KPA Flex Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.52/10

Reviews by rating

I recommend it to anyone I come in contact with who may ask for a system like what iScout offers. The things you can do with it for your company is fantastic.
The ability to capture and communicate action items with follow up to the appropriate people has made us more effective and efficient.
I mean it is an absolutely atrocious name for the software. I really believe it is hurting the product to have the name "KPA EHS." That name could refer to anything by anyone and it is a mouthful.
Injury and vehicle collision reporting are almost instantaneous with the forms available via a smart phone.

CC

Craig C.

Rudy Construction

Our company really enjoys iScout. It’s easy to use, and is a great asset to us

Pros

How easy it is to use, and customize. The app for phone is very easy to use. 20/20 training is a very nice asset as well.

Cons

It would be nice if you could download charts from the data that is entered.

Thanks for the review, Craig.

JE

John E.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Pleased Customer

We have used it to enhance our overall safety culture.

Pros

This product is very easy to train to our field employees. We use it for inspections and for our behavior based safety observations. It is very easy to run reports to check on compliance.

Cons

The fact that I cannot run report on my mobile phone when I am out in the field with our employees.

Thanks for the feedback John. You can access the reporting module using the Website tab in the app. There you will be able to run reports, but you will need connectivity.

AC

Alexandros C.

Review of KPA Flex

Pros

The ease of implementing training programs.

Cons

Difficult to find some things in the interface.

SG

Stephanie G.

Easy, User Friendly, and Interactive

We are able to complete do away with another app that wasn't able to function and do all the things we as a company were looking to do. iScout customizes the website to be as user friendly and to fit the best needs for our business!

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize each companies site. Everyone on the customer support team is super helpful and always easy to reach.

Cons

Is being too great a con?! I have yet to find anything that I do not like about this app.

Great feedback, Stephanie! Thanks for the review.

WT

Will T.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Perfect for us and so flexible

It is our Safety Management System. It's real time and simple, simple, simple. It really helps our office employees see what the field crews do and helps other locations see what they deal with as well.

Pros

I was attracted to the ease of developing reports, training, etc. and it has done more than expected. The simplicity for our employees is what makes it work.

Cons

There's not much if anything I don't like. Maybe the layout of a form when using the "Select" option. For example, when selections are made and the report is submitted, the "select" sections go to a sentence form with commas. I'd rather see the selections stacked, like in a column form. Last thing, the names [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and iScout were much catchier and likened to. Our company still calls it iScout.

JR

Joyce R.

Changing Safety Culture Using Technology

When I review our lagging indicators, the impact of focusing on the leading indicators is evident in the 75% reduction in our total recordable incident rate. On average, I review 850 reports each month, including JSA’s, observations and inspections as soon as they are completed and submitted in the field. Information sharing is improved, and risks are reduced for employees in the field through...

Pros

The iScout safety software provides a platform to manage a fully integrated safety system for our employees. The system provides the ability to manage reporting and training, along with equipment management. The oil and gas industry has begun to focus on using leading indicators when working towards safety excellence. A safety approach that is easy to use equals increased participation by all employees and will ultimately lead to the success of the program.

Cons

Challenges with the implementation of the program were training on iScout due to our remote work sites, technology challenges such as internet connectivity, and changing the mindset of the older oil and gas worker to adapt to real time technology. All of our workers prefer the technology over previously used paper forms once they understood how easy the system is to operate. There have been no issues with the software, simply challenges with implementation to the field worker.

Thanks for the feedback, Joyce!

IU

Ian U.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Intuitive, Easy to use, and Powerful Safety Tool

I use KPA on a daily basis and enjoy the using the software for our EHS needs.

Pros

The intuitiveness for all users to use. In the construction industry, we have some older or some not so technically inclined folks and the software is easy enough for them to use.

Cons

On the widgets function there are some aspects that I think could be improved

AM

Angela M.

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

KPA software has taken our business into the future.

Pros

KPA software is easy to use and streamlined. Not only do we consistently hear this feedback from our workforce, but we were able to build the software from scratch and implement KPA to our workforce in only a month.

Cons

Education during the implementation process was left to the admins too much. It was a self-serve process. The videos were helpful, but we would've liked to have been able to let some of our implementation cost be earned a little more.

WY

Winchester Y.

