GiveGab Reviews

4.58/5 (380 reviews)

Anonymous

We began using GiveGab as the chosen platform for our giving day. We have kept it because it works!

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
--Very easy to set up both as a nonprofit and as a fundraiser --They really walk individuals through setting up a P2P campaign. --The site is visually appealing and engaging, easy to navigate for fundraisers and donors, reasonably customizable --The P2P platform has functionality from both sides of the table--for example, the ability to create a team as a fundraiser or as a nonprofit --Funds deposited within a day or two. This is huge for us. --Incredible customer support. Always gets back quickly, always has a great attitude, always researches the problem and solves it, engages in conversation & demonstrates that the customer (i.e. us) has value to offer. They're so kind and friendly and competent even when we are freaked out and frustrated that we don't stay that way for long. They take our input seriously and often address any overall issues that we have within a reasonable amount of time. Love the chat featuer and that they are also responsive via email. This is where GiveGab shines! --The data you can download about donors is pretty complete and useful --There is a lot of supporting information available on the site itself. Some of it is pretty basic for us but if we were just getting started it would be very helpful. Online fundraising is overwhelming and GiveGab makes it understandable and easy to start.

Cons
--We don't use the volunteer management function so all the community functions are kind of lost on us and seem to get in the way sometimes. I wish we could just turn them off, like a separate module. --We demo'd the CRM function and found it way underpowered for the price, which was as high as some much more flexible and full-service platforms. --I wish the banner for campaigns and our home page was more customizable. We have a lot of appealing photos and it is hard to get any of them to work in that format because of where the text is and how it's formatted. Minor complaint but always frustrating. --I wish we could change the font color. We have a lot of older donors and users and the teal/turquoise font is really hard to read, especially in the dashboard, i.e. the donor list. The gray is not much better. I would rather have default black font anywhere where there's text with a choice of a few colors for display or headline text.

Tricia Poirier

Thoughts on our GiveGab giving day

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-08-14

While the software was not always ideal for our situation, the GiveGab team was quite attentive in trying to rectify issues.

Pros
We liked the fresh new look and the increased functionality for nonprofit users including peer to peer, matches/challenges, use of photo and video. We also liked the level of support and resources that were made available from the GiveGab team (pre-recorded trainings, support articles etc.)

Cons
Our main concern was that the software really did not work for centrally routed giving days. We had problems all throughout our process - nonprofits confused when registering, GiveGab support staff giving incorrect responses to nonprofit questions, and confusion with pay outs post event). There needs to be a way to "turn off" some of the features that just don't work for certain types of giving days! Also, prize picking was difficult in that we could not incorporate multiple filters when choosing winners. There should be a way to incorporate registration survey categories into the prize picker (this was possible with the old Kimbia system!)

Roberta Rotondo Davis

GiveGab for Race Registration

Reviewed 2019-11-07

We had concerns when GiveGab took over Kimbia. The personal touch of having a local rep is gone but the level of customer service is much higher with GiveGab than with Kimbia.

Pros
I feel pretty comfortable using the software and have found it to be rather intuitive. I like the customization of reports and forms. The live chat for Support is super convenient and always very helpful.

Cons
It's great for event registration and donations but the fundraising piece has never fit with our model. I have yet to find a way to make the peer to peer function work for what we need and how our event operates. Past sales people have tried to force us to change our model to fit the software but I'd rather the software be more adaptable to our work.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Nancy Massicci

Online Gift Software decisions

Reviewed 2019-11-14

The platform is customizable. We went from stripe (was that the name) to Kimbia and the integration was smooth. The team was very responsive and understood our needs.

Pros
Strong customer service, your strong knowledge of how a community foundation is complex, and colorful layout of the platform

Cons
It isn't intuitive to read gift information reports. I find deciphering what is a campaign gift and our website donations confusing. I rarely use tabs or widgets, because I am not the gift processing person.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Joey Steinhagen

We started using GiveGab to replace PayPal as a way to receive donations. It is better in every way.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
For donations, the platform makes the process drop-dead simple for us to set up and manage. Simple donations are much easier, smoother, and prettier on GG. The ability to create fundraising campaigns has been game-changing for us. They're easy to do, look great, and people feel comfortable and secure when they contribute to them on the platform. We only just took the plunge with the CRM functionality, and we're already wondering why we didn't do it sooner. We also love the responsiveness of the support team fast, friendly, patient, knowledgeable, flexible, and creative in their responses every time.

Cons
There are some aspects of the CRM workflow that I wish were set up a little differently, however, I have given feedback on these specific pieces, and the support folks have put in requests to the tech team to look into adding or modifying that functionality based on my feedback. I appreciate that.

