Get Connected Reviews

Pros

I think the filter system for distance, interest, age, etc are great. This is especially helpful for students who are younger than 15 years old to find age appropriate volunteer opportunities.

Tracy S.

The customer support is excellent. They have been very responsive, in a timely fashion, and always willing to help with whatever issue I might have.

Terri P.

Carolynne W.

Cons

I needed to ask someone to delete the fake company made in the walkthrough. I wish there was a way to do that myself in case I accidentally approve something I didn't need too.

Amanda B.

The only con i have is that the icons for the individual organizations is strangely small.

Hope T.

The way things are set up in the back end can be a bit hard to navigate.

Sarah K.

4.4

Beautiful and flexible

Largely really good! The app is just so-so, and there are places that would have been nice to see some changes/more options, but overall it's really good.

Pros

The capacity to really build community through the platform is awesome. It's easy to brand to look like everything else you're doing.

Cons

It's pretty pricey and there's a bit of a learning curve for sure.

Heather, Thank you so much for your review of Get Connected! We're so glad you're here. Absolutely appreciate your feedback and insights. Check back in for updates/enhancements and new features! We're always here to support!

Recruit and coordinate help you need quickly

While the set up and implementation was really hard for me, the company took my feedback and has created a more hands-on implementation process for new users (which is awesome). The training required on the front end is a time investment and can be a little intimidating for some, and some of our volunteers who aren't comfortable with computers struggled a little. That being said, with some training...

Pros

We were able to recruit people VERY quickly to get the right amount of people to help in really dire situations throughout the last year. Some features we like: Scheduling features, qualifications, eBlasts, shifts, check-in/kiosk, automatic notifications, customization and look/feel of website, customer service that helps with brainstorming/finding solutions, the company's responsiveness/adaptability to feedback, Teams/group volunteering featuers, and features for grouping together volunteer opportunities (making it easier to run dynamic reporting, share certain types of opportunities with new volunteers, etc)

Cons

Not user friendly for older users/non-tech friendly folks; some features that we sought out DO exist, but not necessarily in the way we needed them to work; some reporting/filters seem counter-intuitive to working with the population system was built for (ex: very difficult to narrow down active, current volunteers based on how recently they "worked" or submitted hours); does require a LOT of training for both staff and volunteers

Get Connected Saves the Day for our United Way

Pros

We love how easy this software is to use - for our organization and for our volunteers. Ease of navigation is huge when you are working with a population that includes people who may not be particularly tech savvy.

Cons

I wish that the ReDi disaster response module were available for free. Of course. :) We are a small, but mighty nonprofit, looking to manage our disaster response efforts through Get Connected. At this time, we are unable to afford it. But! The team at Galaxy Digital and the Get Connected support staff worked with us to find a solution that works for us within the Get Connected platform.

Effective at allowing us to vet volunteers

Get Connected allows us to vet volunteers before they serve on campus. We use the qualifications feature to determine who is allowed to serve on campus. We also use User Groups to assign private opportunities to certain volunteer categories.

Pros

I like the qualifications that allow us to vet volunteers before they serve in areas of our organization. I also like the User Group Feature and how it allows us to categorize volunteers and assign certain opportunities to them.

Cons

I do not believe the software is user-friendly or intuitive. I often have to ask many questions because some things are not clear at first glance.

Galaxy Digital Review

I have had a great experience with Get Connected/Galaxy Digital overall. From setup to launch to using it every day now, it has been easy to work with the software and the people who help in customer support. I feel like I have a lot more time to deal with other parts of my job outside of volunteer management and data tracking because Galaxy has made it so much easier to manage those things.

Pros

I really love the ease of the software. I also really enjoy the customer support. They do a great job of quickly and completely answering any of my questions and fixing any issues that arise. One of my favorite features is the communication tool that allows me to send out e-mails to all volunteers very quickly as well as individual groups of volunteers. This used to take me so long to do and now it takes less than a couple of minutes.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to print address labels. We send out appreciation cards and invitations to events and Galaxy does not have a feature to create address labels based on users' info. This would be a great feature to have in the future!

GET CONNECTED!!

Get Connected helps us bridge the gap between nonprofits and volunteers. It is bringing our community together to collaborate on how to make our community better and safer for all.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and is user friendly. There are so many helpful tools that many any situation seem possible. The features are awesome for the nonproducts as well as for the users (volunteers).

Cons

I don't think I dislike anything, as the team tries to make upgrades based on our feedback. I do want the calendar to sync to Outlook for Microsoft.

It's all about the Customer Service... Add a great product and room to grow= A+++ rating!

When West Virginia University decided to upgrade our volunteer management software, there was a lot of time and research put into the process. We have many "moving parts" to our needs, including integration with university data, single-sign-on, special reporting, large day of service coordination, and academic service-learning. No only did Get Connected turn out to be the best fit after our initial...

