TextMagic Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

We have been using TextMagic for over a year now and we love the simplicity of use, detailed reporting, and great price.
Running a small business I appreciate a good product made better by simplicity of use. On the one occasion I needed to speak to someone they could not have been more helpful.
Seamless integration & excellent support team. We have used it for more than 2 years now & it has never let us down.
It was confusing, at first, to understand when to use the different numbers.
Only being available on browser is sometimes inconvenient. It also doesn't incorporate images that well.
No options for employees to reply. Sometimes adding pictures or files can be difficult.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

LOVE LOVE LOVE this program

Pros

This program was found by accident through a google search. Try the free phone number lookup for the customers cell vendor. Then I was able to use the composing text messages for customer that did not have a voice mail set up or not accepting calls.

Cons

The whole program is paid for but only .04 cent a look up.

NS

Nicole S.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use!

TextMagic makes it easy for us. Every day we text an unlimited number of customers whose insurance premiums have changed. Our customer express appreciation for the text message.

Pros

I appreciate the pay-as-you-go option and not having to be locked into a contract. Our company is changing systems, so the no-contract option is best for our current situation. The customized templates making sending text messages so easy. The Block feature is comforting that we won't accidentally text a customer who stated did not want to receive text messages. I really love the Scheduled Text feature. This allows me to prepare the list of texts early in the AM and have them delivered after a certain time or divide the customer messages in spurts instead of all at once. I also like to see the text replies right in Text Magic.

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con because I don't know if it's possible, but I wonder if TextMagic can be integrated with the new account system that we get next year and automatically send text messages under defined account conditions. I would like for a customer to be able to reply to a message "stop" or something and that number be added automatically to the Blocked list. Is TextMagic going to incorporate mass Email one day?

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is possible for your recipients to reply STOP and they will be unsubscribed automatically. Please read more about it here: https://support.textmagic.com/faq/opt-in-and-opt-out-from-lists/ We had no plans to incorporate mass email, as our company focuses on business text messaging services. If this changes in the future we will definitely update our customers.

LF

Leah F.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

DO NOT USE

All messages deleted, our number that we have had for 3 years deleted, no response from support

Cons

We are sincerely sorry that your data was deleted. Again, we wish to assure you that your data was deleted by the person who logged into your account and was not the fault of TextMagic or its employees. We have also restored all the information that this situation caused you to lose. TextMagic can set up account permissions for you to avoid situations where data is accidentally deleted. If you need more help with this type of situation, please let us know via support@textmagic.com and we will be most happy to assist you.

JH

Jim H.

Consumer Services, self-employed

A feature rich and easy to manage SMS/MMS tool

Due to the system's ease of use and robust support pages, I don't believe we have had to reach out for support one time. The delivery rates for the SMS/MMS' are nearly 100 percent consistently, and overall it has been a real winner for the company and the staff that consistently use it.

Pros

After looking at and testing several SMS/MMS applications, we found Text Magic to be the easiest to build out and implement into our multi-department, varying needs, company culture. The process seemed more intuitive and seamless than all of the other options out there, from uploading our contacts with specific field names, creating user accounts, purchasing and setting up unique phone numbers for different users and departments, and the rollout. The key features we use and value most are: 1. Contact List options allow us to segment our lists into prospect status versus existing customer status and more. 2. Sub Account Management 3. SMS and MMS options which enable us to send graphic content for promotional purposes 4. Reporting and audit features to monitor usage and customer responses

Cons

Though the software does have an MMS option, it does not allow the user to send bulk MMS messages, which would be nice for marketing to new customers or sending graphic content to our existing customer base without having to do it one contact at a time.

MW

Mike W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

A hugely important cog for our business

We build websites on a pay-on-performance basis, whereby instead of paying for a website to be built and then paying again for it to be optimised, our customers only pay for the new business enquiries we generate for them through the site we build them. We charge per new business enquiry, so we wanted to find something where we could notify our customers (largely tradesmen) by text, providing caller...

Pros

Ease of use, seamless integration, personalisation

Cons

Nothing

CD

Carmen D.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

easy to use

It has helped us keep in contact with our parents.

