupal is an open-source platform, meaning that it will continue to develop and get better over time.

Cons

Some components of the webpage content can be tricky to move around, especially when shifting the order of content on a page. Site structure is also not always the most obvious, but that may also be the way our organization set things up. A lot has to do with how your tech team sets things up from the start.

My preferred website builder

We built our second iteration of our website with Drupal, after being on Wordpress. I've since worked with the latest Wordpress again and I really prefer Drupal. I recommend it for any new clients and try to take its free lessons online regularly so I'm always current on new features. I feel also that Drupal is superior in security.

Pros

THe flexibility of Drupal while it is still user-friendly wins every time. Other sitebuilders like WP and Webflow are extremely feature rich, but harder to use day-to-day. Simpler builders like Wix and Squarespace are great for newbies, but not as flexible. Drupal floats that line so anyone can use it but experts can make so much more of it. And it's free!

Cons

Image sizing did kind of limit us with our blogs - there were strict requirements on aspect ratio that I didn't find very helpful. However, that may have since been resolved or a limitation we placed on ourselves for consistency.

Most powerful open source CMS

I've been building website with Drupal for about 8 years and it allowed me to deliver websites that I would not have been able to code from scratch.

Pros

You can build almost anything with Drupal. The flexibility and scalability of it outperforms other well known CMS solutions such as WordPress. The quality control in place for submitted modules (aka plug-ins in WP) and themes means that you don't have worry about hidden malicious code. The Drupal community give so much and ask for so little in return.

Cons

The out-of-the-box UI isn't as user friendly as WordPress and it isn't as quick and easy to setup as WP. There isn't as much variety of modules and themes available for Drupal as compared to WP. Becoming a Drupal developer means you will have a larger learning curve BUT you'll also have a far more powerful "tool-belt" at the end of the day.

Difficult but powerful CMS

Pros

I work with CMS Drupal almost every day. It's great that the toolbar can be changed to my own requirements. For example, remove an unnecessary tool and add the one that I often use.

Cons

CMS Drupal is definitely not for beginners. I have more than 5 years of experience working with sites, but it was still hard to figure out the first time. But if you have been developing websites for a long time and are looking for a good CMS, then Drupal will suit you.

Drupal more then just websites

I have been using drupal since drupal 6 where I helped manage qualcomm.com I still use drupal today but for a much more decoupled experience with a angular front end and rest powered backend. It has been great working with drupal and seeing it improve and where it is going.

Pros

Great community support, frequent updates.

Cons

Open issues in forums for community modules that are years and years old. Sometimes there is a very critical patch required that sites get hacked if they are not all up to date all the time.