Lauren Wheat

Great customer service and flexible product

Reviewed 2019-11-08

GiveGab has really helped us meet the needs of our various special projects. It's flexible enough to make reporting and integrating with other systems really easy. The fees they have negotiated with Stripe are very low which we and our donors love!

Pros
The platform is the most flexible of any fundraising software I've seen. It enables us to do almost everything we can think of - and we have some crazy use cases! In addition, the customer service is absolutely unparalleled. They are quick to respond and go above and beyond to meet our needs, optimize our use an solve any issues that arise.

Cons
The enterprise platform is not super intuitive. Some of the labels are confusing and there is a bit of a learning curve. In addition, the nature of the platform prevents having more than one window/form/report open at once and navigating back and forth can be cumbersome.

Kim Shorter

the right tool for giving days

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Pros
GIveGab, by far, has the most comprehensive suite of tools designed for giving days. Even though the applications for the software go beyond just giving days and can extend to every type of campaign to provide a turnkey online giving solution, as a Community Foundation, giving days have been our core use. What I like MOST about the software? It would have to be the people behind it. The customer support team, the dedication to perfection, user tutorials and webinars, and a development team that is not only accessible but willing to listen and incorporate end user ideas for improvement, all make for a top notch customer experience. Most significantly, GIveGab has allowed our team to be relieved of the burden of becoming a "helpline" for 4 months out of the year - directly affecting our bottom line and freeing us to work on our mission related projects!

Cons
When an administrator for a large giving day who also donates to organizations and is responsible for the administration of your own organization's campaign, the roles get a bit confusing. But, that may speak more to my (in)ability to handle all the hats.

Elliot Wells

Our non-profit is raising more money than we every have.

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Our organization did very little fundraising for it's first 4 or 5 years in existence. When we decided to expand, we needed to create a development program from scratch - and we didn't have those skills on our board. GiveGab showed us exactly what to do to create our first campaign and bring peer-to-peer fundraisers into it, and automated the most troublesome and easy-to-forget tasks. We are raising more money than ever, and the transaction fees are comparable to payment platforms that offer far fewer features and benefits.

Pros
GiveGab is easy to use and easy to train our volunteers on. Setting up a campaign is fast and built-in features like thank-you messages and donation receipts take all the pain out of fundraising and save us time.

Cons
There are some odd missing features. It would be nice to be able to enter offline donations in a way that they would be included in future outreach or thank-you emails - for example when local businesses write checks for sponsorship. Also, we can only put a "donate now" button in one location on a webpage or html email. This is odd since it is very common to place a "call to action" at the beginning, middle, and end of an appeal. Finally, some competitors allow us to make and save a variety of buttons with different donation levels or text fields. That is a nice feature and it is a bummer that for any given campaign, I can only make one "donate now" button.

Lynne Conway

I love the everything about GiveGab

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-02-23

We have used GiveGab for multiple online campaigns . They offer a superb product with extraordinarily helpful, friendly and educated support staff. Creating a campaign is easy with their software. They have fresh, contemporary, and uncluttered design options with a few different color schemes so your campaigns don't always look alike. It is easy to present a cohesive campaign/event with their easy-to-fill text boxes and variety of drop down menus you can use for event registration. if needed. The reports are generated with a click of a button and are emailed right to you at work. I actually liked getting in the "back end" of the system to work. What lay person ever says that! Previously we had been working with a competitor to GiveGab. I was always stressed about their software not functioning well and their people being hours away and essentially strangers to our non-profit. When we left the competitor, it took them more than one year to reach out to us to ask why. I simply told them that the GiveGab product was superior, the technical support staff a dream, and the fact that they GiveGab is a national company with a hard-working, local vibe sealed the deal. You will not be disappointed if you choose GiveGab.

Pros
ease of use

Cons
We have a complicated event registration with fundraising goals and registration fees. We needed the registration fees to not be counted towards the registrant's goal. It was hard to sort it all out but finally we did to some fashion.

Amy Little

Giving Days made easy

Reviewed 2019-08-12

For us, what we got back was staff time to focus our event planning efforts. Before we spent a ton of time just doing training and registration support. GiveGab made both of those things so easy. We have almost doubled what we raised since we first started working with GiveGab because giving is easy and we can really focus on donor engagement.

Pros
When we switched our giving day platform to GiveGab we made the right decision. Not only was it easy for our team, it was easy for our nonprofits to set up their giving profile and the most important thing was that it made it simpler to give. Ease of use is one of the most important factors we consider when choosing software to utilize.

Cons
Sometime there are little things that pop up but what I appreciate about GiveGab is how quickly they respond and how they work within a framework of continuous improvement. I never feel like our concerns are ignored. Often times there's an immediate solution. They are tireless investigators of bugs/minor issues.

