All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

iCloud Reviews

Pros

Ease of use is rather intuitive and above all one of the important elements is that you can find your files, photos, etc. directly on your other Apple products. It's a superb solution on that side.

Florian M.

Read the full review
This is a great example of how iOS users are so loyal to their Apple devices. ICloud works great and ensures your entire house is synced up and really makes life a lot easier.

Read the full review
I really love the simplisity and the integrations that icloud provides. If you have an iphone, mac or any other apple product or several - icloud is a best cloud solution for you.

Yaroslav K.

Read the full review

Cons

I hate that I can't edit documents in the cloud, the UI is confusing, especially when trying to share your data with the family members on your plan.

Read the full review
You will experience non-stop synching issues once you get a large iCloud drive or photos library, and since it is designed to "just work" there are no controls or settings to stop it.

Craig R.

Read the full review
It get's pricey on the higher spectrum of storage requirements and given all the competitors it is hard to justify paying that much.

Read the full review

Peace of mind at a low cost

I can have access to all the photos of my work without having to take up space on my devices. And of course peace of mind!

Pros

What I like most about Icloud is how simple and fast it is. You don't have to take care of anything and it does it automatically. I am from Argentina, and although the exchange rate to the dollar is high, it is still convenient. I broke my phone a year ago, and I only had to enter the web and download my photos and contacts, until I could buy a new one.

Cons

sometimes if I'm in a rush, and I want to see an old photo, if I don't have a good internet connection it takes a while to download. But that's the only drawback I've found so far.

Best cloud solution for Iphone, Mac users

I am using icloud almost daily for my personal cloud data movements.

Pros

Cons

Pricing often can be an issues, here, I would really appreciate more flexible plans and solutions for students and families.

Convenient storage service for Apple users

I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

Pros

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

Cons

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

For many-device or heavy backup/cloud sync needs, stay far away or use additional backup solution

Pros

When I first used with just an iPhone and an iMac, everything worked pretty well and there is really no configuration. Current plans and family sharing make it a pretty affordable cloud/sync option for everyday users.

Cons

iCloud isn't a true backup-type solution (even iCloud Drive) and once I became a power user and added another Macbook, Apple TV, and Apple Watch, it became a living nightmare once it broke. After 6 months I am still trying to piece together all my files and photos to ultimately get off iCloud as best I can. Apple makes it nearly impossible not to use iCloud somewhat. You will experience non-stop...

Good cloud storage for Apple user

Setting icloud to backing up all my data and files from various type of device that i own like iPhone and macbook into central storage has gives benefit to me. Even-tho they only offers a small size storage space for free, upgrading to bigger storage space doesn't cost me much.

Pros

iCloud is free to use for any user with apple id. Storing my contact list and all my personal files like photos and video is seamless with this software. I feel very safe storing my my private data here as we all know apple has one of the best security for its software.

Cons

iCloud is only great to be paired with apple device. I had a problem trying to opening my files on my android tabs and keep on interrupting my transfer process. There are some news that that user iCloud storage has been hacks, but if they are using the encryption keys i will greatly decrease the chances to getting hack.

ICloud You

Overall of using Icloud was not happy due of a 5gb capacity of it and if you travel all the time you will see to your phone that apple will send would you like to upgrade you gb usages.

Pros

You can download some datas and photos but with the limited Gb status.

Cons

ICloud usages are very small even no cannot download everything. Icloud is asking a payment if you want to widen up yours storage. Icloud is not a friendly user due everytime you update your phone and plug it to itunes all of your details will remove.

Great product

Great platform and vehicle to use. I recommend this instead of using google

Pros

iCloud is a great way for expanding space when space is filled on your device. The cloud is user friendly and able to have information available

Cons

I wish the pricing would be a little lower when it comes to space as it seems we never needed this with the first 1-7 iphones

Umm get it lol

Love it and have to have it.

Pros

It holds my life. No seriously everything in one place. Photos documents it is all there when I need it and all in one place.

