ScreenCloud

Remote digital signage & screen content management platform

ScreenCloud Reviews

Lance F.

ScreenCloud has been great. In addition to loving the product and how it fits our needs, customer service has been outstanding.

Carissa M.

It's easy to use and the layout is easy to navigate. The price fits our budget and the customer service is outstanding.

Alana M.

Cons

But when we bought it I no longer saw that feature. You have to create playlists and then arrange them on a channel, adding each playlist one at a time, and it's a little confusing.

Only issue I had was after a recent update to your software I had to reboot all my Fire Stick in all my 23 locations.

Murphy M.

No feature for synchronized playback on different screens/devices.

Vince S.

4.9

Real-Time automated Digital Signage

It allows real-time and automated information about events and happenings at our school.

Pros

We use screen cloud to display live Twitter and Instagram feeds throughout our Campus. The interface is clean, easy to use and accessible via a web browser from everywhere. Lots of additional app integration are available and being added regularly. The Screencloud staff is very responsive and helpful. What I particularly like is the clean design of the displayed apps. It looks very professional.

Cons

Ideally, I would like even more customization on the look and fell of certain apps. But overall there is nothing I dislike so far.

ScreenCloud is very easy to use and the customer service is great!

I enjoy ScreenCloud a lot. It livens up the workplace and is easy to use. The customer service was great and they seem to really care about their customers.

Pros

When looking for a digital signage software, ScreenCloud was a little bit more expensive per screen than competitors, but in my opinion, a lot more easier to understand and use. Also, uploading your own videos and pictures is easy along with scheduling times for certain playlists. The customer service was also phenomenal compared to other software. I would email someone about a question, and then 30 minutes later I would have an answer! The team at ScreenCloud was very helpful and worked with us for a while in order to make sure we understood what we were buying and to help us understand all the different parts of the software.

Cons

The canvas feature has limited customizability and the app store doesn't have a ton of new apps. Using internal links is also not possible at the time but it seems like other services also do not have that feature. However, from talking to customer support, it seems like they are working on new apps and improvements all the time.

Great potential but a lot still to develop

This is just used as our entry way marketing material. This has been more of a head ache than it should have been.

Pros

Ease of use is a fact. I liked the layouts and basic idea of this product. That was about it.

Cons

Needs more native apps. Not a very "smart" program (i.e. have pictures in a custom zone to a special size - this requires me to go back to marketing team to re-edit the photos down to what the app can handle. This should be done as part of the program to allow for overall easier use). While the support team is quick to respond, they missed the mark greatly in actually addressing the issues and are rather snarky when you point out the pitfalls of the program. There are misspellings in the warnings that pop-up throughout their app. It is all around a work in progress.

Hi Mitch, this is Adam, the Head of the Support team at ScreenCloud. I'm really sorry you've been experiencing these issues. We take your feedback seriously, so thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. We're always trying to improve our app and stay on top of an agile work environment and sometimes we don't meet the standards we want to achieve for our customers. Although...

ScreenCloud is a No Brainer!

Pros

I brought on digital signage to our Manufacturing company as a way to reach more employees with announcements and etc. I first want to say, their customer service is top-notch! I started out with a free trial because I wanted to ensure I liked the system and wanted to ensure the back end was easy to use before we purchased it outright. I was nearing the end of my trial and they actually reached out to me and wanted to see if I would be purchasing or if I wanted to keep the trial going a little longer. I needed the trial a little longer so I could show it to my bosses to ensure it was something they could justify paying for. It's a great program and super easy to use!

Cons

I really wish I could organize the canvases I create in the Canvas app. It would be great to be able to organize them based on sizes (because I am utilizing different layouts for different screens and that requires different sizes) Right now I have to search through all of my canvases to find the right one instead of being able to go to a specific folder.

Great Value, Ease of Use, Features, Integration and Customer Service

ScreenCloud has excellent customer service that is fast and knowledgeable. The product is constantly evolving and improving with new features and integration. They provide a lot of very useful and informational instructions and online training in both the technology and the business uses.

Pros

The easy of use, the feature set, the integration, the customer support, and all the great training and information information provided on both the technology and business applications.

Cons

Would be nice to have a virtual test screen feature so you can see the result of your changes before applying it to the actually screen. Right now you have to apply it to the actual screen to see the results of your change.

Great Signage Solution!

We have used the software to broadcast safety-related information throughout our facility. We also use it as a means of getting announcements out there for our HR and Marketing departments.

Pros

The software is very flexible and easy to use.

Cons

While there are a lot of apps to use and ways you can add content, it would be nice to see continued growth in this area. There also appear to be some apps that do not always work or have a sub-par quality to them.

Great solution, smart apps

Marketing, and corona proofing our company. Signs and warnings, and necessary information on keeping people safe

Pros

Ease of use, anywhere, anytime. Apps functionality is good, some require extra payment though. You can throw anything at this content management platform and it will scale/display it.

