Ecanvasser Logo

Ecanvasser

Easy-to-use, customizable canvassing dashboard and apps

Ecanvasser Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.48/10

Reviews by rating

Amazing customer support. Very responsive to concerns and happy to make modifications on the fly to support the development of the app.
Ecanvasser is always extremely responsive and their team is great at what they do.
I am just starting out but overall I love it. Easy to set up, easy to use.
It was frustrating that there was no "moved" option- our team had to add this to the notes and manually deal with that data.
The usability for non-tech -savvy users was really bad. Most users had a difficult time signing up.

Cassie B.

Databsase Administrator

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Powerful Tool with Training

Transcript

Cassie B.: I'm Cassie, I'm database administrator and design coordinator for a nonprofit. And I gave...

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used this tool for campainging but then made it a business lead devleoper

Pros

I used this product with my local candidate for city council only to then use it for business development. Great way to indentify leads and track interactions! Very versatile

Cons

Still buggy, and needs some love to make it fast and easy to use.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like an interesting use of the product and not uncommon. Would love to work on a user case study with you if you are available at any stage, just let us know.

JD

Jennifer D.

Excellent software that did everything we needed while out canvassing neighborhoods.

I made breaking into groups and canvassing neighborhoods simple and easy. We could all see who was where, the progress being made, and what areas we still needed to do. It gave you a sense of accomplishment to see all the gray triangles turning colors.

Pros

It was intuitive and easy to use. It was easy to find out the information about the house being canvassed and it was usually accurate. It was fast when using out in the neighborhoods. It was easy to see where other canvassers were so as not to overlap. It was easy to find who had already been talked to and what areas needed to be done. Zooming out, you can easily see neighborhoods and sections of town that might need more attention. I really liked having the talking points in the app so when someone asked me a question I had an idea of something to say.

Cons

You can't tell how many stars you have given a house after you have saved it in the app. There were several time we made the map 3D by accident but couldn't figure out how to fix it. The blue diamond for inaccessible, not at home, and call back was confusing when using the app. You can't tell if someone needs to go by again because the person was not home or if they want someone to call because they all are the same color.

Hi thanks for your feedback, in the coming weeks it will be possible to customize canvass status and their associated colors.

DM

David M.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

More Work Needed

I enjoyed learning something new but the interface needs a lot of work to make key use cases simpler and more intuitive--both for canvassers and administrators.

Pros

The concept is great and the fact that it eliminates the post-canvass data entry bottleneck is hugely valuable because canvassers can stay out as long as they want--or canvass over a number of days--without worrying about getting the data back to a data entry person on time.

Cons

Assigning new canvassers to a canvass was time consuming and painful. I spent the first half hour of most of our canvassing sessions getting people to respond to the email, download the app, and assigning them to a canvass. While the version canvassers use on their phones is relatively simply to use, there are some annoying glitches. For example, there's no way to record whether a person has moved--or...

CS

Cody S.

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Simple, transparent and easily has more features then the competition

10/10. Buy it. Don’t waste your time scheduling a million hour long demos with the competitors. If they’re not showing you there stuff from the start, you already know theirs an issue.

Pros

So easy, so comprehensive. No frills and very to the point with data management and what you get with your purchase. Customer service is top notch. Data management is incredibly simple. Nothing takes very long.

Cons

It could be simpler to select multiple people’s answers from a shared household. But it still works well.

RB

Roland B.

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

Mid size town, local office political candidate.

Pros

The technical ability of the software and the App are very broad. For my own personal campaign, it gives me a good tracking tool that helps keep my campaign moving. The map function is great.

Cons

As a small town candidate with out a campaign manager and using the software, I don't have the time and expertise to really take advantage of the full functionality. Using the app is pretty energy intensive while I'm out, it will kill my battery in about 4 hours. A few tweaks to the information I'd like to have as I approach someone's door would be helpful. I just don't know how to do it. Possibly a little quicker navigation to that info would be helpful when canvassing.

NK

Nikita K.

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

Good foundation, needs more development

Overall, our experience with Ecanvasser was not the best. In the future, we'd probably look for another option before reconsidering this platform.

Pros

Ecanvasser has a good start. The platform has some good solid foundations.

Cons

Still needs a lot more work to fix all the bugs, trip ups, glitches, and crashes.

Thanks for the feedback Nikita, I think the product has moved on significantly in the past two years since you used it. Would love to see you back to see new functionality and reliability of the product.

JH

Joshua H.

Ecanvasser is Great

Customer service has been amazing as well as the learning center.

Pros

The ease of use for my team is unlike any other software that we have used in the past. Adding and matching voters and addresses is also very easy.

Cons

Certain signup process aspects are frustrating but once you get the hang of it becomse less noticeable.

JR

John R.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

A useful tool that doesn't quite fit

The platform is uncluttered and easy to use. Much of its functionality however is rather clunky. If your number one priority is creating walking lists quickly and easily ecanvasser performs great, though the files it exports won't us your nomenclature, which is annoying. If sorting the results is your focus, prepare to do most of that yourself, ecanvasser doesn't currently have that functionality.

Pros

The mapping feature is great. It is super easy to use and delivers a walking list in spreadsheet form. My only complaint here is that once saved it cannot be edited.

Cons

Overall the platform is not very intuitive, things you would expect to be able to do you cannot. Among these are non-sortable files and file names that don't include key information.

GB

Griffin B.

Political Organization, 501-1,000 employees

An excellent product

Pros

I liked the ability to doorknock and know what doors I have been to. The ability to customize the fields for questions and surveys was also an awesome tool during the 2019 provincial election.

