ClickBid Reviews

Pros

Customer Service is awesome and quite responsive; The Appeal Display is a great feature for donor recognition onsite. Learning You-Tube videos are a easy to use format.

Pam S.

The check out process, which used to be a nightmare, was so fast and easy. We were just so pleased, and the customer rep onsite (Jennifer Ruprich) was excellent, she was very patient and helpful.

Esmeralda Z.

Cons

We had some problems when we opened up the site to our group for registration. There were many errors and the site shut down because so many people were registering at once.

Jamie D.

We had trouble with authorize.net check out not accepting payment due to error codes, first with addresses, then with decimals (Code: 619).

Anna B.

Can be confusing first time through, capturing the fund a need was challenging at first because of the different screens we needed to checkout on.

Al T.

4.6

I used Click Bid for my annual charity auction and it was easy to use.

We raised a record amount of money the past two years we used this software for our annual charity auction. Also the ease of using the software allowed us more time to concentrate on other things pertaining to the auction because we did not have to worry about the software working properly.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use and also loads bid items, etc. very quickly. Bidders are notified when they are out-bid which I think helped us to raise record amounts with this auction the past two years we have used ClickBid. Also, the amount of reports that are available post-event were really helpful to our accountant and the rest of the staff.

Best auction ever!

I loved it! From ease of use on our end to ease of use on the donor end. Even when we go back to doing our event live, we will be continuing to use Clickbid.

Pros

I love using Clickbid. It was super easy to set up and for data-nerds like myself, fun to use. This was our first time doing our silent auction online. We almost doubled what our silent auction did the year before.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was I thought that the reporting could have been easier to understand.

I have used Clickbid for my organization's annual charity auction for three years.

Makes the auction easier to manage for our volunteers and attendees.

Pros

Our organization previously conducted the auction on paper and handled the check out process ourselves. Moving to an online platform has made the process much easier and has required fewer volunteers to manage. It has also been more convenient for our attendees.

Cons

Getting follow up information and summaries after the event is cumbersome and not at all intuitive. Totals and wrap up information is spread out in different areas, not well defined, and takes a lot of time to figure out.

This is great feedback. It will help us organize our post event better. We have several updates that will assist this process.

Great for nonprofits

We give them an A+! Great for small nonprofits with a limited budget.

Pros

We love the ease of use and great price for our nonprofit. We used another auction software last year which was very difficult to set up. ClickBid has been a breeze as far as their onboarding and set up. They have been quick to respond to our support requests. The whole process has been pleasant.

Cons

ClickBid makes it easy by limiting customization. So while I wish we could make our landing page a little more customized, I will gladly trade that for the ease in the rollout.

Excellent Customer Service

I used ClickBid for one of our charity events in 2015. It was the first time we took the leap and moved from a very tedious paper process to an online software. From the beginning ClickBid's customer service was excellent, they understood that we were new and they always had a solution for all of our issues. We were able to open the silent auction 3 days earlier which created a lot of buzz. We...

Cons

Excellent analysis of the pros and cons. Over the summer we plan to release several new features including multiple images, robust catalog guides using MS Word and photo editing (cropping, rotating, resizing).

UMD Athletics Fall Fling Dinner & Auction

This is our third year using ClickBid for our event. They have always been great to work with. Their customer support is outstanding!

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

The ticketing and bidder systems do not "talk" to each other.

Great feedback! We are working on providing more integration with tickets and bidders. Our goal is not to automatically assign bidders from ticket sales. In the past, this has confused clients and created duplicates. However, we continue to look at ways to seamlessly move guests to bidders without any confusion.

I got out of the paper trap and love Clickbid!

Pros

2 years ago we moved our silent auction from paper to online with Clickbid. It made things SO MUCH easier and we raise more money! It is easy to add silent auction items and it is easy for people to bid - in fact, because they can bid from anywhere (vs at the event, in the silent auction room) we raise more money and people get in bidding wars!! We also love the reporting. Very easy reporting with valuable information about our event.

Cons

I wish the event registration and silent auction modules were tied together better. It works, but it could work better.

I have used clicking for a large live and silent auction several years running.