Cons

There has never been an issue for me. I have not had a single problem.

Segurança e tranquilidade em salvar documentos pessoais

No geral foi uma experiência incrível, me passou muita segurança saber que as fotos da minha família estavam em um local seguro. Ao longo dos 5 anos utilizando o iCloud em meu iPhone fui armazenando muitas fotos que eu não lembrava, ao acessar o site consigo ver um panorama completo das minhas memórias, acho isso fantástico!

Pros

A interface é muito segura e simples, consigo acessar documentos meus com mais de 4 anos de maneira simples e rápida. Sou usuário há 5 anos da plataforma, nunca tive nenhum problema.

Cons

Eu gostaria de uma opção que não fizesse a sincronia diretamente com o Macbook, pois o Mac tem pouca memória e o iCloud acabava ocupando um espaço grande com fotos e arquivos que não eram necessários no MacBook. A princípio seria minha única reclamação, pois pesquisei muito e não consegui solucionar esse problema.

A must have for Apple user

iCloud is the must have for Apple user as it can be connected to all the apple device that i have and shares the content of the storage easily.

Pros

With iCloud, i mange to backup all of my file and media like photo and video on the cloud and prevent if from clogging in my phone storage.

Cons

They only offer a very small storage space in size of only 5GB and need to pay for they add-on storage.

iCloud - The Default Storage Choice for Apple Users

Pros

iCloud is Apple’s answer to Google Drive and other online storage options. I have used it for slightly over 2 years and there are some areas where it works and other areas where it doesn’t work. Here are my thoughts on it: 1. iCloud works better if you in the Apple ecosystem. If you live and breathe Apple, iCloud can seem magical and wonderful all in one. It works for syncing documents, contacts and...

Cons

As mentioned before, I do not think 5GB cloud storage makes any sense in 2019. I found that within a few weeks, I was already using 90%+ of my storage. If you have a Windows laptop, I wish you good luck making iCloud work well there. You may download an app that installs it on your computer but it seems it is only good for iCloud Photos but it is not as intuitive and functional as if you were on a Mac or iOS device. I am also not sure if iCloud can be business friendly, it seems more tailored to individuals and families. If you ask me, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive do more on the business front compared to Apple. So for personal use, yes sure, but for business, you are better off looking elsewhere.

iCloud Review

I would say overall I would give iCloud good marks and am very happy with it. I do however think only 5GBs of "basic" level storage is too little; I feel Apple should offer more! I find it very fast, efficient and stable so that makes my day personally and professional work well!

Pros

I primarily use iCloud as a storage place for passwords, contacts and a choice amount of items (photos, music, etc.) in my personal day to day world. I mostly find it to be simple and seamless but do find it fills up quick and then the philosophical questioning of should I pay for more storage and how much do I need cross my mind. As I mentioned below I had a major "merge" issue, but rank Apple's customer service in very high regards for addressing and solving problems!

Cons

I think the pricing is a bit much and there are times I prefer as much of the items I would potentially store on iCloud to simply be on my hard drive and/or phone ONLY. Call it security fear but on occasion I think that way and thus the price scares me off. I do not use a MAC anymore (back to PC) so the occasional sync issues do occur. The biggest issue I ever had personally was when I left a job, had a separate iCloud log in and had major issues merging the accounts.

Almost perfect

Pros

1) Integrated into Mac, iPhone and iPad, so there is nothing to do, set up or think about. You can just start using it. 2) Very stable and reliable. I have never had any problems or issues with it duplicating a file that has been edited on different devices. 3) Very fast. When I change a file on a local device it is instantly uploaded to iCloud. 4) Wonderful web interface: The interface for accessing your files via the web is wonderful. It is almost as good as a native app with the exception of it being a little slow. 5) Competitively price storage: The free plan comes with 5GB storage. Extra storage can be added at a compeitive price.

