Animaker Reviews

Pros

I created a video gift for my friend's wedding and found this site very useful and easy to use. Create funny animations to give a touch of originality to my productions.

VINCENZO B.

Ability to create excellent videos worthy of publishing on Facebook, Youtube, or LinkedIn without the need for a graphic arts education. Lots of great features and easy to pickup.

Amin A.

In the free trial it has more than enough content to create a beautiful and attractive animation.

Cons

Tried animaker on 4 different computers and It still lagged and skipped. I had to complete a project for a class for college and it took me hours because of the horrible software.

Ayana J.

The UI was a little clunky and there were times I found myself frustrated looking for tools to use and trying to find a window that disappeared.

Devon A.

Sometimes you download your video and only then do you realize (too late) that those settings cause things to cut off. It's a huge disappointment for the money I spent.

Melissa F.

3.9

Animaker User Review

Transcript

Lora: I'm Lora. I'm a career coach in the professional services industry. Today I'm going to review the...

Animaker Review

My overall experience with animaker has been one with a positive surprise. Aminaker made it possible to internally create content we thought we would have needed to outsorce saving us a signficant amount in operation costs.

Pros

I have been using animaker to create whiteboard explainer videos for marketing and internal presentations. What I like the most about it so far is its ease of use. It is fairly easy to create animation videos in animaker without prior experience in the field. As such, its integration to our organisation was smooth and seamless.

Cons

What I liked the least about animaker is the fact is is only available online. Making it hard or impossible to use when/if their are interuptions to the internet connection.

Experience with Animaker

Pros

The wide range of animations and customization is very useful to me.

Cons

There are a number of bugs I have come across in this software, especially related to rendering. It is not uncommon for the "published" video to be different from what I see in editor mode, which is extremely frustrating. When I download my video, I always have to watch it through again to see if there were any rendering errors. This is not a positive experience for me. I also have issues sharing a...

I did an amazing video resume with Animaker

The software is very easy to use, otherwise, you have lots of tutorials, helping you using it. Moreover, they have great basics videos that you can use in case you're running out of creativity. You can create amazing things, videos.. with the software they have lots of logos, pictures, backgrounds, etc. Oh yeah before I forgot they have amazing customer service ! At each email I sent they answered in the following minute.

Pros

Cons

The only cons is that we can't upload videos on the video we're creating, I had to use another software for that. Sometimes the software is lagging so I had to change my navigator several times, but it's no big deal it's worth it.

Affordable and functional

I was able to achieve all the projects that I raised, so I can recommend it to some colleagues.

Pros

I really like the variety of options it offers, the simple one with which you can start a specific project.

Cons

It can only be used from the browser, this makes it a bit limiting.

Animaker ... creativity at your fingertips

I was able to complete all the tasks in a quick time, so I can suggest them to others. It's great software even though it's a page.

Pros

the program is very easy to use, the creation and production are up to the examples that the system has. I'm very happy with the time I gained in creating and producing my work, I can only thank you for that.

Cons

There are a lot of flaws in this software that I've discovered, most of which are connected to rendering. It's pretty uncommon for the "published" video to change significantly from what I see in editor mode, which is incredibly inconvenient. I always have to watch my video twice after downloading it to make sure there were no rendering mistakes.For me, this has not been a pleasant experience. I've...

A very good online application for anyone to create attractive and modern content in minutes

Pros

We reviewed this application for our company, since we have the need to publish a large volume of engaging educational videos. After trying it we can say that it is very easy to understand and use, even if you do not have much experience editing. They have very good tutorial videos that teach you how to get the most out of the program. They also have one of the largest element libraries I've seen. In addition, the illustrations, characters and graphics in general are very cool and impressive. In relation to competitors, they have practically the same functionalities as the biggest ones, such as the possibility of loading elements from your computer, like images, audios, videos and using them in your edition.

Cons

Not many things to say here... Since its a web application, that works in flash, it depends a lot on the internet connection you have. Additionally, if your equipment is not very modern, it could be annoying to make very complex editions. In the end we decided on another option due to the characteristics that they had in relation to the price of the offered plans.

