GiveGab Reviews

GiveGab

Digital fundraising solution for nonprofits

GiveGab

Review Summary

Pros

I like that it gives the donor the option to take care of the administration fee. This helps keep more money with the organization so we can best help our patients.

Jason S.

GiveGab's comprehensive platform is easy and fun to use. Their staff support and technological support are unmatched.

Kevin L.

We loved it as staff implementing the day, and our constituents loved the look of the site and the ease with which they could check in on stats.

Katie G.

Cons

This question is difficult because there is nothing we disliked about this software.

Krystal F.

We have a lot of appealing photos and it is hard to get any of them to work in that format because of where the text is and how it's formatted. Minor complaint but always frustrating.

I would sometimes get confused between the back end and front end of the platform which was frustrating end allocating some incoming funds to a specific campaign.

Jessica M.

Easy to use. Amazing Customer Support

Amazing customer service. Wonderful training tools, trainings and resources. Painless setup. Intuitive design. Simple reporting. Go Team GiveGab!

Pros

I work with a small and very busy staff so the idea of burdening anyone with a new Giving Day was not ideal. GiveGab was like adding a team of new members to our staff who have years of Giving Day experience. Creating the site was painless. The trainings and materials were great. And my love for the chat bubble people was real - They were always quick to respond and very helpful. The platform looks great and was easy to navigate. Very intuitive design. Even my mom was able to donate to multiple NPOs on our Giving Day without my help.

Cons

Some of the nonprofits went rogue and explored GiveGab more than they were ready to. The confusion with donating to their nonprofit site and their campaign site was real and frustrating. But a small price to pay for great customer service!

Thanks GiveGab Team

I've used this product for other two years in my current place of employment, expanding the work we've done with them to multiple giving days, but I also sought out their partnership during my transition into this institution. Having previously had a really good experience with their product at another institution, I knew they were the right company to partner with again. That decision was broadly supported throughout my division as well given their great reputation and wonderful customer service. Nice work, GiveGab team.

Pros

The GiveGab giving day platform is so easy to use and they are constantly improving it (with no interruption of service). The team who assists you is really invested in your success so you aren't simply buying a product but instead investing in an extension of your team. They have run so many giving days that my confidence in their partnership was extremely high and they can offer recommendations based...

Cons

There isn't a direct integration for our data through an API so we do a manual download of this information post our giving challenges. While this isn't ideal, it works fine for time bound giving challenges. If we were to use this product on an ongoing basis, I would look to improve this functionality. Another con is some of the design limitations. Because the site is mobile responsive (yay!), some images look better on desktop than mobile and visa versa. It would be great if different options could be selected for different usage. Overall, the pros far outweigh the cons with this company.

For GiveGab

Frustrating

Pros

I did not like anything about this software. The interface is clunky and does not allow full brand value.

Cons

The bank fees are higher if the donor chooses to cover them. So a customer will be paying more money to completely cover their donation than if they don't and GiveGab will take out of the "bank processing fee". Seems very untrustworthy to have different bank fees based off of whether it's an individual covering them or GiveGab taking out of the donation. You have to sort through all of your donations and do the processing paperwork yourself. There are no notifications from GiveGab when they actually deposit the money into your account. It is processed a second time through an entirely different platform, Stripe, which makes consolidating bank statements confusing. Too many emojis from the staff when asking questions.

GiveGab is a fantastic fundraising parter, not just a platform

Fantastic. We've run a Giving Day, a Covid emergency campaign, an awareness campaign, and have another campaign in several weeks.

Pros

The software is fantastic for our national campaigns, which allows our Affiliates to register and have funds go directly to them. They can manage the back-end and we can all see the running tally, which is very inspiring.

Cons

There are some limitations to the aesthetics in terms of layout on the site, but nothing major.

Online Gift Software decisions

The platform is customizable. We went from stripe (was that the name) to Kimbia and the integration was smooth. The team was very responsive and understood our needs.

Pros

Strong customer service, your strong knowledge of how a community foundation is complex, and colorful layout of the platform

Cons

It isn't intuitive to read gift information reports. I find deciphering what is a campaign gift and our website donations confusing. I rarely use tabs or widgets, because I am not the gift processing person.

Higher Education Review

The customer service team at GiveGab is phenomenal.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use for our customers. Donors can easily make a gift online during our Annual day of Giving and we've never encountered any confusion from our customers. The product is also great to use for the variety of gifts we receive during our Day of Giving. We can easily pull reports and determine successes based off of the transparent data.

