FTMaintenance CMMS Reviews

4.34/5 (46 reviews)

John Hosick

Seeback Roofing

Reviewed 2017-02-02

Just a few issues: - When I first generated reports I found the reports that shipped with FTMaintenance lackluster and limited. They were missing data fields that I needed to display for the sake of the company. I had to use Crystal Reports to create better reports particularly for the Demand Maintenance module. This took a lot of time but gave me the opportunity to learn SQL. The ability to make custom reports is my favorite feature of FTMaintenance. - I found the inventory transaction module nearly impossible to use for correcting large amounts of inventory parts. Adding a feature for say the administrator to import a CSV file listing parts to update the inventory quantities would be a handy feature. - Similarly, the purchase order, and especially the receiving modules, are difficult to use. Things like limiting the parts to those with the same vendor when creating a purchase order, tedious receiving (one part at a time), etc. - Displaying and browsing the list of work orders in the Demand Maintenance module is very slow as compared to DM History. I presume that's because the program is constantly UPDATING and SELECTing in the database for each work order scrolled. - I think a powerful feature would be to be able to create tasks, parts, vendors, etc. on the fly similar to how entries are created for DM/PM status, shift, requested by, etc. fields. Having a button to click that would open a small dialog would reduce the amount of flip-flopping between modules. - There's several bugs I've discovered involving entering data into fields, particularly after entering the wrong thing. i.e. Entering the wrong equipment number during creation of a work order from the quicklist in DM will often limit the equipment available to select later. I have to either delete the work order (if the work order is new) or delete the wrong equipment and add the proper one from the equipment tab. There are minor annoying things in other modules that cause problems. I'll have to write the steps down later to reproduce the bugs. - Tech support is very helpful and work hard to fix problems. I'm not sure if you've found someone to take over Mark's role but he seemed to be very knowledgeable about the inner workings of the software, especially with reports and the database structure. Despite these minor issues, a great program overall that is a lot of use in our company to monitor equipment maintenance, especially with new safety systems we're in the process of implementing.Flexibility to create reports. With only a few exceptions I like the SQL database structure making fun and easy to create powerful, professional-looking reports.

Brian Haner

Good CMMS for small business and getting up and running quickly.

Reviewed 2018-07-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Would like to see a little more detail in the work order completion like adding notes to a particular instance. This might be possible and I just haven't figured it out yet. I don't have a lot of experience with it and the work request feature has not been set up yet so I'm sure there's more for me to learn and tailor to my use. We are a mid-size machine shop and run the on-premise version with 22 pieces of equipment being tracked. What really attracted me to this software is it's price point, the attitude of it's representatives, and the fact that it's not too top heavy allowing me to get it running and not sit for hours entering all kinds of data I'll probably never use. They don't try to charge you for all the little extra things like a larger CMMS solution will. The yearly support and updates fee is the best I found.Not complicated. Setting up equipment is super easy and quick. Vendors are just as easy. There's no complicated database coding to have to worry about. Everything just gets assigned a number which is up to you how you want to start with that. Just about every drop down menu starts off empty allowing you to fill it with your custom fields. Even a state drop down where you enter addresses. Seems kinda silly but it's actually nice because if you only deal with suppliers from a few different states you don't have to scroll through 50 to get the one you need. This is a very customizable yet basic software.

Dan Green

Everything is now in one spot.

Reviewed 2017-08-08
Review Source: Software Advice

The customer service has been great at every step of our process. Any question we had, big or small, we always had the phone answered with a helpful response. I like the fact that all this information is in one spot. We now only have to hit a few buttons and see everything that was done to a piece of equipment. It helps us to see the recurring problems and how to plan better for the future. We also like the preventative maintenance scheduling, it helps ensure we are not missing crucial steps needed in the proper maintenance of our assets.

Brian Bird

The best Maintenance program available.

Reviewed 2016-12-06

First off the crew there that does all the dirty work we want to thank you here at FLS. Ft Maintenance has helped me tremendously not only to get organized but has brought down time in our facility down 23 percent. Having separate user accounts for my engineers give them the access to quickly search a part number find the location and have the equipment back up and running. Having a program that is so user-friendly and has so many features that save you time as far as managing your parts or also managing your budget can be a huge help when it comes to the end of year periods. Once again thanks for a good year Fast Trak.What I like mostly about the software is how organized it can make even the unorganized person.

Stephanie Robinson

Not happy with the sales department

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We purchased this product in October 2014 over 2 years ago. It takes a lot of preparing to make sure it is setup how you will use it. Otherwise, you will be doing a lot of changing. We did not implement it the first year we had it due to time constraints, however, we still paid the annual maintenance fee in 2015. The second time the annual fee came up we elected not to renew as we still were not using the program. Our maintenance plan expired October 17, 2016. End of January things slowed down a bit for us so we had an opportunity to start implementation. I e-mailed the sales department and asked if we could pickup the annual maintenance and support now for the same price. October 2016 they were quoting a renewal of $. The sales department responded to my e-mail but did not give me an answer they wanted to talk about it with me on the phone. They did not call me they called my maintenance guy direct and told him it would cost more rather than the $. Frustrating after not implementing for 2 years still paying the first year of maintenance letting it lapse for only 3 months and wanting to more than double it. Not very good customer service I would say.Probably a good program if you had some support and customer service from them. The import process seemed to work well.

