InsightSquared Reviews

InsightSquared

Sales Performance Analytics for High Growth Companies

4.65/5 (47 reviews)

Pros
  • Super easy to set up and maintain. The insights given are extremely helpful and give salesreps the opportunity to know their numbers and work towards improvement.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • InsightSquared has been a very helpful solution for our sales team and management to understand what we are doing and how we can do better.Jacco d.Read the full review
  • Its strongest features are probably its ease of use, impressive report filtering features, and its out-of-the-box reports and dashboards.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • No negatives on InsightSquared, it has become a part of our sales conversation and organization.Jacco d.Read the full review
  • There is no real time sync set up with Salesforce and so if I change something, it can take an hour to reflect. This is incredibly minor though.Aidan R.Read the full review
  • Since it uses data from Salesforce, it can be hard to configure.Charlie G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jacco de Bruijn

InsightSquared informs our best decision making

Reviewed 2018-12-03

Pros
InsightSquared knows what a Sales organization cares about and provides that data in helpful ways to access reports and gain insights. For every use case of our sales team there is a report, and at this point it's the go to solution for Managers and even Executives in case of any questions about sales activities, performance and results.

Christian Prusia

Insight Squared: invaluable when managing rapid growth

Reviewed 2015-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Insight Squared is a responsive, nimble team that has impressed me at every corner. Their Sales Team, thei Customer Success Team and Engineering Team have all created "wow" moments for me. My favorite recent workflow...looking at growth trends by employee or territory across different times (quarter, YTD, etc) and then with a click of a button being able to compare this growth against the same time period last year. It's make my Sales Meetings, Exec Meetings and Board Meetings highly informative. Thank you Insight Squared Team. Keep up the great work. I'm a fan...a big one.

Cons
I've noticed when we close a deal in SF it takes 15 or so minutes for the transactions to post. I'm sure it has something to do with API throtteling so you don't sacrafice performance, but it would be cool to have a "refresh" button that we could push so it didn't take that long. Small request...not a MUST.

Cory Albert

Impressive

Reviewed 2018-08-24

Pros
A very impressive tool to help a sales orginization

Cons
Make sure you know what you are getting into before starting. Only as good as the data you have in the crm.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Great overlay of Salesforce

Reviewed 2020-07-01

Pros
Takes standard SFDC objects to capture KPI data

Cons
Lacks all the bells and whistles from Slate

Shivakant Dubey

Best BI and Sales Analytics Tool Available Today

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Simple Yet Powerful Sales Analytics Tool

Pros
It is easy to benchmark against other peers and how you can select metrics easily inside the platform. You can also search for lost opportunities easily as well.

Cons
I'm hard-pressed to find anything I dislike about this product or company. Cost is always a consideration and compared to others they fall right in line, but the value and ease of doing business is well worth the cost.

Benton Mahaffey

The ultimate sales dashboard tool

Reviewed 2019-12-05

This tool is central to monitoring our sales activity and performance

Pros
Extremely easy to use. Time stamps salesforce changes to create robust pipeline tracking. Can have custom buildouts done

Cons
Only con is that you can't change the style of charts on your own, i.e. you can't build your own custom charts. You can go through their development team, but it takes time and money

Lance Carroll

It’s all in the implementation

Reviewed 2019-04-11

I’d use it again if company wanted to provide it. I’m not sure I’d choose it.

Pros
Software provides good insight in SF data. Great tool for really looking at your sales data to find trends beyond what SF provides. Great graphing, great ways to look at data at a macro and at a micro level.

Cons
It’s not terribly intuitive. You will need training, and the training again after to play with it awhile.

Jennifer Caesar, MBA

The additional reporting capabilities that Insight Squared provides makes pipeline management easy.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
The canned reports give so much insight into our pipeline that it is easy to identify trends down the individual sales rep. It helps us zero-in on certain behaviors and see how each of our reps works differently. The implementation is also incredibly easy and the support team is fantastic.

Cons
The cost was quite high which deterred us at first, but after using it for over six months, the value is clear. We tried another solution that was cheaper, but implementation was a nightmare and we quickly re-engaged with Insight Squared.

Justina Lam

Great sales tool to keep the sales team engaged

Reviewed 2015-05-21

InsightSquared is a powerful sales tool that can help the sales team make data driven decisions. The tool is great in helping the sales team manage and track their sales pipeline and create forecasts to anticipate future sales performance. The sales team has become more engaged and we'e seen significant improvement with performance over the years.

Pros
- provides powerful data insight - dashboard makes it easy for sales team to get immediate feedback on sales pipeline progress

Cons
- because it's such a powerful tool, it can be difficult to understand what all the features do. I'm sure there are still features yet to be discovered!

Aidan Ryan

Very slick App

Reviewed 2015-01-28

Insight Squared makes my life easier. From over all team reporting to my own personal metrics. I work in sales and so the reporting tells me exactly what I should be working on and what opportunities may be at risk. In the past I used to manage these things on my own independently and since using Insight squared, I have seen my sales success increase!

Pros
Everything is laid out for me and updates by itself, there is no work required to get the data that I need to see fast

Anonymous

Extremely insightful information at the tip of your hands without having to do anything.

Reviewed 2018-03-11

Helping sales team improve sales, therefore helping company grow.

Pros

Cons
Comparatively, pretty pricy. There are a few other companies that provide similar insights that don't cost as much. The tradeoff is name branding and slight adjustments in functionality. Paying a bit more for peace of mind.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Kat Lazzaro

Robust!

