MarcomCentral Enterprise

Customize, manage & share digital assets

MarcomCentral Enterprise Reviews

Pros

After it's set up, it's pretty simple for people to customize their materials. The customer support has been very good and the site is continually being improved.

Christine F.

Justin J.

The account management and support team are a great asset when you are working on a more complex product set.

Valerie K.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that MarCom Central does have restrictions to integrating with some of our business platforms.

Tequila S.

It is not an intuitive system and the training is both costly and time consuming (if one opts to fly out to California.).

Jack C.

I do struggle with the complete process as it is quite involved and we seem to push the limitations of the software quite a bit.

Jodie C.

4.0

Time and Money saved by getting rid of one-off designs

Pros

MarcomCentral did exactly what we expected. It helped us automate our design and printing process by creating templates that took the place of our one-off designs. We were at a point where every business card, in a corporation that had 5,000 employees, was created by one of our designers. We had great support with our implementation team and customer service. They are constantly improving their product, which was great.

Cons

The templates are not "magic" nor could you expect them to be. The front-end was very easy for users, but the back-end needed to be set up by more tech-savvy marketer/designers.

Review of MarcomCentral

Overall, our five-year relationship with MarcomCentral has been positive. While we've hit our roadblocks, the team always arises to the challenge. The software helped us create an environment where local markets can autonomously create marketing/event materials, while achieving brand consistency by locking down the branded design elements and incorporating an approval workflow. The platform, however,...

Pros

MarcomCentral allows us to maintain brand integrity while giving autonomy of marketing material creation to local marketing admins.

Cons

Currently we are experiencing a lot of difficulty migrating from the old to new portal. It does not feel like a thorough QA testing phase was completed with a variety of product types because our products keep turning up new issues. Several integral functionalities were not considered for the new portal, so in some instances, we are taking two steps back in efficiency as a result.

MarcomCentral has robust capability. But, from a UX and admin standpoint, needs work

the benefits is having a location for all things brand from Sentry. We want to keep it simple for users to know where to go, and have quick and easy access to what they need to enhance their workplace duties. The software provides the resource for supporting and strengthening our brand.

Pros

The capability in a vacuum is awesome. It can do many things, and considers many scenarios that required as part of maintaining a businesses brand. I noticed at the last conference and even in conversations, the desire to listen and consider the challenges customers are facing with regards to system needs. The recent hire of UX support is a tremendous step in a great direction to understand use and process and enhance from a user perspective. I mostly enjoy the consideration of the system not just being POD, and instead, being a brand system, with needs for downloads, print, assets, guidelines, templates, videos, etc. This is where MarcomCentral can shine.

Cons

The capability in a vacuum is awesome. The product is better promoted than it performs. As the admin, planner, builder, and user, I see all sides. I can see what it can be but struggle with a system with an attitude. Some days, it is so great, and then something stops working or changes and all things go to hell. I need something I can be an ambassador for and believe in. The unpredictability of new releases, adding functionality, changing settings or altering things intended to improve can have unexpected and timely consequences. I can tell the fundamental system was conceived and built by techs, with limited UX exploration or user consideration.

Thank you Andrew, your comments have been sent to the appropriate teams as we are always looking to improve our platform. We have a new UX and Mobile release coming, which should alleviate a lot of these issues!

Creating a more efficient marketing team by reducing one-off creative requests

1. User-friendly portal internal clients are be able to easily adopt and use 2. Template capabilities 3. Designated caregiver access to create and order materials 4. Ability to build in levels of approvals and assign designated approvers of budgets and creative, copy, imagery, etc. 5. Ability to track utilization and costs by department

Pros

Marcom Central has created shorter lead times and more satisfied clients. Our non-marketing employees are able to create digital collateral on the spot without having to wait for design time, proofing time and the time it takes to get things scheduled. The system is user-friendly and intuitive. The system means we require fewer employee hours, benefits, etc. due to the automation of routine tasks. It has improved operational efficiency. Most importantly, multiple members of the strategic marketing & communications team have greater job satisfaction because they can spend their time doing more meaningful work rather than making routine design updates/changes.

Cons

Customizing the software to fit our workflow was one of our more difficult tasks, however, I look forward to the constant improvements the team at Marcom continues to create to make the user experience better.

