GiveGab Reviews

Pros

The team a GiveGab, from bottom to top, is outstanding. They are responsive, helpful, and genuinely care about helping nonprofits make this world a better place.

LC

Linda C.

GiveGab's comprehensive platform is easy and fun to use. Their staff support and technological support are unmatched.

KL

Kevin L.

That decision was broadly supported throughout my division as well given their great reputation and wonderful customer service.

KH

Karalee H.

Cons

It's been difficult to switch our donors to EFT donations (have lost many in the conversion).

SM

Sarah M.

One problem I found with Give Gab is in completing our profile and uploading our branding. It was difficult to size our images to the specifications set out by the Give Gab platform.

DO

Darby O.

But, that may speak more to my (in)ability to handle all the hats.

KS

Kim S.

Great for our statewide fundraising day

Transcript

Ellie: My name's Ellie, I am the Director of Development and Operations. And I would give GiveGab a star...

I love the platform, but the cost is high in terms of the subscription pricing and fees

Pros

It's a great platform. It looks great and it's easy to use. I like that after all the work we put into creating the page that I can use it for different initiatives.

Cons

The fees charged are a bit much. Initially we had to use it to be part of NY Gives Day and it was free. Then the next year we were charged a lot, even though on that day Facebook made all donations free of charge. So we had spent countless hours creating a beautiful page on GiveGab but then because of all the fees most of our efforts went towards encouraging donations through facebook to avoid the large fees. The customer service people did not seem to care about this.

Regular user, supports clients' fundraising

Pros

Great interface, easy to manage multiple clients, attractive donor experience, helpful customer service.

Cons

Can be among the most expensive tools on the market. Occasionally has tech glitches or user experience hang ups typical in young ords.

Our First Giving Day - During A Pandemic

When our in-person events were cancelled for the safety of our attendees and donors, we needed a safe way to still raise the necessary funds for our hospital system. GiveGab gave us that way with hosting a Giving Day. The planning period was much smaller than the time we put into our events and our expenses were far lower, with an increased net revenue. This experience allowed not only the hospitals to maintain optimal service, but it gave our donors a way to express their gratitude for our front-line workers in a meaningful way.

Pros

In the time of a pandemic, we completely had to shift our fundraising efforts to a virtual aspect. Everything shut down around us, but as a hospital, the need for funds remained. GiveGab gave us a way to reach our donors in a meaningful way and supported our mission. The customer service we received in putting together our very first Giving Day on a tight time schedule was so valuable and lead to a direct correlation of our resounding success.

Cons

As this was our first Giving Day, we utilized a lot of streaming of videos and this seemed to be something more on the amateur side for GiveGab as there was not a lot of technical support available and this caused some hiccups throughout our day. We pushed thru and still had a meaningful experience, but a smoother execution was desired.

GiveGab gives a 100%

Pros

I enjoy the quick customer service and the overall look and feel of the platform. I enjoy the learning articles and tools. The best tool is how they save your donor's information year to year!

Cons

I had troubles learning it my first year, but now in my second year I have been able to dive deeper into the tools and know how to maneuver them. Basically, I took the time to learn!

GiveGab Review

Great growth of our giving day.

Pros

Customer support. Made easier to use every year.

Cons

Dashboard sometimes not so intuitive. It's not always easy to know where ro go on thw back end for fixes on the front end. Toggling can be confusing.

Give Gab is great for Giving Tuesday!

It was an easy to use campaign software to help promote us to Giving Tuesday.

Pros

It was easy to implement for our Giving Tuesday campaign. We give the link to our campaign to the public and they go to the link and donate. It has easy to use tools that sets you up with everything you need which takes out the guessing of what I may need.

Cons

The fees for the platform is quite expensive. When running campaigns I almost don't want our normal donors using it because I know there is quite a lot being lost. I like using it for new campaigns to reach people who are new to learning about us.

Super easy and friendly to use!

Pros

GiveGab is hands down the easiest giving day platform I've used since working for various non-profits. There are so many ways for admin to make their page as simple or intricate as they want, and their customer care team is with you 100% of the way with any help you may need! I also love that you don't have to wait WEEKS to get your donors information- it is ready SO QUICKLY so that Development teams are able to thank donors quickly and move into the stewarding piece of the puzzle!

Cons

There seemed to be a glitch in the system when the giving page did not work for about 30 minutes at the start of the giving day but was wonderful otherwise.

Hi Miranda! Thank you so much for your feedback - we are thrilled that you've enjoyed your experience with GiveGab thus far. I'd love to learn more about the glitch you experienced. Can you tell me a little more about this? We're constantly looking for ways to improve, and appreciate your honest feedback!

