All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

WebDrive Reviews

Pros

The ease of use and the functionality it provides. It's also very easy to set up the software for end users and the support is great.

Zachary L.

Tom W.

Vikramjit R.

Read the full review

Cons

The only thing I can criticize is the cost. I found the cost a little high.

Jinal P.

Read the full review
I don't have to had lots of different clients to access my data. No more FTP clients, Dropbox drives etc, it's all in WebDrive.

James L.

Read the full review
Transferring very large files can sometime cause the system to stop or hang up during a long down load or upload.

Kim R.

4.8

great support

brilliant. I just sent a support request and expected to wait a day. I had a full technical response in under 5 mins! amazing

Pros

it just works, never fails. half the time I forget it's there. just how good system software should be

Cons

It is a tad too expensive for those of us who are smaller businesses. But it works well so I guess I can't complain ;-)

Best, most feature-rich cloud-drive tool I've come across

Makes working with cloud and local files a lot easier. I's all withing a few clicks way. Want to copy some files drom OneDrive to Google Drive? Just cop and pste from Windows Explorer and you're done. It's pretty great.

Pros

I found out about WebDrive because I searched for a product that supported a wide rage of cloud storage services. I'm using it to mount my Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, STACK (WebDAV) and internal FTP server. Setting it up is easy and works fine. When you want to go deeper, there's a lot of options to tweak and improve performance. Overall, I'm very pleased with WebDrive.

Cons

The plethora of advanced options are a little overwhelming, and the manual isn't too clear on all of them. Lucily, Support helped me out with the few questions I had. The advanced options are a must if you want to improve performance, because Windows isn't too.. keen on a Google Drive drive, for instance. You'll want to do something with caching and other tweaks.

We are sorry that you had trouble with configuring advanced options. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please contact sales@southrivertech.com. We also have a library of videos that may be helpful to you. They can be viewed at: https://webdrive.com/video-tutorials/. If you have any suggestions for additional videos that may be useful, please do let us know!

Great software but one license per computer.

Pros

Easily access all of your online data without syncing everything to your computer. Automatically syncs files you use while you are online so you can use them when offline - great for a laptop.

Cons

Expensive. One license per computer even if same user. This negates the main benefit of having your data online unless you purchase multiple expensive licenses.

Thanks for your feedback on WebDrive. Most of our sales are to businesses, so the policy of one license per computer assures that companies pay for what they are using. For individual users, we are always happy to offer discounts on 1 or 2 additional licenses. If you are interested in additional licenses, please contact sales@southrivertech.com and we'll be happy to help. Thanks again for your feedback. Our team works really hard to offer the best products and support available.

Fast and reliable service

Ease of use is available. Providing a reliable service is one of the most important factors that makes this product useful. Because I am transferring data with peace of mind. I've had positive experiences.

Pros

I like that file transfer is easy and fast. It makes working with cloud and local files much easier. In addition, the fact that it offers a reliable service was one of the biggest factors in choosing this software. Security is always an issue when connecting, transmitting and accessing data on our servers, so it is a great choice for a reliable connection since we do not encounter such a problem in WebDrive. By mapping it to our WebDAV servers, it offers the convenience of being instantly connected at startup. Our credentials are encrypted and stored, making our connection effortless and secure.

Cons

The only thing I can criticize is the cost. I found the cost a little high.

Very good for SFTP connection!!

I molecular simulations. These are computationally expensive simulations and hence can only be done on university high performance computing servers. I frequently have to do data analysis with the data obtained from these simulations and hence WebDrive becomes immensely useful here when working remotely.

Pros

I have extensively used this software in my grad school. My research involves computer simulations and hence I am able to use SFTP connection to my university account where I run simulations and store data. Using WebDrive has been a blessing as I can update my simulations and extract data for analysis remotely and this has been specially useful during visit to another cities for conferences. The syncing of the new data is also excellent with WebDrive. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

Nothing really. I have used this product without any issues.

Incredible software product, incredible customer service

This software has made a project of mine incredibly easy to accomplish and has allowed me to expand my options. Bravo webdrive!!!

Pros

Easy to use. Extremely powerful. Fills a niche very effectively. Cost is totally reasonable for the value of this software. Customer service was responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

I find this product to have no obvious cons.

Customer support was great they went out of there way to help with a specific problem

Ability to get a good product that still works with Win Xp.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and use. I was able to get a version of software that would still run on on win Xp with no issues. For people running industrial equipment this is a huge benefit.

Cons

Straightforward way to utilize cloud storage

Overall solves my problem of have a reliable means of storing data in the cloud my way.

Pros

This software enables me to use cloud storage in, to me, an intuitive way, by regarding it as another drive. After struggling with consumer software which was trying to manage back up and synch for me and causing a series of confusing problems, I decide the easiest method was to utilize WebDrive, use its backup capability, or other copy software where needed to meet my needs. This way I can reliably know what is being done.

Cons

It took a bit to grasp some of the configuration terms and ideas, but once I had sufficient (not complete) understanding I set it, and never looked back.

Mount point for large FTP server

Thus far I'd FTP calls in the big data analysis code. But this made that so much easier with a local mount point and even gained [small amount] in turn-around time, it's almost like having the entire remote data repository locally!

Pros

The fact that this allows for easy creation of a local mount point for massive remote storage devices. Webdrive is quite easy to get started with. The windows internal FTP handling is quite bad. This app makes the windows experience far better with network storage devices. Compared to other similar apps, this is also probably the most reasonably priced. In the few days I've been using this app, never had a crash or a disconnected drive pop-up. The app is also fairly modular and works independently of other clients which may cross-talk and use FTP calls to the same device connected to with Web-Drive.