Kelsey, Thank you so much for your review! We are always working to better our product to fit your needs. We appreciate your feedback!

We had good experience with the product I have used it for about a year and it's fairly simple.

It's a localized place where users can find collateral and promotional items.

Pros

I like that we can easily add products and how simple it is for our static products. It easy to add users, products and cost centers. The approval process for products is easy and intuitive. It's a localized resource that our users can use.

Cons

The back end of the product is fairly slow. It takes a long time to add products because of how slow it is at times. The reporting for the portal could be better. I know the Business Intelligence feature was created to solve for reporting. Also sometimes we experience difficulty with customizable products. I feel like there's more options to build this out more based on the users needs.

Hi there! Thank you so much for your review. We've forwarded along your concerns to the appropriate teams, and we'd like to send you your thank you -- please contact us at your earliest convenience!

I use it on the front and backend

Pros

I like the most that I can see the edits that I make to the platform live time and make minor edits, such as captions or thumbnail image easily. I like that I can pull reports to see who is ordering and downloading from the site.

Cons

I do think that there are little nuisances on the back end that add up to be quite time consuming, such as having to re-search for products rather than the search saving.

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We'd like to send you a thank you and address your concerns, could you please reach out?

MarcomCentral is so great to work with and their functionality is game changing.

Fully robust tool to help manage our internal assets, ability to customize digital assets or send them to print, a way to share assets across the entire enterprise in simple, easy user interface.

Pros

There are always new features coming out and they really value our feedback to help with future innovations.

Thank you, Giuliana!

Our system was improperly implemented by Marcom and we are struggling everyday because of it.

Pros

The only thing I can say that I like about this software right now is the portal looks nice for our end users.

Cons

We were not taught best practices and have struggled to set up and run our system because of this. Our orders are assigned different order numbers which confuses our vendor and our end users. The digital downloads take quite a while to actually download and we were told this is likely because we have too many customized pieces. We purchased this software because of their promise of ability and functionality to have customized pieces. We were told that we could have resizable ads on the ad for our end users but what we weren't told is that their system simply stretches and distorts the artwork we provide in order to accommodate different ad sizes. It is not the smart resizing we had hoped for (and were sold on).

Thank you for your review, Alexis. I've spoken with your Business Relationship Manager, Dana Dee, and your Customer Success Manager, Heather Rackley, who are both your best resources to address and alleviate your concerns. We also offer training which we highly suggest you take advantage of -- this is where you will learn your best practices for the tool. The teams are ready to explain and fix the issues with image resizing as well -- it sounds like this is a quick solution! Feel free to reach out to me, or your success team members, at your earliest convenience.

My experience with Marcom has been very positive. Great customer service and support.

Pros

We loved the fact that we were able to customize our portal to our specific needs. This has grown to be a great tool to provide all of our marketing material to our network.

Cons

It takes some time to get use to the platform and the back end. Features and functionality are great although you will need training.

Thank you for your glowing review! We'd love to send you a thank you and discuss your concerns, if you could reach out at your earliest convenience!

Overall good on-demand product with a great business relationship team

Pros

Lots of capabilities - far more than previous on-demand systems I have used. Good, trustworthy reporting system. Great relationship managers and team.

Cons

Long lead times to get products programmed. Challenging to get edits or updates outside of strict FusionPro parameters.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business, and I'd like to speak with you personally about your concerns with long lead times. Since you have chosen to review anonymously, please reach out if you'd like!

Great Software. Less than great support

MarcomCentral has an incredible product they offer that is very complex. Some of these complexities go a little beyond what the basic user may understand, which can seem to make an easy task or simple template become tedious. While customization can be made with JavaScript knowledge, MarcomCentral very much limits the customizations possible, even with JavaScript. However, MarcomCentral has one of the better variable data Admin tools available as it offers a wide variety of field types, options and the ability to easily make changes.

Pros

MarcomCentral makes it easy to create basic static product and variable products for users to create. Many settings are self explanatory and the Support Team at MarcomCentral controls a majority of the main settings before implementation.

Cons

MarcomCentral Support controls a lot of the main settings. The support team is almost impossible to reach with emergencies and do not support JavaScript in templates, however they do provide a wizard to help create rules they do not support. Outside of MarcomCentral, there is a JavaScript related forum, but articles are very difficult to filter through and it seems the employees that help out with this do not get paid to do so, so it is completed in off hours.