Elizabeth Nalagan

Give Big Kern with Give Gab SUPPORT

Reviewed 2019-01-18

The problems that were solved for our Non-Profit, was the initial sign up, although there was a previous administrator, who is no longer with our Non-Profit, as a new "admin", I had to go through the process to remove our previous administrator and have myself added as the new "admin". The benefits for our Non-Profit is that we are now current and set up to work with Give Gab and have the peace of mind know that Give Gab is here for us with software, tools and resources! THANK YOU!!

Pros
I love the customer support and how patient and understanding they are to an Admin who's not the most "tech savvy", they made me feel so capable and were so positive and encouraging on moving forward with using the "GiveGab" software. The software itself is easy to navigate and if there is any questions or stumbling point, on what to do next, the techs are very helpful!

Cons
As most people who are NOT "tech savvy", just starting something new, although the Give Gab software seems intimidating, is is NOT at all.

Shila Ulrich

Great product!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

We are doing our first-ever community giving day and GiveGab is helping us to live out that goal!

Pros
I love that this software is intuitive and clearly built by people who know and understand the nonprofit sector. It seems they thought of everything! The level of customer support is bar none and the friendliness of the staff has been so helpful as we launch our first ever giving day. The ease of registration, the clean interface, and overall experience has been incredible.

Cons
I have no negative feedback at this time. Everything has been great!

Ruhiyyih Olsen

Great fundraising platform with excellent customer support

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-04

Our experience with GiveGab has been wonderful, and we have been having better online fundraising results with each campaign we've launched or participated in. I look forward to this trend continuing as our experience and learning deepens and GiveGab continues being helpful and great to use.

Pros
I can't say enough good things about GiveGab. Our organization is fairly new in terms of bringing some of our fundraising efforts online, but each campaign or Giving Day has been a learning experience and has gone better than the last. GiveGab has made this process fun and inviting, I look the look and use of the platform, and--best of all--their support staff is responsive, friendly, and extremely helpful.

Cons
While use of the platform has been generally straightforward, there have been a few places where I have had a hard time finding what a needed, or have been unclear what our membership level granted us, but the support staff has always been exceedingly friendly, responsive, and helpful when these issue have arose.

Response from GiveGab

Hi Ruhiyyih!

Thank you so much for that wonderful review! We take pride in providing a user friendly platform for you to raise funds for your organization online.

We are always here to assist you and glad that we could help!
Please let us know if you have any question or additional comments!

Karen Hamilton

Great product and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Pros
The pages are easy to implement and use, when making a donation the donor is still on our website, integrates easily with a variety of credit card processors, and adapts to new trends quickly (i.e. adding the 3% option to donations, pledge payments, and ongoing/recurring donations)

Cons
I would like it if the pages could be customized a little more.

Anonymous

Powerful platform, a little hard to navigate as an organization with multiple campaigns/giving days

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
I like how easy the user interface is, once you can acccess it. I was able to easily craft my story, upload a picture, create unique giving levels and develop a solid "Thank You" message with video for my donors. It seems to really have a variety of uses, from campaigns to events to giving days, although I am still working on how to use it. My Peer to Peer Fundraisers were able to set up their own individual pages, once we could figure out how to access it.

Cons
The back end is not always easy to navigate, particularly getting from my organization's home page and "dashboard" to a Giving Day. The Dashboard listed a couple of prior campaigns but did not immediately link to the NH Gives Days. Similarly, my peer to peer fundraisers got lost in the back end when trying to create profiles or link old profiles to a new NH Gives Day. The campaigns were visible but not the Giving Days. Also, when navigating between campaigns and giving days, users (both P2P fundraisers and donors) often got redirected to the main organization page, NOT the NH Gives page, so donations were not counted towards our giving day totals, to our detriment in prize distribution.

Karalee Harhaji

Thanks GiveGab Team

Reviewed 2019-07-15

The GiveGab team is a pleasure to work with - they have top notch customer service. Whether it's your first time utilizing the platform or 10th, they will provide the right amount of support to make your campaign a success.

Pros
My favorite part of the GiveGab product is the ease of use and user friendly interface. The sites they build look so inviting and friendly which is a huge piece of capturing our viewer's attention but then the donation process is also seamless and easy which boosts conversion. Real time tracking and their leaderboard displays are also a huge motivator and I love that GiveGab has that technology figured out so that we can simply leverage that capability.

Cons
I do wish it was a bit easier to craft leaderboards to display participation but I know this is an additional custom design they can help with if enough time is given.

Stephanie Chung

TGG19

Reviewed 2019-08-12

GiveGab provided A+ customer service from beginning to end. They always tried to understand what we wanted and why. They were responsive, quick and tried to anticipate challenges in advance.