Animaker review

My overall experience with Animaker is good. Because I can easily make cool animation video in minutes for my business. Which is great to generate leads and sale.

Pros

Animaker is the best online animation designing software. Anyone can make an eye-catching animation in under 10 minutes. You don't need any knowledge about this software. Just log in and start making an awesome animation video. They have tons of template which can help you to make video fast. It is easy to add characters, add voiceovers to characters. You also can make GIF. I am using this in my business to ads on youtube, Facebook and getting great lead and sale.

Cons

I don't find any cons here. Why well it is the best animation software in the market.

Great for explainer videos, presentations and e-learning

I was able to become familiar with the creative environment in less than a day and produced my first explainer vid in probably 3-5 hours. Subsequent ones have taken less time. Their customer support is extremely high quality and they really listen to feedback (good and bad) and respond to feature requests very positively.

Pros

Easy to churn out high quality product. Love the character quality and huge library. Also easy to incorporate my own backgrounds and other images.

Cons

Voice AI quality leaves a bit to be desired. I have ended up using a combination of three services, each of which has its own pros/cons. But they all use one or more of IBM, Google and Amazon's ai engines for voice generation. I think Animaker will continue to improve in this area, and I hope one day I won't need to use other services to get human-like quality character voices.

Animaker, a pretty good 2D animation software

I think that Animaker is a good software to give presentations and videos a new look, making them more visual and attractive. Is an online software so you can run it in any kind of device connected to internet. With the only exception of the limited templates, Animaker is a pretty complete software, easy to use and gives the users an oportunity of animate without any kind of designing, modeling or programming knowledge.

Pros

One of the things that I like the most about Animaker is that allows me to create, design and modify 2D animations on my internet browser. I can save my projects on the cloud and reopen with the only worry of having an internet connection.

Cons

The thing I like the least is that the software is limited to pre-created templates.

Use something else

Awful experience. So many problems with glitching. Customer service was slow and not very helpful.

Pros

It looked smooth before adding even some of what I wanted.

Cons

Very slow once you add things into the video. You'll have to restart your project probably a half dozen times due to how often it glitches.

So far the best I have found!

I am a foreign language educator and while we are doing quite a bit of distance learning this is coming in very handy to help students understand the short stories and vocabulary I need them to learn/comprehend. Overall I am much happier with this software than the others I have used mostly because it is much easier to have my characters do exactly what I want them to do without having to rewrite my script to match what is available. There are still a few adjustments that need to be made but it is much easier than before. I am anxious to finally have the paid version so I have even more options.

Pros

I really like that the characters have LOTS of different movement options. I love that I can create my own characters as well with all kinds of options. I also like that some of the extra images also have some default movements. I found it to be very fast in exporting and you don't have to wait while it exports. You can do other things. Having the text to speech built right in is a plus. Other software packages that I have used don't offer nearly the amount of options.

Cons

The tutorials could be a little more clear. It has a bit of a learning curve. I wish the animal characters were available on the regular version. I also wish it had an offline version so I could continue to work while away from internet. I wish the text to speech had more voice options and that they sounded a little more human. I am still operating on the free version. Perhaps they are better after paying.

Animaker gives everything Powtoon offers... for a better price

Animaker makes it easy to create a flashy, engaging presentation that attracts young and old viewers alike. Creative transitions and stylistic graphics enhance the final product.

Pros

Animaker is the equivalent of how Powtoon was a couple years back. The interface and functionality isn't state-of-the-art, but it gets the job done. The tool enables creators to easily create engaging presentations/videos in a short amount of time. Their specialty is cartoon-themed presentations. Unlike Powtoon, Animaker allows users to actually export their video without upgrading, although it will include a watermark. This is far better than Powtoon's solution, which is to let creators create a stunning video, and then tell them they have to upgrade to download it.

Cons

While Animaker is great for the most part, there are some negatives. Transitions aren't seamless - they can be a bit disorienting at times. Also, the preset themes aren't the best. Finally, the site is pretty heavy with graphics, so a slow computer may not be able to handle it. Those are the only negatives I can think of at the moment. Overall, Animaker delivers, even if it's not been updated as recently as Powtoon, its major competitor. Just be aware that in order to produce a high-quality, polished creation, you're going to need to upgrade.