Cons

When we first started using the product, it did seem rigid without a lot of flexibility. However, the GiveGab team really listens to their customers and each year they make modifications to better serve their customers' needs.

Great Company - They help you every step of the way!

Very good - I had to jump in when an employee departed and they were very patient with my lack of previous exposure to the product.

Pros

We went with GiveGab due to their level of support during your giving campaign creation. We are a small staff and really benefit from their level of assistance!

Cons

Really none, when there is an issue, they are on it immediately and pursue solutions until it is corrected.

Easy to use and well supported

Pros

GiveGab was incredibly sleek and easy to use, both on the front and back end. Their customer support was unmatched - I've never dealt with so many friendly people.

Cons

We couldn't easily integrate GiveGab into our Blackbaud products, but we knew that going in. It also had some redundancy for single-fund giving days like ours.

Satisfied, Engaged Partner Here

The problems solved with GiveGab are too many to list! One specific example is how much more smooth our organization registration process is this year compared to last year. After the Giving Day, our GiveGab team listened, reviewed their tech support questions received, asked questions, and then went to work. The results are paying off. The number of questions I am answering this year compared to last year are way down, our partners are happier, and I have MUCH more time to devote to managing the event(s).

Pros

The people behind the software are what make the software great. They routinely analyze their tech support logs to see what issues people have, listen to their partners, and then work to make the process smoother and easier so we partners can spend more time and effort in the day-to-day management of the Giving Day or fundraising effort.

Cons

Verification of entity bank accounts still causes confusion among some of my participating organizations, but I know that GiveGab is already "on it" to see what can be done for next year.

Dependable software and customer support

Pros

It’s dependable, software does what it was promised to do, in the two years we have worked with GiveGab our Giving Day events have gone smoothly. Whenever we had questions or hit a snag their support staff were responsive and effective.

Cons

Ability to customize quickly. New features are not easily added.

We began using GiveGab as the chosen platform for our giving day. We have kept it because it works!

Pros

--Very easy to set up both as a nonprofit and as a fundraiser --They really walk individuals through setting up a P2P campaign. --The site is visually appealing and engaging, easy to navigate for fundraisers and donors, reasonably customizable --The P2P platform has functionality from both sides of the table--for example, the ability to create a team as a fundraiser or as a nonprofit --Funds deposited...

Cons

--We don't use the volunteer management function so all the community functions are kind of lost on us and seem to get in the way sometimes. I wish we could just turn them off, like a separate module. --We demo'd the CRM function and found it way underpowered for the price, which was as high as some much more flexible and full-service platforms. --I wish the banner for campaigns and our home page...

Thoughts on our GiveGab giving day

While the software was not always ideal for our situation, the GiveGab team was quite attentive in trying to rectify issues.

Pros

We liked the fresh new look and the increased functionality for nonprofit users including peer to peer, matches/challenges, use of photo and video. We also liked the level of support and resources that were made available from the GiveGab team (pre-recorded trainings, support articles etc.)

Cons

Our main concern was that the software really did not work for centrally routed giving days. We had problems all throughout our process - nonprofits confused when registering, GiveGab support staff giving incorrect responses to nonprofit questions, and confusion with pay outs post event). There needs to be a way to "turn off" some of the features that just don't work for certain types of giving days! Also, prize picking was difficult in that we could not incorporate multiple filters when choosing winners. There should be a way to incorporate registration survey categories into the prize picker (this was possible with the old Kimbia system!)

GiveGab for Race Registration

We had concerns when GiveGab took over Kimbia. The personal touch of having a local rep is gone but the level of customer service is much higher with GiveGab than with Kimbia.

Pros

I feel pretty comfortable using the software and have found it to be rather intuitive. I like the customization of reports and forms. The live chat for Support is super convenient and always very helpful.

Cons

It's great for event registration and donations but the fundraising piece has never fit with our model. I have yet to find a way to make the peer to peer function work for what we need and how our event operates. Past sales people have tried to force us to change our model to fit the software but I'd rather the software be more adaptable to our work.

Sometime tricky to find what you are looking but otherwise pleased with service

Overall, our experience has been positive with GiveGab once we have our profile set up for the Extraordinary Give event. It is easy to track donations and donors, but there is a lot of information on the site that we do not use due to our organization's size. Given their quick resolution of the issues incurred during the 2019 event, we hope that we will use GiveGab again in 2020.

