iCloud Reviews

4.6

How would you rate iCloud?

Pros

Apple customer support is just the best, they really try to help you with whatever they can and they have helped me restore my password to my account that had all my data.

EE

Eslam E.

I like that it exists, and it's good to backup important things. I wish they gave you more space for free.

SB

Seth B.

I love how easy it is to connect all things iCloud with my iPhone. I found this especially useful for backing up my devices and sharing photos.

JO

Jack O.

Cons

I personally struggled with iCloud, finding my docs once they were uploaded, uploading, I felt like I was missing pieces, I was always concerned about losing things.

JK

Jennifer K.

My account has been hacket but i can not recover all my phone and... lost it.

es

ebrahim s.

Most Apple products specifically require iCloud to function properly, which is difficult due to Apple’s lack of specialized software with no alternate options.

CK

Chelsea K.

Sync and forget it!

Transcript

Bobby M.: Hey, I'm Bobby, I'm the director and I give iCloud a five out of five. If you want more reviews...

Easy to use cloud

Pros

The integration with Apple device "ecosystem" is incredible. Whether you're accessing from a mobile device, desktop, or web - the look and feel is pleasing.

Cons

The included storage is only 5GB. This is quite a limitation considering that the "free" tier of other products is between 10GB and 15GB. Since the backup of mobile devices eats into this storage space, it makes purchasing a higher tier of storage almost necessary.

Easy and Intuitive

I wanted to move more of my workflow away from Google. I have been very happy with iCloud. I appreciate the clean interface and the more useful search results when looking for documents. The online portal also provides rudimentary versions of Apple's basic office software, access to email, calendaring etc. all in one place.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate, locate and organize files. The layout is very clean and flexible, both through the web view and the native app.

Cons

iCloud naturally wants to group files by their Mac application type rather than prompting to save in a user created folder. Due to the excellent search features, this is not a problem and I am coming to appreciate the logic of this system.

Difficult to use and expensive

Pros

iCloud did become easier to use along the years but I still do not believe that it's the best cloud system out there. I only use it because I have an iphone but even for loyal iphone users, they charge so much for limited space.

Cons

The fact that they only allow you a small storage for free, also the fact that it wasn't user-friendly although it did become better over the years. The cloud should really be more generous for iphone users and shouldn't be charging so much for limited space.

iCloud Customer Review

I'm a heavy user with 2 mac computers, 3 ipads, 2 iphones and a watch. I use several apps and documents stored in a paid 2TB cloud storage, mostly because of the integration with the platform and the option to attach files in almost every available app. I also like the "smart storage" the system has, where heavy files are not downloaded to the device to avoid disc space usage.

Pros

I'm mostly an Apple user , so I decided to move all my data storage to iCloud due to the integration with the platform and devices

Cons

Sometimes the sync fails and the only solution is to logout and login back to restart the process, but it also affects otter features like predetermined device sync preferences, and have to set them up all over again

Icloud is the best

Pros

I love love love the fact that anytime I switch to a new device that i can easily recover all of my files from iCloud. It updates files on the daily so you don't have to ever worry about losing anything. Even if you have to pay for additional storage, iCloud prices are affordable and cost little to nothing. Great investment.

Cons

Sometimes when im locked out of my phone it's hard to recover my password , especially the time that my email was compromised. But other than that, I have no complaints.

I cloud is good but could be better compared to competitors.

Pros

What I love the most about the software is that is easy and very convenient to use when you need it ASAP.

Cons

The search and sort feature need to be tweaked a bit especially when you have a business that uploads lots of documents to icloud and may need a certain file right away.

Can’t go wrong with iCloud!

Pros

This is an incredibly valuable source for our team of photographers. With multiple members, service times, and collaboration with other departments, iCloud has been a game changer.

Cons

This has been a great product for us! Highly recommend.

Love ICloud! Use it for my business and personal product!

Love it!! I will continue to use it!