MarcomCentral review for Capterra

We've had a wonderful experience from set-up, to launch, to support. We've never felt like we were on our own during any stage.

Pros

This software has truly revolutionized how our sales department can access, customize, order and distribute our marketing material. Although it does still happen, having MarcomCentral has really cut back on the one-off requests that our team used to have to drop everything to address. The system is easy to use and maintain. And, when in doubt regarding anything, we know we have a wonderful support team that we can access at any time.

Cons

The start up was a bit daunting. The MarcomCentral team was always upfront about the start-up and the amount of time it would/could take. We were ready to run when we actually had to slow down to a crawl until we got all the back end databases set-up. The team did make all of this much easier and stayed with us through every step until we got way more comfortable and tried everything on our own.

Thank you for the helpful feedback. You and your team have been a pleasure to work with as well.

Marcom has been enjoyable to work with and has really focused on improving the relationship with us.

Pros

Marcom's print-on-demand functionality is fantastic. There are so many possibilities that we are just beginning to explore. There are some integration hiccups but mostly on our end, and Marcom has worked to help us through those as best as they can. Also, they have been very open in discussing improvements that we are looking for and keeping us up to date on the progress of those updates within their own development schedule. The depth of this software is extensive and their customer support personnel are always very friendly and helpful.

Cons

I would say the limited variability on the front end UI, without excessive amounts of Dev hours from Marcom or our internal IT team, is a bit of a downside. It did not seem that this was the case during the initial proposal, and we felt a bit misled during the beginning of our relationship with Marcom. However, they have worked with us extensively to mitigate any of the frustrations or concerns we...

Marcom Review

I think there is lot that I don't know and while our support team has helped us be successful, their support is more reactive than proactive in assisting me. I would like them to tell me what could be done up front rather than waiting for me to ask since I'm so new to the software.

Pros

I think there is a lot of potential for the software but I'm still trying to clean up the products and understand how to set up the various product types.

Cons

The admin portal is slow. I'm still learning how to create efficiencies of the portal but it appears that there are several things that have to be done manually and can't be done in bulk operations. The KnowledgeCenter articles are written for someone who is very familiar with the software rather than novice users (which I consider myself to be).

Jim's Reveiw

MarcomCentral has really helped me streamline my whole inplant print experience. The automation it provides me on the back end, helps me produce work faster. The web based store front on the front end help the users quickly and easily place orders.

Pros

First, ease of use for the end user. Second, I am able to set up separate catalogs/logins for each of the different departments that use the store. Third, the variable data/Fusion Pro templates really makes it easy to get personalized items out. Lastly, the way the billing is handled makes my administration end easier.

Cons

I do not like the way the submit job is handled, especially at the billing end. I do not like there is not a button in the portal that say go to cart.

Great product with a lot of capabilities

Marcom has been a valuable tool for our organization. It allows for many users to access marketing materials in one central location. It's easy for them to use. The functions from searching to downloads and customization make it highly useful. It also alleviates the marketing team from doing one-off requests so they can focus on larger projects while MarComCentral takes care of the daily needs for our sales team.

Pros

It has a large range of capabilities, including digital downloads, "store front", and it's very customizable.

Cons

It's pretty cumbersome on the backend for admins to upload and create new material.

Hi Mindy, We are so pleased to hear you appreciate the versatility of our tool and how it has helped your company with initiatives! We are currently working on a new UX and hopefully this will alleviate any cumbersome issues with the backend. Please don't hesitate to ask your BRM for quicker, easier ways to use the tool. Thanks for the positive review! The MarcomCentral Team

Marcom review

We have had nothing but great experiences with Marcom. This technology has helped us remove production time from the marketing department and allowing us to work on other projects instead. This self-serve tool has allowed our users to utilize the functionality at its fullest. The only issue we have come across is within the Business Intelligence system, which has had some hiccups that haven't allowed us to pull precise reporting. We have not been able to produce reports that can support the complete utilization. We believe once these are corrected we will have everything we need from Marcom and it's system. However, overall this system has been excellent for our company and has been accepted by the majority of our users.

Pros

The customization capabilities overall.

