GivingTools Reviews

4.85/5 (27 reviews)

Benjamin Ledford

Perfect for what we were needing and then some!!

Reviewed 2017-07-21

This software allows us to get more donations and quicker than before. Allows us to seamlessly integrate through our website to be able to keep traffic focused on what's important to us. This also allows the donor to manage their payments easier than going through us, and saves us a ton of money in the long run compared to nearly any other software out there.Most: Customer Service, hands down the most responsive and willing team to work with from asking questions, fixing a couple minor bumps I had, and reconfiguring to specific needs in one area. They are great and willing to help whenever possible. Then I would have to say the value of their system and service for the price you pay is beyond awesome. They are straightforward in what they offer and they have some of the best rates that I have found out there. For what we were needing, GivingTools has been the perfect fit. Their system is pretty easy to learn and understand, and it has been fairly simple to train our staff on how to use it and implement it into the support raising. To lock in the rates GivingTools have negotiated with BluePay and still be able to integrate their systems into outside 3rd parties like Salesforce is outstanding as well. For a medium size non-profit that is steadily growing that value and ease is not overlooked. There are lots of other pros to GivingTools that I would highly recommend anyone searching and investigating Donor Portals, should look no further and give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Jon Tillman

This is a great company all around. We couldn't have been more please with our experience!

Reviewed 2018-02-16

It was very easy to use and to set up. We had never used online giving before, so this was a new world to us and givingtools helped the transition be super smooth. Customer support is a huge deal for me and givingtools had amazing support. I was weary of not having a phone number at first, but when I realized how quickly they respond to email and how detailed their answers were, I was thrilled with the service. It actually saved me a lot of time to just email my question and see the answers rather than sitting on hold through a phone automated system like other companies do. We used givingtools for over two years without a problem. We have just now switched to a different product because of a complete overhaul to our records integration, but our switch had nothing to do with any problems from givingtools. In fact, givingtools customer service was amazing at helping us make the switch and never tried to pressure us with sales tactics like some companies might do. I would highly recommend givingtools to any church looking to get started with online giving. You won't be disappointed with them.

Jerri Thomas

A Perfect Partner!

Reviewed 2016-07-15

My charity is a first and its needs are totally unique. Whatever I throw at Giving Tools, man do they know how to catch and run with it to figure out a unique solution. And whatever they come up with will be something they can use for other clients!Everything, they realize companies are not cookie-cutter and they are anxious to help you get where you need to be. I'm thorough, and the are more thorough than me -- which is tough!

Brandi Garcia

So glad we found this program

Reviewed 2018-12-11

After a lot of searching for a site like this, and using some bad ones, Giving Tools has been very helpful. It is very inexpensive, no hidden fees that sneak up on you. Reports are easy to print and it is easy to navigate the site. definitely recommend. It is easy to enter and edit your appeals, events and campaigns. You can add photos to liven up your posts. The giving page is easy to add to your websites and share. The techs are very helpful if you need help or have questions.

Lachelle Yoder

Over the Top Customer Service

Reviewed 2015-12-04

I have never had such amazing customer support. We started using Giving Tools at the same time they were getting intermittent error message from their host company. This was forcing them to move to a new hosting company. As we all know nothing about this is good. It's hard on current users and the owners. But imagine the new customer who had just joined. That was me. The appeal itself was extremely easy to set up. Then I tried to go back in & edit and couldn't get anything to work. The next day I emailed support and started working with Jason & Josh who were amazing. Instead of saying - yip, things aren't working & we're trying to get it fixed they actually fixed it for me. Because I couldn't get in on my end, they edited the page from the back office to get me up and running. They helped me with the situation twice. They were very responsive, very quickly. They went way above what we have come to expect from customer service/support. I looked at several programs for giving pages and Giving Tools fit our needs for price and features. I'm looking forward to using their program ongoing. Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the best!

Susan Skeele

Giving Tools Customer Service is the Best!

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Easy to use, very affordable, developers always looking for ways to improve the platform. Fast loading, secure, forms look good. The customer service people are so responsive, it's as if they're working on our non-profit team themselves. I can't say enough good things about reps in Customer Support to express his stellar attitude, competence, and courtesy. The best ever!

Jack Freudenheim

Beyond great experience!

Reviewed 2017-09-24

Customer service from the makers of GivingTools is phenomenal. We've been able to get everything we need for fundraising for our organization, and our suggestions are looked at closely toward future versions. They've been a pure pleasure to work with.

Lisa Thurau

Good value, great service!

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-23

Excellent!The clarity of the reports; the way you are notified when a gift comes in; the amount pulled out of the gifts is much more reasonable.

David Shirk

Great small non-profit option

Reviewed 2017-02-18

Had a big wish-list for a minimal budget. Wanted appearance to be excellent, simple interface for customers, good backend for management, recurring donation options, easy to set up appeals, useable reports, option for e-check and cash donations in addition to credit card. Giving tools has been nearly perfect for a price that is better than perfect. Support has been super-helpful with any questions, and our first year has been successful beyond our wildest imagination. Downloadable csv files for financial reports are life changing for the accounting side of my work. Other little features, being able to hide an appeal without deleting it, sending notifications to multiple people within the organization. . .lots of good stuff. Only real concern I had was reviews of bluepay as the cc transaction processor, but I've had no issues at all. Ease of use on front and back end Accounting/reports Price

Kurt Jaros

Best Non-Profit Processing for Growing (and Flourishing) Organizations

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Saving money!Far and away the best thing I like about GivingTools is the 0% processing fee. On top of that, the hybrid processing options for ACH and credit card processing allow me to get the best percentage of each processor. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Great response time.

Sara Jamison

Great product, easily integrated, and FABULOUS customer service!

