GivingTools Logo
GivingTools

Web-based fundraising and donation management software

visit website

GivingTools Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.57/10

See full reviews by rating

Great experience, good choice for small nonprofits who want an easy way to host donation pages on websites and have a professional user experience.
It looks professional, easy to add to website, easy for donate to navigate original donation. Ve always had amazing customer service experience with this company.
We've been very satisfied with the product and service of Giving Tools. It's been well worth the monthly cost to have a good experience with a company who is responsive to our needs.
If you've found the process confusing and intimidating these are the folks who can show you the way.
Hard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult.
I used another software for 8 years - I had a lot to say negative about the use of that one.

KJ

Kurt J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best donation platform for small non-profits

Pros

I love GivingTools for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I love that they allow you to mix and match the payment gateways for card or ACH donations. Second, I can easily create different appeals/campaigns for different aspects of my organization. The customer service is also *very* good. I made some recommendations to the platform and they integrated my ideas within just a couple months!

Cons

It could use some more development to enhance features. Perhaps over time new features will be added.

KJ

Kurt J.

Best Non-Profit Processing for Growing (and Flourishing) Organizations

Saving money!

Pros

Far and away the best thing I like about GivingTools is the 0% processing fee. On top of that, the hybrid processing options for ACH and credit card processing allow me to get the best percentage of each processor. The customer service is EXCELLENT. Great response time.

Cons

It is relatively limited in functionality compared to other all-inclusive platforms, but those platforms have much larger processing fees (sometimes even an associated monthly fee). If you can work with limited functionality because you're trying to stretch every dollar, this is the program for you! GivingTools really is the best platform to save the most amount of money on processing fees.

SJ

Sara J.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Great product, easily integrated, and FABULOUS customer service!

Pros

I like the user-friendly platform and how easily it integrates with our website. The ability to customize the appeals and look of the software gives faith to our donors that the software is secure and reliable. The customer service is top notch and the best that I have ever worked with. They are very responsive - within a couple of hours - and have always been able to answer questions and resolve the issue. Very pleased with the software and would recommend it.

JC

Jeannie C.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

User Friendly and Cost Effective

I knew next to nothing about how to get started implementing an online giving platform. After reading many reviews of various online giving platforms, I choose GivingTools. They have great online help and also, by email, helped me through the various unknowns. Now that we have been using GivingTools, I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. It makes giving so convenient.

Pros

Easy set up Cost Effective Great Customer Support

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about the software.

CS

Chantal S.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy to use for the non-tech user

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to maintain, responsive customer support. Much easier to use than every other online giving tool that we evaluated (and there were a lot of them!)

Cons

dashboard reporting could be stronger, limited admin capability over recurring donations.

LB

Laura B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

GivingTools has been helpful tool for our organization

The staff response time has been very prompt and they are always helpful in answering my questions.

Pros

Very user friendly as a user and for our donors

Cons

I can't think of any negatives. I appreciate the staff and their ability to communicate quickly.

SP

Stephen P.

Great support, great features

Pros

The support is fast, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The new 2.0 ads even more features. Thanks Giving tools!

Cons

Hard question... What do I like least? I like the simple interface, but I wonder if others would want something more complicated. NOT.

MH

Mark H.

Great for small non-profit

GivingTools has been great for our small non-profit however the reporting and back end function could use improvements.

Pros

User friendly to setup Integrates with our website Cost effective

Cons

Reporting is minimal Don't have access to the customer's account view

JC

James C.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Used monthly for 1-2 years

This makes accepting ACH super easy for us.

Pros

We started using Giving Tools because it provided the one and only feature we needed: ACH (checking account) payments. The staff guided us through the initial setup and then it was ready to use soon after. Our users appreciate the simplicity and the service has been very reliable since then.

Cons

The only difficulty I encountered was with the setup of the 3rd party processor, who's setup steps were pretty confusing because it requested a lot of info I didn't have or that didn't apply to our situation. Fortunately, GivingTools provided coaching and we got over this hurdle together.

LB

Lise B.

Unbelievably amazing customer service and easy to use the product

We just started using this product a day ago, so this review is primarily related to setup and service. And WOW has it been a great experience on both counts. I work with many, many vendors and this is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. We were up and running in less than 24 hours, and our contact was incredibly responsive and helpful - truly above and beyond. And this was in the week...

MH

Michael H.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Great and easy to setup

Great service and the support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and get forms on the website. Report exports are straight forward and contain all information we need. We love that donors can be presented with the option to pay the credit card fees. This has increased our gifts since we implemented.

Cons

Does not allow for Google Analytics ecommerce tracking as of now.

BK

Brent K.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

great for our charity

This software allows us to collect funds from our donors in an efficient manner. We have been very happy with them and the solution.

Pros

I like that they provide a basic service at a reasonable price.

Cons

There is some functionality around user management of donors that could use some work.