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

KPA as a one-stop shop

KPA has become a key tool in Safety as well as in Project Management. We are integrating departments through this robust tool.

Pros

KPA presented the company with a uniform, unified reporting and management conduit that significantly reduced the latency in reporting. My labor hours as Management have been reduced by as much as an entire workday.

Cons

KPA software add-ons can at times be pricey. We were quoted above $10K for a single training module.

PG

Parker G.

Printing, 11-50 employees

KPA Review for a small Start up

The KPA team made it easy for me at the beginning. You get a hands training and the start and continually support when you need it. Your buying more than the software but experience from the experts.

Pros

Easy of use. All safety and compliance documents and certifications in one place.

Cons

More training and features without adding additional expenses

CD

Charles D.

iScout Review

Overall I like iScout. It's so much better than keeping track of items in multiple spreadsheets. The reports that can be generated from it are great because we can see what's trending whether it be positive or negative. The customer service is great and quick to reply when I have a question or concern.

Pros

The mobile app is easy to use and navigate, especially for our field personnel. Filling out forms/reports and submitting them is relatively simple. If no cell service is available at the time a report is submitted from the field it will automatically update and submit the form when service becomes available. I like that I can create my own forms and tailor them to our company's needs.

Cons

I can think of two things that I have always found lacking with iScout via a desktop computer. 1. The inability to click on "previous" and "next" when reviewing reports one after the other. These would make for much easier navigation. When I do go "back" I have to start from the beginning with all the reports listed and scroll to the one I want. It takes me back to the top of the list and the...

Thanks for the feedback, Charles.

MC

Matthew C.

Excellent Product

The overall experience has been outstanding. Customer support is probably the best i have ever dealt with. A big thanks to the IScout team for what they have created.

Pros

Going from old paper document where it could take anywhere from two days to a week to receive a field report, to having immediate access. We have saved tons of time. And the forms can be customized in just about anyway you can imagine.

Cons

The training feature we have just recently started using on a wide scale due to COVID 19 and it has been an excellent tool. However, It can be cumbersome. It would be nice if the system had a calendar built in similar to the outlook calendar to help build in when certain training's get kicked out and to set reminders to me as to when a training is going to be available. I am talking specifically from a administrator stand point. You can assign training and have them sent out on a certain date no problem, I am talking more specifically about a calendar to open similar to outlook to see monthly and yearly what training is coming up. We are new to using the training portion of this so it may be that we not made it this far yet.

Thanks for the review Matthew, we value your feedback.

JK

Jeanna K.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

iScout - It's a "Win" "Win"

The iScout software has helped with capturing data and reporting in one system. We have been able to eliminate multiple subscriptions and management our data and reporting with a few clicks. The Customer Success Team has definitely made the experience worth while. I'd like to give a big "Thank You" to the Team.

Pros

There are many features that I found impactful with the iScout software as I have implemented several other systems. I'll start with the ease of "Getting Started" that included 11 tasks to setup our account. These tasks were assigned to me with step by step instructions. The iScout app has been instrumental with helping our employees that work in the field, complete required regulatory training. And extremely easy for the employees to navigate through.

Cons

With every software, there are items that one would like to change or add. iScout is continuously making improvements and adding new features.

Thanks Jeanna, we value your feedback.

HM

Harris M.

Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 employees

iScout the only way to go

Started working with iScout about a year ago building forms for hazard hunts and onsite hazard mitigation. The system has done everything we have thrown at it.

Pros

easy to use, costumer support, all the training videos

Cons

the inability to customize the dashboard

Thanks for the review, Harris. We are working on a customizable dashboard update.

MB

Mike B.

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

Easy and Effective

IScout has made it simpler to find documents to conduct internal and external audits. Multiple resources can be pulled from business units anywhere in the country from one desktop.

Pros

The ability for all employees to have access to necessary forms at their fingertips at a reasonable cost makes IScout invaluable to us. The ease of navigation fits even the most untrained persons. After an uncomplicated build and help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team, our employees could find their forms, equipment, policies and procedures quickly and easily.

Cons

The only difficulty is placing items in folders that are easily understood. This is simply a training and practice issue that is easily solved.

Mike, thank you for leaving a review.

RW

Rodney W.

Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

Great Software

Pros

User friendly and very easy to customize.

Cons

Dashboard could be a little more customizable.

Thanks Rodney. We are working on improvements to the dashboard and will let you know when to expect the update.