Cons

No feature for synchronized playback on different screens/devices. Some apps require additional subscriptions/payment. No room for mistakes, if you add a screen (iPhone or iPad)by mistake or as a test Or demo, you will be invoiced immediately.

Great Software Experience

Easy to use the software, great customer service, affordable pricing for nonprofits.

Pros

The last update that came through was a game-changer. We have about 12 TVs throughout the city we live in, advertising events, programs, and businesses. The new software lets me easily update, schedule, and review content whenever I want.

Cons

I had a billing issue where I was being charged foreign transaction fees on my credit card but it seems to have been resolved.

ScreenCloud - Basic Digital Signage for Schools

We are using this for digital signage in our school buildings. Daily updates and school spirit content are rotated on a playlist.

Pros

The interface and setup is generally pretty easy. We have several devices running ScreenCloud across multiple buildings and once it's set up, it just works.

Cons

The interface of the editor is a bit simplistic, and there aren't very many supported content layouts.

Snap

Pros

That we can upload our menus to the software, and that we can have pictures and videos on there also.

Cons

That when the system goes down, you need to reload and relaunch the software

Efficient app for school digital signage, always improving, & strong customer service

Pros

I use this software for the display screens on our K-12 campus. ScreenCloud is completely web-based so it's easy for me to access it at school, at home, or anywhere else, and update on the go. At the moment, you do need to be on a desktop/laptop to access the control panel, but once you have a playlist set up, sometimes it's just a matter of updating a Google document or slide, which can be done from...

Cons

It'd be really convenient to have a ScreenCloud app where I can create/edit playlists and content from my phone. I like the apps that ScreenCloud has provided in their content library. It'd be great if we could customize those apps to match our school colors.

Started with one, now they are at every location in the company.

We now have the ability to get messages out to every employee. Screencloud has improved our communication between management and the staff.

Pros

My favorite part of Screencloud is how it stays connected using a Firestick. If the internet goes down for a minute, it reconnects when it's back up. I started with one screen at my location and corporate liked it so they expanded to 30 or so now.

Cons

We have not been able to get our in-house employee app to sync with Screencloud.

Hi Danny, Thanks a lot for your review. I'm glad to see ScreenCloud has been beneficial for you and your team. I'd love to introduce you to our Account Management team. They'll be able to help you find the best way to show your in-house employee app on your screens and also share tips on how to make the most of your ScreenCloud account. Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll make sure to reach out by email with more details. Thanks a lot, Markella

ScreenCloud is Awesome

We are the most unique public media company in the country, having a school in our corporate headquarters that is by day the satellite campus for Hartford's Journalism & Media | Culinary Arts | High School Inc. High School and at night, veterans and adult learners. ScreenCloud enables us to display exemplary student work and engagingly message the students, professionals and visitors.

Pros

ScreenCloud is super easy to use throughout the process of creation, updating, uploading, posting and scheduling video, pictures and graphics.

Cons

There could be more native functionality, rather than relying on 3rd party apps that require a separate sign-in and fee.

Powerful Digital Singnage Simplified

Pros

Easy to use and portal. Highly flexible and reliable operation. Many Content plugins available for simple drag and drop content extensions. Turn any consumer display device into your own high quality digital display signage. Excellent web interface for management and scheduling. Value for money and great ROI

Cons

Would like more flexibity for admin / management from mobile devices. Additional portal roles for system admins so that they can delegate roles to power users for management of content and schedules.

Simple, but lacking depth.

ScreenCloud is easy to use and works well, but if you're looking for analytics, tech spec reports, quick customer service, affordability, and deep options for power/pro users, then its not the ticket. I won't recommend ScreenCloud for medium to large businesses that use multiple screens in multiple locations. This is made more for a very small business operating 1-5 screens with no need for deep options.

Pros

The simplicity of ScreenCloud is terrific and the web-based UI is well designed.

Cons

ScreenCloud is lacking depth in the user options and file permissions field, there are no analytics, and doesn't work well on the Android platform. For the price per screen, its not competitively priced for large deployments.

Awesomely Easy & Budget Friendly!

Overall, we are extremely happy with ScreenCloud. Incredible service and we love having some eye popping content rather than a sign. Love the ease of signing in, and may add screens!

Pros

The options for installation. We went with an Intel Compute Stick, and it was incredibly easy to setup and operate. LOVE the many ways you can customize the screen layout, the ease of creating playlists, uploading content, and LOVE THE APPS! We use the news ticker on the bottom at all times, toss in the weather once in a while, etc.

Cons

We initially used the Google Slides app to pull in the various images we wanted. That became problematic in grabbing the feed, so we went and uploaded the files directly. Wish it was easy to schedule, I have not had time to really optimize the scheduling feature, as it seems like it would take quite a bit of time.