Pros

Our organization used GiveGab for the Extraordinary Give, a one-day giving day in Lancaster County, PA. This year, the GiveGab platform offered the chance to copy over the past year's information under the Manage Organization tab. This option helped with completing our organization's profile for this event. It is relatively easy to update information on the site, but sometimes finding where that information is can be tricky. When I did have a question about our profile, the customer service team member did respond quickly.

Cons

The GiveGab platform had issues last year due to volume of traffic during the Extraordinary Give. They worked with the event organizers and helped resolve issues, but those issues happened during peak traffic hours. Also, even though we were able to copy the previous year's profile information, while I thought it had been copied, I realized a week before the event that it had not. The site was a bit confusing to find exactly where you needed to go for information. However, their customer service did respond fairly quickly so that I was able to resolve the issue and copy our information. We found that there are a lot of options that our organization does not use, especially pertaining to giving supporters and surveys, but larger organizations may find those options helpful.

Project Managers are Outstanding!

One-stop out of the box platform provides beginning to end process management for administrators, nonprofits, donors, and businesses participating in a Giving Day that engages 400+ organizations, 12k+ donors, and handles 17+ donations in 24-hours, from admin set up and nonprofit registration through donor acknowledgement and reporting.

Pros

We use GiveGab's Giving Day platform as an organizer. It takes some time to implement the first year, but SO EASY to set up in subsequent years and for returning organizations. They have truly built a community of users, listen to client feedback, and make significant product improvements year after year, and provide a plethora of support tools to our nonprofits. The platform is now significantly more flexible for easier self-service and customization. Customer service to us has been outstanding; they don't generally offer phone support and we have had complaints from our less-tech savvy nonprofits about that.

Cons

There is some confusion among nonprofits between GiveGab profiles and their GiveGab Giving Day profile, but our PMs have been solution-oriented in preventing this and responding when issues have occurred as a result.

We started using GiveGab to replace PayPal as a way to receive donations. It is better in every way.

Pros

For donations, the platform makes the process drop-dead simple for us to set up and manage. Simple donations are much easier, smoother, and prettier on GG. The ability to create fundraising campaigns has been game-changing for us. They're easy to do, look great, and people feel comfortable and secure when they contribute to them on the platform. We only just took the plunge with the CRM functionality, and we're already wondering why we didn't do it sooner. We also love the responsiveness of the support team fast, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and creative in their responses every time.

Cons

There are some aspects of the CRM workflow that I wish were set up a little differently, however, I have given feedback on these specific pieces, and the support folks have put in requests to the tech team to look into adding or modifying that functionality based on my feedback. I appreciate that.

Great customer service and flexible product

GiveGab has really helped us meet the needs of our various special projects. It's flexible enough to make reporting and integrating with other systems really easy. The fees they have negotiated with Stripe are very low which we and our donors love!

Pros

The platform is the most flexible of any fundraising software I've seen. It enables us to do almost everything we can think of - and we have some crazy use cases! In addition, the customer service is absolutely unparalleled. They are quick to respond and go above and beyond to meet our needs, optimize our use an solve any issues that arise.

Cons

The enterprise platform is not super intuitive. Some of the labels are confusing and there is a bit of a learning curve. In addition, the nature of the platform prevents having more than one window/form/report open at once and navigating back and forth can be cumbersome.

GiveGab is THE premiere giving day platform!

I can say wholeheartedly that without GiveGab's support and learning opportunities (GiveGab Leader Forum) there's no way Cattaraugus Gives could have achieved the level of success we have achieved.

Pros

GiveGab is incredibly easy to use. The interface, in all forms that I use it, has been incredibly intuitive. Even for our most novice online fundraisers, the software has been user-friendly. Anyone can pick up and learn how to effectively utilize GiveGab as a fundraising platform.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software. Over time it would be awesome if the system could have more integrations with popular community foundation database software so that donor info could be uploaded to the database with less work from the user.

the right tool for giving days

Pros

GIveGab, by far, has the most comprehensive suite of tools designed for giving days. Even though the applications for the software go beyond just giving days and can extend to every type of campaign to provide a turnkey online giving solution, as a Community Foundation, giving days have been our core use. What I like MOST about the software? It would have to be the people behind it. The customer support...

Cons

When an administrator for a large giving day who also donates to organizations and is responsible for the administration of your own organization's campaign, the roles get a bit confusing. But, that may speak more to my (in)ability to handle all the hats.

