Plesk Reviews

Pros

I am hosting a website for my company and plesk it's perfect, much better than cPanel. Worked in past with it also on windows and does great job both on linux and windows server.

Constantin Catalin S.

I have had some great years with Plesk. Great price for the ease of use and functionality.

Joel H.

I really like that it is so easy to setup and that there is a great amount of information in the user forums and plesk help sections.

Joel H.

Cons

Pricey, lacking in features with terrible customer service.

Jon M.

Unfortunately I am having in trouble for use it outside Google Platform.

Cássio Henrique A.

Not so fast in loading speed compared to cPanel. The dashboard can often be confusing with so many menus and options.

Dominik L.

Makes life easy

Transcript

Andrew: Hi. My name is Andrew, I'm a managing director. I give Plesk five out of five stars. For more...

Secure and easy server management

I am very happy with Plesk as a web hosting management system. Its pricing is cheaper, features are great, now I do not have to worry about managing my secure server anymore.

Pros

Plesk is easy to set up, provides a feature-rich user interface for managing multiple websites. Supports Nginx, regular backup, and migration from popular web hosting management systems. The pricing for VPS with 10 domains starts at $11 per month which is an unbeatable price in the industry.

Cons

Plesk does not offer a single site license.

Easy to use, powerful and configurable

I work with multiple websites runing WordPress and others CMSs as PrestaShop or Drupal. Plesk let me configure and optimice every website hosting as I preffer with múltiple options: PHP versions, SSL, Backups, etc. Also, I can work with sync and bulks options. Of course, I can update all the software using web interface o CLI with my own scripts.

Pros

- PHP versions handler and nginx options for every website. - Full backup options: Incremental and integration with external sites - Fail2ban and others security options. - Extensions Catalog for more features - Updates manager for Plesk and OS system packages. - WordPress Tool Kit to work with this popular CMS most easy and with bulk options - Online control panel with intuitive dashboards and CLI options for Shell also - Manage easy Let's Encrypt and others SSL certificates for every website - Active 'User Voice' (plesk.uservoice.com)

Cons

- It isn't Open Source. - It needs better options for configure cache systems. - It needs more options for limit RAM/CPU and other resources by website/subscription/client. - It needs easy options for upgrade default PHP version for run by system/Plesk. - It needs Better support in spanish and others languages. - There isn't a lot of extensions in catalog - It needs more options for development stage easy with every website - It needs license plans more flexibles

Pricey, lacking in features with terrible customer service

Poor service, very expensive, wouldn't recommend.

Pros

It's reasonably easy to use, but not as many options as the price commands.

Cons

Expensive for what it is. Customer support is horrific. You buy through a reseller and all support has to go through them, massively increasing time for support. Features are lacking and the price is astronomical for how basic it is.

The best webhosting control panel that is supported on Windows hosting

Plex is very good for small and medium servers and medium-sized web hosting companies.

Pros

Plex is one of the very few web hosting control panel that is available for Windows as well as Linux. Plex has almost all the features need to manage a server and host websites or email. It offers many extensions.

Cons

Plex is less stable compared to cPanel. I once broke a development server while installing some Plesk components. It took a lot of time and google search to fix it. However, this happens rarely, so nothing to worry about too much.

Plesk - Making web servers easy to manage

I have been using Plesk for a long time, I always pick Plesk of other systems, even when it costs extra and I save in the long run with admin and server uptime. As Plesk has grown over the years I have had to do less and less outside of the Plesk interface. I have had nothing I need to do server admin wise outside of Plesk for the last few years due to the feature-rich interface.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use. Plesk has all the different server options in easy to understand sections ready to be customised.

Cons

When you want to do anything that Plesk can't do, can be hard to work out how to make the change or add the server tool you want.

Perfect for any hosting needs

Pros

Cons

That it sometimes can be a bit hard to find the needed function in the administration user interface.

One control panel to rule them all

It has been such an invaluable tool that we have designed our hosting business model around the product and now offer it as an exclusive panel option

Pros

Extremely simple to set up compared to competitors. It is responsive and resilient. Plesk comes feature rich with a vast extensions catalogue that will easily take care with the majority of needs asked of a control panel.

Cons

Price of extensions can easily add up and eat at your budget and profit margins. You also need to know what you are doing as you can break a server if you dig a bit too deep without having some experience.

Plesk has made my life so much easier!!!!!!!

