ScreenCloud Logo

ScreenCloud

Remote digital signage & screen content management platform

ScreenCloud Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.29/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

ScreenCloud has been great. In addition to loving the product and how it fits our needs, customer service has been outstanding.
It's easy to use and the layout is easy to navigate. The price fits our budget and the customer service is outstanding.
But when we bought it I no longer saw that feature. You have to create playlists and then arrange them on a channel, adding each playlist one at a time, and it's a little confusing.
Only issue I had was after a recent update to your software I had to reboot all my Fire Stick in all my 23 locations.
No feature for synchronized playback on different screens/devices.

DM

Danny M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 501-1,000 employees

Started with one, now they are at every location in the company.

We now have the ability to get messages out to every employee. Screencloud has improved our communication between management and the staff.

Pros

My favorite part of Screencloud is how it stays connected using a Firestick. If the internet goes down for a minute, it reconnects when it's back up. I started with one screen at my location and corporate liked it so they expanded to 30 or so now.

Cons

We have not been able to get our in-house employee app to sync with Screencloud.

Hi Danny, Thanks a lot for your review. I'm glad to see ScreenCloud has been beneficial for you and your team. I'd love to introduce you to our Account Management team. They'll be able to help you find the best way to show your in-house employee app on your screens and also share tips on how to make the most of your ScreenCloud account. Let me know if you'd be interested and I'll make sure to reach out by email with more details. Thanks a lot, Markella

WB

Whit B.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

It works for us, for the most part!

We use Screencloud on 7 screen across campus to deliver information to the campus community. It is simple and easy to manage. There are a lot of additional integrations that allow you to display news, local weather, bus schedules, countdowns and really anything you would need. For our purposes, we typically run a Google Slide deck so that we can collaborate with others across campus on the content.

Pros

The remote screen management is the most important feature of Screencloud. They have a lot of templates and integrations that we can use but we have found that the most simple integration that we can use to collaborate with various content owners is Google Slides.

Cons

We run Screencloud on several tv screen across campus through Amazon Firesticks. Ideally, if a television is turned off, when it is turned on again, Screencloud should automatically start. It works most times but occasionally we will have to manually open Screencloud. The Firestick will also go to sleep between playlists if there is nothing scheduled which means we have to manually restart the Firestick.

Hi Whit, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback or learn more about solving your issues with the Firestick, please reach out to our support team at support@screencloud.com

SK

Steve K.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A great product, but not competitive pricing

Pros

We have used ScreenCloud for over a year. I always thought it was too expensive per screen. I had a need for a second screen to be added, and I came across OptiSigns. I reached out to ScreenCloud and asked about the second screen and if they could be competitive. I was told no. OptiSigns does the same thing as ScreenCloud, and even used our existing hardware (firetv stick), and is half the cost. At $10 per screen, it's a reasonable price for use to expand to more screens. So we switched.

Cons

The cost was too high, and there are similar and better priced products available.

VS

Vince S.

Music, 51-200 employees

Great solution, smart apps

Marketing, and corona proofing our company. Signs and warnings, and necessary information on keeping people safe

Pros

Ease of use, anywhere, anytime. Apps functionality is good, some require extra payment though. You can throw anything at this content management platform and it will scale/display it.

Cons

No feature for synchronized playback on different screens/devices. Some apps require additional subscriptions/payment. No room for mistakes, if you add a screen (iPhone or iPad)by mistake or as a test Or demo, you will be invoiced immediately.

PP

Paul P.

Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

ScreenCloud is Awesome

We are the most unique public media company in the country, having a school in our corporate headquarters that is by day the satellite campus for Hartford's Journalism & Media | Culinary Arts | High School Inc. High School and at night, veterans and adult learners. ScreenCloud enables us to display exemplary student work and engagingly message the students, professionals and visitors.

Pros

ScreenCloud is super easy to use throughout the process of creation, updating, uploading, posting and scheduling video, pictures and graphics.

Cons

There could be more native functionality, rather than relying on 3rd party apps that require a separate sign-in and fee.