Cons

Wow -thank you so much for your kind words, Alexis! We are proud to be honorary members of the Mountaineer Family and look forward to continue to support you and WVU students on all your community engagement efforts!

Get Connected is a good investment in Volunteer Management

I find the software easy to use from the administrator viewpoint and easy for the public, as well. The customer support is excellent! They have been very responsive, in a timely fashion, and always willing to help with whatever issue I might have.

Pros

It's easy to use and most of the public can use it relatively easily.

Cons

Would like more reporting functions (more detailed). Although I can get all the info on an excel spread sheet, since we've had this system since Aug. 2013 and there are 5,000+ users in the system, that's a lot of info to have to filter through to get what I need.

Get Connected is Amazing

We have been able to successfully navigate difficult times with a pandemic thanks to GC. It's a fantastic product, and I would highly recommend.

Pros

GC is amazing for dynamic institutions. Rapidly having the ability to update volunteer opportunities, track volunteer hours, contact folks, send out e-blasts and communications really makes all the difference! Also their support team is AMAZING. Highly responsive and kind, I had never worked with such a wonderful group of support folks before.

Cons

There is a substantial learning curve to it. Sometimes, you have to really be familiar with the way things are set up in order to get the information and data you're looking for.

A useful and easy platform to use and implement

Pros

The most impactful part of this software is allowing nonprofits from all over the county to house their volunteer opportunities under one umbrella to be easily found and promoted

Cons

There should be more features available to agency partners, instead of just site managers. The surface-level features for agencies has turned many organizations away from joining our platform

Since launching the platform, we are experiencing an even greater interest in volunteering.

Ease of use, better coordination of volunteers, increased marketing and awareness.

Pros

The software is easy to use, looks great online and offers rather robust back-end features for our partner agencies and as the site manager. It's also very user friendly for both agencies and volunteer team managers. We are very excited about the growth we've seen and the positive feedback we've received by our agencies and volunteer users.

Cons

There is nothing that we like least about the software! It's so useful to organizing volunteers and helping us streamline many processes. We still have the issue in our community that we have more volunteers than needs available or posted on the platform. While we have created a custom form on the site for a group of volunteers to request a volunteer need (specifically for teams of 5 or more people),...

Gina, Thank you for your review! We're so grateful you're here as a part of the Get Connected community. It sounds like you have so much volunteer interest! Amazing! Our Customer Experience team is always available with support for your needs with building custom pages and navigating user groups. Best wishes and congrats on having such a great response to your Get Connected site!

Get Connected is hands down AWESOME!

Pros

The software is user friendly, looks amazing on any device, and is incredibly versatile whether you are a macro level organization coordinating your catchment area's volunteer center, a single nonprofit looking to ramp up their volunteer engagement, or an individual searching for volunteer opportunities. Additionally, the support team is one of the best I've ever worked with. Huge props to the crew at Galaxy Digital for working with us whenever we need assistance or help brainstorming!

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about in terms of the software - we made a giant leap forward when we decided to move to Get Connected/Galaxy Digital and couldn't be happier!

Sarah, Thank you so much for your review! Our mission is to support programs just like yours make that leap forward with easy to use software solutions. Our Customer Experience team is always here to assist. Thanks for being a part of the Get Connected community!

I have used this product for 6 years and have always been very happy with it.

It allows our community to have a portal for volunteering.

Pros

Easy to use and allows people from different skill levels to navigate it easily. It is a great portal for volunteers and agencies.

Cons

Sometimes I have to remember the steps to accomplish a task that I do not do frequently. I have to go to the help screen and figure out what it is called to search.

Thank you so much for your review here and for being a part of the Get Connected community for many years. We're glad you're here!

Get Connected provides a hub for volunteerism in our community.

The ability to educate and inform our community about the specific volunteer needs of local agencies, while providing those agencies with tangible support and a framework for managing their volunteer programs.

Pros

Get Connected is perfect for our needs. Agencies have autonomy over managing their individual pages, and users have control over the level of communication they receive. There is a robust help platform, and numerous features we haven't even had time to explore yet.

Cons

Nothing - the software is easy to use, has wonderful features, and the company is constantly making improvements. As an administrator, I found the communication filters a little confusing initially, but found all the support I needed in the help center.

Thanks so much for your review, C.K.! We're so glad Get Connected is meeting the needs of your organization. We're always here to support with our Customer Experience team. Keep up the great work in your community!

Best volunteer management software on the market!

Our user engagement has increased by 38%.