EASY PEEZY - GiveGab makes community giving days simple!

This software is so simple to use AND effective in a variety of ways that as a three state agency are asking other areas to change to give gab for their giving days if not already on this platform. We are so excited one of those communities has converted to Give Gab for 2019. It's so nice to have the historical information in a easy place to locate for comparison purposes and it's nice to the ability for a multitude of log in accounts so development, accounting & IT or marketing can all access the data to pull, review, update, etc elements required by their job descriptions.

Pros

It's so easy to generate the giving page with various levels including photos! Plus the reports make pre & post giving day work easy to compare &/or manage.

Cons

sometimes I forget where to find some features which is really more of a user error (my memory) than an issue with the software!

Give Gab Assists Nonprofits with Kentucky Gives Day 2019 Campaign

The GivesGab Kentucky Gives Day Landing Pages go LIVE tomorrow, May 1st. Thus far I am very happy with the opportunity GivesGab and the Kentucky Nonprofit Network has given participants in the Kentucky Gives Day campaign to reach a larger group of donors. Hopefully, Shelter of Hope will benefit from increased donations so that we can continue our mission to help the homeless in the FIVCO area of Kentucky. Thanks to GiveGabs for their generous technology assistance to support the efforts of Kentucky's nonprofits!

Pros

Shelter of Hope, a nonprofit homeless shelter in Ashland, Kentucky is participating in our first Kentucky Gives Day campaign in 2019. The Gives Gab website was fairly easy to understand. The only difficulties I had were related to how quickly I could view updates to our campaign landing page. Once I contacted GiveGab customer service and a few bugs were worked out, everything worked great.

Cons

The website was slow to respond at times, with changes and updates I made to the landing page. Once I contacted GivesGab customer service, the issue was rectified and the landing page loaded quickly.

Fantastic Service; Easy to Use

I run a non-for-profit serving 600 children with almost no administrative staff. GiveGab makes fundraising easy--you get a professional site where you can set up campaigns with no technical expertise whatsoever. The best thing about GiveGab is the service--someone is always there to help you immediately, and they are persistent and knowledgeable.

Pros

Ease of use; aesthetics; customer service is probably the best I've ever experienced with any product.

Cons

I'd like to have a little more functionality--there are different price levels, and my non-profit doesn't have the resources to afford the next level.

GiveGab is good for crowdfunding

Overall, for larger nonprofits, this is a great software for Giving Days and community engagement. We will continue to use them with our local partner but cannot afford to use them on our own (within our budget parameters).

Pros

We like the ease of use in setting up a user profile and telling out story to people who might choose to donate to us (we are one of many organizations using this platform for the same campaign).

Cons

There weren't many downsides except the cost for a small nonprofit. We really liked that donors could cover the fees per transaction and many chose to do that!

Review of Give Gab

Give Gab facilitates our annual 24 hour giving campaign. It is effective, easy to use, prompt assistance with any problems (usually user error), and a nice looking platform as well.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate and the response time on help inquiries is very quick. We have greatly benefited from this platform.

Cons

The only thing I wish were different is being able to access the collected date longer into the future after each event.

Yay Give Gab!

10/10

Pros

I love the Customer Service! Everyone has been so kind and prompt!

Cons

All of the profile set up pages look kind of similar so it can get confusing!

The Best Solution for a Record-Breaking Giving Day

Pros

GiveGab's giving day product is robust, secure, and well-maintained. Their product team helped us develop the giving day site of our dreams, and—with the help of their amazing product and customer success teams—we surpassed our goals. Our expectations were high and GiveGab delivered.

Cons

Our reporting for Notre Dame Day is complex and there is room for improvement in how we report our data. Periscope was okay but didn't offer us as much flexibility as we would have liked.

We use GiveGab for our online donation platform

We can accept online donations through our website and through our statewide day of giving.

Pros

We can download donor information. It allows us to craft a thank you letter/receipt that goes out immediately to the donor. We can create giving campaigns and also seamlessly participate in our state online day of giving

Cons

I have othing to report here. Haven't run into any glitches or drawbacks in our experience with GiveGab. We're very happy with the software, customer support and overall functionality of the software.

Great fundraising software!

Pros

We used this software for crowdfunding and our annual day of giving. Good customer service and project leads, easy to set up campaigns, and great features.

Cons

Sometimes you have to do manual uploads on the back end for things to count within campaigns or your annual day of giving (gifts, number of donors, etc.). Leaderboards we had to do manually based on what we wanted the categories to be (by region, constituency, etc.). Staff was great to work with though on helping us achieve what we needed!