Pros

The best features about iCloud is the mobile of it. You can use it on any device. Anywhere. It’s easy to use between multiple devices. I love it for my business and personal account

Cons

More business fictions and capabilities! I would love to have my storage and ideas to use

cloud apple, indispensabile e utiile per gli utilizzatori della mela

Pros

è un componente essenziale del mondo apple, condiviso da più device, gestione famiglia, repository, store di foto, indispensabile

Cons

i giga disponibili gratuitamente sono troppo limitati dam mio punto di vista, vero che l'upgrade è comunque un costo accessibile.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

iCloud as a cloud storage option

My overall experience with iCloud is excellent as a cloud storage software for someone that has more than one Apple device.

Pros

What I like most about iCloud is the fact that it is inexpensive, very secure, and I have instant access to the items that I save to it on any of the Apple devices that I have.

Cons

The only thing that don't like about iCloud is that it automatically saves items from just about all the apps downloaded onto my Apple devices, meaning that if I don't want this to happen I have to take the time to unclick the ones I don't want to do this with.

Great Online Storage - especially when you are in the Apple ecosystem

Using various Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and a Macbook) it mostly just works in the background and you hardly ever notice its there at all. Like with all cloud storage services gone are the days of loosing a bunch of files because of a hard drive failure, gone are the days of 'oh that's on my computer at home, I cannot access it right now'.

Pros

Within the Apple Ecosystem iCloud works behind the scenes, mostly unnoticed. Purchasing it with an AppleONE subscription is a great deal.

Cons

If you work with non-Apple devices it works, but is nowhere close to as seamless as it is within Apple's walled garden. There is still a lot of software that does not sufficiently support iCloud (or vice versa) and file sharing is not its strength (it is possible, but not comparable in ease of use to dropbox)

Why you should use iCloud to store your files

My overall experience is excellent! I can manage my files anywhere, store them and delete not necessary ones, and it helps me during work routine because I don't have to keep deleting everything to free up space.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it has a low cost for a big space storage, and I can upload my files and organize them neatly, without further issues. The sync feature is also great, which allows me to free up space on my iphone or macbook, or any other mac device, and even access my files without internet connection.

Cons

Personally I didn't find any cons, so far, but I would advise new users to organize well their files, or they may get very lost! And please do research what is the best storage for your budget, Apple had offered me a good deal with this one!

Great for General Cloud Storage, but as much for iOS Syncing

My overall experience with iCloud has been great, as I have been able to store numerous amounts and types of files using the service, and have then been able to easily and efficiently get a hold of them whenever necessary by using the search/filter option. I also find that sharing files with others directly through the cloud is an efficient process, which is also very convenient when compared to the alternative, which would require the downloading of files and then separate emailing/texting of them. Overall, great service and would definitely recommend.

Pros

What I like best about iCloud is its fantastic ability to store a wide range of files in the cloud, regardless of their format, whether it be a simple text document or a video made by using a complicated external software. I also very much like that the service is free to use if an immense amount of cloud storage is not needed, and that the service is accessible to people who do not even use the iOS software on their primary mobile device and/or tablet. Lastly, I like that iCloud can be accessed using virtually any device that is connected to the internet, whether it be a smartphone, tablet, desktop, or laptop. Overall, it is a great service for anyone looking for decent cloud storage capabilities.

Cons

The one aspect of iCloud that I think can be further worked upon is its ability to sync more information from iOS devices, rather than just the default apps created by Apple such as notes, calendar, photos, etc. In other words, it would be convenient if all, or at least most, of the third party apps on a user's iPhone or iPad can also be synced to the desktop/laptop version of iCloud whenever someone is attempting to access the cloud that way. Other than that one small aspect of the service, I cannot point out anything else that can be considered a con, which is a great thing when considered overall.

iCloud provides a great cloud solution for Apple users, but is not designed for business use.

iCloud has had plenty of growing pains over the years - originally starting as iTools, rebranded as .Mac (dot Mac), MobileMe, and finally iCloud. During the years many features have come and gone, and during each transition there have been major changes. However, the iCloud feature-set has been relatively stable for nearly a decade now, with features being added or tweaked, but not removed. At this point, iCloud can very much be described as a mature product - and an essential product for Apple users.