RD

Ross D.

Insurance, 1,001-5,000 employees

iScout2020

We use iScout to document our client interactions and communicate those throughout our organization. Being able to customize our own reports is sweet and then being able to set those up to push out to the appropriate individuals automatically is just fantastic. I have worked with the team that invented iScout and they are a super group of people. I know I can recommend this product to any business and that it will bring a ton of value.

Pros

The platform is incredibly easy to use and customize. For me that's critically important. The company continues to make the platform better continuously.

Cons

I really have no cons and when I have need help the iScout team has always come thru.

Thank you for the feedback, Ross.

HP

Harrison P.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

iScout can't be beat dollar for dollar

I am in the process of implementing iScout at my second company which should indiciate how much value I find in the software.

Pros

The customizability of iScout is one of the greatest aspects of the platform. You can replace any paper form that is currently used and then enhance it using features only possible on a software platform. Also, the simplicity of iScout is one of its strong suits. The platform doesn't require days or weeks of training to get employees up to speed and once the initial configuration and data input is finished, additional updates and modifications are very easy to do.

Cons

There are a few quality of life improvements that would be nice to have especially the ability to perform actions in bulk. Things like creating and modifying forms can be tedious because of the number of clicks required to add or edit line items. Also when completing forms, attachments (pictures or documents) must be added one at a time instead of adding all attachments at once.

Thanks for the feedback, Harrison.

BC

Bob C.

iScout Review

Very satisfied iScout is very quick to respond to questions and help in anything I have needed.

Pros

The software provides easy to use documents they have a lot to choose from and can be complete customized. The training 20/20 is also an awesome compliance tool to help the overall safety program.

Cons

iScout has added tools to there software I've been looking for since I started using them. One of the main things was computer based training. They are safety professionals they think of the things we would like to see and seem to be one step ahead!

Thanks Bob, we value your feedback.

TS

Timothy S.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

A truly great product from an awesome team

We are using KPA EHS for our training platform. It has been great as we are able to offer high quality online training to our employees, who are primarily out in the field. It is also easy to manage and integrate, saving lots of time and offering a better view into our overall training and compliance.

Pros

Nearly every step of our journey with KPA EHS has been fantastic. Getting set up and integrating with our existing systems was as easy as it could go, the product itself is easy to use and works great, and the team behind the product is awesome to work with.

Cons

About the only thing I can comment as a minus is that I wish there was a bit more flexibility with some of the API functions, like more ways to sort and filter, but as is it still works super well.

AG

Amber G.

KPA Review

Pros

The fact that employees have access to the system no matter where they are. They can access from a phone/tablet out on location, to a person that is in an office setting with access to computers.

Cons

Setting up trainings and forms. Once they are set, things are great, but I would like to be able to import my ppts and/or forms into the system directly.

AS

Andrew S.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Love it

Love it and hope to see solutions for training and analysis faster.

Pros

Ease of use for checklists. Easy setup and customization of forms and equipment.

Cons

There are work around that need to be done to make the system work. Tracking training without having all employees in the system, report customizations. Lack of analysis Options. I had to make a form to make a task since the system is geared towards completing forms, rather than completing tasks. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Thanks for the honest review, Andrew. We will consider your feedback as we improve the product.

Andrew R.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Safety data at your finger tips

Pros

Being able to develop your own safety audit criteria is key. We have multiple clients who demand different criteria for their respective projects. Being able to pull reports that meet the needs of the specific clients aids in generating reports that show how well we are doing in the realm of safety.

Cons

The ability to create forms that resemble an excel sheet in the way they are graded and weighted.

Andrew, we appreciate your feedback.

JS

Jana S.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Growing with KPA!

It's been really great! We cant wait to use the safety video functions for our future courses.

Pros

We love the functionality of KPA and how user friendly it is. We use it within multiple different departments for a variety of tasks.

Cons

Some functions are limited, but i've put in requests before and someone has either reached out or passed it up to see if its possible.

DW

Damion W.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Don't get it from my review.

We have been able to track accidents/incidents better and faster to reduce them.

Pros

The ease of use in the field on the mobile app for the guys, but getting them to use on their phones has been the complicated part. Can't force have to show them why it's a value to them as well as the company.

Cons

nothing at this time, I think this app is a great benefit to all companies.