Reviewed 2018-03-01

I like the user-friendly platform and how easily it integrates with our website. The ability to customize the appeals and look of the software gives faith to our donors that the software is secure and reliable. The customer service is top notch and the best that I have ever worked with. They are very responsive - within a couple of hours - and have always been able to answer questions and resolve the issue. Very pleased with the software and would recommend it.

Stephen Porter

Great support, great features

Reviewed 2018-01-16

The support is fast, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The new 2.0 ads even more features. Thanks Giving tools!

Lise Bohn

Unbelievably amazing customer service and easy to use the product

Reviewed 2015-12-30

We just started using this product a day ago, so this review is primarily related to setup and service. And WOW has it been a great experience on both counts. I work with many, many vendors and this is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. We were up and running in less than 24 hours, and our contact was incredibly responsive and helpful - truly above and beyond. And this was in the week between Christmas and New Year's, no less - not a time that I usually expect anything to be easy or quick! Account setup was simple, straightforward and quick, and while we're only just starting to use the software itself, so far that has been simple too. It does everything we need it to do with good, though not perfect, options for customization. I'm looking forward to deploying it for our campaign and continuing to explore all its capabilities. Bravo to Giving Tools for creating a product that stands out for service, functionality, cost and ease of use!

Kristen Mam

Great support and attention to feedback

Reviewed 2016-04-14

When we started using this software, we needed a quick fix and didn't have the time we needed to really determine our requirements and find the best solution to fit our needs. We hit the ground running and ran into some issues with this product. The Giving Tools team was always on the ball and provided quick turnaround for fixes and enhancements. They've taken our feedback seriously and made some great changes based on it. We are very happy with this product.

Andi Tilmann

Giving Tools Rocks!

Reviewed 2016-11-04

I looked into many online giving options for our small religious nonprofit. It was a real gauntlet! I was overwhelmed. Everything was too much money or too complex for our simple needs, and it was all so confusing. Hidden costs were everywhere, and no good way to compare. Everything got better when I found Giving Tools! It is cheap, simple honest, looks really nice - just perfect for our needs. They also have very good personal service, when you need it. We were too new to have a website yet, so Giving Tools even helped us work that out. I was grateful and amazed at the friendly service and expertise. Even if it was not already the best thing out there for us, that would have done it for me. I will be telling everyone I know. Thank you for existing Giving Tools!

Gail Barham

User friendly and great customer service.

Reviewed 2016-04-14

Selection of GivingTools literally happened over a four-day period by my superior. Since I was in a crunch at work, she worked through the setup with customer service, then passed it off to me. I was able to pick it up quickly with little instruction. The design is simple, the user manual is just 16 pages, and the support for our quick start was fabulous. Using this, instead of our usual manual system, saved me hours of overtime at a critical time. With use, I've suggested small software changes that would make my experience better, and they've been receptive. There were a couple of odd processing errors, and they've been responsive when reported. Their partner for processing online payments, BluePay, has been equally good to work with and responsive.

Laurie Anne Bariola

Best service for nonprofits

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Incredible!!!!! I can’t rave enough about the support, fees and options. I love this company great options for a nonprofit. I like that I can take recurring donations or sell a ticket. The reports are great as well.

Supreeth Siddaraju

Great Features and Support

Reviewed 2018-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

The outstanding customer support and work on minute details. The graphical representation of the tool is more appealing.

John david canoles

Simple to use and a real asset to our CHurch

Reviewed 2015-04-04

As a small church with limited resources we had struggled to come into the 21st century with credit card giving. After a couple of aborted attempts we found Giving Tools. They made it simple to set up and maintain and their personalized customer service guided us every step of the way. I give them my highest recommendation and strongly suggest you give them a try. If you've found the process confusing and intimidating these are the folks who can show you the way! Dave Canoles Treasurer, Buck Mt. Episcopal Church

Gayle Hurlburt

The software is very intuitive; therefore, easy to use.

Reviewed 2016-05-24

As stated in my quick review, the software is easy to use. It is very similar to filling out an online form. If you have any problems, Customer Support is excellent! Jason, who I have worked with in Customer Support, is the ideal representative! He responds very quickly to emails and requests, even on Sunday. Additionally, he is funny and optimistic in the responses. Every company should be so fortunate to have someone like him on their team.

Kelly Mainor

Unmatched customer service, perfect online giving solution for our non-profit

Reviewed 2015-11-18

As a mid-size nonprofit who'd not previously entered the online giving arena, we'd heard positive things about Giving Tools and were attracted by its extremely low rates. After signing up and making some appeals (very easy to do!), I've received unmatched customer service, with representatives and tech people even reaching out to me proactively to make our site as attractive and functional as possible. Very impressed!

Jennifer Joyce

A great product.

Reviewed 2016-04-19

When I first saw the prices online I thought they were too good to be true. Then when I left a message and heard right back I thought that may be to good to be true. It wasn't. I've been extremely happy with Giving Tools. The product is easy to use and their customer service and technical support is impeccable.

Rob Kivlan

Simple and successful

Reviewed 2016-04-17

We switched over to GivingTools and have had a wonderful experience so far. This platform has helped us with our campaigns and the accounting process has been much easier since switching. Our donors like the very clean, simple style of GivingTools and it has made everything easier overall.

Kristen Alexandrov

Excellent customer service and options

Reviewed 2015-12-14

The folks at Giving Tools have been extremely responsive and helpful as I launch my first appeal. They offer certain functionality that is hard to find elsewhere, and their pricing is very competitive.

Patty Olson Lindsey

The software is incredibly easy to use. We are a small business without IT support, it is perfect.

Reviewed 2015-07-14

We haven't had any cons with using the software. We have found it to be very intuitive.