Pros
Overall, the software was easy to use and engage with. GiveGab did an outstanding job with the marketing by offering so many webinar that walked the user through various features like the Peer-to-Peer and Match. The Nonprofit profiles were clean and simple yet the ability to jam pack them with information was easily availlable as folks were able to upload pictures, video and text.

Cons
The process to manage the matching feature was a bit hard as nonprofits were using it differently (1:1 match, 1:2 match, limits set, matches to award even if all of the money wasn't raised). There was confusion as to who and when to do it manually and when to add the money depending on the details of that particular organizations match.

Avaleen Reid

Dependable software and customer support

Reviewed 2019-09-02

Pros
It’s dependable, software does what it was promised to do, in the two years we have worked with GiveGab our Giving Day events have gone smoothly. Whenever we had questions or hit a snag their support staff were responsive and effective.

Cons
Ability to customize quickly. New features are not easily added.

Diane Demarest

Multi program fundraisiung

Reviewed 2018-08-21

As part of a statewide fundraising day, Give Gab provided a very good platform. For complex organizations like mine it was not ideal to have all the fundraisers on one page but separating them wasn't practical either. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros
The ease of use in setting up pages was very good. I had over ten fundraising events going at one time. Data collected by system very helpful and usable. Customer service very helpful.

Cons
The most important element of the ask is in the info page about your story. I found that the editing and formatting capabilities of the 'story' section' was poor and often difficulty to understand what you could manipulate. Photos did not format well with text layout. Some of the formatting of uploaded logos or other placed items that were preset didn't work well with images. Eventually could scale and shrink to work.

Barbara Otey

Give Gab is a great resource for nonprofit fundraising!

Reviewed 2019-04-30

Pros
Our nonprofit education center uses Give Gab once a year as part of a local giving campaign. Even though I do not regularly interact with their software, I find it easy to use and navigate. They save my information from year to year, which makes it quick and easy to update our profile for the current year's giving campaign. Their training webinars offer useful information and are not too long! I like how much we can customize on our giving profile, and that we can show donor names and the progress toward our goal live throughout the 24-hour giving campaign. Afterward, Give Gab allows me to export all of the donor data as an excel spreadsheet, which makes it easy to write thank-you notes and collect data so we can compare the success of the event from year to year. Great software!

Cons
I cannot think of any negative aspects of Give Gab: it works well for our annual giving campaign!

Nancy Frechette

The concept is great!

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
Great opportunity for the community and the state of Idaho to generate visibility. The visual presentation is very nice.

Cons
The 'Add Your Story' page works OK but could use more work on the Formatting, as it was difficult to add columns and when placing the Cover Photo, I had to go back and forth to get the image and wording the way I wanted it. Also, it was difficult to figure out where and how the 'Manage Sponsor Matching' appeared on this page. it would be nice to have an easier way to see the names of the donors internally. Is there also a way to add those donors who donate cash? I attempted to get help from your customer service dept, but they never called me back when they said they would be notifying people about extra incentives.

Sarah Mathews

Easy to use, but not without flaws

Reviewed 2019-11-07

Pros
I do a lot of donor gift entry and being able to download reports and manipulate them with ease.

Cons
It's been difficult to switch our donors to EFT donations (have lost many in the conversion). Also the bank statements do not display our organization's name consistently (will say GiveGab) which confuses our donors.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Britta Mireley

Our experience with GiveGab has been positive overall.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
It's easy to customize our non-profit's page, and navigation is relatively straightforward. We also like the option for donors to cover the cost of the transaction fees so we get the full donation they intend. Although, the button to do that could be bigger. We've had folks miss it in the past.

Cons
Getting our donor's information has not worked how it should. Whenever I click export, I never get the email. I have double checked my email address and my spam/junk folder and it just never shows up. Also, while remembering credit card info works well for online donations for individuals, it doesn't work great for in-person events centered around our state's day of giving. Having something like a "I'm done donating, please forget my credit card data" button would help us move on to the next attendee who would like to donate using our tablet or laptop.

Rachel Cook

Easy to work!

Reviewed 2018-06-25

I was able to raise funds for my campaign!

Pros
No Issues, easy to follow directions! I found the software very easy to follow and I would recommend this to other!

Cons
None! As stated in the previous comments, I found the software easy to use- I do not know of anyone in my group who had issues either.

Julie Kenny

Very supportive so far

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Customer service in walking me through everything and helping me know what comes next has been so helpful.

Pros
The customer support and willingness to make things work, if possible, are outstanding.

Cons
I'm new to the Giving Day "industry", and have not been entirely through the cycle, so I really don't know what I don't know. Not the fault of GiveGab!