Pros

iCloud is built-in to all Apple devices, and as such is seamless to setup and use. In addition, iCloud is more than just cloud storage, as it provides a robust suite of apps and tools including: Keynote, Numbers and Pages; Email, Calendar, and Reminders; iCloud Keychain (a password keeper); Find My device support (allowing you to find your lost or misplaced Apple devices); mobile device backups, and iCloud Drive which is akin to Dropbox or Google Drive. Additionally, iCloud storage is reasonably priced starting at only $1/month for 50GB of storage up to $10/month for 2TB of storage. My favorite feature is iCloud Photos, which allows you to sync all of your photos across all of your devices, with desktop and mobile app counterparts allowing for robust organization and editing.

Cons

There are two big downsides to iCloud: 1.) While many of the features will work on a PC, iCloud is designed specifically for Apple devices and users. 2.) While iCloud can be used in a business environment, it is very much designed for personal use as there is no central management console to manage multiple users. The closest you can get is an iCloud for Family plan - which is limited to 6 users. In addition, while there is a free tier of iCloud, it is limited to a total of 5GB of storage across all devices and all features.

iCloud review from my perspective

I enjoy several features of the iCloud service, including the simplicity with which backups can be performed, as well as the speed with which they can be performed directly on the iPhone. I dislike the five GB of space they provide the user with; it should be more. I use iCloud to save the most valuable videos and photos possible for backup purposes and backup WhatsApp.

Pros

The most valuable feature of I Cloud is how you can store your data for business or personal use in a secure location without having to worry about it. In recent years, as data and required documents and images increased, it became difficult to maintain storage, and you were forced to bring several devices. With I Cloud, you no longer needed to.

Cons

A reliable and effective method of storing documents and files for Apple product users, where your files and data are protected, is a proper backup solution. It's has an excellent user interface; I've been using it effectively for two years without encountering a single problem. The only thing that needs to be revised is the pricing structure, as it varies by country and by length.

Best cloud solution for Iphone, Mac users

I am using icloud almost daily for my personal cloud data movements.

Pros

I really love the simplisity and the integrations that icloud provides. If you have an iphone, mac or any other apple product or several - icloud is a best cloud solution for you.

Cons

Pricing often can be an issues, here, I would really appreciate more flexible plans and solutions for students and families.

iCloud - The Default Storage Choice for Apple Users

Pros

iCloud is Apple’s answer to Google Drive and other online storage options. I have used it for slightly over 2 years and there are some areas where it works and other areas where it doesn’t work. Here are my thoughts on it: 1. iCloud works better if you in the Apple ecosystem. If you live and breathe Apple, iCloud can seem magical and wonderful all in one. It works for syncing documents, contacts and...

Cons

As mentioned before, I do not think 5GB cloud storage makes any sense in 2019. I found that within a few weeks, I was already using 90%+ of my storage. If you have a Windows laptop, I wish you good luck making iCloud work well there. You may download an app that installs it on your computer but it seems it is only good for iCloud Photos but it is not as intuitive and functional as if you were on a Mac or iOS device. I am also not sure if iCloud can be business friendly, it seems more tailored to individuals and families. If you ask me, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive do more on the business front compared to Apple. So for personal use, yes sure, but for business, you are better off looking elsewhere.

One of the best cloud storage service

iCloud is very useful in backing up and storing my files on the cloud space. It help me to clear my phone storage and i only store important file and document on my phone that i usually need it for offline access.

Pros

Using iCloud to saving all my contact information, photo, video, audio and document to the cloud storage is very smooth and effective with this application. It has no file size limitation on how small or big the files that i am uploading to the storage. Changing from my old phone to my new phone is no problem as i can access to my files back as long i am using the same apple id with it.

Cons

Managing the files and emails on this application is quite headache. The searching feature is too slow in showing the result and often, it returned a result that are not matching with the keyword that i have entered. The synchronized process also quite slow and takes some time for it to be shown on the my other device.