Reviewed 2018-07-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Good customer service - very prompt!

Pros
InsightSquared is a game changer for staffing agencies. It's incredibly robust! We use it to keep track of our statistics, KPIs, and even use stats to beef up our marketing materials.

Cons
It can be a bit difficult to use if you don't have thorough training, and even then the system is so robust that it's difficult to become an expert.

Steve Kim

Broad array of metrics but limited customization

Reviewed 2016-11-03

Some of the out of the box dashboards have become critical for our day to day business but some functionality is also limited. For instance, we are unable to replicate some of their dashboards without the assistance of their professional services team.

Pros
UI, out of the box dashboards

Cons
Limited customization

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jonathan Bunford

Great tool for analyzing Sales metrics!

Reviewed 2016-10-04

I've used InsightSquared at 2 companies over the past 5 years, it's a great tool to use for getting more insight into your sales data. From historical pipeline changes to push analysis, it's all there!

Pros
It's easy to use, tons of pre-built reports and dashboards make it easy to get ROI immediately!

Cons
Some configurations can be tricky to ensure the data is perfect.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Oded Porath

Head of Business Operations

Reviewed 2017-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Very easy to use, very reliable, generates sales driven insights and is heavily leveraged by the entire leadership group

Cons
Could be more customizable, very long and heavy implementation time, requires corporate education to truly implement

Unmatched Platform in Its Space

Reviewed 2018-08-14

5 stars.

Pros
Its strongest features are probably its ease of use, impressive report filtering features, and its out-of-the-box reports and dashboards. Even less analytics savvy users will be able to benefit from a wealth of digestible data from this solution with little or no guidance.

Cons
The admin side of it takes some significant setup, which should be expected from this kind of software.

Insightful application

Reviewed 2016-09-27

I use InsightSquared to help forecast my expected revenue, and also review some of my key states as a salesperson. Overall, I find the application useful as an easy way to turn Salesforce data into visually-appealing, easy to digest pieces of information.

Pros
The graphs, variety of data and pre-built reports are all great.

Cons
The ability to save specific reports and manage filters more efficiently would be welcomed.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Emery Mathieson

New and very happy InsightSquared user.

Reviewed 2016-10-06

Fantastic customer support. Quick responses and always eager to help! While there are many analytics products on the markets, InsightSquared leads the pack by pre-building dashboards and reports based on learned best-practices in the industry.

Steve Kim

Pipeline and activity insight at a glance

Reviewed 2017-07-18

Pros
The platform is easy to navigate and comes with out of the box dashboards that are intuitive and well received across different levels in the company.

Cons
There are some limitations to customization but the platform is constantly being updated. The platform isn't as nimble was we originally thought.

Anonymous

Powerful and useful tool for use throughout the company

Reviewed 2015-06-05

Throughout our company different departments make use of InsightSquared in different ways. InsightSquared delivers useful information. Within my team / department it is important to have a good overview of sales figures. This includes non financial figures pulled through our CRM system Bullhorn. This way we can keep up with our sales targets and at the same time view our financial stats which show us estimates of what our commission will look like.

Pros
- It's an easy to use tool. - It integrates really well with our CRM system Bullhorn

Cons
Data will take several hours to pull from our CRM system. If I see that certain things have been changed on our CRM system, it will still take several hours until I will be able to see this linked to the rest of my stats on InsightSquared

Mark Morton

Product that makes an Impact on your business!

Reviewed 2015-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
flexible and gets you information that makes an impact on your business!

Cons
I dont have more time to spend reviewing all that it has to offer

Anonymous

Fantastic Tool for Sales Insights!

Reviewed 2015-05-05

At our company InsightSquared is used by our sales department and company management to track overall sales performance, to highlight individual sales performance and to help us meet our monthly and quarterly sales targets. It provides a lot of visibility into our goals which was not possible to easily see in Salesforce, through which the data is pulled. It provides the clearest and easiest to assess method of ranking the sales performance of individuals against each other.

Pros
Large set of amazing features and customer support that's great! Has really helped our team

Cons
Doesn't support desk.com for their new support tracking product, which means we can't utilise it in the same way we have for our sales metrics

Easy to use Analytics Tool

Reviewed 2015-03-12

We're currently using the system for our SaaS solution data, but are looking to use it firm-wide (we're an accounting firm) to help with revenue forecasting and better track business development outside of the sales department. It was huge in revealing so many of the issues we had in the ways we were collecting data. Now that the clean-up is wrapping up, we're getting into the data and the analysis it provides has been huge for our sales directors and managers.

Pros
Ability to create dashboards, support is always quick to respond to any issues and happy to help

Cons
No real-time sync, also limited ability to customize reports myself (but support is always quick to respond to any changes I request).

Charlie Gerrior

Dashboards galore!

Reviewed 2018-11-15

Pros
Easy to create various dashboards and charts. Useful tool for viewing/judging sales team metrics.

Cons
Since it uses data from Salesforce, it can be hard to configure.

Jonathan Bunford

InsightSquared Review

Reviewed 2014-10-30

We use InsightSquared on a daily basis. From our sales team to our marketing team it helps us stay on track and keep engaged. Our favourite feature is the full-screen leaderboard available in Salesforce!

Pros
Great full-screen mode available in Salesforce Ability to make custom dashboards to show what is important to you Very responsive support team

Cons
Would like to be able to use the live screen mode outside of Salesforce Would be nice to change task filters more easily then having to contact support (though they're quick when the time arises)