Pros

Super user friendly, flexible, constantly improving. I like that I can easily manage every detail of my event in one place.

Cons

Hard to say. Each year I have used it, it's gotten better. My main complaint last year was that you could figure out which bidders were outbidding you but, this year, thats corrected. I do wish that you couldnt potentially just put in someone else its bidder number and bid so easily.

Excellent customer support pre- during and post-event.

Pros

Pretty easy to configure, great YouTube videos with how-tos. I also like that we can do mas uploads of images and data, as well as mass extracts for reporting.

Cons

Some types of auction formats are not supported. Also the landing page for the auction is not necessarily intuitive to set up - requires intervention by the ClickBid team.

Best remote support of any of the applications I used this year. Easy to use overall.

Pros

Cons

My challenge was generating a report combined with Event Sales/Donations and Online Donantions. It could have been user error but I'm short on time to investigate. Would like option for mutiple users with different roles within application.

Silent Auctions 2.0

- Increased revenue - Increased amount of bids - Better collection of attendee contact information - Pre-event engagement

Pros

We love using ClickBid! We have an annual event with a revolving door of committee members, so the reports are awesome and the instant data is fantastic compared to the use of paper sheets. We also love the ClickBid does not have a commission fee in their pricing like others we looked at. The system is very easy to use and ClickBid has a great team that has gone above and beyond for us.

Cons

Really wish we could keep multi-years in the system for comparison/ease of historical overviews. There is sometimes a delay in the texting, which is problematic when you're trying to make real-time announcements to guests.

Thrilled with ClickBid!

Pros

As a small but growing non-profit, we've been implementing new technology over the past year to streamline our processes. ClickBid is by far the most user friendly, comprehensive system we've put in place recently. Last year for our auction we used a pretty cheap but low functionality text-to-bid software from a local distributor and it was not a pretty experience. We're so thrilled that we found ClickBid...

Cons

Honestly, none. Worth the price entirely. If I had to pick a con it would be that we only have one event right now that we can use the system for, but hope to have more in the future to make the most of our one-year license.

Easy to use software and great solution for fundraising

Pros

We have used ClickBid for our Silent Auction at our fundraising gala for 2 years now. It is extremely easy to use and train volunteers on. We get great results and our guests love the interactivity of our auction items. Plus it's relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of competitors products and allows you to purchase the elements you like rather than overpaying for software you don't want or need. Plus the on-site guest service representative is one of the best additions to a team of volunteers and staff on-site and the cost is more than worth the additional expense.

Incredibly user friendly,

With this software, people outside of the event can bid and win auction items. Are market is so much bigger now.

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is - for admin and bidders. I love the tutorial videos. Its not too complicated that you can't master it in a short time. I love that you can make adjustments and see the results instantly. Its simplistic yet professional. I love that people can preview the auction items before event and those who can't be the event have a chance to bid and win auction items. I streamed line check out so much

Cons

I wish there was a little more access to live help. The emails are helpful but during the last week before an event, you need more instanteous responses. I wish the cost was a little lower.

I have used Clickbid for three years and the system has worked very well for our event.

Allows people who do not attend the event participate. Easy closeing of event.

Pros

I love the "fund a need" portion of the system and used the dashboard that worked great for our event. System was easy for most volunteers to use. I like the website tool as well for ticket sales and sponsor links.

Cons

It is very time consuming to enter all of the auction items. The costs are a bit high. Clickbid takes a % of all credit card transactions. That is where they make their money so I think charging for additional services is overkill.

This is a super easy software to set up and easy to use for your bidders. Great customer service.

Higher bids. More bidders. Easier to set up and list items than paper bid sheets.

Pros

Ease of use for all parties has made our event more successful. The representatives frokm Clickbid are pleasant and responsive. Our bidders have thanked us for making it possible to bjd remotely and choosing such user frienday software. The cost is amazing!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! The only problem we experienced was at the end of the event, the internet access slowed down bidders. But, that was outside of Clickbid.