Focus on your content and they do the rest

I manage 8 screens for a restaurant/bar. The menus are constantly changing as they move on to new craft beers and wines. With ScreenCloud, I can manage all screens from home or on the go, change them when I need to and schedule how long I want it to show on the screens before changing to a screen with our specials or a screen showing what our live music will be this week. I can even change the screen on the fly when someone is celebrating a birthday to make them feel super special. The ease of use makes my job a lot more fun as I can focus more time on graphics and content rather than commuting to and from the restaurant 5 times a week to manually change the screens.

Pros

This program is easy to use and confirms to my busy lifestyle. I can change screens from home, while I am on the go or while I am looking at the screens.

Cons

I wish it were compatible with iPad. I can delete things through the browser on my iPad but cannot add content.

Flexible Community Digital Signage

I went through a two-week trial of the 2015 version of ScreenCloud and it surpassed my expectations. Shortly after, ScreenCloud Studio became available and I switched over. The Studio allows for complex scheduling, which is great. The dashboard is really intuitive and easy to use. There are ample tutorials that help me get the most out of the platform. And, there are so many apps available that I'm still finding new ones to implement.

Pros

The functionality of this software is so diverse. I chose the software to replace an in-house TV channel with significant cost savings. Along the way, I was able to convert paper corkboards into digital displays and am now working on a touch screen kiosk for our community. Our company had been looking at using three separate vendors to accomplish these projects. This software is easy to use and the more I use it, the more features I find.

Cons

ScreenCloud Studio is still new, and I switched over immediately so I've had a few hiccups, but the support team is extremely responsive.

ScreenCloud is Exactly What We Needed...

Screencloud support is extremely responsive when I had a question as well as an issue. The thing I like most about ScreenClodu is it just works. It is basically set it and forget it if that is the approach you want to take. It can also be as hands on as you want.

Pros

The ease of use of the product, and the ability to utilize with different mediums such as FireStick and Chromecast. I also like the ability to seamlessly add content to our library, the scheduling ability and the available apps. There are just so many good things about the solution.

Cons

I would like to see discounts for multiple screens.

ScreenCloud is simple and flexible

I inherited ScreenCloud from an employee that never fully implemented the installation. I took it over the project and got it implemented in about a day. That includes setup of several applications being used across multiple displays. The message here is that it's simple.

Pros

ScreenCloud is simple to setup and flexible to apply to multiple displays, i.e. TVs.

Cons

Most of the APPS that comes with ScreenCloud is useful but limited. I don't like some of the limitations but it seems that the developers have been working to improve the capability so newer features might be coming.

Perfect solution for our campus

Pros

Screen Cloud is a simple interface that is easy to learn with the regular turnover of our student workers. Engaging, and creative content can be easily created and scheduled within minutes. As the administrator the simple interface allows me to quickly address issues my users have. If I do need to call support, they are helpful, friendly, and solve the issue right away.

Cons

The ability to schedule content for longer than a week. Allowing pieces of content to exprire on a certain date. Word has it they are working on an update soon to address these issues.

Digital Signage Made Easy

Pros

The ease of use and the interface of the management software. It's super simple and they have a great knowledge base to help you find answers to common (and not so common) questions. The content is amazing, too! The ability to play videos and display your Facebook/Google recommendations was the selling point. We have a constant loop of company branded videos, links to website and social media, company announcements, as well as a weather and news feed to keep people in our lobbies entertained.

Cons

Depending on your hardware setup, some apps require additional tweaking to make sure they work well, but it is nothing too difficult.

Great Product, always adding quality options. I've implemented Screen Cloud at 2 organizations.

It has worked beautifully in our context, and I am always recommending it to other churches/camps.

Pros

We use it for several teams at different sites and schedules. The flexibility to customize the content at different times is simple and I love that I can do this from anywhere (with internet).

Cons

Some extra customization to the schedule would be great. For example, when we have a weekend event, it'd be great to be able to create the schedule to turn on and back off for that event in advance. I think pricing for bulk screen would be great too. For example, we have 2 TV's that are always playing the same content in the same building, but in different areas. It'd be great to pay for 1 screen instead of 2 in that case.

Super good, The product is super good and easy to use. I tried others and these guys are the best.

Ease of use great support from the Screen cloud team runs on inexpensive hardware

Pros

Ease of use. I have tried others which really didn't work. This product is easy to use and gives great results. + the new apps look fab. On the occasion when I have contacted screen cloud they have been lovely to work with. Very helpful and they gave great recommendations. I couldn't be happier with the product and the support. If there were extra stars that I could give I would.

Cons

I work for a small charity and funds are always tight. So the cost is the only thing I could see as a negative. Saying this having tested other products the price is definitely worth it for this product.

Pros and Cons

Pros

Ease of use and drag and drop. Scheduling

Cons

For automation A lot depends on the equipment you have to operate screencloud. Often the equipment let you down rather than the screen cloud system