Great for ease of mind

Easy to use and gives you ease of mind. Have your tech be safe and backed up.

Pros

It takes the stress out of carrying your phone and laptop with you, you know your work is going to be safe and easy to access.

Cons

Sometimes it’s too limited on what you want to do, but the benefits outweighs the cons.

Convenient storage service for Apple users

I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

Pros

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

Cons

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

Have all your files backed up

In my job I have to save many files, images and notes, with iCloud I can have access to all my files that I keep on my iPhone and iMac and as I take up space I buy the plan that best suits my needs, and I can access these files From any device with my Apple ID, iCloud is accessible from anywhere and from any Apple device or web browser. In my experience, iCloud has the advantage that it syncs very well across all Apple devices. makes automatic backups so my documents are always up to date.

Pros

I like iCloud since this service gives me the opportunity to save and sync files such as images. photos, documents, videos, contacts, books, audiobooks, and the best of all is that they are in a safe place, the best thing about iCloud is that it syncs very well with all apple devices and has one of the best securities compared to other cloud storage services.

Cons

I don't like that they only give 5 GB of free cloud memory, since google drive give 3 times more cloud storage.

Incredibly easy to use, integrates with the Apple ecosystem perfectly

Pros

The ease of use and instant syncing is the best part of iCloud. It just works, as Apple liked to say in the old days. I love being able to pick up any device and have everything I need. I use the 2TB plan, which is an incredible value, and is more storage than I personally will ever need I suspect. If you use Apple devices, there's really no reason not to have an iCloud account, and usually to pay for at least the 200GB tier, unless you really use very little data.

Cons

The only real drawback would be if you use Android or Windows devices, you get less access to features, though some still work. And the Photos syncing to a Mac is sometimes slow.

Better use iCloud for Apple product

Pros

I've used various cloud storage services before, but for a few reasons, iCloud is my favorite. Considering I solely use Apple products, iCloud is really useful. On both the iPhone and the Mac, the integration is seamless. It's simple to set up and use, and you can access the cloud from any of the other Apple devices. iCloud is software with the free option with plenty of cloud storage, and the subscription plan is incredibly affordable for such a good amount of space you get.

Cons

I've had a few issues with iCloud, such as my images not being immediately uploaded to the iCloud and then not being able to view documents stored on my Mac from my phone. The majority of the time, iCloud operates smoothly, but sometimes, one of these bugs occurs. Fortunately, customer service is great, and problems are always resolved quickly.

Best cloud storage for iPhone

I really have a wonderful experience for almost 4 years working with this application. It can be use to store my work files and document, along with my personal files like my picture and video from the phone.

Pros

I really like that iCloud offer a good protection and security for my files and media stored in the software. My files will readily available on all my other Apple device like my iPad and my MacBook as it will synchronized it across my all device. It is also cheap to adding more storage size to it.

Cons

It is only convenient to use it with Apple product. Use it from android device or from Windows based device will lose all the automation to synchronized the data automatically. Other than that, i don't have anything more to complain about this software as they work really well with my apple device.

iCloud is something that I can't live without!

Whether I'm in the office, sitting at a coffee shop, or traveling and in a hotel room, my files are always with me! I'm more productive as I always have access to update them. When I have free time they are always with me to continue my project and I can do it on whatever device I have with me! No longer is a file sitting on my 'desktop' and I'm on the road!

Pros

The fact that my files/photos are always with me is so important! They are instantly synched across all my Apple devices so a file I was working on in the office is still with me when I get home... or to the coffee shop where I can continue my work on whatever device I have with me. It allows me to choose what files I want synched thereby allowing me to control how much storage space I need. And additional storage space is pretty inexpensive. The convenience of having my work with me without having to download files to a thumb drive/portable hard drive, etc. before leaving is such a time saver! It allows me to always be prepared to discuss a current project!

Cons

I haven't found a downside to this software! It's awesome!