Cons

I wish that I could play around more with the statistics.

Graham M.

Great tool for canvassing

Pros

Amazing customer support! Very responsive to concerns and happy to make modifications on the fly to support the development of the app.

Cons

The app is very different on Android and iPhone, which makes training volunteers a bit tough. While the functionality is all there, it is in different spots and sometimes harder to get to. Also the ability add new users from the app versus the website would be helpful

BY

Brandon Y.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

E Canvasser

Pros

I can track numbers from my computer and it’s easy to explain to workers.

Cons

That I can’t track numbers from my phone unless I’m in the browser. I want to be able to track numbers from the browser.

BH

Becky H.

Political Organization, self-employed

Great product

I am just starting out but overall I love it. Easy to set up, easy to use. Easy to export data.

Pros

Everything - it makes canvassing so much easier than paper lists or other software I have used in the past.

Cons

I can't add houses. But I'm going to reach out to customer support to ask if I can.

HH

Hiruy H.

Political Organization, self-employed

It was great for the money.

Pros

The cost. It is easy to add and remove members. The map on the app helps to navigate canvassing. The app is user friendly.

Cons

The walklist printout is completely different from the fields and cannot be modified as needed. The map cannot be printed out. I had to printout the names and addresses and load them on a different geolocation app to create a paper map.

Hi and thanks for the feedback. Our focus is on building a great mobile app experience to avoid the need for printed walklists but we do take note of your suggestion and will feed it back to our development team.

AL

Alexandra L.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Easy to use in field and review data captured

Pros

Ease of use, set your parameters and go.

Cons

Would have to reinstall frequently as the app would malfunction

ZF

Zachary F.

Government Relations, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Perfect product, perfect price point

Pros

This software is very easy for my clients to learn and easy for me to administrate on the back end. Plus, you can't beat the competitive pricing compared to other industry-leading products.

Cons

The software lacks the ability to color-code households, which would be helpful in many cases.

JD

John D.

Political Organization, 51-200 employees

Walk by Ecanvasser.

Collecting campaign info for a federal election candidate in Canada. A little cumbersome and buggy but we're figuring things out and it seems to be getting better.

Pros

It is relatively easy to figure out, it works well if it's working well, if you know what I mean.

Cons

seems a bit beta. crashes regularly on my iPhone 5. reinstall is a fix but you need wifi for that.

Political Organization, 11-50 employees

A great, straight forward approach to canvassing

I think it works well, it’s efficient and intuitive. Sometimes the screen freezes, and the houses have disappeared and the. Reappeared causing me to backtrack. Other than those glitches it’s a good app.

Pros

I like the ease of use, it’s very intuitive.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t see the results of your canvassing from the phone app, you have to go online. After a night of canvassing, I’d like to be able to see which houses want lawn signs from my phone. We’ve had to physically write down those addresses in order to drop them off that night. Also, I’d like to see how many houses I knocked on at the end of the night from my phone app. I wish the results were available without having to go online.

CB

Cassandra B.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Powerful Tool with Training

Pros

Ecanvasser is quick to download and the process from downloading to use is very straight forward. All of the interfaces are clean and I appreciate the ability to limit information people out in the field get. The real-time updates are a plus.

Cons

My customer service experience hasn't been the best. I was never able to set up a formal training so I have had to learn everything on my own. I've had it for months and am only now figuring out the scope of what I can do with it.

CG

Charles G.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Very helpful product.

Found it very easy to move data into eCanvasser. The mapping was invaluable as we went door to door. If I was going to recommend anything, I'd try to make sure all core features are on all platforms.

Pros

The best thing about the product has to be the mapping ability to divide the voter list into regions, and log voters responses to questions.

Cons

In the end we were not able to use all features due to some inconsistencies (in the 2017 version) between Android, IOS and Web versions. This unfortunately created some distrust from members of the campaign to use it the way it was intended as it was hard for one person to teach the next person how to use it when they had different phones.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Great mobile app

Pros

The app is wonderful. The houses are perfectly mapped out, which makes it easy to find the homes you are targeting.

Cons

Tricky to update your list. Formatting needs to be identical.

AB

Angela B.

Used other for 6-12 months

Give your campaign a leg up!

Wonderfully useful and a great way to communicate and track coverage!

Pros

Great GPS and location information at your fingertips!

Cons

Switching views can be tricky until you learn the software

Political Organization, 11-50 employees

Easy to use great tool for canvassing

Pros

How great it was to enter info on the phone app.

Cons

I didn't like how you divide the turfs between canvassers.

DB

Deb B.

Government Relations, self-employed

Give your political campaign the edge

Pros

For a small investment you have access to software that the professionals use to win your election! Voter information is uploaded and you are able to customize information you capture as you canvas.

Cons

Mobile features are more challenging. I have not figured out if I can create mailing labels from the software. Would like the ability to condense into "households" with the ability to create a label "the smith household"

Political Organization, 1-10 employees

Great canvassing app, maps need work

Politically canvassing can be difficult, this app offers many great benefits to simplifying this process. Overall a great app, with some minor errors that are simple to overcome with sound logical thought

Pros

Great ease of use and functionality! I appreciate the simplicity

Cons

The maps function does not accurately place houses in the proper location.

CC

Cassandra C.

City Council Candidate

Using Ecanvasser has been essential to the success of our canvassing efforts. We can track everyone we canvass and add different fields to fit our needs.

Pros

It makes it easy for us to track our canvassing efforts.

Cons

I wish it would do a better job of tracking my location while canvassing.