Hello Josiah Aviles, this is Val Subbaiah from Animaker, Inc. How are you? Thank you for taking time off to share your thoughts on Animaker. As you might be aware, Animaker has the largest library of assets to help our subscribers use them to create exciting videos. On an ongoing basis, we keep building this library of assets. Yesterday we launched over 40 new transitions to help our users....

My experience with Animaker

It is my strong view that nowadays support that we get together with the purchased IT product is far more important than the product itself. Because it is the support that gives life to the product and provides value. The level of support I have received from Animaker team has been amazing. These guys are very smart and very helpful and very quick. They have quite a bit of time with me patiently explaining...

Pros

I loved that you do virtually everything in the software. You can animate everything and you can manage the content any way you like. Breakdown by seconds allows you to manage every second of your content

Cons

I think it would be better if a scene would have like 20 to 30 seconds. My view is that 15 seconds too small and may be time consuming. And I would also love if you could incorporate a feature that helps to animate the characters that we are inserting the way it animates your own characters. For example if I could import my daughters image and could have her move her arm or leg. It would also be great if we could import a video as well and manage it. For example I have a video of my daughter running, I could insert it to a scene, removed the background and have her run in Animaker's background

Create videos in a jiffy

Pros

I'm a marketer by profession and I always have a tough time working with designers. Animaker made non-professional video editors like me produce studio quality videos with it's simple DIY video editor. Animaker will be my go-to tool for anything videos.

Cons

Rendering time can be improved. Animated asset collections can be improved.

Amazing product, even better customer service

What surprised me the most was the incredible customer service they offer. I submitted a ticket with a question, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answered within 5 minutes. I got my question answered ind depth, but a few minutes later I had another question, which he answered as promptly as the first time. He included links to make sure I got all my questions answered and he even went out of the way...

Pros

What draw me to Animaker initially was the vast number of different characters, expressions and movements. I have purchased other animation products in the past and Animaker is by fat the most extensive. It is also easy to use.

Cons

It took me a minute to get used to the software, but once you spend a few minutes trying to figure out it's actually very easy.

Invest in premium versions to get the best out of Animaker

While the software was very good and worked well I feel that after doing a few animations you may quickly use up the suite of objects before all your videos start looking the same. Either that or i need more imagination.

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can create quick and simple animations very easily great for corporate videos web based so you can collaborate with people in different locations

Cons

There are various payment levels, but even with some of the paid versions the number of objects available was a bit ungenerous

Waste of time !!!

To sum it up, this app is expensive, time consuming and with a whole lot of restrictions. If someone’s subscribed to a monthly fee, they should have access to all the features and something has to be done about how slow it is when you have to preview every scene!

Pros

I’m still waiting for my video to be exported.

Cons

This is the worst software ever! It’s a complete waste of time..Unlike other softwares I’ve used, this took me more than a minute literally to edit each scene and I had over 25 scenes! Secondly, I upgraded to their “starter” package and I was supposed to get 25 assets for free and after adding a few of their video backgrounds, when I went to download my video (after 2 whole days mind you) it said I...

Lack of Diversity

My overall experience has been good with Animaker. But if it cannot up its game by expanding its character generation options, I may have to choose another product. That's a shame because it really does have some cool features.

Pros

I really like Animaker as an animation hobbyist. There are a variety of actions and expressions you can use for your characters. When I've presented my animations to family members and friends, they've really liked and complimented them.

Cons

As was mentioned previously, I don't like that it's only available online. But, my HUGEST complaint is Animaker's lack of diversity for Black/African-Americans' natural hairstyles. My animations are based on real people. And as a Black woman with Black family members and friends, it's frustrating that I cannot do animations that reflect how we look in real life. I also don't like that there are no character generator options for children. The kids in my family and my friends' kids LOVE seeing themselves in cartoons.

Learning Comes to Life!

Makes my presentations engaging and helping students retain and learn new information!

