netTerrain DCIM  Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

manageengine-opmanager
manageengine-applications-manager

I like the grid option in addition to custom backgrounds to keep diagrams tidy. Easy routing of cables on a floor plan using quick bend point shortcuts.
As our group uses NetTerrain, we come up with things that would be nice to have the ability to do in NetTerrain. Graphical Networks listens and looks to see if it can happen.
No 'UNDELETE' function, as of yet in the application.
I don't like the way of designing and mapping expansion cards in devices.

Sean B.

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Knowledge is Power

Exceptional from the support team, to ease of use, to the reporting availability. It checkmarks everything I need, to see what is happening at the physical layer in our data center.

Pros

I have been a data center professional since 2011 and inherited an in house Access database of all our connections. Steep learning curve to know how to search and find what you are looking for. Our company did an RFP for a DCIM and picked Graphical Networks, for ease of use, meeting our requirements and cost. Our needs follow with an explanation of what NetTerrain provides. NetTerrain provides a...

Cons

No 'UNDELETE' function, as of yet in the application.

ER

EMILIO R.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

The only DCIM tool you need

Pros

It's a very visual and interactive tool. Easy to use, one can get started very quickly. netTerrain can be integrated with virtually anything. Very important are the customization features, such as reports.

Cons

The search needs to be tuned when surpassing 50,000 devices. Apparently a new search is coming up in version 10.

Daniel G.

501-1,000 employees

Excellent software for documenting the network.

Network and device information related to in a unique place and system.

Pros

* The layers feature is very useful to filter objects and not get lost in busy diagrams * Drag and drop to the diagram for easy data entry and rack mounting * Drag and drop of links makes the creation of connections easy * I like the grid option in addition to custom backgrounds to keep diagrams tidy * Easy routing of cables on a floor plan using quick bend point shortcuts * Exports to PDF, Visio and others directly from the client, without having to rely on server exports * Improved look and feel and usability with the latest version including ribbon menus

Cons

* The OSPF feature to find shortest paths is only available on per diagram basis. Since netTerrain supports Inter diagram links and cables, it would be nice if OSPF would support that too. * The excel bulk import functionality is not as intuitive because the column mapping uses generic labeling. I would like to have a drag and drop mapping functionality like the Integration Toolkit has. * The tool is packed with nifty functions and tricks but some of them are buried in the documentation or need to be clarified through support

KW

Keith W.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Net Terrain DCIM

Pros

Net Terrain has been very easy to use when compared to the old excel worksheets and tabbed rack elevation diagrams we had been using. The collector function of the software is outstanding when rolling in new Data Centers, or network closets. The support offered on any issue it utterly astounding. They are so involved in the good of the company at one point the president of the company actually came out to train our team. I highly recommend the product, as well as the people.

Cons

There have not been any cons to this product that I have been made aware of to this point. They work with the admins as well as the developers on a totally equally level.

DA

Dwayne A.

Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 employees

MAA PDS Admin

Pros

Ease of entries and quick views. Click and drag feature is a plus along with the support

Cons

I can’t think of one thing, this software does exactly what I need it to do in order for me to make entries and changes

MS

Mark S.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Just What I Was Looking For

Pros

I was having trouble finding a solution to do what I wanted. After hours of research I found Netterrain. Ease of use. Ability to get granular with documentation of fiber and data racks.

Cons

No Cons that I can think of. Overall good experience.

PD

Pasqualino D.

Software is very user friendly. It's a joy to be able to work with such ease.

Easy to ask questions

Pros

Software is wonderful, able to view cabinet layout, equipment, and connection at a touch of a button. Also use it for Power monitoring in cabinets, link to link connections and also view CLR

Cons

Work order management should be revamped!!!!! Doesn't fix our progress, the way it is now, it is useless in its certain state!!!

AN

Artur N.

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

ok

We document the infrastructure. Employees in the branches make online documentation. The documentation is current.

Pros

What I like most is visualization, reporting and the ability to design my own patterns.

Cons

I don't like the way of designing and mapping expansion cards in devices.

Joseph H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

This app has the best support I have seen

Network tracking ease of use.

Pros

Easy to use and very comprehensive. Easier to use then trying to document with visio or excel. I like the point to point connections that can be hidden when not actively in use. Great for diving down or high level look.

Cons

That we aren't buying more enhancements and licenses. Otherwise a great product. Keep up the good work.

201-500 employees

Quality software for documenting your environment.

Pros

-Highly customizable, plus the software is getting better with every version. -Customer service is top-notch.

Cons

Some functions can be a little confusing from time to time. Some diagrams with a lot of objects can slow down the client a bit. Note that we haven't upgraded to the newest version yet.