All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Critical Mention Reviews

Complete mention monitoring from a single place

Pros

This is the best in class mention tracking platform, we are always up to date now.

Cons

Robust software for a reasonable price, we are 100% suttisfied.

Thank you very much for leaving such a remarkable review. Our Critical Mention team appreciates your input and is delighted to know that we are providing 'the best in class mention tracking platform' service. Thanks again for the wonderful review!

Critical Mention Helps Makes Our Press Even More Newsworthy

Our agency went viral - literally viral around the world - due to our ability to quickly share detailed metrics during several media outlet interviews. The data is easy to pull, and the reports are customizable for client needs.

Pros

Critical Mention allows us to stay up-to-the-very-minute (literally) of media mentions of our agency and our clients. Often when we do a PR interview, Critical Mention lets us know it is live before the reporter has had a chance to email us. It also provides the metrics we need for clients to be able to showcase overall impressions and media value, while allowing us to remove clutter nonsense that is repetitive and not relevant for tracking needs. We use the software more so for tracking TV coverage for clients as we do product placement for brands as part of our agency services. Critical Mention allows us to review content without having to have a massively extensive (with heavy upkeep) monster of a DVR system in place.

Cons

The social media analytics still have some room to improve, and the maximum you can search for mentions is 60 days - so you need to stay on top of reporting and not use it for competitive research unless you have forethought to plan and download those reports on a continuous basis.

Critical Mention Works for US

Pros

I like how I can see, edit through word play, and then save and download video clips. I also like that I can save clips/articles/etc. into separate files for sharing with our leadership team.

Cons

I wish I could figure out or have a way to block from seeing multiple postings of the same article. It's bothersome to see multiples of the same thing in my feed each day.

Hi Tom, Thank you for leaving such a kind review. We are delighted to see that you love using our Critical Mention Wordplay feature. We always strive to provide the greatest earned media service and customer support, so we appreciate you saying we're the best media monitoring service out there! Thanks again!

Solid media monitoring

Expensive, but very solid and easy to use media monitoring software with decent analytics options. Building reports for our board was very easy.

Pros

Really liked being able to clip the media segments based on the text provided to ensure I captured the entire clip.

Cons

On occasion, the media clip and corresponding text did not include the entire clip and there was nothing I could do to get it.

Hi Nile, Thank you for sharing your experience using Critical Mention's Earned Media Suite. If you need any help with the platform, please feel free to contact your account manager. We're thrilled you enjoy our reporting features. Thanks again!

Best software I've used for clips

Highly recommend – it's much easier than any other similar software I've used.

Pros

The UI/UX is definitely what sets Critical Mention apart. It's very easy to use, setup custom searches and alerts, and trim clips.

Cons

We've had a few issues with specific networks in the past, but that's broader issue with networks and not specifically with Critical Mention.

Pull all of my media coverage in minutes!

I am able to show my partners how much value we've gotten out of our trade media.

Pros

This software pull all of my media coverage in minutes. It shows the value of my coverage, reach/audience and links to all of the clips. It even pulls video clips from live TV.

Cons

It cannot track some radio due to closed captioning. I also wish it could pull social media coverage as well so that i could pull everything in one report instead of using two different softwares.

Easy to search

Pros

It was very easy to figure out how to use the software and search for related topic for our organization.

Cons

I felt that all the searches did not come up when the word was searched. I would have to use different words for one topic.

Reporting is quick

Pros

Reporting is quick and easy. This is something that I've needed for a while with my social media management position. I also am able to gather useful data to better target my audience. The implementation process was also pretty quick and easy.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming and cumbersome to use. There is still a lot of updating that would benefit this software as it evolves.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.