Cons

I use Web-Drive on Win-10. It was hard to find the mount point location on the Windows bash kernel.

Customer Support that deserves great business

Being able to connect up to Office 365 / Sharepoint without having to reconnect after a shutdown/reboot.

Pros

Software works great and the support is outstanding. There was an issue I had while testing the trial version that didn't quite fit what my client's needs were. I contacted support and we were able to fix the issue promptly and I was sent a new version of the program with the fix implemented. Worked perfectly after that.

Cons

The only issue I had with this program ended up becoming a Pro. A feature of the Sharepoint Online wasn't quite working right but support was amazing and able to get it fixed and working as needed.

Great product for mapping to Sharepoint site

Accessing files via Sharepoint website or Teams did not work well at all with non-Microsoft files; IE: Adobe products. Even MS products had issues at time. Users are use to File Explorer and drive letters; so kept it simple for the end user.

Pros

Easy to install and setup. Once it is setup you do not have to worry about it.

Cons

Only one and there maybe an option for this & have not found it. Have to login for each drive mapping.

Hi David! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. There is actually a way to have sites connect automatically at login time. Under Site Properties --> General Host Settings (may also be named by the connection type depending on what connector you're using e.g. "SharePoint Settings"), there is a setting for "Connect at login/startup." This needs to be enabled. Also, under App Settings --> Settings, "Run in taskbar tray at startup" needs to be enabled. Wired Ethernet connections work best, but wireless often works as well. If there is still an issue connecting, the wireless connection may be connecting some time after login, causing WebDrive's attempt to connect at login to fail (no Internet established yet). Please reach out if you have any trouble. We will be happy to assist!

Finally, my Cloud Data is Exposed

I use my computer for hours almost every day. Somewhere along the way I started saving my work and other interests to the Cloud. Since most of this was not my 'main data' , I would sometimes forget where I stored stuff. My Cloud always required a separate step for me and sometimes I would forget how to get there. WebDrive has been the perfect solution because it makes my Cloud data as easily accessible as any of my other data devices. Now my Cloud data has a drive designator as "W" and I can get to it as easily as my drive "C". My computer boots with this assignment and the process is now a "no brainer".

Pros

Easy to install and implement. Makes my Google Drive more accessible.

Cons

No Cons at this point. After Trial I hope to experiment with more options.

Very Straight Forward and Easy to Use

Pros

Cons

Would like if the current license we purchased works with future releases. Otherwise no complaints with the software.

WebDrive for SharePoint migrations

We are using this tool to help us with client migrations of local file shares to Sharepoint Online through Office 365. It is easy to setup and install giving options to select the SharePoint document endpoint for migrations. There are additional options for optimizing the connection for best performance. This has worked very well for migrations of file shares of up to 1TB of data.

Pros

Allows for painless connection to SharePoint Online Document Centers and Libraries. We have utilized this tool as part of our migration strategy for our customers when migrating file shares.

Cons

Configuration of options to allow best performance for migration.

Perfect for connecting up to Cloud storage, easy to install. Really impressed with this software!

COnnected to Sharepoint online.

Pros

Very simple to use and deploy. Slick interface and reliable programming. I like the fact that in around 5 clicks and a log in, you're connected up to Sharepoint without any of the hassle of using Windows Native tools or bulky One Drive.

Cons

Nothing to say here! We did have an issue on the first install which was quickly resolved. The helpdesk we're very responsive and supportive.

Thanks for the great feedback, Ray! We strive to offer great product and great support. As you use WebDrive, please let us know if you have suggestions and feedback. Our product roadmap is built primarily from customer input.

Review WebDrive

Overall it's good

Pros

Webdrive is functional and fast

Cons

Sometimes there are some synchronisation problems, but it's not always obvious that the software is the problem of it (it can be a problem when you switch from WiFi to UTP/Ethernet).

WebDrive helps me to work more efficiently. I can access all of my files, regardless of location.

Pros

I can map all of my cloud storage services as drives on my PC, including Dropbox, Amazon S3 and SFTP servers.

Tested and approved

With WebDrive all the operators who works at the customers can connect live on the synology NAS of the company

Pros

The speed of installation and the simplicity of installation

Cons

you need nne licence by pc ans not by NAS

Really efficient

We needed to see the nas folders as if they were windows explorer folders, from remote locations, outside the local network, with multiple users simultaneously. The solution had to be simple for non-expert users and I solved the problem with webdrive.

Pros

It represents a real solution for work from home, connected via various platforms. In my case I had to make the contents of the nas synology available to 10 users, using webdav server.

Cons

Quick installation and an excellent presale service

A good tool with exceptional support seals the deal for me

I can't say enough about the customer support I received here. After some issues with large file size downloads, the support team was extremely hands on and spent many hours working with me to resolve the issue. Many companies could use to learn from these guys.

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up. But, most importantly, the support team is exceptional.

Cons

I had some issues with large downloads, but the support team was exceptionally responsive and hands on to resolve them.

WebDrive for WebDAV access

Very impress with the software would recommend .

Pros

I loved the ease of use I installed in a few minuets and stated accessing my WebDAV servers

Cons

The only downside is the price and could do with being a bit cheaper but great software.

Great Application and Support!

Pros

- Featurerich (offline folders, want thumbnails of pictures yes/now, and much more) - Great Support - Better price than "the others" ;-)

Cons

There are many options i dont understand. Eventualy its my personal problem but i needed the (great) support at some points to understand the options.

Works as expected

Use it every day. Makes access to server data easy and fast.

Pros

Install and use in minutes. Quickly displays the files on the servers and shows hardly any transmission errors.

Cons

The extra price for maintenance/support.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.