Cons

The low functionality of the rich text editor

Zach, Thank you so much for your positive review. We will work closely with Birst to get these hiccups resolved for your integration, and we are so pleased to hear that the tool overall has been helping you and your company. Thanks again! The MarcomCentral Team

MarcomCentral is a great tool for providing access to digital assets across multiple user groups

The ability to communicate and distribute our marketing assets to our internal and external team members.

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility in how the software can be customized for a users needs, and the ability to share assets with access restrictions is a true benefit for our organization.

Cons

As with all software, we do encounter some bugs from time to time, but the support team is great about addressing any issues that arise. I would like to see a mobile application of the software but I know that is currently in development.

Paul, Thank you so much for your glowing review! Your comments have been passed on, and we appreciate your partnership. I know we'll continue to provide your teams with the flexible technology they need!

Built assets for a Marketing collatoral store

Providing Marketing Materials to associates and sales to sell our insurance products.

Pros

You can add and edit multiple items with the Bulk Ops Feature. You can add many users at a time. Ease of use is a moderate level which is great for Business Analysts

Cons

In the catalog editor, it would be helpful to have all the product in the catalog to have the Product ID display along with the Product Name instead of having to hover over each item individually to see the Prod ID. The Group Names don't automatically list in alphabetical order. you have to click on the Group Name header and was not prevalent how you had to sort them. I had to open a ticket.

For the most part, our experience using MarcomCentral has been positive, it's a great tool for us.

Pros

Cons

There was a big learning curve, and you need the right people on your team to set up your portal. That was very frustrating in the beginning and was much harder to get going than expected.

Christine, Thank you so much for the review! After speaking with you, I am so happy to hear your teams are up and running and you enjoy the tool.

Marcom = Gamechanger

Marcom is a powerful tool that we've adopted for our local marketing teams' use. We've worked with Marcom team members to customize the aesthetic of the portal to our brand, and created products that are used nationwide. The resulting efficiency has positively affected the way we deliver collateral to our stakeholders. As an added benefit, it's also a pleasure to work with the Marcom team.

Cons

MarcomCentral aims to be a game changer to each and every client. Thank you SO much for the feedback. It's a pleasure to work with you and your team as well.

Marcom

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Our directors use this as a great tool for purchasing marketing materials from us

Cons

We haven't had much for issues with this program, but on the occasion that there has been a questions, I've found when leaving a VM with the company I never get a return call.

Ease of use. Random errors can be frustrating at times when the only option is to email support.

Providing our Associates with helpful material that they can personalize or add their contact information to. We've gotten a lot of positive feedback.

Pros

The powerful features it offers. The consumer has power to make things in a way they want and it's enjoyable to see that.

Cons

Random errors again. A simple explanation or a quick tip to try to resolve would be helpful. It's hard to keep the flow of work going when support can only help in that case. More available customer support hours for those working in Central and East coast time zones.

Ethan, Thank you for your kind review and suggestions, which have been passed on to the Client Services team. We're so happy our solution is working for your business needs, and we will do whatever we can to alleviate the random errors you are receiving.

MarcomCentral Review

I've been a big fan of what we're able to do. The training is a little difficult and we don't have a lot of staff members that can pick it up, but once you know how to use it, it's really a great product. Our clientele has really responded positively to it.

Pros

It's very easy for the client to use and I like the flexibility it has with how you can customize.

Cons

It's a little tougher on the back end and takes more time to create items than I would prefer.

Ryan, Thank you so much for your review of MarcomCentral! We're happy to hear the ease of use and customization works well for your company, and we've taken your advice seriously. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you and PGA. Best, The MarcomCentral Team

a good DAM

Overall, it has been such a pleasure during the RFP process and working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was very helpful in explaining how Marcom can support our needs, gave us log in demo to share with our colleagues and was extremely patient with our different team members and several demos he performed. We are now in the kickoff/implementation phase. And the team is working diligently in getting us set up and ready for our launch in February. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very nice and a pleasure to work with.

Pros

Honestly, it's too soon for a review. But throughout the sales process, I found [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to be very patient and understanding of our needs during the RFP process. He walked us through several demos and worked with us on helping us with our needs for a DAM for our company.

Cons

We are in the very early stages of kick off and implementation, I can't provide feedback on this as of today.