SB

Sarah B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Focus on your content and they do the rest

I manage 8 screens for a restaurant/bar. The menus are constantly changing as they move on to new craft beers and wines. With ScreenCloud, I can manage all screens from home or on the go, change them when I need to and schedule how long I want it to show on the screens before changing to a screen with our specials or a screen showing what our live music will be this week. I can even change the screen on the fly when someone is celebrating a birthday to make them feel super special. The ease of use makes my job a lot more fun as I can focus more time on graphics and content rather than commuting to and from the restaurant 5 times a week to manually change the screens.

Pros

This program is easy to use and confirms to my busy lifestyle. I can change screens from home, while I am on the go or while I am looking at the screens.

Cons

I wish it were compatible with iPad. I can delete things through the browser on my iPad but cannot add content.

BK

Bryce K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Great Software Experience

Easy to use the software, great customer service, affordable pricing for nonprofits.

Pros

The last update that came through was a game-changer. We have about 12 TVs throughout the city we live in, advertising events, programs, and businesses. The new software lets me easily update, schedule, and review content whenever I want.

Cons

I had a billing issue where I was being charged foreign transaction fees on my credit card but it seems to have been resolved.

JT

Jessica T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Flexible Community Digital Signage

I went through a two-week trial of the 2015 version of ScreenCloud and it surpassed my expectations. Shortly after, ScreenCloud Studio became available and I switched over. The Studio allows for complex scheduling, which is great. The dashboard is really intuitive and easy to use. There are ample tutorials that help me get the most out of the platform. And, there are so many apps available that I'm still finding new ones to implement.

Pros

The functionality of this software is so diverse. I chose the software to replace an in-house TV channel with significant cost savings. Along the way, I was able to convert paper corkboards into digital displays and am now working on a touch screen kiosk for our community. Our company had been looking at using three separate vendors to accomplish these projects. This software is easy to use and the more I use it, the more features I find.

Cons

ScreenCloud Studio is still new, and I switched over immediately so I've had a few hiccups, but the support team is extremely responsive.

LF

Lance F.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

ScreenCloud is Exactly What We Needed...

Screencloud support is extremely responsive when I had a question as well as an issue. The thing I like most about ScreenClodu is it just works. It is basically set it and forget it if that is the approach you want to take. It can also be as hands on as you want.

Pros

The ease of use of the product, and the ability to utilize with different mediums such as FireStick and Chromecast. I also like the ability to seamlessly add content to our library, the scheduling ability and the available apps. There are just so many good things about the solution.

Cons

I would like to see discounts for multiple screens.

SS

Steven S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

ScreenCloud is simple and flexible

I inherited ScreenCloud from an employee that never fully implemented the installation. I took it over the project and got it implemented in about a day. That includes setup of several applications being used across multiple displays. The message here is that it's simple.

Pros

ScreenCloud is simple to setup and flexible to apply to multiple displays, i.e. TVs.

Cons

Most of the APPS that comes with ScreenCloud is useful but limited. I don't like some of the limitations but it seems that the developers have been working to improve the capability so newer features might be coming.

MM

Matthew M.

A great, simple solution

Awesome to work with, personable and relatable sales team really wants whats best for the customer, not the bottom dollar.

Pros

Ease of use and user interface are top notch. Takes all of 3 seconds to get your bearings. Hardware options are affordable and accessible and requires no specialized equipment. I'm excited to implement this fully

Cons

Mobile interface would be cool, and situational signage i.e. ScreenCloud interpreting google meetings and displaying a welcome note to visitors 15 minutes prior.

Hi Matthew, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at support@screencloud.com

PM

Paul M.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Loving using it - just a bit expensive

No issues

Pros

It was so easy to use and did exactly what we needed it to.

Cons

I found no problems with it at all - easy to use

Hi Paul, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at support@screencloud.com

DE

Don E.

Great digital signage

Pros

ScreenCloud is easy to use. Easy to set up. Works on most hardware. If you are a Google School or Business, ScreenCloud has many apps to integrate with Google

Cons

If you divide screens into teams, it would be nice to be able to administer all the screens from one login if you are an administrator

BT

Belinda T.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

ScreenCloud evaluation for Manufacturing Plant

I watched the webcast recording that our rep provided (I missed the live webcast). It was awesome. I am now recommending ScreenCloud as our digital signage option. It is so easy to use and has so much to offer compared to other services I have tested.