GiveGab

Overall great experience with it, I really enjoyed the updates and help that GiveGab sends out to users.

Pros

This is a great platform for fundraising, it takes a user through the steps of creating their own page and allows sharing ect

Cons

I have no complaints about GiveGab, the platform has great options, and it's really user-friendly for small campaigns and large.

Extremely frustrating

Pros

Someone was available to answer questions. This is typical of GiveGab. All I have to say is in that first sentence, so why demand more?

Cons

GiveGab was responsive to my numerous questions, but that is the only good thing I have to say about it. GiveGab has a long way to go to provide a clear interface that operates accurately, that is organized in a user-friendly manner, that provides adequate directions to the user, and serves the needs of its clients. I wasted an enormous amount of time trying to create the giving page and the Administrative...

Hi John, We're incredibly sorry that this aspect of your Giving Day was unclear. The Match functionality on GiveGab updates in real time as your receive online donations. The Match depletes and your totals increase proportionately to the online donations received. We realize this can be confusing and wish we were able to provide you with the right information before the day. Thank you for your feedback around sending alerts when a Match occurs and for the ability to charge a credit card. This is a great suggestion and one we'll take into consideration for the future.

Consider GiveGab for Giving Days

Pros

GiveGab provides an intuitive platform for our annual giving day. It is mobile responsive, visually appealing, and provides the features and functionality you would expect from a donation software (e.g., automatic donation receipts, multi-gift capability, etc.).

Cons

Every software has quirks and aspects that could be improved! Fortunately, GiveGab is constantly refining their product and open to ideas from customers.

Totally workable!

Used it for 'Give BIG' event days. Super informative for donors, volunteers and supporters. Love that it visually displays donations "real time" and can track organizations with the most donors, individuals with the most donations, organizations with the most $$$ donated, etc. Visually appealing and easy for donors to navigate.

Pros

Designed for nonprofits. Excellent platform for fundraising. Tracks donations, issues tax receipts, manage your volunteer hours, send out marketing messages and more, more, more. Plus it is visually impressive and very professional. Superb for big community/statewide giving days. Measure donations as they come in and show leaderboards for various organizations or programs.

Cons

This is such a comprehensive platform it takes time to learn about all the bells and whistles. Being patient and learning as a team is highly recommended.

Pros

GiveGab was easy to use, generated user-friendly interfaces, and the support team is AMAZING! We use this for our annual online day of giving, Big Give, and this last year (March 2018) we broke records for our agency! I like to think a big part of this is due to the functionality and aesthetic appeal that GiveGab provides. Thanks for all you do!

Cons

1. When exporting reports after our campaign/event, we weren't able to adjust or customize the time zone, so it took manual work on the back-end to change the times and dates for when each donation came in. 2. Formatting text/font was a little uncooperative but turned out okay in the end.

Online Giving Champ

I have used this software for the past 2+ years for a county wide online fundraising event benefitting nonprofits in our area and it has been an easy software to pick up. The first year we used the software, we were fortunate to have training courses provided to help us get accustomed to the site and made things easier on our end.

Pros

Relatively simple to use and manage all donations through. Customer service was really helpful.

Cons

I wish I had more control over the color scheme of my site. We used GiveGab to support multiple nonprofits in our area. My organization had it's own page but I couldn't really update the coloring of the site the way I personally would have liked.

GiveGab platform

My experience with GiveGab was tremendous. I think less about GiveGab as an organization and more about the personal service provided by rep team. Our weekly calls were very helpful and any time we needed anything they were there for us.

Pros

It was very easy and intuitive. Once rep team took us through it we were able to utilize it on a daily basis and also provide assistance to our nonprofits.

Cons

I have no complaints with this software.

GiveGab has the best customer support of ANY software/solution I use!

Currently benefits include participation in local online fundraising activity and supporting a really cool local company. Software is easy to use and that saves me time.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty intuitive with many helpful supports like email templates, sample timelines, etc.

Cons

I would like to see GiveGab focus on adding donor data activity features so smaller organizations could use it instead of more expensive (Blackbaud) solutions to help with a 'one stop shop' for fundraising and donor tracking/communications.

GiveGab Review

Pros

The software is very user friendly and intuitive, but also is very aesthetically engaging and creates a really great platform for our donors to engage with. The support team is incredibly helpful throughout the entire process from planning to execution of our Giving Day.

Cons

There have been some limitations in capability, but the GiveGab team is always quick to find a solution and accommodate us. I really don't find any limitations with their software.