Cons

iCloud only has one drawback which is the lack of the ability to set your own encryption key for your files. In many ways this is only a minor issue because Apple have exceptional security. However, if someone ever managed to hack into Apple servers, then your data would be compromised. If it was possible for you to set a personal encryption key, this would not be an issue.

iCloud

I love that I am apple to access everything that I use and would need at any time on all of my apple devices.

Pros

The best part of icloud is that is seamlessly syncs photos apps, and just about anything connected to your apple devices. I love that I am also able to access the information on my children's devices as well.

Cons

I don't like the amount of storage that is given for free. It seems small when multiple devices can be attached to one cloud. However, it is easy to purchase more storage.

Easy cloud-based file storage and sharing

Pros

iCloud supports users in two key ways. First, it allows users to store their mac files remotely, which means that someone working from home on a desktop could then arrive at work and use an alternate desktop/laptop to access the same files, as if using the same computer. Second, it operates as a potential backup. I spilled water on my laptop and it wouldn't turn back on. I quickly turned on another computer that also shared my iCloud files, and all of my work--including what I had just been developing--showed up. If it weren't for iCloud, I wouldn't have those files anymore.

Cons

The sharing is designed to be seamless, but as a result there are limited ways in which users can easily select or make modifications to what is stored in iCloud and what is not. This is a result of Apple wanting to make the experience as invisible and frictionless as possible, but as a user who likes to modify my software to suit my needs, I wouldn't mind a bit more hands-on control.

iCloud Reviwe - Sebastian Van Hemert

Overall, I have had a positive experience with iCloud. I just wish it can adjust its prices because that I believe that if a customer already has an Apple product, they should automatically be entitled to more storage and for free.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is its compatibility with all of my Apple products. I have an iPhone, a Macbook Pro, and an iPad Mini, and I am able to sync the data between all three devices through this service. Also, I like how I can access iCloud through any web browser by utilizing the iCloud website. This has helped me when I have needed files from my iCloud but was using my assigned Chromebook when I was in high school. This feature does not serve me that much now but I understand how it can be useful. One of the most useful features of iCloud is its capability to create space on my iPhone because I usually purchase iPhones with the least amount of storage.

Cons

I do not like how expensive iCloud can be in comparison to its competitors such as Google Drive, which offers more space for free. Right now, I have an iCloud plan that is $0.99/month and it can only do so much. My phone is constantly telling me to upgrade plans because I have reached my iCloud storage limit but instead I just use Google for that extra space. I still keep my iCloud service, though, because it is useful up until where it gets me.

iCloud - seamlessly backs up all your Apple devices

It worked and did my backup - the free storage they offer isn’t big enough for anything larger than a cell phone. If you take a lot of photos you will fill it quickly, and if you do video, forget it - the free service will be almost useless so you will be forced to upgrade, but the included iCloud will hold your address book, notes, and smaller files just fine

Pros

Sharing with putters was a pleasure while maintaining the privacy of your own information. I upgraded to a larger cloud storage and we could store a LOT of data securely.

Cons

They did not automatically cancel my smaller storage when I upgraded to a larger storage and I was charged for two storage capacities - for I have no idea how long - and when COVID hit and I lost my income, I had to cancel the additional bill monthly. They are one more way you get nickled and dimed now - monthly fees every time you turn around...

Great integration for apple users

Great family packages option but need more visibility and information on how family storages can be keep individual identify and not mix all the data

Pros

Easy backup for all your books, files, photos and easy share across your devices Unlimited device accessibility

Cons

A bit pricey Free storage can be incremented to at least 15GB and monthly plans be fine tuned

iCloud makes using Apple Products easier

Pros

iCloud is a cloud storage service for iOS and Mac products. It offers in its basic version free storage of up to 5 GB which can be extended with a paid plan. Especially with Apple products, iCloud integrates well and for example synchronizes photos, messages, etc. and stores them for a quick backup when needed. But iCloud does more than that. The online website of iCloud gives access to contacts and email but also to several other programs like Pages, to make presentations, work on text documents, etc.