Pros

I was charged with evaluating different digital signage services. I found ScreenCloud to be the most cost-friendly flexible option. They offer unlimited FREE support, training and a wide range of apps to really customize our messages. I watched the training webcast done by our rep, who was very friendly, charming and informative. I have not yet implemented it but I have recommended it as our solution. Other services were bulky, some were outrageously priced and required expensive hardware, additional costs to develop or customize their "templates" or hidden costs for a lot of the apps. Support and training was not unlimited and/or free.

Cons

I do wish that it worked directly with Samsung Smart TVs without the TV sticks. It does with Android TV's OS but not the Samsung OS.

Sarah E.

Sports, 201-500 employees

ScreenCloud has been an incredible, easy solution for employee messaging

Pros

Simple interface and the ability to make changes that immediately take effect. The features available are great as well.

Cons

having to register the player to the screen, we've encountered a few issues where the app gets unregistered somehow and we have to re-enter the access code

AZ

Anthony Z.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Pretty Awesome Application

We have found it to be the best application for our needs. We use it daily (and often many times daily). It's such a great tool to have. Keeps everyone informed and makes us look cutting edge.

Pros

Does everything we need. Terrific price. Looks professional. Easy to use.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve on getting the Chromecast setup to start using the ScreenCloud, but that's very, very minimal.

MM

Murphy M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Product with Wonderful Support

Being able to make one slide show and push it to all my locations at one time and change the format remotely on the fly

Pros

How east it is to setup, and all the different add-ons you guys offer

sg

simon g.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Fantastic software

this is the best software to run our screens

Pros

This is so easy to set up you don't have to be a wizz kid to set it up and it works right out of the box

Cons

there is virtually nothing I can say we don't like

RW

Reid W.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Employee Engagement Made Easy

Overall I really enjoyed ScreenCloud. It was a very effective tool to maintain communication with employees in multiple working locations.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. We also used multiple displays with ease.

Cons

I had a difficult time attaching a GIF file to the presentation.

Jerome V.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

ScreenCloud Review

We needed a professional looking and easy to use screen control app for our lobby. This was the best by far.

Pros

Ease of use. Professional look. This was the best app by far.

Cons

Would like to be able to cycle through apps within the schedule.

FS

Frankie S.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Best signage solution I've seen

I was running mac minis with custom kiosk software, and having to remote in to transfer files for any changes with each machine. Screencloud allows me to manage the playlists much more easily.

Pros

I love that this software is manageable within my browser, works with my machines and is very easy to set up. I especially love that I can add/remove media within minutes. And if there's a power outage or wifi problem, the ads keep running since the software caches the playlist on the machine.

Cons

Nothing really, it does what I need it to.

AM

Ari M.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Does EXACTLY what it claims! That means something!!

Excellent. A little pricey, but still delivers a good value.

Pros

Cons

So far, ScreenCloud does everything I need it to do and more.

Soo K.

Retail,

I cannot describe how easy and simple it is to use ScreenCloud. Best customer service as well!

I can promote our company news and highlights, any major announcement as well as show updates on daily news, weather alerts, etc.

Pros

How easy and simple it is to use! I've installed about 20 screens throughout our building and works instantly with no lag. So easy to customize each floor for any needs.

Cons

Dependent on wifi and network. However, as long as you have a strong network, you are safe and can use the software very easily.

JB

James B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great concept

Pros

I like the ease of getting stuff onto my digital sign, the ability to edit the timing and schedule different things/playlists for different times of the day.

Cons

I wish there were more features and templates built into the software for as much as it is. I feel this is very pricey for what it is.

TP

Tudor P.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Great product, easy use, full of features

great. excited

Pros

Functions perfectly intuitive, no previous knowledge or training needed. Lots of features, apps and little helpers.

Cons

Could use more apps and integration of external sources could be better.

Hi Tudor, thank you so much for leaving us a review. It's great to see the value you're getting from using ScreenCloud and it's always a nice boost for the team to see their efforts recognized. We strive to create a great experience for our users and always welcome feedback on how we can make further improvements. If you'd like to submit additional feedback, please reach out to our support team at support@screencloud.com