Pros

-how easy it is to add contacts -how easy it is to text single and multiple contacts at once -automatic funds renewal

Cons

It would be nice if the account could be suspended during the summer instead of incurring fees even when not in use.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We highly value our customers and their feedback. We apologize for the confusion. You can always cancel your dedicated number and turn off the auto-recharge feature on your account in order to avoid any additional fees: https://support.textmagic.com/article/manage-auto-recharge-and-payment-methods Should you have any further questions, please contact support@textmagic.com.

MH

Michelle H.

Research, 1-10 employees

TextMagic brings the magic and ease of texting!

Overall, TextMagic is a really great software to use! The experience has been very good and I find it to be extremely helpful and convenient.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the ability to schedule text messages to be sent at a later day/time. This tool has proven to be extremely convenient and helpful! It's quick, easy, and is effective in sending people reminders. I also like the template feature. It is very helpful and easy when needing to send the same text message to more the one person. Additionally, the amount of text characters available to send in a text are great because it does not limit or cut down the message you are trying to send.

Cons

This software is great and there is nothing to dislike about it!

IC

Isabelle C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Best Interface, User-Friendly, Professional, A Little Pricey Though

I am yet to find a match for TextMagic, possessing the full power and capabilities. TextMagic is the best. I definitely recommend!

Pros

TextMagic is highly reliable as a communications provide. I've been using this software since 2001 and never had a single issue with it. The text message service is perfect with a delivery rate of 99.9%. Great features when it comes to Custom Sender ID, contact list building and reporting.

Cons

My only little remark with TextMagic is the price. It should get lower, to be more affordable, and if not, offer some daily, unlimited packages for example.

BH

BRETT H.

Automotive, 5,001-10,000 employees

THIS IS VERY GOOD PRODUCT TO USE

THEY HAVE FIXED ALL MY ISSUES IN TIMEY MATTER AND THEIR WERE VERY FEW ISSUES I HAVE OVER 2 YEARS OF USEING THEIR PRODUCT, MOST ISSUES WERE SOMETHING I DID ANYWAYS SO THE PRODUCT IS VERY WELL RUNNING . WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT IS YOU CAN SEND MASS BULK TEXT FOR YOUR CUSTOMER BASE, IT IS VERY EASY TO USE AND I LOVE HOW IF YOUR COMPUTER FREEZER UP AND YOU HAVE RESTART IT AND WHEN YOU RELOAD TEXT MAGIC IT WILL SAVE ALL YOUR CURRENT PROGESS SO YOU WONT USE ANYTHING, THEY ALLWAYS HAVE FEATURE CALLED TEXT FORWARD TO CALL TO WERE IF SOMEONE WANTS TO CALL YOU , YOU CAN FORWARD IT TO YOUR CELL WITHOUT THEM KNOWING YOUR PERSONAL CELL NUMBER.. AWSOME PRODUCT

Pros

that text magic keeps it up to date and they keep on updateing it for better use i love it

Gaynor D.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Great for the price with no contractual obligations

Wanted a way to keep in touch with staff on a daily basis during the pandemic and this worked perfectly using the survey option for daily availability options. May not be what it was designed for but works perfectly. Definitely a tool we will keep using long after this crisis is over to keep in touch with staff and for surveys.

Pros

Easy to set up and start using both as a straight SMS service and as a survey for daily availability options.

Cons

Main downside was the inability to set up recurring surveys - would have been even easier if we could have scheduled the survey to run for multiple days.

Jamie R.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

It works like it should

Overall it's a solid tool with little to no issues to speak of. There are other options out there but this one works reliably for us.

Pros

The backend is easy to use and intuitive and it was a breeze to set up our texts, lists, and contacts.

Cons

The one thing I wish it did and have confirmed with their support team that it doesn't is to run campaigns for weekdays only, omitting the weekends.

AD

Alan D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Textmagic has become an essential tool for running our business.

The benefits are many. Our business is Internet Marketing. Some of our clients do not use email or social media. Some do not even have a computer! Thanks to TEXTMAGIC we can easily communicate with their moblie phones without using one ourselves,

Pros

It allows us to send text messages from the office using a full sized keyboard and to store incoming messages along with emails.

Cons

Nothing at all. It does everything that we need. What more can we say without waffling!

LC

Lorraine C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easy to navigate and use

This is a great business tool in the new world of technology, everyone has a phone and communication is quick and easy.