Cons

iCloud only works well with Apple products. So if you use for example Windows and Mac Computers or an Android and an iOS smartphone, there is no way to use iCloud without any issues. On the other hand, Google and its cloud services work fully on both Apple and Android devices as well as on Windows, Linux, etc.

Lots Of Storage For Minimal Cost

Overall, iCloud has functioned just how I expected. Paying the $0.99 for 50GB of storage is basically a necessity for iPhone users, as with all the media, apps, and upgrades on your device, the free storage can be used up very quickly. It is easy to upgrade to the 50GB plan, which seamlessly links to your existing Apple ID and any other Apple devices you have.

Pros

The cost for 50GB is only $0.99/mo, which is great. Links automatically to your Apple ID, so there is not setup required. Can easily choose which files to save to iCloud, and have quick insight into your storage use through any Apple product. Can back up multiple products under one Apple ID to iCloud.

Cons

Not the easiest to utilize from PC if you're not a Mac user, but that is to be expected. Google Drive is starting to become a bigger competitor to iCloud with more storage available for a similar rate.

Perfect Cloud

Cloud storage services make our daily lives easier, so icloud provides a large server space and is able to send and receive your files from wherever they are, with reliability and speed.

Pros

It was created by Apple is a cloud storage system, offers users to store their data such as videos, photos, documents, music and others, keeping everything accessible, whether from the smartphone or computer. iCloud is not just for storing files, you can use the cloud to save your iPhone iPod or iPad backup, making it accessible when you need it. I have several positive reasons for using it, such as having the convenience of synchronizing all content, accessibility to manage storage and security.

Cons

It is not compatible with Android and other operating systems, and if your data is out of sync and moved, it can be lost.

iCloud Review

iCloud keeps my photos and documents safely backed up and works in the background without my having to think much about it. That's my kind of product.

Pros

I really appreciate that iCloud works seamlessly with my apple devices and allows things to sync between them. I haven't had to think much about iCloud after I set it up because it just works in the background all the time. It's very reassuring to know my data is backed up if something happens to my device. I also love the price to increase my storage is very low and not tied to purchasing anything else (like products with some other cloud storage options)

Cons

the amount of free storage isn't very large once you've been using it for sometime (i.e. I've had an apple phone since 2013 so you can imagine how many photos I've had).

iCloud saved my life

iCloud is a great tool, and it is something that I suggest that every apple user explores. Purchase more storage for all of your items. Trust me, it is worth it.

Pros

iCloud is always there to save the day! If your device decides to stop working on you, iCloud has your back. My phone recently just decided to not turn on ever again, and all of my personal, work, and professional organization items were stored in that phone Thankfully, iCloud continuously backed everything up (own its own I might add) and I was good to go once I got my new phone set up. You can always purchase more storage for a low price if you need it.

Cons

N/A. iCloud is a lifesaver. I truly can't think of a single thing that I dislike about it.

Worth paying for the extra storage

Overall, it’s a great software to have.

Pros

I like how it helps to alleviate clutter from my device.

Cons

I didn’t like that it erased all of my photos without back up.

Great but a little high, and Apple doesn't play ball with android of windows very easily..

I like them, don't get me wrong, but they kind of pressure you to sign up for more storage in a way that is not cool with me. I sold my iPhone because of it. They only give you 2GB or less and make all of your Apple devices use the same account. This results in you getting DOZENS of notifications every day telling you to upgrade and its very discouraging. If Apple doesn't start playing ball soon, they could end up tanking as a company, especially with Jobs gone.

Pros

Fast, decent price, and works well with Apple devices. The problem is that it doesn't work well with non-Apple devices at all.

Cons

I really wish Apple wasn't so stubborn. Being closed off to other operating systems may give them a little short term profit, but it is going to hurt their reputation in the long run. I think less of Apple because of their refusal to play ball with other companies and because of them stiffing their customers by refusing to move their phones to usb C even though they forced their laptops into it too early. This kind of mindset leaks into the iCloud use because it isn't compatible with as many devices. That is why I switched to google drive.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.