I have been extremely happy with Plesk so far - I met some of the guys at WordCamp Nordic and they gave me an extended trial - the whole system has blown me away and I can't wait for the new version to come out :)

Pros

For a start it works - doesn't crash all the time like other web hosting software. It works with ubuntu instead of CentOS which is huge for me. It integrates amazingly well with AWS, especially RDS and Aurora databases. Having Ngnix as standard is huge, it was a real issue with cPanel ... and the LetsEncrypt system works great. The NewRelix integration makes life easier.

Cons

Generally, it's pretty good - it can be a pain to install integrations with PHP (datadog, sqreen, etc), but this is just a learning curve.

Build and maintain your web hosting

With Plesk, I am no longer spending time typing some long commands in secure shell window because I can do almost everything with nice and functional Plesk interface.

Pros

- one control panel to rule them all - manage all websites from one place - hundreds of plugins which extend the functionalities even greater - regular automatic updates - out of the box integration with cloud service providers like DigitalOcean, Vultr, AWS... - full SSH root access remains available so if I don't like something I can customize it the old fashioned way - amazingly good security and firewall integrated - WordPress toolkit is a must-have if you manage multiple WordPress websites - SSL integration with Let's Encrypt work flawlessly

Cons

- not so fast in loading speed compared to cPanel - the dashboard can often be confusing with so many menus and options - lack of support for Amazon Linux - a little bit more expensive if you are looking for a shared web hosting with Plesk installed but in most cases, you will be using Plesk on your own VPS or server

Simply the best

Came to Plesk from a proprietary panel, found the community heartwarming and their support spot on.

Pros

It's constantly updated, feature rich, strong disaster recovery features

Cons

It could have better built in antispam features

Excellent Software - The best panel out there!

Plesk has changed the way I and the other developers I work with operate. Plesk's built in analytics help us to monitor our server's performance and identify unwanted spikes in RAM, CPU and IO usage. The new dynamic site view is incredibly helpful, as it puts a variety of commonly used controls at your fingertips, without having to delve deep within various menus.

Pros

Plesk enables us to effecively manage all aspects of our server. From managing server-level processes to easily adding adding and customising client applications such as wordpress and joomla, Plesk makes web production infinitely easier than it would be with other well known panels.

Cons

The only con I can come up with is the price! Plesk does come with a cost, however that cost is more than worth it. The only improvement I can offer would be to make the service free, however understandably that would never happen. :)

Configure your server without being an expert

I use Plesk with several clients and for my own services. It saves me a lot of time to manage different services.

Pros

Plesk has a nice, easy and very intuitive design. It has great features and each upgrade is better than the last. You can configure domains, emails, services, etc. It is really easy to configure any part of your server and everything you need for your web application. It has integration with GIT, Docker, and much more... In addition you can see logs in real time, which is very useful when you have to detect any problem.

Cons

It could be a bit more economical, when you are a freelancer who has just started it is a bit expensive to pay month by month.

Plesk is The Best

Pros

Easy of use, Stability and security . No need to type codes or do endless searches on the net to find a solution (ignoring if it will make the server worse). plesk is so stable that you can sleep peacefully on both ears.

Cons

Missing an option that all admin want to have; country blocking

Easy to get up and Highest Features and Security

Pros

It's easy to install, it even has a once command installer that does all for you, more it's easy to use even for not so technical people on server part, it does automatic updates for you, security it top notch even checking for sql injections. You can even integrate it with git and pull your website fast and easy to the server.

Cons

Nothing, I like all about it, it's perfect.

Plesk is the

Pros

What can I say, Plesk is the go to server management software. It makes everything so easy. The UI is second to none and a single click can install applications, encrypt websites and run audits. I really like the login button on wordpress sites this makes updating wordpress a breeze. The add ons are all priced really well and the whole package offers value for money.

Cons

Overall the software is very user friendly, but it would be nice to be able to declutter some of the workspace and limit the amount of options. to enable the lest tech savvy members of the team to use it well.

Developer friendly

We prefer Plesk to work with SaaS projects, automate our work using Rest API, Git and composer to keep an updated and synced environment. We save unlimited amount of time uploading files manually and updating the system using Plesk and its tools.

Pros

With Plesk you get remote REST API that you can interact with the panel remotely, very useful for admins and developers who want to automate some features with their websites. I like Plesk Installer where I can select and install extensions, components and new PHP versions. Plesk gives you easy management of PHP handling as FPM, CGI or FastCGI. The Apache vs Nginx setup is so easy I can play with them...