NEMAA's Art-A-Whirl silent auction

This was our first time using an online bidding platform and we have the somewhat unique set-up of having an opening party with an artwork silent auction that remains open for two weeks until the three-day weekend event with visitors walking through the gallery having the option to bid. We learned a lot about our procedures --what worked, and what didn't.

Pros

It was great having a a way for bidders to continue to bid after they left the physical auction.

Cons

We had trouble with authorize.net check out not accepting payment due to error codes, first with addresses, then with decimals (Code: 619) Whoops! There was an error processing your payment. The specific error was: Transaction was not successful. Code: 619 The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:amount' element is invalid - The value '39.877675' is invalid according to its datatype 'Decimal' - The FractionDigits constraint failed. Next time around we may just not use Authorize and use ClickBid's processor instead.

We have used ClickBid for a number of events. It's easy for our bidders to use.

We have seen our profits triple at our annual gala by going from paper bidding to mobile bidding. Guests really like it. They don't have to spend their evening hovering over paper bid sheets and can enjoy the gala.

Pros

Reasonably priced. Easy for bidders to use. Very good customer service. Always enjoy having the ClickBid representatives assist at our events.

Cons

I wish we could retain past events and pull auction listings from those events into a new event. I'd like to see a print manual rather than You Tube videos for user instructions. It would be nice if ClickBid was more comprehensive and included peer-to-peer fundraising, etc. I think it may be headed in that direction.

This is the fourth year awe used Click Bid - it gets better and better every year. People love it!

Our net income has improved dramatically.

Pros

It's ease! When we first started we had many attendees scared to use the product. Change was uncomfortable for many. It ended up being no problem at all.

Cons

Perhaps the search component can improve. There were times I wanted to find an item but have a little difficulty in doing so. I know it's hard to put so much data capability on a smart phone.

Clickbid has been a great addition to our annual school auction.

Pros

Clickbid is easy to use, especially when adding items and bidders. I especially like the ability to use an excel spreadsheet & then import all of the info into the Clickbid platform.

Cons

My biggest complaint about the Clickbid software is being stuck with some of the formatting. It would be nice to design the site to fit our own auction.

ClickBid was a great solution for our silent auction needs, especially for the mobile notifications.

An international, silent auction solution with mobile bidding and secure checkout options.

Pros

The setup was pretty easy, including the website creation, getting items loaded into the auction, and adding bidders to the system. After the auction closed, collecting payments was also very easy using the Butler feature and gusts were happy knowing their credit card information was secure.

Cons

The inability to customize some of the item layouts and the home page layout was a minor drawback. Allowing more CSS access to users with knowledge of how to customize would be great. Also, , my initial sales person was great, but once I was transferred to the standard customer support team, my experience greatly decreased. Customer Support consistently cut and pasted answers from the system (answers I had already read that didn't help) and never took the time to fully read my issue before jumping on the quickest and easiest answer. Several times, I got so frustrated with the support I was receiving, I went back to my sales person to get a good answer.

Great Customer Experience

Pros

ClickBid trasforma our ability to effectively and efficiently raise more money at our annual gala. It is easy to work with, and is a much appreciated tool for us--particularly with limited staff. Everyone is helpful.

Cons

No complaints. There does not seem to be a way to contact our rep directly by phone, but response time on email is reasonable.

We've loved ClickBid! Great customer support and a great experience for our guests.

Pros

We loved being able to offer mobile bidding at an affordable price. It got people excited about our event and auction. We also used the software to collect donations at the event (rather than our usual donation cards on the tables) and received more donations than we ever have.

Cons

We were previously working with another software company that had more features and more integrations (integrated ticket sales, table assignments, etc.) that we enjoyed. However, that software's mobile bidding add-on was much more expensive than ClickBid. In the end, it would have been nice to have more of those features, but we felt a greater benefit from ClickBid overall.

Using ClickBid was a great experience.

Pros

It is easy to set up the event and input all of the information. It was also easy to use and understand for the event participants.

Cons

What I like least wasnt the fault of the software but rather the rules of my organization which doesnt allow us to take credit card numbers and payments through the software.

For the most part OK but we ran into some issues with registration.

Pros

Easy to input information, easy to get ahold of a representative of Clickbid, clean format for information from the users point of view