Pros

This tool allows administrators to have master control over the site. Users can easily view and respond to volunteer opportunities. Agencies can quickly and easily export their responses. The best part for our organization is the automated reminder and confirmation emails. The customer care team is top-notch and they respond quickly.

Cons

Using this software as a manager takes a little bit of training, especially as a manager. The dependence on an email address as the user's login or check-in has resulted in some users having multiple accounts.

Shelby, So excited to hear your user engagement has increased by 38%! We're always here to help with any training necessary and so grateful you're a part of the Get Connected community.

Great customer service!

Pros

Whenever I run into a snag, customer service is friendly and prompt and takes care of my issue immediately.

Cons

Maneuverability is an issue. It could be a bit more straight forward in some of the more complicated features, or provide detailed instructions.

Lee Anne, Thank you so much for your review of Get Connected! We're grateful you and your organization are pleased with our customer service and our product. We're always here to support when needed!

Advanced Events are A MUST!

Our volunteer center could not do the work we do as easily and efficiently as we can when using the Advanced Events module. Being connected to a United Way, we run several large citywide Days of Caring each year. The Advanced Events module allows us to attach our 30-40 projects to an overarching event. Both our nonprofit partners as well as our volunteers have shared how easy it is to post their opportunities...

Cons

As a volunteer center, we are pleased with the ease of use and the look of GC for our users.

It is our main tool to connect volunteers across seven counties in Southern New Jersey.

Pros

The easy to use functionality. And that we can connected with other volunteer centers who are on the same platform.

Cons

We are connected to another Volunteer Center but we cannot filter out our own agencies and needs. Users on in our local area cannot easily filter out the other Volunteer Center Agencies and needs.

Michele, Thank you so much for your review here! We're grateful you're a part of the Get Connected community and that your program is able to reach so many and make an impact in your community. Please feel free to contact Customer Experience any time and we can support you in the filter needs you mentioned.

Easy to use but would like more options for customization

The software is easy to use for the volunteer which is VERY important. There a lot of options for information from the agencies to be provided. We receive positive feedback from agencies as well. We used Volunteer Solutions before and even though it was cluncky, I find myself missing the customization features of it. It would be nice to have more options on reports. We have reports that we have...

Cons

Easy for managers and for users!

Pros

Get Connected has a clean and modern look, and it is easy for administrators to make updates, customize, and gather data. They offer training videos for all types of users and are quick to answer support questions.

Cons

To sign up for a volunteer activity you must have an account. As a volunteer management agency, this is actually a pro, but some users do not like creating an account.

Rachel, Thank you for your review here! We're so glad your Get Connected site is supporting you with an easy to use volunteer management solution. That is our mission and our Customer Experience team is always here to support when needed. Keep up the great work!

Connecting our community

Pros

This is a very user friendly way to connect the community through volunteering. it has all the features we were looking for

Cons

Would like to customize our domain for the site

Straight forward and very user friendly

I came into the position working with this software after it had already launched at our United Way. Before I came on I had experience working with Get Connected from the Agency side of the website so that helped in my learning process. The articles and webinars available for training were exceptionally helpful in training me and my colleagues on how to best use the site and train our agency managers...

Cons

Hi Andrew! We're so happy to hear about the positive impact Get Connected has had in your community and will continue to work our hardest to make sure the trend continues well into the future. Thanks for your review!

We are very pleased with the software and the prompt help we have received from Galaxy. Digital.

We are just getting started in our area with building our volunteer base. Everyone is excited about the possibilities.

Pros

It has plenty of help menus and seems to be rather self explanatory. Also any question we could not find in the help menus was answered quickly by customer service. The initial training was easy to understand. They also provided a video link so we could all view it again when we need to refresh our memories.

Cons

There are so many features that it is going to take me a while to learn all that we can do. After 4 months, I don't think I have used more than 1/3 of the features. But we will get there.

Carolynne, Thank you for your review. We're so glad you're a part of the Get Connected community. As always, our Customer Experience team is here to support using any new features and implementing new strategies for your site. Contact us any time!

Great Platform

Overall great platform to use for volunteer management.

Pros

Easy to use and set up. The platform is plug and play and very friendly to technology adverse individuals.

Cons

Reporting is not as straightforward and the custom has bugs however the customer support is very responsive and the team constantly makes updated and fixes bugs.

George, Thanks so much for your review of Get Connected. We appreciate your insights and are always here with our customer experience team to support!

Volunteer Management with local United Way

Pros

Easy to post needs and track volunteer sign-ups. Keeps track of volunteer hours for easy reporting.

Cons

Volunteers must submit their hours for each volunteer activity. Not very user friendly way for volunteers to check in.

Amy, Thank you for your review of Get Connected. Check back in with the Customer Support center for updates on hours tracking features and trainings on how to make the most of our latest enhancements! We're always here to support!