Pros

The pure creativity of Animaker makes presentations and learning fun! All of the features and animation options are endless and make presenting and teaching new information fun!

Cons

Animaker takes some time to learn all of the features and how to implement them in your animations.

Amazing Animations and Easy to Use Online Software

I simply love it.

Pros

You need not download any kind of software to use this online app. All your data will be saved in your Animaker account. Prices of advanced packages are not so high as compared to some others and the website is extremely userfriendly followed by many online templates which are free to use and edit. Very easy to follow demo instructions. Its really fin to create your own animated character and use them in the ready-made video templates which does not require much editing. You can easily find sample templates and replace the character with your own character or choose one from the available characters.

Cons

Right now the software is new and does not have so many templates and character animations. But it is being updated very fast and variety of many more templates and animated video categories are being introduced now. The second issue is the video preparing and processing takes too much time and original created video inside the editor colors are a little bit different if compared to the processed video.

Good software but a bit tricky for beginners

Overall, I like the software and would recommend it as long as you have someone who can dedicate the amount of time needed to create a good video.

Pros

I personally did not use the software much, but we had an intern who created a whole video and it looked great! I know she did have a really hard time with adding a voiceover which took her countless of hours to match the voice to the animation and whenever the script needed to be altered, she needed to do it again. We then had an agency work with this program and since their team has more experience, they were able to really elevate this video using this software.

Cons

There's limitations in using certain characters and voiceover is difficult to use.

Simple and nice on-line software solution for simple and nice animations

This is a good solution for any animation that You need (for Your YOUTUBE channel, business presentation, promotional video,...). In short period of time it's possible to make simple and nice animations that are needed. With extra effort it's possible to make something more (student projects in animation for example).

Pros

This is a simple and easy to use web-based solution for short animations. User interface is nice one, clean and simple so user can make it's job efficiently. There are plenty of options regarding design and animations (nice quantity of elements for Your creativity), If needed, extra media elements can be uploaded (photos, music, voice over). Tutorial video is one of best that I saw and I suggest to invest Your time in it.

Cons

Whole software is based on obsolete FLASH technology. Today all new web-browsers by default start with FLASH blocked so this is really strange decision. Have problems working with FIREFOX/WATERFOX. Guidelines are missing and grid can't solve that. Loading can be slow sometimes.

Hi Edo Modun, thank you for taking time off to share your review of Animaker. Appreciate the efforts. Please sign up, if not already, at www.animaker.com to receive updates on our soon to be launched HTML 5 platform.

Animaker is amazing & intuitive

Very personal service, quick email responses & clearly a kind company that wants to help its clients in every way possible - thank you so much for your help

Pros

The tutorial at the start is excellent and it is easy to bring it up to check how to do something while creating. I immediately got to grips with how to use Animaker & had created my own animation within minutes. The bank of resources is huge - and gave me inspiration of what to use in my own animation. The feature of being able to upload your own content, e.g. a logo or graphic, is superb as it allows you to personalise your animation. You can select background colours using CYMK values which was also really useful to match my other graphics. There were lots of music choices to add. I was really happy with the final product & couldn't recommend it more!

Cons

So far, no cons - perhaps the timeline could be expanded/shrunk on command.

Animaker is the only video creator i use

animaker isn't just a great place to make videos, it's also a great place to make some really creative presentations.

Pros

I love that animaker is free and user-friendly. i don't need to make crazy and elaborate videos, but sometimes I do need a tool to make simple little videos. animaker is a great tool for when a regular person like me needs some help making some video content.

Cons

since i am so new to making videos, it would be nice to have a kind of video creator's academy on animaker for people like me.

Animaker offers 2 "how to" webinars every week. https://app.animaker.com/webinar

Simple to use & Extremely useful

Pros

Lot of characters, animations, props. You can almost create anything you want. Customer support was very helpful. Especially Infographics, Whiteboard animations are world class. We almost use Animaker for all our social campaigns.

Cons

There are few app regulations need to be followed as a User to have a good video making experience. If we follow that Animaker will give you a better experience. Especially like Quality settings & GPU settings so you can avoid lag. Also waiting for the Enterprise version to use the app with our whole team.