Jessica Phillips

A GREAT WAY TO MANAGE YOUR MAINTENANCE !!!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

The FT Maintenance program has given our company a great template to start from. Now in business now about 4 years or so, we had nothing in place to control maintenance scheduling or set automatic preventative maintenance tasks with. Importing data to the system, and attaching files to the work order are so easy to do and setup. The online Youtube training videos were also a nice reference to have. Well done FasTrak Softworks! Youtube training, webinars, and tech support.

Mike Pietrowski

All in one software that is simple to use

Reviewed 2018-04-24

For us the inventory and preventitive maintenance platforms are the reason for going with FTMaintenance. Another pro is the training and support that is offered. No matter how small the issue they are there to help

Ken Gausman

FTMaintenance Has Been Successful For Us

Reviewed 2016-12-17

We purchased FTMaintenance to replace a 14-year-old PM software package. Our goal was to final a product that was easier to use, could be operated without printing paper job tickets and had more functionality. FTMaintenance met all of our requirements. It's easy to work with and update. We're totally paperless now. The Maintenance folks record their PM results in a mobile laptop computer. They type in notes and can attach digital pictures to their records to describe things. There are many functions that we aren't using yet, but it's good to know they are available. Many report options. A few weeks ago an important customer did a quality audit of our entire operation. Preventive maintenance was one of the areas they checked. It was easy to show the system and print a couple of reports to prove that our PM's were up to date. The auditor gave us a high mark and commented that our system was much easier to use than the files full of PM paperwork he has seen at other companies.

Charles Beauregard

Good product, good service

Reviewed 2016-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

From the beginning I can say I had a good experience even before being a customer. The demo was clear, the explanations were complete and I had a very good idea of what the product could offer. We bought the on-premise software, and when the software came in and was installed, it was exactly what the seller and his team told me it was. We had an issue after we bought the software regarding the languages supported, but FasTrak went to great lengths to accomodate us.

GMatthew Allen

I am so busy, it still isn't completely set up. I THINK once that happens it will be good.

Reviewed 2017-02-14

I am inputting data on approx. 250 pieces of equipment. It takes TIME. I believe once it has all the data input, it will work great. The customer service is outstanding. Very pleasant and helpful. For the money, I believe this is going to be great. Just not quite there yet.....I think it will be very good.

Steve Helbing

Does what we need it to do.

Reviewed 2017-01-23

We use the soft strictly as a Preventative Maintenance software. I'm sure that we could utilize some of the features more but have not had the need at this point in time. It has work fine for what we need it for.

Troy Wise

CMMS System

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Have been using the system for a year and a half now, a few learning curves from previous systems used in the past. Any time we run into any issues tech support is only a phone call away and always resolves any problems.Web based, easy access.

deshon brown

Easy way to manage employees and equipment activity in and out of the warehouse

Reviewed 2018-06-07

A way to manage activity day to day with my products and equipment a little with employees as well. I like that I can keep track of my equipment, products, and employees all in one place I can see exactly what is going in and out of my warehouse daily

Robert Neri

Neri's Bakery Products Inc / FasTrak Review

Reviewed 2014-12-22
Review Source: Software Advice

The FasTrak system has provided us with much better parts inventory control, saving our company money by not having to overstock parts. In addition, we are able to have all our parts loaded into the system, making it much easier to place orders when a particular item runs low.

Travis Russell

Isovolta Inc. Review of FTMaintenance

Reviewed 2015-01-05
Review Source: Software Advice

The software is extremely simple to use and very intuitive. The guys at FasTrak are very responsive and always know how to solve any issues I have.

Jim Ramsay

Very useful program with excellent customer service!

Reviewed 2015-01-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Besides the software being easy to use and customize, I would have to say that the training, help, and accessibility of the service team is second to none.

Robert Smith

FTMaintenance

Reviewed 2017-02-24
Review Source: Software Advice

I looked at 4 different software solutions. FTMaintenance provided us with an On-Site option for the Database and Service Request module. FTMaintenance provided the best cost option for our company. On-site with low annual maintenance costs

Leonard Hixson

FT Maintenance

Reviewed 2015-11-10
Review Source: Software Advice

The vendor is very helpful and willing to help with any problem. The software has a lot of depth which is both good and bad.

Rich Colton

Infinitely better than a spreadsheet

Reviewed 2018-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

The software handles both demand and preventive maintenance needs and stores tons of data on equipment, personnel, vendors, and other things even in its economical Cloud Lite + version. The Service Request features provides a very simple front end for an unlimited number of users.

Catherine Browne

Crown Poly Fastrak Review

Reviewed 2014-12-30
Review Source: Software Advice

The inventory works well, and the item info is strong. Most modules work well, and the training is great.

Russell Mims

Best money I ever spent!

Reviewed 2014-12-16
Review Source: Software Advice

The software took me out of the stone age. I was using spreadsheets to keep up with maintenance. I found out very quickly I could transfer my old system/cut and paste into the new system.

John Arevalo

FTMaintenence Review

Reviewed 2015-10-21
Review Source: Software Advice

What I like best about this software is the affordability. I researched about 6 different software programs. Honestly, by the 3rd online conference, they all had basically the same information and benefits of their software. The price and accessibility to support were the driving factors in making this decision. I have been pleased with the software and all my contact with support has been positive.

David Murdock

Isovolta Group

Reviewed 2015-02-25
Review Source: Software Advice

It's easy to navigate through it. Once you do it once, you'll like it.

Paul Jackson

FasTrak is the best

Reviewed 2014-12-17
Review Source: Software Advice

The FasTrak team is always quick to help with any problems and offer advice when you need it. Everyone that I have worked with knows who I am. I'm not just another number in the system.

JAMIE ANDERSON

great product

Reviewed 2019-01-15

best way to track all your maintenance needs