KM

Kristen M.

Great support and attention to feedback

When we started using this software, we needed a quick fix and didn't have the time we needed to really determine our requirements and find the best solution to fit our needs. We hit the ground running and ran into some issues with this product. The Giving Tools team was always on the ball and provided quick turnaround for fixes and enhancements. They've taken our feedback seriously and made some great changes based on it. We are very happy with this product.

Cons

Thanks for all your great ideas, Kristen! A note for the curious: We rely on feedback to constantly evolve GivingTools. We are always working on improvements, and we encourage feedback so we can constantly do better. As we see it, if there is a feature we don't think people need but there is a demand for it, we make it happen, sometimes very quickly.

AT

Andi T.

Giving Tools Rocks!

I looked into many online giving options for our small religious nonprofit. It was a real gauntlet! I was overwhelmed. Everything was too much money or too complex for our simple needs, and it was all so confusing. Hidden costs were everywhere, and no good way to compare. Everything got better when I found Giving Tools! It is cheap, simple honest, looks really nice - just perfect for our needs. They also have very good personal service, when you need it. We were too new to have a website yet, so Giving Tools even helped us work that out. I was grateful and amazed at the friendly service and expertise. Even if it was not already the best thing out there for us, that would have done it for me. I will be telling everyone I know. Thank you for existing Giving Tools!

TR

Tracey R.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

GT offers

We use Givingtools to collect weekly giving at our church. Easy to create appeals and collect donations.

Pros

Easy to learn and to teach to my congregation

Cons

Reports could be easier to generate with search options for locating specific donations.

GB

Gail B.

User friendly and great customer service.

Selection of GivingTools literally happened over a four-day period by my superior. Since I was in a crunch at work, she worked through the setup with customer service, then passed it off to me. I was able to pick it up quickly with little instruction. The design is simple, the user manual is just 16 pages, and the support for our quick start was fabulous. Using this, instead of our usual manual system, saved me hours of overtime at a critical time. With use, I've suggested small software changes that would make my experience better, and they've been receptive. There were a couple of odd processing errors, and they've been responsive when reported. Their partner for processing online payments, BluePay, has been equally good to work with and responsive.

LA

Laurie Anne B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Best service for nonprofits

Incredible!!!!! I can’t rave enough about the support, fees and options. I love this company

Pros

great options for a nonprofit. I like that I can take recurring donations or sell a ticket. The reports are great as well.

Cons

I need a few more tailoring options in appeals but I feel confident they are working on them.

SB

Sue B.

E-Learning, self-employed

Excellent tool

I've had only pleasant experiences with giving tools.

Pros

I love the ease of the software. It was simple to set up. I love that it gives an automatic response when people donate. I like that I can customize it.

Cons

I have nothing to compare it to. So far so good.

HL

Holly L.

Fund-Raising, self-employed

Take a look at Giving Tools

Pros

Front end: Ease of use. Back end: Customer/client support

Cons

Not impressed with report functions and data dump capabilities.

SS

Supreeth S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great Features and Support

Pros

The outstanding customer support and work on minute details. The graphical representation of the tool is more appealing.

Cons

The marketing part of this is not impressive as its really hard to hear about it. Some interference required for old and new merge.

ES

Eric S.

Giving Tools for Churches

Giving Tools helped us be able to offer online giving for our church and we’ve been happy with the results.

Pros

It was easy to integrate into our website

Cons

I wish there were more features to pulling reports

Jd

John david c.

Simple to use and a real asset to our CHurch

As a small church with limited resources we had struggled to come into the 21st century with credit card giving. After a couple of aborted attempts we found Giving Tools. They made it simple to set up and maintain and their personalized customer service guided us every step of the way. I give them my highest recommendation and strongly suggest you give them a try. If you've found the process confusing and intimidating these are the folks who can show you the way! Dave Canoles Treasurer, Buck Mt. Episcopal Church

LC

Lynnwood C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Giving Tools

Pros

Easy to use online giving. Options for method of payment. Giving is transferred directly to bank account.

Cons

No negatives of note. Everything works properly.

GH

Gayle H.

The software is very intuitive; therefore, easy to use.

As stated in my quick review, the software is easy to use. It is very similar to filling out an online form. If you have any problems, Customer Support is excellent! Jason, who I have worked with in Customer Support, is the ideal representative! He responds very quickly to emails and requests, even on Sunday. Additionally, he is funny and optimistic in the responses. Every company should be so fortunate to have someone like him on their team.

KM

Kelly M.

Unmatched customer service, perfect online giving solution for our non-profit

As a mid-size nonprofit who'd not previously entered the online giving arena, we'd heard positive things about Giving Tools and were attracted by its extremely low rates. After signing up and making some appeals (very easy to do!), I've received unmatched customer service, with representatives and tech people even reaching out to me proactively to make our site as attractive and functional as possible. Very impressed!