Cons

The free version of Plesk (Web Admin SE) has some limits, and you need to upgrade to another version for more features.

A leader in web hosting control panels, if you can afford it.

We use Plesk as a control panel of our web hosting services for our clients, from the point of view of ease of use, clarity of information displayed, and manageable settings, it is a great tool.

Pros

* The administrative dashboard is very intuitive and easy to use. * Many options of additions. * Support for many technologies (several versions of PHP available, Docker and NodeJS). * It can be installed in many flavors of Linux, even in Windows * Integrates general security tools and a specific one for WordPress.

Cons

* Something expensive. * Many add-ons imply additional recurring costs. * The TCO of the solution tends to be elevated even for simple solutions. * Although normally it does not have security flaws, these exist. * Plesk handles the recurring collection of the license (either monthly or annually) through a third party, if it expires it can be a hell to renew it, make sure you never fall into that situation.

Plesk is Beautiful

My team and myself can easily learn just about anything quickly but Plesk is so much easier for clients to learn when moving from other platforms.

Pros

The admin interface is easy to use for my team and clients.

Cons

There was a small learning curve for new team members used to Cpanel but I think everyone likes working with Plesk.

Manage your own server

Plesk is a great centralized control panel with a lot of automation tools which helps us run our websites and email servers easily and faster, saving our precious time.

Pros

With Plesk managing, a web server is such an easy task. You no longer need to learn the complex syntax and command-line commands. Everything can be done with a simple, clean and yet powerful dashboard. Control panel provides many options to tighten the security of your websites or domain. Also, I enjoy using WordPress toolkit because it works without logging in to your WordPress dashboard. Everything can be automated or done with just a few clicks. Tasks running in the background are always in the lower right corner minimalized so you can do other things.

Cons

I don't like that for many extensions you have to pay additional licensing. Although hundreds of extensions are high-quality plugins, it would be nice that some of them are included in the monthly fee that we already pay when we are using Plesk.

Ability to run a small, yet profitable web hosting company

Plesk has enabled me to run a successful hosting business since 2004 with little expense which means room to make profit while competing on the value I add over larger hosting companies.

Pros

I've used plesk as my web hosting platform for about 15 years now. The latest incarnation runs on Amazon Web Services which makes it extremely easy and inexpensive to setup. The other big competitor is CPanel which in my opinion has fallen behind in development in comparison to Plesk. Web hosts pick one usually and get comfortable with that, but I believe Plesk to the most comprehensive and easiest to use for my hosting clients.

Cons

They need to work more on the user interface as it's hard to find your way around sometimes. But you can find out how to do what you need with a little looking around.

Must-have for software developers

Saves us a lot of time, so we have more time for developing awesome websites.

Pros

- No need to touch the command line anymore - Easy to use - Secure - Makes it possible to host over 400 websites

Cons

- Quite expensive for the Web Host edition with unlimited domains

Almost all is there

Very stable, support is very good. Evry issue solved in reasonnable time

Pros

Great for multi web site hosting. Ability to customize

Cons

Missing some essential functions (till now)

A must-have control panel for any hosting provider

It offers a complete hosting management platform and helps our business to administer our hosting environment.

Pros

Plesk gives all user roles (users, administrators, etc.) the power to perform any action required to maintain and control multiple websites alongside with everything that is included (databases, files, emails, etc.). Not only that the vast library of addons that cover every need that arises or is not covered by the main system. It is a highly configurable and expandable system that should be used on any hosting installation.

Cons

The only thing that is a bit frustrating is the initial difficulty in applying updates on the main system due to a misconfiguration of the ports that are required by Plesk.

Great to get started on

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate and it handles a lot of the tedious problems like security and maintains very well

Cons

Can be a steep learning curve when it comes to configuring the services

Excellent Control Panel Software

We started using Plesk in the early 2000's, the initial problems when upgrading especially have all been resolved. Everything now tends to work exactly as it should. Overall we're very happy with the product.

Pros

Awesome product that allows us to manage our smaller websites without having to set up all of the hosting software manually every time. It also allows the customer to manage their own email settings, databases, etc. Takes a lot of the support issues off our hands.

Cons

The only thing to dislike is every new version, things tend to be moved around a little bit. This is pretty typical of any software whether on the web or desktop software however. It's a fairly minor complaint. Plesk has come a long way since the beginning when we started using it.