Pros

The software is easy to use, you can monitor the cost of each text sent, easy to upload and delete contact information, you can see the history of texts sent and monitor the users.

KB

Kayla B.

I have used other texting software, but this was by far the easiest to learn.

Increases the number of people I can contact in less time.

Pros

I love how simple it is to import contacts and make lists for every category I need. I also love the ability to set up a text to be sent automatically on a day that you may not be in the office. The ability to make templates saves so much time too! Overall, I love this product and can't imagine one beating it.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is that it sends the texts in multiple text messages. I wish there was a way to increase the number of characters in one text. Sometimes when the receiver gets the message, it is out of order and can be hard to read.

LP

Linda P.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Easy to use - great way to keep in touch with clients

I'm not one to talk over the phone. I love technology for this. I give my clients to option to keep in touch by phone, email or text. Most clients prefer texting so this software gives me the opportunity to keep in touch with them.

Pros

The software is user friendly and it's a great way to keep in touch with clients. It's effective and easy to access.

Cons

There's nothing really that I dislike about the software. Again, it's a quick way to keep in touch with clients

RL

Roisin L.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Bookings made easy

Even though we only have five guest rooms, it's great to receive a text to tell us about each booking. We often use these texts when we're updating our calendar, because we can see in an instant every booking that's been made, most recent first.

Pros

Simple and uncomplicated

Cons

Nothing

JN

Jeff N.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Thank you Text Magic!

We are a property management company and our monthly rent collection and arrears is quickly resolved by texting our tenants! we have have seen a 75% increase in arrears collection when switching to text. Thanks Text Magic!

Pros

It just works and the ability to use templates makes our day to day process much faster.

Cons

nothing , whats not to like, the software works exactly how we want it to.

JP

Julian P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Valuable part of our business

We offer customers the ability to text us for quick answers. We text customers if we have a mobile no. (with delivery info). Means no chance of our delivery instructions going to Spam.

Pros

Easy to use. Reasonably priced. Just works. Has an app so we can answer wherever.

Cons

No cons at all it all just works as it should work.

LO

Lucy Oloumi O.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

textmagic sending appointment reminders

too many clicks back and forwards to list and compose and schedule

Pros

I like the fact that my clients can respond

Cons

some of the features are a bit clunky I have a list of clients who I message every week and I feel that the service could be slicker in managing this type of use.

LK

Luana K.

Human Resources, 10,001+ employees

Professional & reliable service

Whenever I have to liaise with Text magic, I always am treated individually and with respect, efficiency and professionalism. High ownership and very personable.

Pros

Cons

nothing

FH

Fernando H.

11-50 employees

Text Magic, a valuable tool

We have been using Text Magic sinc 2009 for urgent communication with our extended network of translators worldwide.

Pros

Reliability

Cons

It could be less expensive

rw

robyn w.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

good application

Pros

easy to use no problems at all. I like the saved templates that they provide or you can customize your own

Cons

I used this for over a year on a daily basis and never came across any issues

DD

Doncho D.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Easy way to reach a large customer base over text

Pros

We do a lot of text campaigns and are always on the lookout for efficient ways to organize that.Our search ended after we found TextMagic .It's really easy to install ,use and coordinate with .

Cons

Only being available on browser is sometimes inconvenient . It also doesn't incorporate images that well .But if you need to send images,you probably need a mass email tool .

Hello. Thank you for your feedback! Please feel free to try our mobile app. To download the app, please check the following link: https://my.textmagic.com/online/downloads/trial Please note, that the app has a limited number of available functions. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us: support@textmagic.com

CM

Clint M.

I personally highly recommend TextMagic outstanding services.

The Business Challenge We wanted to notify our customers through push notifications of new content available on our site, as well as keeping them informed of the latest work we've done on their website or mobile app. The challenge was to make sure that our customers get notified right away of any updates or changes and the fastest way was to use SMS notifications. How TextMagic Helped We looked...

CP

Carrianne P.

1-10 employees

Easy to use, helpful, and quick.

Easy to contact customers as they don't always have time to answer phone calls.

Pros

You can create templates if you're sending the same message over and over. You get to see when the message has been delivered.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a pop up to tell you if someones number was incorrect. There is no spell check.