Great Service and Design

My experience with GiveGab has been fantastic - the software is easy to use, though I wish the website was more customizable. The best part about GiveGab was their service, they were extremely helpful in getting our site up-and-running in a much shorter timeframe than originally intended. They provided great support the day of, especially with offline donations. I have nothing but positive things to say about the team at GiveGab.

Pros

I like how the back-end is organized with parent profiles and support areas that have consistent sections to complete (donation levels, photos, descriptions, etc.) It's very straightforward and easy to follow.

Cons

Finding the place for fund ID's and previewing the pages before they are live can be difficult.

Our non-profit is raising more money than we every have.

Our organization did very little fundraising for it's first 4 or 5 years in existence. When we decided to expand, we needed to create a development program from scratch - and we didn't have those skills on our board. GiveGab showed us exactly what to do to create our first campaign and bring peer-to-peer fundraisers into it, and automated the most troublesome and easy-to-forget tasks. We are raising more money than ever, and the transaction fees are comparable to payment platforms that offer far fewer features and benefits.

Pros

GiveGab is easy to use and easy to train our volunteers on. Setting up a campaign is fast and built-in features like thank-you messages and donation receipts take all the pain out of fundraising and save us time.

Cons

There are some odd missing features. It would be nice to be able to enter offline donations in a way that they would be included in future outreach or thank-you emails - for example when local businesses write checks for sponsorship. Also, we can only put a "donate now" button in one location on a webpage or html email. This is odd since it is very common to place a "call to action" at the beginning, middle, and end of an appeal. Finally, some competitors allow us to make and save a variety of buttons with different donation levels or text fields. That is a nice feature and it is a bummer that for any given campaign, I can only make one "donate now" button.

I love the everything about GiveGab

We have used GiveGab for multiple online campaigns . They offer a superb product with extraordinarily helpful, friendly and educated support staff. Creating a campaign is easy with their software. They have fresh, contemporary, and uncluttered design options with a few different color schemes so your campaigns don't always look alike. It is easy to present a cohesive campaign/event with their...

Pros

ease of use

Cons

We have a complicated event registration with fundraising goals and registration fees. We needed the registration fees to not be counted towards the registrant's goal. It was hard to sort it all out but finally we did to some fashion.

An efficient tool for giving campaigns

The giving day is a very important fundraising day for our organization - the biggest day of the year. If there were computer glitches we would be in big trouble. We're very pleased that even with 150+ organizations all using the platform intensely that one day, there have been no problems experienced. We are satisfied.

Pros

We are part of an annual giving day campaign in our city and Give Gab is the platform for donations during that day. The training provided by the GiveGab staff has been very good. There was just the right amount of "hand-holding" during the transitional year to this new platform, which helped us a lot. I like that they continue to provide enthusiastic support, updates on platform capabilities, and good ideas for building momentum for the giving day.

Cons

We have not had any problems using the software. Of course, there is a cost to utilizing this platform and we always wish that were less since we are small nonprofit, but we do consider this a good product for the money.

Engaging, effective software and outstanding customer service to boot!

The team a GiveGab, from bottom to top, is outstanding. They are responsive, helpful, and genuinely care about helping nonprofits make this world a better place. 5-STARS!!

Pros

The ease for our participating organizations to be involed in a Giving Day because of the GiveGab platform is amazing. Even organizations with minimal technical skills are able to navigate through the software to register their organization and run an effective and engaging Giving Day. The benefit to donors is also high with software that provides a seemless donation process. The Shopping Cart feature encourages multiple donations. The Blue Chat bubble customer service is outstanding for donors and participating nonprofits.

Cons

There really has not been an issue that GiveGab has not been able to resolve. Their tech team of developers not only responds to requests, but is ahead of the curve in rolling out new product features on a regular basis.

Giving Days made easy

For us, what we got back was staff time to focus our event planning efforts. Before we spent a ton of time just doing training and registration support. GiveGab made both of those things so easy. We have almost doubled what we raised since we first started working with GiveGab because giving is easy and we can really focus on donor engagement.

Pros

When we switched our giving day platform to GiveGab we made the right decision. Not only was it easy for our team, it was easy for our nonprofits to set up their giving profile and the most important thing was that it made it simpler to give. Ease of use is one of the most important factors we consider when choosing software to utilize.

Cons

Sometime there are little things that pop up but what I appreciate about GiveGab is how quickly they respond and how they work within a framework of continuous improvement. I never feel like our concerns are ignored. Often times there's an immediate solution. They are tireless investigators of bugs/minor issues.